PDA

View Full Version : Help me pick my feats

Dristin
2014-04-24, 10:52 AM
I won't have access to all the books I need for my character until our group gets together so I wanted some suggestions/ideas for feats for my character that I am building. I am building a rogue 1, spell thief 1, wizard 5, spellwarp sniper 3. I choose human for the extra feat and skill points. I went with rogue first to get extra skill points and spell thief to get the spell steal and extra sneak attack next. Then wizard to 5th level to get requirements to go into spellwarp sniper prc. Any comments and suggestions are appreciated.

Dusk Eclipse
2014-04-24, 10:58 AM
Master Spellthief is a must for any character that uses Spell thief and a casting class.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2014-04-24, 11:11 AM
Skip the Rogue level, go Spellthief 1/ Wizard 4/ Unseen Seer 2/ Spellwarp Sniper. Take Invisible Spell from Cityscape so nobody will know where the shots are coming from.

It's actually better with Sorcerer, due to what the Rules Compendium says about precision damage on volley spells. A spell that makes multiple attacks, such as Scorching Ray, will only deal precision damage on one of the attacks unless the spell take a full-round action to cast. A Sorcerer who casts an Invisible Scorching Ray will deal sneak attack damage with every hit, since spontaneously casting it with metamagic will increase the casting time to a full-round action.

Telonius
2014-04-24, 11:13 AM
Well, you need Point-Blank Shot to qualify, so that's a given. How about...

1 Rogue1 Point-Blank Shot, Craven
2 Spellthief1
3 Wizard1 Scribe Scroll, Still Spell
4 Wizard2
5 Wizard3
6 Wizard4 Master Spellthief
7 Wizard5 Split Ray (bonus Wizard)
8 Spellwarp Sniper1
9 Spellwarp Sniper2 Practiced Spellcaster
10 Spellwarp Sniper3 Precise Shot

After you finish out Spellwarp Sniper, you could go Arcane Trickster (or any other full-casting PrC) to finish it out.

Big Fau
2014-04-24, 11:18 AM
I won't have access to all the books I need for my character until our group gets together so I wanted some suggestions/ideas for feats for my character that I am building. I am building a rogue 1, spell thief 1, wizard 5, spellwarp sniper 3. I choose human for the extra feat and skill points. I went with rogue first to get extra skill points and spell thief to get the spell steal and extra sneak attack next. Then wizard to 5th level to get requirements to go into spellwarp sniper prc. Any comments and suggestions are appreciated.

Why lose more Wizard levels when you can use items/Martial Stance to get extra Sneak Attack? Rogue 1 isn't that good of a dip over Human Spellthief 1 unless you're a Changeling (in which case you're better off with Rogue over spellthief).

As Dusk Eclipse said, you need Master Spellthief if you want to use that class. If you don't have it the Steal Spell ability is useless as you can't steal more than a 1st level spell. Depending on your DM the Steal Spell ability may not be useful anyway, as you may not encounter enough spellcasting opponents to make good use of it.