PDA

View Full Version : Dimension door the door

fuzzybits
2014-04-24, 12:37 PM
Is it possible to teleport a door with you using dimension door? Assuming the door doesn't exceed your maximum load? Or would that only work if the door wasn't attached to anything?

sleepyphoenixx
2014-04-24, 12:50 PM
A door is a distinct object, so i don't see why you couldn't. There's no clear rules on it so it's up to your DM in the end.
Most doors are probably way to heavy for a wizards strength though, especially after all the other equipment you already carry.

Rebel7284
2014-04-24, 12:51 PM
I would rule that you cannot unless it's unattached. Otherwise, you could start teleporting out pieces of support columns, etc.

Diarmuid
2014-04-24, 12:55 PM
I dont know if there's specific RAW to cover this scenario, but I would think the door is part of the larger structure that it's attached to and could not be taken by itself.. If the door had been ripped off its hinges and was lying unattached on the ground, then sure.

Interestingly, it doesnt say unattended objects so you could try to grab your opponent's weapon or armor and take that with you, obviously granting a save, but interesting nonetheless.

Curmudgeon
2014-04-24, 05:45 PM
A door is a distinct object, so i don't see why you couldn't.
A door which hasn't been attached is a distinct object. But that distinction goes away when the door is firmly attached to hinges, which in turn are firmly attached to the door jamb (part of the wall).

animewatcha
2014-04-24, 06:20 PM
Why am I getting images of a Half-minotaur sorcerer ( or wizard or such ) teleporting out support columns to bring the house down on enemies / frenzied berserker?

Slipperychicken
2014-04-24, 08:41 PM
Is it possible to teleport a door with you using dimension door? Assuming the door doesn't exceed your maximum load? Or would that only work if the door wasn't attached to anything?

I'm not sure about RAW, but I'd rule that you can only take objects considered to be in your inventory (i.e. carried or worn items).