PDA

View Full Version : [PF] The Pack

Pages : [1] 2

Oseyerys
2014-04-24, 01:44 PM
As the afternoon wears on, you find yourselves a few miles outside of Rivvenheim. Earlier that day, Prometheus came up to you all and informed you of a pack of Hell Hounds reported to have been seen around the old ruins of Barradin Tor. Barradin Tor was an outpost of the ancients that was torn asunder when a lich sorcerer marched on the gates of Rivvenheim. Your mentor sent you out to validate these rumors and to handle the situation accordingly.

Your group of five is being led to Barradin Tor by Alistair. You see him in front of you choosing your path. He wears chain armor and has a bow in his hand. Strapped to his back is his greatsword. His brown hair cascades to his shoulders he looks rugged like a ranger should. He has been your ally since you underwent the transformation and you have looked to him for guidance as he was the first of you to be turned. He has always looked out for the group and put them first. To anyone who didn't know him, Alistair would come across as a serious and intimidating man, but you know better. He uses sarcasm that you have grown accustomed to and is rather cavalier about death. It was he that got you all to work together as a team.

You travel through the woodlands following Alistair's steps. The walk is tedious but you know better than to risk your detection from some wandering trader were you to take your hybrid form. Nature seems to be alive and buzzing around you, with your altered senses you can smell and hear better than ever before and you know which animal is where. Thus far there seems to be no immediate threats.

After another hour or so you begin to see Barradin Tor in the sunset. Before it was destroyed the stone fort must have been impressive to behold for even now it's old strength and structure could be seen. All afternoon you have not seen anything yet and you are not entirely sure what you will come across in the ruins. But you do know that if there is evil, you are the one who must end it. You will reach the old fort in about a half hour and so Alistair decides to pause a moment for water and to prepare.

He addresses you all, "Alright look, we're gonna go in there, find out whatever is scaring the local townsfolk and get out. I'd like to get some sleep tonight and to do that we should be back home before dawn. We're going to try this the normal way first, no need to turn hybrid if we don't have to. If you need to shout out and we will know. Hell Hounds are nasty little bastards that never really travel in a pack of anything less than five. Don't walk into a trap", he then glances back at the outpost in the distance before he flashes you all a feral grin, "now let's go have some fun."

With that he begins to lead you all towards the ominous looking ruins once more.

This is where your adventure begins...

Vhaidara
2014-04-24, 01:55 PM
Vhaidara had resolved herself that morning to read as what she claims to be: A servant of the gods of good (She detects as NG under magical observation)

Vhaidara laughs softly.
*Alistair* How are we supposed to have fun in these bodies, teacher?
She strings her bow and knocks an arrow to the string, stalking into the old ruins.

Stealth: [roll0]

PhoenixRise
2014-04-24, 02:11 PM
Kali take a deep breath as she sigh, peering towards the ruins. If only we were doing this at night, then I can fly to my hearts content, but that would arouse too much attention in this daylight. Though, perhaps if I stay to a lower altitude... Taking cues from Vhaidara, Kali follow in her footsteps, mentally reciting the spells she had prepared earlier this morning.

0th Level
Ray of Frost
Detect Magic
Prestidigitation

1st Level
Grease x1
Color Spray x1

Enyalius
2014-04-24, 02:21 PM
Korbin shakes his head at his allies impatience, but follows their lead, sneaking into the ruins right beside them.

"Yeah, sure fun, whatever, just don't go messing with anything before I make sure it won't blow up or something."

[roll0] for stealth.

tonberryking
2014-04-24, 02:55 PM
Juno is even less verbose than Korbin, just shouldering by with her own large sword close at hand, though her falchion has a curved guard that rounds over the weapon's grip, and a discolored from age blade that is in sharp contrast to the ranger's well-kept gear. She wordlessly prowls around, looking to see if there's anything she could easily climb for a better vantage, as no matter what the alchemist dosed her with, her human guise is still rather petite despite her strength...

Perception check for the surroundings:[roll0]

And a climb if there's anything she can actually climb to get a better vantage: [roll1]

Juno has a sling in her inventory, as well as five stones--not sling ammo-- just as an FYI. They deal d3 damage, but with her strength mod, it's a little negligible.

Oseyerys
2014-04-24, 03:43 PM
Vhaidara

Alistair chuckles as he hears your question. He knows what you think of your new abilities.

"These Hell Hounds are nothing but a stain on creation. They are not worthy of witnessing your true power my dear."

Korbin

Alistair flashes a grin at you. It is no secret that, of all the members of your party, you are the most silent of them all. Perhaps that is why you ended with the hybrid form you did. Nonetheless Alistair feigns taking offense at your comment.

"Korbin I'll have you know I was the master of subtlety before you came along making all your noise."

To All

You reach the ruins about 20 minutes later. Alistair has his bow drawn and glances around. All is eerily silent but you know that doesn't mean the place is void of life. A portion of crumbled fort is protruding from the ground to your left. Alistair signals to Juno.

Juno

You take Alistair's signal and climb the rubble expertly. Once at the top you take a look around for any signs of movement... You see nothing yet but there is a lot of rubble and of course, inside the ruins themselves...

Vhaidar

Alistair cues to you and Korbin and the two of you slink off to search around the ruins.

Korbin

Taking Alistair's cue, you noiselessly move off to search. You and Vhaidara remain in eyesight but you each explore on your own as Alistair taught you.

Kali

Alistair signals to you to be his partner and he begins to move away but at the same time remain near enough should trouble arise to look for clues as to what is going on...

As of yet you sense and hear nothing...

Vhaidara
2014-04-24, 03:56 PM
Vhaidara continues further into the ruins, unstringing her bow as she moves into what will undoubtedly become close quarters. She puts one hand on her scarf, sliding her finger along its bladed edge.

Perception: [roll1]

Enyalius
2014-04-24, 04:30 PM
Korbin walks, some distance between him and Vhaidara, one of his short swords in hands, having draw it once he split from the rest of the group. He keeps alert, eyes open, ears tuned making sure that there is little chance of something surprising him,while at the same time making sure he doesn't step on any old traps.

[roll0] for stealth, then [roll1] perception of things of importance(not traps),

[roll2] to spot traps, if a trap is spotted [roll3] to disarm.

PhoenixRise
2014-04-24, 04:48 PM
Kali, heeding to Alistair's warnings, stays a bit further back, but tries to maintain vision on her friends. In the mean time, she will scour the ground, looking for any fresh tracks akin to what a hell hound would have.

[roll0]

tonberryking
2014-04-24, 05:51 PM
Juno likewise frees her sword a little in its sheath, but doesn't attempt to climb down yet. Once she's figured out which way the wind moves she tries to catch any amount of unnatural scent she can, any lingering sense of wrongness carried over the air....

Survival:
[roll0]

Also, a conditional acrobatics check: if it is relatively possible for Juno to leap from one part of the rocky outcropping she's on, like, within 8 feet or so, she's gonna try. If it's more, or clearly she needs a running start, then forget it, she'll just come back down.

Acrobatics[roll1]

Oseyerys
2014-04-24, 08:16 PM
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]
[roll10]
[roll11]
[roll12]
[roll13]
[roll14]
[roll15]

Vhaidara

You slowly make your way through the ruins. You try to be quiet but with all the destroyed stone, you can't help but kick a pebble here and there making a small echo in the crevasses of the rubble you're walking through. You cannot see anything, there's too many possible hiding places you see no signs of life anywhere. However, your scent which has been heightened since the transformation is telling you that your party is not alone here.

Korbin

You move with catlike grace through the large pieces of the destroyed fort looking for any signs of life. It is then that you catch, out of the corner of your eye, a quick movement. Then there again on your left! You glance around, for you are sure you saw something. This continues to happen where everywhere your sight is not directly focused there appears to be some figure moving. What's more, your scent is telling you that you are being watched, quite possibly by the things you are seeing in your peripheral vision.

Kali

You follow Alastair, making your way to the base entrance of the ruins. The ruins have started to become overgrown with foliage but there is a clear entrance to the once-proud tower of Barradin Tor. Thus far you haven't seen anything yet but once you get to the entrance of the fort, Alistair clicks his tongue twice calling your attention. He jerks his thumb over in the direction you just came from just in time to see a figure dash out of sight behind the rubble. Alistair points at his eyes, and then to where the creature was motioning for you to keep your attention focused on that direction. He then leads the way into the fort to look there.

Juno

You take in a deep breath and instantly are hit with some foreign smell. You too can tell that you are definitely not the only ones here. With this knowledge you decide to try and find your party members. You see the next large chunk of stone is roughly nine feet away. You brace yourself and leap towards it... Your feet land on the very edge of the rubble and you catch your balance quickly, you are now closer towards the main ruin site and can just see Alistair and Kali at its entrance. You too scan for any signs of predators, you do happen to see some singed grass from your perch that make small trails around the ruins. At ground level you might not have caught it but from your perch... you can clearly see that the singed grass outlines large canine footprints...

Everyone

It is still eerily quiet and you hear nothing. The sun is halfway done setting at this point.

tonberryking
2014-04-24, 09:03 PM
Juno makes a thrush's call from her newfound perch, hoping Alastair and Kali notice her and her pointing towards the singed grass, and with her closed fingers roughly shaped into a paw she pantomimes the act of making tracks as well as their general direction should they notice.

The tiny barbarian wonders earnestly if she could clear a jump into the main ruins without killing herself... but mostly just keeps an eye out.

Not, I repeat, NOT going to make any jumps this time, just scope the land out some more:
Perception
[roll0]

Vhaidara
2014-04-24, 10:14 PM
Vhaidara tries to catch Korbin's attention and taps her nose to indicate the scent.

Perception: [roll1]

PhoenixRise
2014-04-24, 10:35 PM
Kali, noticing shapes and forms shuffling and dashing, tenses up, gripping her weapon tighter. I should not cast a spell just yet...don't want to draw unecessary attention. With the sun setting, I may be able to go into my bat form

Knowing the direction of the danger, Kali attempts to conceal herself, hiding behind some rubble, and then attempts to isolate the position of this form.

[roll0]
Edit: If I can take a readied action to cast color spray upon anything charging me or Alistair, I will do as such.

Enyalius
2014-04-25, 06:20 AM
Spotting Vhaidara trying to give him a silent message, he mouth's the words "I know."

He then begins moving closer towards her, he doesn't want to be separated when those things decide to attack.

As he moves he stays alert, trying to make sure he won't be caught by surprise.

[roll0] stealth then [roll1] perception

Oseyerys
2014-04-25, 08:05 AM
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]

A couple of things begin to happen at once...

Vhaidara

Keeping your eyes out for the source of the smell you now begin to see shadowy forms moving around in your peripheral vision. You are unable to pinpoint their exact location but you now know you are being watched by something.

Korbin

You move towards Vhaidara and continue to see the creatures dancing around. You happen to glance to your right and can just make out a large canine before it disappears once more behind some rubble. By your judgement there are only two or three of them in the ruins but it's impossible to be certain with all this cover and their rapid movements.

Kali

You see Juno's warnings and understand their meaning. Alistair exits the ruin entrance signaling that there is nothing in there. It is then you hear a tapping off to your right behind a large piece of rubble. Alistair puts away his bow and removes his greatsword, motioning for you to stay back while he goes to check it out. He slowly creeps forward towards the rubble. You watch as he ends up walking between two large pieces of the tower, the tapping still audible. You see Alistair brace himself and round the corner... He then relaxes his weapon and half-smiles.

Alistair then looks back at you and mouths the word "bird".

It is that that point that, from the rubble on the other side, a large, skinny dog with reddish brown fur leaps out of cover growling and pounces on Alistair's back throwing him to the ground behind cover. Alistair grunts and you hear the hound snapping and snarling at him.

Juno

Right about the point Alistair gets attacked, you see, in the woods in front of you, what appears to be all the birds nested in the trees taking to the skies. You hear them cawing and their wings flapping in the distance. Something spooked them and you know whatever it is, it's not good.

To all

At the time that you see the birds get spooked and begin to fly away you all hear howling in the distance breaking the eerie silence that has held the ruins. The howling is not of this world. It is a deeper more ominous howl as though it resonated from the deepest corners of hell. You all know things are about to get interesting...

PhoenixRise
2014-04-25, 09:31 AM
Cursing herself for letting Alistair get out of her sight, even for a moment, Kali abandons all care for danger, and begins sprinting towards him, drawing her blade.
Cant let it happen again, can't let it happen again... She mutters to herself.

[roll0]

If by the time Kali move, no-one else has drawn the attention of the creature away from Alistair:
Move into a position where she can see him and the hound.
Cast Ray of Frost: ranged touch attack : [roll1]
Damage(cold) [roll2] *1.5 due to vulnerability to cold, if it is a hell hound
If someone has drawn the attention of the creature:
Sprint action to place Kali between creature and Alistair, check/ask if Alistair is alright.

Enyalius
2014-04-25, 10:17 AM
"Dammit.". he curses to himself before drawing his second blade, as he does he calls out to his ally,

*Vhaidara* "Hey, remember how you asked how we can have fun in these bodies... well You're about to find out!

As he finishes speaking he settles into a combat stance, his short swords gripped tightly, getting ready for the hellhound's attack.

[roll0]

Move action to draw second blade.

If I have been attacked, or if there is an enemy in range then I will attack, [roll1] attack 1 and [roll2] 2 for both swords.

If I crit on 1, 2 or both [roll3] , [roll4] to confirm.
if hit then [roll5] for hit 1, or if the second hits [roll6] for hit 2 or if both hit, if one or both of these is a critical then double that number.

If I don't see a enemy yet, or it is not in range, then I will use a total defense action, +4 dodge bonus to AC for 1 round, putting my Ac at 21.

Vhaidara
2014-04-25, 10:36 AM
So, stealth mission's over?
Vhaidara whips her scarf around, clasping it in both hands.

Initiative:[roll0]
If an enemy comes in range (readied action to attack if there isn't one by her turn)
Attack [roll1]
Confirmation: [roll2]
Damage: [roll3]
Crit damage: [roll4]

tonberryking
2014-04-25, 12:47 PM
Throwing caution, and herself, to the wind, Juno leaps for another outcropping to get herself closer to Alistair and his attacker with a shrill whistle on her lips. Her mind races; even if there're worse things inside the ruins, having your back to something is less of a pain than being scatteredaround this place, and she hopes the other two 'recruits' are on her heels.

Initiative:
[roll0]

Acrobatics:
[roll1]

Oseyerys
2014-04-25, 01:44 PM
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]
[roll10]
[roll11]

I'm taking the first two 1d20+5 rolls for attacks this round for the dogs...

Korbin

Being a little ways away from Alistair and Kali, you stand next to Vhaidara and wait. After a few seconds you hear growling to your left and brace yourself as a large hound with fire in its eyes comes out from behind the rubble and approaches you. It stalks up to you, taking its time studying you. Once it is within range you take two swings at it with your swords. The hound jumps back and, realizing you're a threat, bares its fangs at you in preparation to attack...

Juno

Hearing your comrade fall, you get a sudden rush of adrenaline and leap to the next chunk of rubble that blocks your view from what is happening. You make the jump easily and quickly cross over to the other side in time to see a furious Alistair swing at the hound with his greatsword sending it flying to the adjacent rubble. The hound hits it's spine against the rocks shattering it. It lays still where it falls...

Kali

You sprint towards where you saw Alistair get tackled. You round the corner just in time to see him face the Hell Hound with his greatsword.

"Think you can take me on without your little friends eh?", you hear him say, "Like to see you try. I'm alright Kali, just had the wind knocked out of me for a second there. Watch my back will you? This one's mine."

The hound growls at Alistair who meets it with an equally menacing growl. They both rush to charge each other and meet head on. Alistair brings his sword around with all his strength and connects steel with bone. The hound howls in pain as it flies towards the rock adjacent to the two. The hound yelps in shock and crumples to the ground.

You do see that behind you another hell hound is coming out from behind the rubble to face you...

Vhaidara

You hear the hound that Korbin attacked growling but pay little attention to it as another hound from the opposite side approaches you. This hound, unlike the one facing Korbin doesn't study you first. It rushes up to you jaws snapping and growling. You reward its haste with a whip of your scarf. The dog yips at the wound you inflict on it and jumps back in shock... right before it lunges forward once more...

To All

The howling is getting closer...

Hound Facing Korbin

The hound jumps forward to attack. Because it is wary of your swords it was a half-hearted attack and you easily keep the dog at bay...

Hound Facing Vhaidara

The dog that you drew blood on lunges at you, furious that you injured it. It waits for your scarf to pass it by once more and takes the opening. It gets close to you and manages to bite your leg. It's massive jaws sink into your flesh (3 dmg and 3 fire damage).

Hound Facing Kali

The hound facing you bares it's fangs but makes no attack yet...

Vhaidara
2014-04-25, 02:21 PM
Vhaidara yowls in pain, dropping her scarf as she shifts in reaction to the pain, lashing at the hellhound with great savagery.

Shift to hybrid form
Regeneration: [roll0]
Bite Attack: [roll1]
Bite Confirmation: [roll2]
Bite Damage: [roll3]
Bite Crit Damage: [roll4]
Venom Damage: [roll5]
Claw Attack 1: [roll6]
Claw Confirmation 1: [roll7]
Claw Damage 1: [roll8]
Claw Crit Damage 1: [roll9]
Claw Attack 2: [roll10]
Claw Confirmation 2: [roll11]
Claw Damage 2: [roll12]
Claw Crit Damage 2: [roll13]

Let me know if I missed any rolls. I mean, dayum that's a lot of rolls.

Enyalius
2014-04-25, 02:47 PM
Having missed with his first set of strikes, Korbin takes another set of swings.

Full attack action, First blade [roll0], second blade [roll1].

Crit confirm for 1 [roll2] and/or 2 [roll3].

Damage if hit 1 [roll4] and/or 2 [roll5], double if critical.

If you are wondering where the +3 came from, that's my strength bonus, I forgot it last time.

PhoenixRise
2014-04-25, 04:33 PM
Kali begins to weave her blade, moving it as to distract and confuse the hound, before she suddenly strikes out at it.

Swift: Spell Dance (Cost 1 Arcana, Remaining 3) (Duration 1 min, no AoO)
+2 Dodge AC, +10 Movement

Move: Approach the Hound (Unless it has approached me)

Standard: Attack with Scimitar
Attack: [roll0] (Crit on 18-20)
Crit Confirm: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2] x3 on crit

0th Level
Ray of Frost
Detect Magic
Prestidigitation

1st Level
Grease x1
Color Spray x1

tonberryking
2014-04-27, 04:31 PM
Whump

With the tenacity of a den full of badgers, Juno drops from her perch, to hell with damage, and with a flourishing spin yanks her falcion free to slam over the unwitting hellhound's back!

Hit:
[roll0]
[roll1]
Damage:
[roll2]

Oseyerys
2014-04-27, 07:20 PM
Korbin

This hound is no ordinary canine as you see it dodge yet another set of your attacks. It's almost as if the hound is toying with you unlike Vhaidara's hound who seems to want nothing more than to sink its teeth into her flesh. You do however hear Vhaidara assume her wererat form beside you and attack her target viciously.

Juno

You see the Hell Hound facing Kali on the ground in front of you. In a rage, you jump down, shouting a challenging war cry, and bring your sword down in a magnificent arc upon the unfortunate beast. The hound, not anticipating your drop, didn't even have time to brace itself. Your sword not only makes contact with its spine, but the downward force drives the canine into the ground. You remove your falchion from its back and see the beast slowly rise unsteadily to its feet...

Kali

After Juno slams the hound into the ground you step up to it and bring your scimitar across its body. It is in no condition to dodge after your comrade's attack and you easily cut it just above its shoulder, and still the beast rises...

Vhaidara

Your transformation is unexpected by the hound and it yelps and jumps back in shock, just getting out of the reach of your teeth. It is now, however, prepared for you to follow with your claws. You rake your claws across the hounds flesh and score with both sets as a result. The hound snarls at you as you draw more blood, more furious than ever...

Kali & Juno

The hound you face you can tell is on its last legs and Alistair comes up behind Kali and finishes it off by driving his greatsword into its skull and pinning it to the ground.

He then removes the sword and turns to you. His face is no longer joking, "We need to find Vhaidara and Korbin. All that howling... there's at least five more coming from the woods. We will find our companions, fortify ourselves in the ruins and face the rest of the hounds. And we WILL end them."

With that he turns and hurries to search for Vhaidara and Korbin.

Hound facing Korbin

The hound facing you saw Vhaidara change which appears to make him wary of you. It once again tentatively takes a bite at you and you once again get out of it's way easily enough. It almost seems to be waiting for something...

Hound facing Vhaidara

The hound facing you, still shocked at your sudden shapeshift, is leery of attacking you now and lashes out half-heartedly. You contemptuously get out of its path. This swine is beneath you and is no longer a challenge, not in your true form...

To all

The howling is ever closer...

Vhaidara
2014-04-27, 07:28 PM
Vhaidara lets loose a cruel laugh, distorted by her true form, as she slashes at the beast with her claws once again.

Claw 1 Attack: [roll0]
Claw 1 Confirmation: [roll1]
Claw 1 Damage: [roll2]
Claw 1 Crit Damage: [roll3]
Claw 2 Attack: [roll4]
Claw 2 Confirmation: [roll5]
Claw 2 Damage: [roll6]
Claw 2 Crit Damage: [roll7]

Enyalius
2014-04-27, 10:24 PM
'Those howls are getting closer, and this beast hasn't taken a bite out of me yet, it's almost as if,,,'

Korbins eyes light up with understanding "Crap!" he exclaims before he sends out another couple of swipes, his mind reaching a terrible conclusion, 'It's stalling until the rest of them get here.'

*Vhaidara* "Hey Vhaidara, we need to end this soon, these two are stalling us until the rest of the pack get here."

Full attack action, First blade [roll0], second blade [roll1].

Crit confirm for 1 [roll2] and/or 2 [roll3].

Damage if hit 1 [roll4] and/or 2 [roll5], double if critical.

PhoenixRise
2014-04-28, 09:57 AM
Hearing the howling, and Alistair heading to meet the others, Kali decides that it would be most appropriate if she were to scout out the apporaching creatures. With a peek at the setting sun, and deciding it would be dark enough, she quickly changes her form to that of a giant bat, and swoops up to try and get a better look at the howling, as well as identify where Korbin and Vhaidara is.

Transform to Werebat.
AC is 20 (22 with Spelldance, duration remaining 54 seconds)
Perception to spot howling (Want to take 10 if possible, but if not, roll is below)
[roll0]

tonberryking
2014-04-28, 12:10 PM
Juno mildly notes Kali's transformation, but after kicking the hellhound's corpse she takes a position up at the doorway of the ruins.

"Kali! Get the others over this way, I'll watch the door and keep anything out as long as I can! Think you can check the insidies of this wreck?"

Juno prepares an attack. She will attack/strike anything that comes out of the ruins or tries to get in that isn't a comrade or a Vorpal Falchion salesman.

Oseyerys
2014-04-28, 12:49 PM
Korbin

Your assumption seems to be correct as the hound is dancing in and out of your swords, keeping you from retreating but at the same time not attacking as ferociously as the hound facing Vhaidara is. You take two more swings and these two graze the air right above the hound as it is studying you trying to find an opening to attack. This hound is clearly the more clever of the two and it barks something at the other hound and takes a step back...

Juno

You quickly scan the inside of the first floor of the ruins as you stand post, there appear to be no hounds inside or anything else threatening for that matter. The floors above you have holes in the walls and some even have chunks taken out of the stone floors but for now the tower appears secure.

Kali

You take to the air. Barradin Tor used to be in a clearing of trees and the clearing is still visible as you see for about a hundred yards away from the tower in every direction is open area (littered with the rubble of the tower of course). The sun has completely set and all that is left is the faint trailing light of day on the horizon.

You spot Korbin and Vhaidara easily enough. You also see Alistair sprinting towards them between the boulders and chunks of old tower. He will reach them in a few seconds. You then scan over to the sound of the howling. On the opposite side of the clearing, some two hundred yards from your ground position, you see the hounds moving in the trees. They will be entering the clearing shortly and you know it's only a matter of time before they will be upon your companions. You can't tell exactly how many there are but you can tell that they are many.

Barradin Tor, top level was destroyed when it was besieged and you are able to see inside by looking down. The tower was constructed into 8 levels and the top two were destroyed and scattered around the clearing. You see nothing on the sixth level level of the tower.

Vhaidara

You lash out once more at the hound. The hound however takes a sudden step back, which you do not anticipate due to it's previous excitement to try and tear you apart. This causes your claws to miss their mark and you to wonder why the hound suddenly backed away...

Hound facing Korbin

After it barks its order to the other hound who is locked in combat with Vhaidara, the hound's eyes begin to glow with fire and a orangish light is seen growing from the back of it's throat. It then plants it's massive paws and spews forth a wave of flame at you and Vhaidara.

Reflex save against DC 14 for half dmg which currently is 7. Rounding up or down is not specified so we'll play in favor of you and round down.

Hound facing Vhaidara

After hearing its order the hound steps back a few feet and also plants its feet. It's eyes glow and it too breaths out a cone of flame at you two...

Same save but dmg for this attack is currently 8. Fire dmg from the two obviously.

To all except Kali

You hear the howling louder. It is echoing off of the boulders and rubble amplifying the sound making them sound extremely close...

Vhaidara
2014-04-28, 01:15 PM
Vhaidara spins around the flame, avoiding the worst of it. and steps forward to lash at the creature again, bringing her powerful jaws to bear.

Bite Attack: [roll0]
Bite Confirmation: [roll1]
Bite Damage: [roll2]
Bite Crit Damage: [roll3]
Venom: [roll4]
Claw 1 Attack: [roll5]
Claw 1 Confirmation: [roll6]
Claw 1 Damage: [roll7]
Claw 1 Crit Damage: [roll8]
Claw 2 Attack: [roll9]
Claw 2 Confirmation: [roll10]
Claw 2 Damage: [roll11]
Claw 2 Crit Damage: [roll12]

PhoenixRise
2014-04-28, 02:30 PM
Noticing that Juno appears to be in relative safety, Kali swoops down to pounce upon the hound Korbin is fighting, claws and fangs outstreched.

Charge Attack? If so, +2 attack roll on Bite attack, -2 Ac (20 AC). Ignore both Claw attacks.
Spell Dance: 48 seconds remaining

Bite: [roll0]
Crit Confirm: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]
Crit: [roll3]
Sneak: [roll4]
Venom: [roll5]

Claw 1: [roll6]
Crit Confirm: [roll7]
Damage: [roll8]
Crit: [roll9]
Sneak: [roll10]

Claw 2: [roll11]
Crit Confirm: [roll12]
Damage: [roll13]
Crit: [roll14]
Sneak: [roll15]

0th Level
Ray of Frost
Detect Magic
Prestidigitation

1st Level
Grease x1
Color Spray x1

Upon her arrival, She yells at Korbin and Vhaidara Run into the tower! There is a large group of hounds coming 200 yards away! We can hold them off in there!

Enyalius
2014-04-28, 03:33 PM
Getting caught in the twin streams of fire, Korbin somehow survives.

*The hell-hound*Okay, that's it, no more playing... just die!" He says, yelling that last bit.

After his sentence is finished he changes, dropping his blades he hunches over, jet black fur growing all over his body, his features changing to a more animalistic appearance, his already sharp teeth grow into fangs, the slight claws on his fingers become much more deadly, ripping through his gloves, and his already slim body becomes more-so, as he grows to a height of 6 foot 5.

Once this change is complete he lashes out, trying to strike the annoying beast that is his opponent.

First health regen, [roll0].

Bite Attack: [roll1]
Bite Confirmation:[roll2]
Bite Damage:[roll3]
Venom:[roll4]
Venom Damage:[roll5]
Claw 1 & 2 Attack: [roll6] & 2 [roll7]
Claw 1 & 2 Confirmation: [roll8] & 2 [roll9]
Claw 1 & 2 Damage: [roll10] & 2 [roll11]
Double if any if critical.

tonberryking
2014-05-02, 10:36 AM
Leaving the doorway, Juno scans the interior of the first floor frantically. For any large, hellhound-sized holes through the walls, pitfalls in the floor, et. all before trying to find rubble or suitable debris that can block the entrance. The howling is vexing her immensely, the violent, primal side of her nature yelling at her to forgo all this strategy nonsense and start tearing things apart.

Thankfully, this is ignored, for now...

Perception: [roll0]

Oseyerys
2014-05-02, 03:23 PM
Korbin

Since the hound you are attacking saw Vhaidara change, it is less startled by your transformation. It simply jumps back as you lash out with your claws and fangs taunting you even more.

Juno

The entire south side of the tower has collapsed and on various levels you can see out into the night via the hole left behind. The first floor hole is blockaded by the rubble (as is likely the second floor) but you know that a pack of truly persistent animals could dig through the rubble if they wanted to. Some of the collapsed rubble looks light enough to move, most likely by rolling it or pushing it. On the other side of the room there are some old planks of wood, presumably they were once a table. In the back of the room are the old stone stairs leading to the second floor.

Kali

You swoop down on the hound. The hound does not see you and is surprised by your sudden arrival. Nevertheless it crouches down to avoid your fangs and claws as you pass by.

Vhaidara

The hound retracts from your venomous fangs as it finishes spewing forth its flame but you manage to catch it in your claws. The hound snarls and snaps at you as you bring it close to you. This does not affect you as you have your lycan venom running at full force through your veins and your adrenaline is at its peak. You snarl right back at it and end its life by grabbing it's head and ripping it from its body. The headless corpse twitches for a few moments before it goes still.

To Korbin

You hear Vhaidara's hound go down and are bracing yourself for another attack when you see an arrow sink into your hound's shoulder blade. You turn to see Alistair perched on a chunk of rubble off in the direction of the tower providing you cover. It would appear as though he couldn't make it to you in time to stop the hound's attack with his sword so he fired an arrow to distract it and it seems to have worked.

Hound facing Korbin

The hound, surprised that it was suddenly injured, sees the help that has come to your aid. It also sees its companion get ripped apart by Vhaidara. It must figure it will stand a better chance when it's brethren arrive because it begins to turn tail and run for the sound of the howling albeit slowly due to the arrow in his side. You would easily be able to overtake it...

To all except Juno

You all hear Alistair shout at you from his perch, "Get to the tower! Let it go! We need to fortify ourselves!"

Vhaidara
2014-05-02, 03:40 PM
Vhaidara snarls, wanting to pursue the beast but knowing that her wounds are too great to do so safely.
Let's move Korbin.
She turns and scurries towards the tower.

PhoenixRise
2014-05-04, 07:22 AM
Kali, internally thankful that the hound she missed was instead driven off by Alistair, hears Vhaidara's directions, and decideds to leaver for the tower herself. She again takes to the air, and returns to the tower, quickly scanning the hounds again on her way.

When she arrives into the tower, she sees Juno, scouting out the area. What do you think? It may be a bit unstable, but probably our best bet.

Prepare to cast Grease at the entrance to the tower, when everyone is in, and the hounds are almost here. (Within 100ft)

0th Level
Ray of Frost
Detect Magic
Prestidigitation

1st Level
Grease x1
Color Spray x1

Enyalius
2014-05-04, 06:22 PM
Seeing the hell-hound flee, most likely to join back up with its pack, Korbin takes off running back to the tower, not even wasting a second to look back, he shouts out his thanks to Kali and Alistair for the help..

*Kali and Alistair*"Thank you for the back up."

*Vhaidara*"Way ahead of you!"

tonberryking
2014-05-06, 08:52 AM
Not yet grabbing at barricade materials, Juno darts up the stairs and inspects what she can of the second floor. Generally it's a bad idea o cut off your own escape, but one of her party members can fly,, she knows her mentor and herself can take a second story fall if necessary and the others...will probably be fine, too if they need to make a bad escape! But she doesn't trust the first floor very much to attempt to barricade...

Perception at the top of the stairs:
[roll0]

Oseyerys
2014-05-06, 09:25 PM
Korbin

You navigate through the ruins to get to the old main tower. You arrive at roughly the same time as Alistair. Vhaidara, Kali and Juno are already inside.

Alistair pulls you aside and says, "Now is the time to use your special talents. If we're going to survive this everyone's going to have to play their strengths in this."

Juno

You hustle up to the second floor and see more old planks of wood and destroyed rubble. The stairs are wide enough for one person to go up at a time and on the opposite side of the circular room is stairs leading to the third floor. The stairs on the opposite side are missing the first two steps as they have been destroyed underneath the collapsed wall. This wall too is collapsed inward blocking the outside view however you do see that towards the ceiling of the second floor the collapsed rubble thins out. It is likely that on the third floor, the collapsed wall is it is open to the night air. Throughout the second floor you see arrow loops in the walls for the defenders of old to shoot out and attack invaders.

Kali

You enter Barradin Tor and see much of what Juno saw. You see him streak upstairs before he can answer.

Vhaidara

You enter behind Kali and see much of what she sees. Your fur is bristling with anticipation of the fight.

To all

As you're frantically racing to enter the main construct of Barradin Tor, you hear the howling break clear. The hounds have broken the treeline and have entered the clearing. You have maybe half a minute before they arrive. Time is wearing thin...

Vhaidara
2014-05-06, 09:30 PM
Vhaidara is not in a good mood. Yes, she got a kill, but without sinking her teeth into the prey. And, on top of that, her fur is scorched, and she hates that smell.
Did Prometheus think to send any healing potions or something so these things can't scorch us? Korbin and I were nearly killed out there!

Oseyerys
2014-05-10, 11:27 PM
Vhaidara

Alistair sets down his pack and pulls out four vials, tossing you one and saying "Drink up". He also gives one to Korbin.

*Korbin* "I don't know how hurt you are so this is for you if needbe", he explains.

He also informs Juno and Kali to tell him when they shall require one and he will give them theirs.

Restores 1d8+4 hp.

Juno (and the rest of you I assume)

You begin to carry rubble and debris that can be used to create a makeshift barricade around the first floor stairs. The barricade resembles a balcony, where you can look over the side and see anything coming up the stairs (and have a chance to attack it) but, at the same time, the wall is too high for anything coming up the stairs to be able to effectively and swiftly climb over. You are all pleased with your work and have confidence in your barricade.

All the while you hear the baying of the hounds get closer and closer. Eventually, as the hounds appear to be drawing in on your position the howling dies down. You all can only assume that the hounds stopped their noise making only to sniff you out. Alistair goes off to inspect the third floor as you wait guarding the stairs. After a few moments of silence you hear the twang of a bowstring and the yelp of one of the hounds sniffing around the base of Barradin Tor. Much snarling ensues and Alistair comes flying down the stairs excited and already nocking another arrow in his bow and aiming it at the barricade.

"I count seven of them including the one that ran back to its friends", Alistair informs you all then flashes a feral grin and says, "and they're not happy."

At this point you hear the hounds enter the tower and your defensive stand in Barradin Tor commences...

Vhaidara
2014-05-10, 11:49 PM
Vhaidara downs the potion as soon as Alistair hands it to her.
Better get ready then.
She positions herself to try and tear the throat out of the first hound to come up the stairs.

Potion: [roll0]

Enyalius
2014-05-11, 02:57 AM
Korbin, like Vhaidara, downs his given potion quickly, before settling into a combat stance, not speaking, putting all his focus on being ready for the oncoming horde.

[roll0]

PhoenixRise
2014-05-11, 09:54 AM
Kali begins casting her spell at the entrance to the tower, where the hounds will be bottlenecked. While waving her arms in the gestures, she frowns. I wont have the full flexibility of my arms in this cramped space....I might need to stay to the back. She thinks, noting the webbing haning from her arms, which grew when she transformed.

Cast Grease at the entrance, hopefully before the hounds break through the barricade.

0th Level
Ray of Frost
Detect Magic
Prestidigitation

1st Level
Color Spray x1

tonberryking
2014-05-13, 08:47 AM
Juno doesn't drink her potion, having yet to sustain any damage. Hell, she sets it on the ground.

"I'm the strongest," she says without bragging, trying to step over to the front of the stairs, "And I can take a few hits. Two of you flank me, and we'll tear apart the ones that come up the stairs one at a time. Alistair, no offense sir, but you and whomever's left hang back and cut up anything that gets through or if we need help..." With a few cracks sounding through her form, the petite warrior starts hulking out into an ungodly large wolf, the process hidden by the thick pelt of blonde gray fur that covers her. She inadvertently snarls a challenge down the stairs with bared fangs once she's on all fours, her eyes possessed by a primal fury...and she hasn't even started raging yet.

Not to step on any toes, but I can meat shield better. We can arrange a flanking position with three of us, right?

Oseyerys
2014-05-13, 10:12 PM
Juno

Your challenge is answered by a cacophony of howls on the first floor... They have found you...

Kali

Your grease coats the stairs slicking them in hopes of tripping up the hounds. Just as the grease is set the hounds come around the corner snarling and hungry for blood. Of the first four to climb the stairs only the third one trips up. The other two hit the barricade like a ton of bricks.

To You All

You are thankful that you thought to construct the barricade for the hounds would have swarmed you in seconds had you not...

Hounds

The two lead hounds hit the barricade and start digging and clawing at the loose debris to try and get at you. For now the barricade is holding...

Vhaidara
2014-05-13, 10:18 PM
Vhaidara strikes at the first of the hell hounds, biting and tearing at it.

Bite Attack : [roll0]
Bite Confirm : [roll1]
Bite Damage : [roll2]
Bite Crit Damage : [roll3]
Venom Chance : [roll4]
Venom Damage : [roll5]
Claw 1 Attack : [roll6]
Claw 1 Crit Confirm : [roll7]
Claw 1 Damage : [roll8]
Claw 1 Crit Damage : [roll9]
Claw 2 Attack : [roll10]
Claw 2 Crit Confirm : [roll11]
Claw 2 Damage : [roll12]
Claw 2 Crit Damage : [roll13]

Enyalius
2014-05-14, 03:09 AM
Seeing the hell hounds move up the stairs, and Vhaidara attacking one, Korbin moves up to strike the other.

If I'm able to hit one of them, then these are the rolls, if not nevermind.
Bite Attack:
Bite Confirmation:[roll1]
Bite Damage: [roll2]
Venom: [roll3]
Venom Damage: [roll]]1d6+3
Claw 1 & 2 Attack: 1[roll4] & 2 [roll5]
Claw 1 & 2 Confirmation:1 [roll6] & 2 [roll7]
Claw 1 & 2 Damage:1 [roll8] & 2 [roll9]
Double if any if critical.

tonberryking
2014-05-14, 10:39 AM
With a deafening roar, the wolf that was once Juno seems to get even bigger in what can only be entering her rage; even with all the fur her muscles can now be seen as she lashes terrible blows at the same hellhound as the others.

Juno's stats have been modified on her sheet but now she's at 19 hp and 13 ac.
Claws:
[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2][roll3]

Damage: [roll4] [roll5]

Bite attack:
[roll6]

[roll7]

Damage:
[roll8]

Potential Venom: [roll9]

Oseyerys
2014-05-22, 09:19 AM
Korbin

As the first hound hits the barricade you lash out, still enraged about your previous encounter. You grab a hold of it and sink your fangs into the hound. It yelps and squirms away from you, bleeding and torn up on it's left side.

Juno

You transform, reach over the side of the barricade and grab onto the other hound. Your canine fangs sink into it's neck and it snaps at you. You growl a deep guttural growl and answer it's challenge by batting it away with a massive paw.

Vhaidara

You scurry over to the hound that Korbin is attacking and try and manage to scratch it with your long claws. You gash it's side that Korbin already mutilated and it falls over whining, unable to continue.

To all

You see Alistair re-position himself to get a better view of the hound Juno just tore in to. He aims and lets loose another arrow. This arrow flies true but, due to the cover provided by the barricade from his angle, the arrow sinks into the hounds shoulder, not a lethal spot by any means. The hound barely notices as it has more pressing injuries to attend to.

Hounds

With one hound down, another takes it's place. The hound that Juno batted away was slow to get up but limped back to the barricade to try and destroy it once more. For now the barricade still holds...

Enyalius
2014-05-22, 12:51 PM
Happy that he finally struck an enemy Korbin lashes out once more, tying to take down the newer hell-hound.

Claw 1 & 2 Attack: 1[roll0] & 2 [roll1]
Claw 1 & 2 Confirmation:1[roll2] & 2 [roll3]
Claw 1 & 2 Damage:1 [roll4] & 2 [roll5]

Double if critical

Vhaidara
2014-05-22, 05:27 PM
Vhaidara grins as she tears one of the hell hounds open. She swipes her claws at the replacing hound, hoping for more killing blows.

Claw 1 Attack : [roll0]
Claw 1 Confirmation : [roll1]
Claw 1 Damage : [roll2]
Claw 1 Crit Damage : [roll3]
Claw 2 Attack : [roll4]
Claw 2 Confirmation : [roll5]
Claw 2 Damage : [roll6]
Claw 2 Crit Damage : [roll7]

tonberryking
2014-05-26, 09:48 PM
Juno doesn't stop trying to kill everything in front of her. More swipes from her claws rain down, her eyes filmed over with red. Mad dogs would run from her. Hell hounds, on the other hand, just become targets...

Claws:
[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

Damages:
[roll4]
[roll5]

Poison (?)
[roll6]

Damage (?)
[roll7]

Juno has 10 rounds of Rage left.

Oseyerys
2014-05-27, 10:14 PM
Korbin

You take two more swings at the hound that replaced the one you just slew and it ducks underneath one of your paws but getting caught by the second as it didn't see it coming. Scratching the hound along it's shoulder, it snarls at you in protest.

Juno

In a fit of red rage you roar a challenge at the enemy, grab the hell hound that had the sheer audacity to not roll over after your first attack by the neck and haul it over the barricade to your side. You then slam the hound into the stone floor and proceed to pounce on it and break its body into the ground. You do not cease your carnal onslaught until after its lifeless body stops twitching.

Vhaidara

You reach over and claw the same hound that Korbin attacked and score one gash along its side and another along its snout. It howls in pain but does not stop.

To all

Alistair pulls out another arrow and aims at the one in front of Korbin and Vhaidara. He fires and the arrow flies true into the eye of the hound. The hound stiffens up suddenly and it drops to the ground where it moves no more.

As the hounds begin to fall a voice, that is clearly male, rumbles through the tower. This voice, while not loud, you can tell wields extreme power.

"Alistair", a deep throaty, almost feral voice says smugly, "Here you are, after a year training new recruits."

The hounds back off at the sound of the voice and even the hound who had been shot in the eye calms down. You look at Alistair and see that his face looks confused and he slowly lowers his bow. After a second or two his eyes grow wide and his face blanches in a mixture of fear and wonder.

"... Artemis?", he stammers.

The voice chuckles, "I'm quite glad you did not forget about me. It wouldn't seem right. Tell me Alistair, why are you here?"

Alistair, with the same look of bewilderment asks, "How are you alive?"

"I asked you first", the voice responds curtly.

Your mentor looks at you all before regaining his composure and says, "We're here to stop these hounds, did you call them?"

"It's possible that I was looking for a little fun", the voice rumbles, "and since you answered my question it's only respectful to answer yours, did Prometheus tell you we had died? Shame that, no Alistair we simply evolved. And that was the point of all this no? You should be happy for us. You should join us."

"No Artemis", Alistair says grimly, "You all turned your back on the objective and I feared you dead. I mourned for you all but came to realize I could not save you from yourselves. Why not come back?"

"I have a new master now", the voice explains, "our objective. He is stronger than you can fathom. Honestly what did you think a couple of us were going to do against him?"

"So it's true?" Alistair asks.

"Every bit, and now I can do as I please if it means spreading chaos and, inevitably, his dominion", the voice answers.

"You've betrayed Prometheus. You've betrayed me", Alistair says venemously.

"No Alistair", the voice responds darkly, "You've betrayed yourself and what you have become and I will help you realize this, before I kill you. We will leave you now, give Prometheus my best and tell him that we're coming for him too..."

With that the presence of the voice disappears and the hounds retreat down the steps leaving you by yourselves...

Vhaidara
2014-05-27, 10:41 PM
Vhaidara steps back from the stairs.
Ali, care to explain why one of your old boyfriends is talking to you, and how we can all hear her?

I'm assuming Artemis is more commonly a female name in this setting. Mostly based off of the presence of now 2 Greek mythology references (Artemis and Prometheus)

Enyalius
2014-05-27, 11:14 PM
Seeing that Vhaidara already asked the question that's on his mind, he instead focuses on trying to see if there are any hellhounds left behind after this 'Artemis' person left. And before doing that he turns his head slightly, but still keeping his eyes on the stairway, he speaks to Juno,

*Juno* "Hey, Juno remind me to never get on your bad side." He says, thinking of the hell-hound that she just that she killed in a swift and brutal fashion.

[roll0] perception to hear sounds of anymore hell-hounds nearby

Oseyerys
2014-05-27, 11:21 PM
To all

You watch as Alistair remains motionless for a moment, unresponsive to Vhaidara's question. He then moves over to the barricade and leans against it as though having the wind knocked out of him. His fists tremble and his knuckles turn white as they grip the barricade.

"His name", Alistair begins, his voice still slightly shaken, "is Artemis Grimhollow... he was my younger brother."

Vhaidara
2014-05-28, 02:02 PM
Vhaidara walks up behind Alistair and tries to shake him by the shoulders.
*Alistair* Hey, snap out of it. What the hells was he talking about? How long has the old man been doing these experiments?
She doesn't really seem to understand tact.

I'm not too accustomed to playing low Cha characters. Welcome to a complete lack of social skills.

Oseyerys
2014-05-28, 11:19 PM
Vhaidara's outburst snaps Alistair back to reality.

"Prometheus?", Alistair asks, then his complexion turns sour and he growls, "Prometheus. He and I are going to have a nice long chat when we get back."

Your mentor then turns to you all and begins to explain, "You all weren't the first hybrids. Of course you know this since I came before you. What you didn't know is that I wasn't the only subject, I was just the only successful one. My brother, Artemis, and I became test subjects along with three others for Prometheus' first experiments. Together we were Artemis, I, a sorceress named Rayne, a soldier by the name of Logan, and a cleric by the name of Juliet. The procedure had... complications. We all were able to turn but every time we turned we became a little more feral. Prometheus studied this and created an antidote for this affliction. My brother, Rayne, Logan, and I all took it. However something turned Juliet faster than it turned us, she infected Logan and Rayne with her disease once more and they came under the affliction. My brother, seeing their power, was corrupted by it and gave in to the demon inside of him. I resisted and continue to resist to this day but they all ran off. Prometheus said that the affliction would inevitably consume and kill them but clearly it hasn't... I have a few questions for the old man now..."

With that he storms out of the tower leading you away from Barradin Tor. You see no traces of the hell hounds nor any trace of the owner of the voice. Alistair seems dead set on getting back to Prometheus and heads back to Rivvenheim with haste.

Enyalius
2014-05-28, 11:36 PM
Hearing the fact that there is.. was a another group of experiments, Korbin starts to wonder more about them, deciding to voice the first question that came to his mind he asks,

*Alistair*"So who was what? I mean in our group we got the cat, the rat, the bat and the wolf." he says pointing to himself, Vhaidara, Kali and Juno respectively.

Oseyerys
2014-05-28, 11:58 PM
Alistair turns to you confused by the question at first before answering, "The hybrid venom isn't something that Prometheus dictates, it's something that seems to attach itself to you and mold itself to your personality and ability. For example I presume you have the feline hybrid form due to your stealthy profession and innate ability to sneak around. The venom in Juno assumed the form of a wolf due to her strength as a fighter. Vhaidara's personality is one of zealous belief that everyone should wield this power, thus her venom saw fit to take on the form of the infectious rat. Why the venom inside Kali assumed the composition of a bat is beyond me however I presume it had something to do with her past. In my old group, Logan was a bear of immense strength, Rayne was a large spider due to her manipulative ability to weave magic around her opponents, Juliet was a fox as she was a cunning tactician, and Artemis... Artemis was a trickster. His venom seemed unable to solidify a hybrid form for him so he was able to assume many different kinds, including that of a cat, a wolf, a rat, and a bat. Prometheus labeled him as a Panwere."

tonberryking
2014-05-29, 09:58 AM
Juno... has problems.

While still under her rage, she dove down the stairs and hurdled after the retreating hellhounds for a pace, her snaps and howls of triumph only cut short by the unfolding drama between her 'pack' and the mysterious Artemis. She lopes back after the others (and in a friendly way shoulder checks Kobrin for his comment,) panting and shaking her fur with the exhaustion that comes from quitting her maddening strength. Her fur is streaked with blood and guts of her enemies.

If it were not for how succinct she seems to turn off her fury (though that in and of itself may seem frightening) one may worry Juno is already too deeply entrenched by her animal half.

" 'hiff that's true, I suppose my tenacity kept me from getting a bear or a lion outta this," she seems...upset at this? Or maybe the not-so-currently-little hellion was trying to make a joke. Because she doesn't joke about Alistar's brother, nor does she seem too eager to throw questions at him. It's only until after she changes back into her human guise (gruesomely ignorant of the fact her face is smeared with hellhound ichor) that she speaks up again.

"...So are we immune to their madness?"

Oseyerys
2014-05-29, 10:31 AM
Alistair glances at Juno, "The venom in Logan took the form of a bear because Logan was a big monstrous fighter of immense strength however he wasn't very ferocious. He was a great fighter but had no animalistic drive so it would make sense that he took form of a large, strong, yet lumbering bear. You received the wolf because of your strength, ferocity, and ability to lead. Your feral nature sealed the venom within you to take the form of a wolf. Logan would have never been one to grab a hell hound, haul it over a barricade, and beat it beyond death."

He then considers your question concerning the madness that befell his companions, "Yes. After the first experiments Prometheus modified the procedure and serum so that future hybrids wouldn't become subject to the animalistic drive... No matter how feral they go they will always be able to control it and bounce back. I myself do not assume my hybrid form very often because when I do it takes a lot to come back."

Enyalius
2014-05-31, 08:45 AM
Putting his mind to work, Korbin considers something the others might not of thought of before now, or if they did haven't brought up.

*Alistair* "Hey, Alistair, the disease was supposed to of killed your brother... but it didn't, right... so what if he's not the only survivor? What if the others that worked with you survived as well? And what if they are also working for the same thing your brother is?" He asks one question one after another in a rapid pace, his mind whirling with scenario after scenario, his brain trying to plan and figure out what they are going to do if they ever encounter his mentors old pals.

Oseyerys
2014-05-31, 11:30 AM
Alistair's steps halted for a moment as he pondered your questions then responds ominously, "Then I would say that I may have to pay my old pack a visit fairly soon."

You all head back to Rivvenheim in the dark without incident and soon see the gates of the massive city in the distance. Rivvenheim was originally an elven city of beautiful structure until the War of the Western Expansion in which humans did battle with the elves on the very ground you stand on. Under the shadow of the city the two races fought and, due to the diversity and versatility of humans and their resilience, they managed to thwart the elves and take hold of Rivvenheim. This was all ages ago and since then the elves and humans have made peace and the city is home to all different races now. Were it day time you would all see the familiar white walls and tiered levels of the city. The tiers were strategic to the city since if the city was breached the defenders would always be fighting from higher ground.

You would reach the city in approximately 15 minutes. The gates would be shut for the night but that was of no setback to you for the pack had their own way in and out of the city.

Vhaidara
2014-06-01, 09:33 PM
So, there are more out there, like us? Renegades? I can't wait to tell Corine about this!
Vhaidara has mostly recovered from the shock of her near death experience. At least, on the surface. Deeper down, she's not hiding her plotting very well.

Anyone who can make a DC 15 Sense Motive can tell Vhaidara is planning something she's not talking about.

Oseyerys
2014-06-03, 08:00 AM
Alistair glances at Vhaidara and grunts, "You really should do a better job of hiding your true intent."

He then leads the group to a section of the wall surrounding Rivvenheim. This wall had a small opening covered by a iron grate for a small stream to run out. This was not a sewage drain, there was a small stream that ran through Rivvenheim and this was the far end of the stream. Alistair walks up to the grate and pushes it out of the way. A while ago you had all snapped the iron grate from it's position in the wall so it could be removed and replaced as you went on missions. Once you are all in the tunnel leading into the city, Alistair replaces the grate.

You all walk in the dark tunnel for a few minutes before you see moonlight shine through a well up ahead. Alistair approaches the well and the ladder you had secured for access to the passage and begins to climb up. Near the top he pauses to make sure there are no guards nearby and vaults the side of the well into the city. You all follow up the ladder in kind until you are all in a courtyard of Rivvenheim.

Rivvenheim was a city of great beauty. Being built by the elves, the interior of the city was constructed with a mixture of stone and nature. The courtyard in which you now stood was in the middle of a garden with flowers growing in rows and beautiful trees surrounding you. Alistair however seems to ignore this as he leads you down streets and sidestreets to the house of Prometheus.

Soon you all reach a house and Alistair walks up knocking three times at the top of the door and then once at the bottom of the door. After a few moments the door is opened by the short portly man you all know as Peter who is an Prometheus' assistant. Peter, seeing Alistair and the rest of you, smiles widely and lets you enter. You all enter the small house into a room with furniture scattered throughout the room. In this room you see Corine, your companion, look up at your entrance.

You're in.

Alistair looks at Corine and asks, "Where's Prometheus?"

Enyalius
2014-06-03, 10:56 AM
Having had a long day of almost getting killed, Korbin decides that it is time for him to relax a bit, and he can't think of a better way to do that than embracing his feline nature and taking a nice long, relaxing nap.

*All* "Well today was certainly exciting... If anyone needs me I'm gonna go take a nap. "Korbin says yawning the last part of his sentence before walking to a bedroom, stretching his arms out as he does so.

*All* "Wake me up if you need me."

Korbin's going to take a nap, but if there is something important, for the group to hear, he might have gotten a snack before bed, ya'know so he would be awake to hear it.

Also He's going to bed, he's not asleep yet, or near the bed yet so...yeah, if you want to talk with him feel free.

dextercorvia
2014-06-03, 02:31 PM
Corine

Corine puts away her greatsword as you come through the door. She is perched on a stool placed so that she can watch the hallway and the front door. *Alistair* Prometheus wanted some time alone, so I let him go the market by himself. I think he planned to take the back alleys to get there. Her wry smile betrays the sarcasm before you have a real chance to worry. Where else would he be. He's been in his lab fretting over all of your safety. He makes awful company when he's worried you know.

*All* Did anyone bring me something to eat? I've been starving all night. She drops off her stool and starts sniffing around her pack. I smell blood, and some of it is yours. Who needs patching up?

Vhaidara
2014-06-03, 02:45 PM
Vhaidara grins at Alistair.
What are you talking about?

After they arrive, she laughs at Corine's joke.
Well, Juno and Korbin each had a hell hound flank while we were out, but they weren't nice enough to share.

Sir Dancealot
2014-06-03, 05:38 PM
And so Faraam slept. Quite cozily too. While the bed wasn't the most comfortable she had ever been on, it was a lot better than the ground she was used too. She snorted quietly, hearing the muffled sounds of talking through the door. The hazy part of her mind registered the familiar tones of the voices, and she slipped back asleep, dreams of the forest playing through her mind.

Oseyerys
2014-06-03, 06:48 PM
To All

At Corine's response, Alistair immediately heads in the direction of the last room at the end of the hallway. Before he reaches it however it opens up and Prometheus Vilcan exits the room.

Being somewhat smaller and skinnier, Prometheus was never built to be a warrior. His features showed age and his beard and hair showed signs of graying. He was clearly past his prime and looked pasty as though he hadn't seen the sun in months. Knowing how much time Prometheus poured over his research, it could very well be the case.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-cAxTRzLBVN4/UDsvgqqEDEI/AAAAAAAAA8g/OM1UR9kXRDw/s1600/Lord-Blackstaff-Ralph-Horsley.jpg

Prometheus sees you all and begins to smile and speak, right before Alistair grabs him by the collar and lifts him slightly off his feet, "Hello Prometheus", he says calmly, "We need to talk."

With that, Alistair holds the scientist and walks back into the lab. Much discussion ensues and every once in a while you hear Alistair raise his voice, one such time being Alistair thundering, "HE IS MY BROTHER!!!!!"

During this time, Kali dismisses herself to one of the bedrooms, claiming to not feel well.

After a few more minutes, your mentor bursts from the room and walks back towards you all.

"Regrettably I need to take my leave of you all", Alistair says as he grabs the door handle, "I have been assigned a new mission. No you can't come with, no I can't stay. Prometheus has more work for you and you are all competent enough to do it without me parenting you about. Just look out for each other. I'm going to try and track down Artemis so we have some inkling of what we're dealing with here. If I can find Artemis, maybe I can find who he really works for. I'll be back as soon as I can."

With that he leaves the house without another word, closing the door behind him. Peter re-opens the door to see which direction he went but by the time he looks outside, Alistair is no where to be found.

After these events, Prometheus emerges from his study and addresses you all in his deep rich voice you are so familiar with, "Ah Korbin, Vhaidara, Juno. Alistair told me of your heroics out at Barradin Tor. Please I would love to hear of your ventures and these hell hounds if you would be willing to share. Any information on our opponent would help me with my work."

Vhaidara
2014-06-03, 07:55 PM
Well, as he no doubt told you, it seems our enemy is your old pack of lab rats.
Vhaidara jerks her head at the door Alistair left through.
Oh, and hell hounds breathe fire. Would have been good to know, since we nearly got incinerated.
At this part she glares at the old man.
And the hell hounds obeyed Artemis' commands, which means they're either working for Artemis, or Artemis is working for some fiend who can command them. If it is Artemis commanding them directly, it might have something to do with his venom. Any chance he could have found a way to become were-hell hound?
And now she's looking curious. The idea intrigues her.

Oseyerys
2014-06-03, 08:18 PM
To All

Prometheus looks quizzically at Vhaidara, "Why of course hell hounds can breathe fire! Their beings of the lower planes what in blazes did you expect child? Did you think they would breathe endowments?"

His eyes then soften a bit and he sighs, taking a seat on one of the pieces of furniture in the room, "Yes, it does appear that Artemis is alive and if he is alive, it is entirely possible that the others are alive as well. If the hell hounds followed Artemis' orders it is very likely he is working for the demon. The fact that hell hounds were even there at all reinforces the rumors of any demon in the first place... It is entirely possible that Artemis could have become a were-hellhound. His venom was always unstable which, in turn, made him unstable. This led to his undoing. Tell me, it is very important, how did you know Artemis was there? Did you see him?"

Vhaidara
2014-06-03, 08:27 PM
A voice from no where taunting Alistair, who then told us about the old pack.

dextercorvia
2014-06-03, 08:52 PM
Corine

Wait. Artemis has a brother? There are two of them!? And Artie is the more stable of the two? Corine decided that news of her epic battle against the cockroach in their absence would not be well received at this time.

Vhaidara
2014-06-03, 09:00 PM
Vhaidara shoots Corine a look.
No silly. Artemis is Alistair's brother, who went nuts because the old man hadn't gotten the formula right yet.

Oseyerys
2014-06-03, 09:12 PM
To All

"It wasn't an exact science, mistakes were bound to happen", Prometheus says, excusing himself from Vhaidara's statement, "And you say you heard him? But didn't see him? That is interesting... it could only be Rayne. She had the ability to project sound and was quite good at it too. It is then my assumption that you did not encounter one of the old pack, but two."

Enyalius
2014-06-04, 01:05 AM
Mourning the loss of his nap Korbin, Looks to Prometheus and speaks,

* Prometheus* "Well, now that my nap has been pushed back, might as well get ask what I was going to ask now, rather than later." He says, pulling his hood down, and then crossing his arms across his chest. "Is there anything you can tell us about the previous pack that might give us an edge if we encounter them again... Wait let me rephrase that... When we encounter them again." He asks, putting emphases on the word 'when', his hazel eyes gaining a hard edge.

*Corine* "Where's Faraam? She needs to hear this." He asks, his eyes losing their edge, as he wonders where the other 'house cat' is.

Sir Dancealot
2014-06-04, 01:28 AM
It was at about this time that the scarred, but pretty woman stumbled into the room, almost glaring up at everyone. She wore a simple man's tunic that hung to her knees and had slid off of one shoulder. Her hair in disarray, but then, there's nothing particularly new about that. The short, wiry woman eyed the group.

*All* "My nap has been interrupted. I believe I heard shouting. What have I missed?" She finished by taking a bite of a jerky strip. Her voice was flat and gritty with sleep, her words short, simple, and to the point. Classic Faraam.

Enyalius
2014-06-04, 03:01 AM
Looking towards Faraam, Korbin greets her then replies to her query.

*Faraam* "Well, good morning sleeping beauty." He says with a hint of amusement in his voice at her disheveled state, before turning serious, "Turns out we aren't the first of the good doctor's experiments, and that his first go with the venom wasn't quite as successful as the second, and now we have a new threat... as if things weren't hard enough, now we have a second group of lycanthropes with much more experience and who knows what to contend with.

Oseyerys
2014-06-04, 08:06 AM
To All

Prometheus eyes you all up and answers Korbin's question, "Well let's see now... Logan was the stalwart fighter, Rayne was the magical manipulator, Juliet was the cunning tactician, and Artemis was the trickster. Artemis was my favorite, being a panwere I had high hopes for him, but they weren't meant to be it would seem. I lost most of their files in the fire but I can tell you this; the venom made the person succumb to their hybrid form more and more with each use... if they are still alive, I doubt they have been in their human form in quite some time."

With that Prometheus takes in all of you gathered and seems to remember something, "Oh yes! I have a letter for you all. A letter came while you were gone and I debated sending Corine and Faraam out but decided against it seeing as that would leave me vulnerable. Being a scientist I do have some connections and there is a mage in Rivvenheim who thinks that there is a way to lessen the power of the demon, there is rumor of an artifact deep in the Skymount Caves and I need you to be bodyguards so that the mage can find this artifact", as he talks he runs back into his lab and procures the letter he received.

Prometheus opens the letter, clears his throat, and reads to you all...
Prometheus,

It has been a while since I have contacted you and I know about your work and your experiments. I however, unlike the ones who destroyed your home, agree with you. I believe something else is going on here than is letting on. The rumors of the demon had me pouring over my old texts until I came across an entry in a journal concerning the Skymount caves. Apparently a miner had found an artifact of divine origin but, not knowing what it was or what it might do to him, he simply left it for collection later. Unfortunately the miner died in a cave in and I suspect the artifact is still in the mine. I would ask that you send some of your... friends to come assist me in this. Anything to combat the demon would be greatly appreciated.

If you, and they, are willing to aid me I would have them meet me by the gates two days time at sunrise by the Northern Gate. I will be waiting as I am going to go with or without their help but it would make it much better if I had it. I am hopeful that they will assist.

Sincerely, G

Vhaidara
2014-06-04, 08:21 AM
I'm still game for a fight. But a few more of those potions wouldn't go amiss.

dextercorvia
2014-06-04, 12:31 PM
Corine

Why Vhaidara, I believe you are getting awful fond of the good doctor's potions. It's a good thing I will be with you all this time. I can wean you off the bottled magic. Corine furrowed her brow for a moment. *Prometheus*So, four out of five of your first subjects went nuts? Are there any signs we should watch for?

Sir Dancealot
2014-06-04, 04:42 PM
Faraam gave a brief grunt. *Korbin* "Wonderful." Then tilted her head slightly as Prometheus began to speak, grutning again when he finishes. *Prometheus* "So when do we leave?"

Oseyerys
2014-06-04, 06:33 PM
To All

Prometheus scoffs at Vhaidara's comment, "Back in my day we didn't have potions to keep us alive. We used our wits."

Turning to Corine he says, "The old pack was cunning and tricky due to the coordination of Juliet and manipulation of Rayne. Logan was massive and had immense strength, one who would be competent of testing your full power Juno, and Artemis was always deceitful. Of them all, Alistair was the most forthright. I can't tell you exactly what to expect but I can tell you not to trust them at all and, if you do encounter them, never take anything at face value. If they attack your left, keep an eye on your right. These four, and Alistair, composed one of the most deadliest strike forces since the Thieves Guild."

Lastly Prometheus addresses Faraam's question, "You have been instructed to meet my contact at the North Gate tomorrow morning at sunrise. That is when you shall leave. In the meantime feel free to rest or see the city but beware, as I'm sure Alistair told you, of using your hybrid form in the public view."

Vhaidara
2014-06-04, 06:47 PM
Vhaidara laughs.
Oh, well there go my plans for the evening. Oh well, see you lot tomorrow.
Vhaidara leaves, deciding it's time to go score some.

Diplomacy to gather information on where she can get some drugs : [roll0]

Edit: my bonus is actually +16. Increase result by 4

Oseyerys
2014-06-04, 07:06 PM
Vhaidara

It is currently around midnight and you happen to know a scumbag or two who would be out on the streets at this time, one of which should be just around the corner. You excuse yourself and exit the house for a moment, you bee-line for the alley behind the house and sure enough, "shaking hands" with a man is your contact, Reevis. For a drug dealer he actually keeps himself clean with his shaven head, trimmed goatee and kept clothes. Reevis owns a merchant shop not too far away but sells drugs at night to make a little extra cash for himself. He is about your size and doesn't look at all like the usual drug addict dealers in the city. This is because he doesn't try is own substance and he doesn't mess with it, which constantly attracts your business. He is trustworthy... as far as drug dealers go.

Seeing you Reevis turns and grins flashing white teeth in the moonlight, "Vhaidara my dear", he says in a slightly exotic accent, "It's been a while... I was beginning to worry you had forgotten about me."

He then produces a bag that he had at his side. He opens it up revealing all the different narcotics he has on him tonight, "What'll it be? Flayleaf? Opium? Scour? Oh, I just got a fresh order of Aether the other day as well."

Enyalius
2014-06-04, 08:08 PM
*Everybody remaining* "See you all later, I'm going to go for a walk." Korbin tells the group, leaving to pick up some spare cash.

And maybe something else.

for the walk, [roll0]

I know this will fail.. someone get the bail money ready.:smallfrown:

If I get enough I want to pick up a Silver dagger(That I will keep sheathed at all times), just in case we encounter a member of the old pack during this mission, we have a better chance of survival.

Vhaidara
2014-06-04, 08:16 PM
Vhaidara smiles back at him
*Reevis* Sorry about that. I've been...adopted by old Prometheus. Speaking of which, anything you might want from the alchemist's stores? I can try and swipe some stuff while no one is looking.
Vhaidara's eyes light up when he tells her his inventory.
*Reevis* AEther? Really? I've always wanted to try some of that stuff.
She checks her pockets
*Reevis* How much?

AEther is 20gp a dose normally. Oh, and this is what she was plotting earlier. Stealing stuff from Prometheus and selling it for drug money. And she's not even addicted to anything yet.

Oseyerys
2014-06-04, 08:44 PM
To All

At Korbin's exit, Prometheus claps his hands and says, "Yes well, job well done everyone. You may go about your business, be careful, as always, and I shall be in my lab if you need me."

With that he returns back to the room down the hall from which he came.

Korbin

You take your leave of those still assembled and begin to whistle a merry tune as you stroll down the streets. It is not often you still get to practice your trade and you feel in your element as you look around for anything that might be worthwhile to "investigate". The walk towards the richer part of the city takes about ten minutes due to the incline as you climb the tiers. Towards the top there are many more guards than in the lower sections. The guards were likely "influenced" by the upper class to spend more time in their neighborhoods for protection than in the poorer sections of the city. You duck behind an alley as some guards pass by and are fortunate to find an open window to a house. Such an opportunity, you'd be a fool to pass it up.

You peek inside the window and see the entrance to a kitchen. You climb into the kitchen and drop into a crouch to listen for any comings or goings of the residents. Being that it is the middle of the night, you hear nothing and slowly make your way to the living room where you find much furniture and the like, you slowly meander towards a jewlery drawer and open it up, once again softly whistling your tune that you dropped when you saw the guards. You are already formulating a plan in your head. Inside the drawer you find some worthless items, a mirror, a comb and two gold pieces. You gather these into a pouch you find in a cabinet and hold it in your hand. Stealing is not any moral concern of yours because you know, if your plan works, and they usually do, that the unknowing residents will be reunited with their items soon enough.

You then move to the front of the house, being that you entered through the back, and slowly open a window. You peer outside and see the a pair of guards walking down the street away from you. You study their movement patterns for a few minutes before making your move. You wait until just before the guards turn around and open the window all the way. Slipping through the window you exit the house, and turn to close the window just as the guards turn around and see you.

"Hey!", one of the guards shout and they run towards you. You look at them fearfully and raise your hands, still clasping the pouch with the items of little value in one of them.

When they reach you the guard who shouted grabs you and yanks you close to him, "What are you doing here scum?"

"I-I-I-", you stammer trying to push yourself away from him.

The guard sees the pouch in your hand and grabs it, shoving you away into the other guard, "And what's this? You think you were going to make off with a little bounty from the Nerulis' house did you?"

You get pushed into the waiting arms of the second guard who holds you. You also try to push yourself away from him as well.

"What should we do with him?", the second guard asks.

The first guard eyes you up after seeing the contents of the pouch and says, "Let him go... we caught him and scum like this aren't worth the city's time or money. He didn't even steal anything valuable. He's a small time thief who is bad at his job anyway, eventually he'll piss off the wrong person and end up dead in an alley. We'll return the items and get commended for it, maybe even get a tip for our services."

The second guard nods and throws you into the street saying, "Get out of here, rat."

You stumble and make for the nearest alley away from the soldiers. As soon as you are out of eyesight you straighten yourself up and begin to walk a steady pace away from them. You look down at your pockets and pull out two coin purses. The guards wouldn't realize they were missing all of their money until you were long gone. Naturally everything went according to your plan but the guards didn't feel you swiping their coin purses as you tried to push yourself off of them when they were holding you. You count up the coins from both pouches and total up 124 gold pieces.

Knowing that there are few people worth pick pocketing from wandering the streets in the middle of the night you wander aimlessly for a while and manage to scrounge up an extra 14 gp for your efforts.

I took the liberty of making the extra necessary rolls for you (move silently, bluff, etc...)

The going price of a silver dagger is 322 gp. Haggling price with a vendor once day comes may be an option though.

Oseyerys
2014-06-04, 08:53 PM
Vhaidara

Reevis smiles, "Prometheus eh? I knew there was a reason I let you sample my wares when we first met making you a loyal customer. Tell you what, if you can get me some Dream Spider Venom from Prometheus' lab, I'll give you a dose of the Aether for free. I'd like to mix the venom with the Flayleaf and some spiderberry tea to make some good old fashioned Riddleport Tea for my shop. If you mix the drug, soldiers are much less likely to confiscate it and arrest you I've learned. So what do you say, do we have a deal?"

Vhaidara
2014-06-04, 09:08 PM
Vhaidara smiles and nods.
I'll see what I can do. And it might be a few days, he's got something planned that will take me out of town for a while. So, how much for some AEther now? I do have a bit of coin...

And getting ready to bargain. These will apply to my next post, but I'm putting them here so I don't have to roll them later
Sense Motive if he tries to Bluff up the price : [roll0]
Appraise to know the value of the AEther : [roll1]
Craft (Alchemy) as a possible sub for Appraise : [roll2]

Oseyerys
2014-06-04, 09:20 PM
Vhaidara

Reevis eyes you up before saying, "For a loyal customer? Forty gold."

You scoff at the offer claiming that an addict on Opium would not fall for that scandle.

Reevis frowns, "What do you suggest?"

Knowing that Aether is usually 20 gold, and that Reevis only supplies quality narcotics, you suspect his drug to be priced at about 25.

You make the offer of 19 gold.

Reevis blinks in disbelief, "Are you trying to rob me kid? Do you know how much I paid for the shipment? I'll lower my price to thirty."

The price still being a little steep, you counter-offer 21 gold claiming that that is above the average running price.

The dealer comes back with, "You try and find someone in this city who is selling something this fresh and good. Or anyone who's selling Aether at all for that matter, twenty-eight."

You concede the fact that Reevis' product is among the best in the city and raise your counter-offer to 25.

Reevis narrows his eyes at you. For a while he doesn't say anything and you are unsure if he will take the offer. After a few moments, the dealer breaks out in a grin and chuckles, "There is no getting past you kid, you sure know your way around a bargain. Twenty-five it is then for one dose of Aether. Just make sure you get me that spider venom."

He pulls out the product and presents it to you as you give him the money.

-25 gp to wealth.

Enyalius
2014-06-04, 09:22 PM
After his score, Korbin heads back to the lab, but not before dropping of some gold at a church he knows will get the money to those that need it.

I'm going to drop 50Gp in a donation box, and then head back to the lab, I can't think of anything else for Korbin to do other than talking with some of the others.

Or maybe sleeping.

tonberryking
2014-06-04, 09:27 PM
Juno... for some reason doesn't really enjoy being too close to Ferram,; maybe it's the curse of two differing apex predators in petite girl clothes being so close, but, with blood still smeared all over her face she gives her a semi berth before reading the letter. Once or twice.

"Feh. Maybe I can finally afford a warhorse if we keep getting jobs like this. And I swear, if anyone in this room tries to eat him or her, I'll gut them senseless..." she says, before gruffly striding after Prometheus, looking like she has questions for him.

...Assuming his door remains unlocked.

Oseyerys
2014-06-04, 09:46 PM
Korbin

You enter the nearest church and drop your money off at the collection bin in front of the altar. One of the priests happens to be passing through the sanctuary and sees you place the money in the bin, "Bless you sir", he says. You then meander back to the house feeling content that you have performed your humanitarian act for the day.

Juno

Prometheus closes the door behind him but, as you already know, the door remains unlocked. You knock and hear Prometheus say, "Wasn't I just out there??? What could you possibly want in a matter of twenty seconds??? Come in, come in."

You open the door and enter Prometheus' study. It is deceivingly large for the size of the house and you see the familiar tables littered with texts and tomes that Prometheus pours over every day. You see the table in the middle of the room where Prometheus performs his experiments and you see the shelves in the corner with all of his ingredients. Two beds are set up in the opposite corner of the room.

"What?", Prometheus' voice interrupts you as you stare at the familiar room.

tonberryking
2014-06-04, 09:58 PM
"My Mother, Prometheus." Juno crosses her arms. "I've asked you about her before, and while I'll be glad to fight anything for your sake and pay back you saving my life, nothing is said of her lycanthropy, one may notice, "But you had to know of powerful women mages that come through this way, and you said you'd tell me more later...Or you could tell me who in town keeps such matters to themselves; I'll go pester them once we're done retrieving their artifact, but I'm used to my body again, so that distraction's gone..."

Oseyerys
2014-06-04, 10:06 PM
Juno

Prometheus pauses from reading the tome in front of him and rubs his face with both hands as he turns to face you. He is clearly tired. His features soften as he answers you.

"I know, but something you must know is that it is extremely hard for me to wean information out of the wizards. They are their own sect and associate with only themselves. A scientist like myself finds it extremely hard to get in their group. It's all about who you know really, the wizards of this city believe that they have been endowed with their power and look at people like me, who need to make things to attain that same power, with contempt. The person you're going to meet tomorrow may know more than I do about your mother. She is a wizard who does have those social ties. Her name is Guinevere. She's good people and she might be able to answer some of your questions, that's all I can tell you at this point. I'm sorry I don't have more for you."

tonberryking
2014-06-04, 10:15 PM
Juno remains silent for a long moment, seemingly reading the good doctor's intentions. "You gave me a name." she affirms, and nods her way back into the main room, almost polite by her standards.

"I need food and to wash my face," she explains to Peter after she hunts him down.

[roll0] For Prometheus to see if Juno fully believes this, or assumes that he may know other people in the know.

Oseyerys
2014-06-04, 10:25 PM
Juno

You leave and hear Prometheus call behind you, "Door was closed when you came in!". He then grumbles and gets up to shut the door you had opened.

Peter jumps to attention as you approach him. He was never really a brave soul and was intimidated by all of you. You tell him what you need and he nods in affirmation before going into the kitchen to prepare a fire. You take a seat at the table and, ten minutes later, Peter emerges from the kitchen with a large plate of cooked meat and vegetables. For as unimpressive as Peter is, he does know his way around a kitchen and you dig into the food viciously. The smaller man can make even the simplest meal a delicacy. Peter has been around since before you all had and he learned from Alistair that, due to your particular hybrid form you eat quite a bit more than the average person. When you came around, being the fighter that you are, you eventually began to out-eat Alistair and Peter had to compensate. The meal is large enough to fill even your stomach and while you eat, Peter prepares a basin of warm water by heating up pots of water in the fire and filling the basin and drags it to your bedroom for you to wash when you have finished.

dextercorvia
2014-06-04, 10:35 PM
Corine

Corine had been cooped up in the flat all evening while the others got exercise. Normally that wouldn't have bothered her, but this recent news was troubling. I need to know if one of them is going to turn, and Prometheus is deflecting. She decided to get some fresh air.

In the poorer districts there were always some looking to prey upon a woman alone. Tonight, they would get more than they bargained for. As she passed a bar she knew by reputations, Corine began to stagger. The young woman knew what inebriated looked like, and didn't over do it. Just a lurch here, and a bit of a sway as she walked down the narrow street.

A bit of a wounded bird routine, if you take my meaning. Take 10 on perception for a 17. Between that and Scent, she should be aware of pursuit.

Oseyerys
2014-06-04, 10:44 PM
Corine

You take your leave to... let loose. You go towards one of the sleazier dives in the city, the Siren's Song. It was a two story tavern, the first floor was for customers to come and drink and eat, while the second floor served as more of a brothel. You stumble around the Siren for a little bit and see some of the men standing outside notice you. Out of the corner of your eye you see them look at each other, grin and three of them make their way towards you. You head down a side-alley where there would be no one watching, continuing to appear unsuspecting. The men follow you and eventually they have you cornered in the alley as it is a dead end... at least, they think they have you cornered.

"Hey miss", drawls one of the men, clearly intoxicated, "Don'cha know it ain't safe out here in the dark? Pretty 'ittle girl like you might meet the wrong folk, why don'cha come with us an' we'll ensure yer safety. Don' worry 'bout payin' us, fer our protection you can just show me an' my mates here a good time."

With that his lackeys chuckle. They appear to be intoxicated as well.

The men are about fifteen feet away from you...

Enyalius
2014-06-04, 10:44 PM
Arriving back at the lab, Korbin heads to the kitchen to ask Pete to make him something to eat if he's there, or make it himself if he's not, and maybe strike up a conversation with one of his packmates if they're there.

Spotting Juno at the table, he take a seat across from her.

*Juno* "So did I miss anything While I was out?"

Oseyerys
2014-06-04, 10:49 PM
Korbin

The smell of Peter's cooking hits you like a brick wall when you enter and your stomach screams for food considering you hadn't had any since before setting out for Barradin Tor. You check the kitchen and, sure enough, Peter is already preparing you a meal and also one for Vhaidara (Vhaidara's appears to be extra big compared to her usual serving size). Peter gives you a thumbs up as he checks on the meat. Seeing the juicy meat and smelling it's succulent smell, your mouth begins to water. You decide it is best if you take your leave of the kitchen and wait for your food elsewhere, so you sit down at the table opposite Juno.

Within five minutes Peter appears with your food as well, delicious meat and some potatoes. Peter then retreats to the kitchen once more where he begins to whistle a tune while he works.

tonberryking
2014-06-04, 11:03 PM
"Mrphmhrgglle-- 'got a new job, mrggrgrg," Juno says between stuffing her face, before thrashing her hand over towards a flaggon and downing whatever's in it. She ultimately finishes and leans back. Eying anything on Korbin's plat he's slow to touch. "Why, where've you been all this time?"

dextercorvia
2014-06-04, 11:06 PM
Corine

I've always heard there is safety in numbers. That's why I always travel with my twin. Surely we don't need any help.

Copycat for an image of Corine to appear next to her.

Enyalius
2014-06-04, 11:12 PM
Eating his meal in a slightly more civilized manner, Korbin responses.

"I'm aware of the job, I was here for that, remember, and as for where I was..." he pauses for a moment, think how best to phrase his answer before speaking, "Let's just say I was going for a walk... a very profitable walk." he answers, thinking of the gold he has left over from his score.

Oseyerys
2014-06-04, 11:14 PM
Corine

At the sight of the illusion, the man who addressed you squints and sways a bit as he looks at the copycat, "Why she's mighty fine too, say, where'd she come from? Eh, it don' matter, both o' you can come with us if you want. It'll be more fun that way."

With that the man takes one staggering step towards you.

dextercorvia
2014-06-04, 11:20 PM
Corine

I'm sure we don't need help. I think you misunderstand the situation. Now, I believe you should go back to the bar you crawled out of and leave us alone. It was only fair to give them a chance. It wouldn't do to maim a man just for being bad at flirting. But what he did next would be all the confirmation she needed.

Oseyerys
2014-06-04, 11:26 PM
Corine

The man hesitates, looks at his companions, and looks back at you, "No I think we can find the entertainment we need right here, just don' be too loud or you'll alert everyone 'round... then we can't have you to ourselves."

The man says to the one on his left, "You take the one who showed up jus' now, leave some for me though."

With that the three of them begin to walk towards you...

dextercorvia
2014-06-04, 11:35 PM
Both Corines draw greatswords. Each using two hands, they fling them in unison at the leader, and it is impossible to know which is real as they whirl toward their target. The blades instantly return to their wielders.

Init 1d20+2

Hand of the Acolyte attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]
If crit, then confirm [roll2]
extra damage [roll3]

tonberryking
2014-06-04, 11:48 PM
Juno's not exactly the sharpest sword on the rack when it comes to life in the 'big city', given how much of such affairs she eschewed with her life choices, but even she seems to form some ideas around the implications.

"Korbin, that sounds like trouble, to me. What'd you do?" she says without much fervor to her accusation. In fact she just seems to be right out asking rather than judging.

Oseyerys
2014-06-04, 11:51 PM
Corine

The eyes of the man who addressed you grow immensely as both you and your copy draw large broadswords and heave them at your assailant.

Unsure of which one to dodge the man lurches to one side in an attempt to get out of the way but guesses wrongly. Your sword cuts him along his stomach and he yells out in pain as he staggers to the side.

The three men then each draw daggers and run at you. One approaches your copy, taking a swing and obviously hitting only air.

The other two approach you and each swing but, in their drunken stupor, it is quite easy to avoid their blades.

Enyalius
2014-06-04, 11:57 PM
Grinning like a cheshire cat, at the fact that someone finally figured it out, Korbin happily answers.

"Well, I went to one of the richer districts, took a look at a few houses, found one and got a closer look, then spoke with a couple of guards and lightened their load just a bit." he says this in a happy tone, the grin not leaving hos face, even for a moment, and holding up the sack of coins he swiped from them.

"Afterwards I visited a church and made a small donation on their behalf."

tonberryking
2014-06-05, 12:22 AM
Juno blinks a few times, barks out a laugh and then guzzles whatever's left in her flagon.

"You gonna finish that?" she asks towards his food, as if the prior conversation never happened.

Enyalius
2014-06-05, 12:30 AM
Mulling it over he decides to take a portion of his food and move it to Juno's plate.

"So, other than the job, did anything else interesting happen?" He asks finishing the last bit of what he didn't share.

Sir Dancealot
2014-06-05, 12:51 AM
After recieving the answer as to when they were to leave, Faraam had gone back to her room, mutting about horse being stringy. After a few minutes of shuffling sounds, she came out armed and armored, nearly every inch of her skin covered in leather or cloth. The only part showing being her eyes. Walking to the door, she uttered a single phrase. If you could really call it that. Anyone Near the Exit"Going out, need air."

Closing the door behind her, she tugged her hood farther forward, shrouding her eyes in darkness. There was one thing she enjoyed about this ability she had been granted, and that was the ability to sleep at any time at a moments notice, then wake up without a problem. It was nice knowing that any downtime she had she could simply sleep it away. It helped with this place. She wasn't particularly fond of the city. Town. Whatever it was called. The lands called to her. Whispered her named through the wind. Plains, desert, forest, jungle. She didn't care where she was as long as it wasn't made almost entirely out of stone.

To be honest, she wasn't looking for much. Just a nice tree to sit in. Maybe someone pretty to look at. That shouldn't be too much should it?

dextercorvia
2014-06-05, 07:42 AM
Corine

Are you still looking for a bit of fun? The street priest grimaces as only one is distracted by her double. Corine's twin disappeared after distracting one of the three, but now two Corine's split from the same place again, both of them swinging at her assailant. I think we should even up the odds a bit.

Move action for copycat.
Attack the leader again if he's in reach (or a 5' step will take me there), this time the old fashioned way. If she can't get to the leader, any one will do.
[roll0]
damage [roll1]
if crit then confirm [roll2]
extra damage [roll3]

Oseyerys
2014-06-05, 09:20 AM
Faraam

You exit the house and make your way to the well in which Alistair and the group had entered the city. You climb down and follow the tunnel to the grate. Opening the grate, you slip out of the city and are on the open plain outside of Rivvenheim. Feeling the comfort of nature around you, you sprint off in the night towards the treeline. You know there is a little clearing not far from the city where there is a spring and nature seems to just blossom. You make for this spring and after about 15 minutes after leaving your house, you come upon the clearing.

In the clearing there is a small stream that runs down a path of rocks and collects in a little pond. Around the pond grow many wildflowers that you recognize from being here many times before. The trees around the clearing are perfect for a lazy afternoon nap. It is in one of these trees that you climb and settle yourself for some peace and quiet, gazing at the water flow down the rocks and the nature around you.

After a few minutes of silence you hear some movement off to your right. You listen and perk your ears up and after a few minutes you see an unusually large form lumber through the trees. You can't make out exactly what it is but, in the moonlight, you can see that it is an unusually large animal.

Corine

You make another copy and this one confuses the men even more, "Where'd she come from?", the leader asks no one in particular, "An' where'd the other one go?"

You take this moment of confusion to attack. The drunkard sees your sword at just the right time before he swaggers back from you deadly arc.

Two of the men are surprised by your sudden duplicate but one is still undaunted, likely due to the high alcohol count within him.

He takes a swing at you and again misses terribly.

Sir Dancealot
2014-06-05, 09:55 AM
Sniffing the air, Faraam takes notice of the direction of the wind and silently hops down from the tree. Circling to the leeward side of the large mass, she stalked her way forward, tracking the animals scent. She smiled under the wrap that covered her lower face, it felt good to be out again, doing something.

Let's see...

Bein' Sneaky: [roll0]

Tracking if needed: [roll1]

Oseyerys
2014-06-05, 10:12 AM
Faraam

You circle around the mass to get downwind of it and slowly creep up towards it. Getting closer to it, you can hear the animal's heavy breathing and you can hear it growl. You see the animal pause and sniff the air. You duck back behind a tree as it looks around. After few moments of sniffing the animal snorts and continues moving. Making sure that the animal has moved on, you sneak you from behind the tree and begin to track it again. The animal happens to pass under an opening in the trees and the moonlight shines down to reveal it to you.

It is a bear. It is a very large bear. In fact you have never, in all your days spent in nature, seen a bear this large. The bear, on all fours, you guess stands about nine feet tall at the shoulder. It's paws are enormous and look like they could fell trees. Also something about how the bear is lumbering through the trees seems... off. The bear's gait doesn't quite match the gait of every other bear you've seen. The bear appears to not notice you and is more focused on Rivvenheim.

Sir Dancealot
2014-06-05, 10:20 AM
Faraam proceeds to stalk the bear, keeping downwind and back a good distance so as not to be caught by the creature's nose. She has no particular desire to engage it, just watch the creature. It was... different somehow. It was pretty in a way. If you counted pretty unusual.

Oseyerys
2014-06-05, 10:32 AM
Faraam

The bear stares at the city for a moment longer then turns around and heads back the way it came. You scurry to get out of it's path and watch the bear lumber past. Continuing to track the bear you watch as it makes its way to a clearing, different from your favorite spot. This one is bare, save for a large boulder in the middle of it. On this boulder is a woman who is very beautiful. She sees the bear approach and turns to face it appearing undaunted.

"News?", she asks the large animal.

To your astonishment the huge bear responds in a low gravely voice, "Artemis is already in the city. Guards are posted outside at night we won't be able to enter until daylight."

The woman nods, "Very well then, I'll need to send a message to Rayne about Prometheus' new 'pets'. If they know Artemis is alive, then I'm sure Prometheus suspects the rest of us to be alive as well. We need to be ready for the new blood for when he sends them to find us. I do hope Artemis can get the job done."

The bear responds, "Artemis is very crafty, I'm sure he'll find Prometheus."

"... Very well. Let us go", the woman says, "We cannot delay, the wheels have been set in motion and it is time to play our part."

With that the two leave the clearing together opposite the side you are on...

Sir Dancealot
2014-06-05, 10:51 AM
Faraam waits a minute, and then five in the shadows of the night, debating on going back or tracking them further. Finally deciding that there's not much she could do to the weres by herself at this time of night, she decides to head back into the city and speak to Prometheus about the possibility of relocating.

But not before slinking forward to the spot the woman had been sitting and memorizing her and the bear's scent. She had no desire to be caught unaware by either of them.

dextercorvia
2014-06-05, 01:02 PM
Corine

Why are you suddenly so bashful? Are you having difficulty rising to the challenge? Corine taunts as she swings again.

Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]
Confirm [roll2]
Extra Damage [roll3]

Vhaidara
2014-06-05, 01:23 PM
Vhaidara sighs.
How about this : two for 44. I can't afford more than that now. The old man doesn't exactly give me much of a budget.

Diplomacy: [roll0]

Oseyerys
2014-06-05, 07:59 PM
Faraam

After memorizing their scent you head back the way you came to Prometheus' hideout. It looks as though your time of relaxation was cut short tonight. You reach Rivvenheim's walls easily and crawl your way into the city, within fifteen minutes you are back at the familiar house you had been staying.

Corine

Your swings cause the drunkards to back up and attack once more. These men seem to be somewhat used to fighting in their drunken stupor, it is unlikely they would know how to fight sober, if they even know the meaning of the word. The one who is in combat with your copy swings and misses stumbling into a stack of crates against the wall of the alley. One of the men attacking you tries to stab you and you contemptuously knock his blade away. While you are doing this however, the other man, the one who you cut, lunges at you and manages to scrape your arm. His thrust propels him behind you where he manages to catch his feet before sprawling on the ground.

2 dmg dealt to Corine.

Vhaidara

Reevis squints at you for a moment calculating the gain and expenses, "Fine, two for fourty-four but make sure you get me that Spider Venom from the old man eh?"

With that he reaches for another dose and hands the two of them to you.

-44 gold

dextercorvia
2014-06-05, 08:34 PM
Corine

The woman looks at her arm where a cut should be and grins even wider. Maybe Vhaidara is onto something with Prometheus's potions. She takes another swipe at her eager assailant.

Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]
Confirm [roll2]
Extra Damage [roll3]

Oseyerys
2014-06-05, 08:41 PM
Corine

The attack falls short of the targets as they sway in and out of your reach.

The drunkard who missed the attack on your copy simply believes he didn't hit her and moves to strike again, once again swiping at the air, almost tripping himself in the process.

The other two drunkards both come at you at the same time, you casually move to the side and they collide with each other, missing you entirely.

Vhaidara
2014-06-05, 08:48 PM
Vhaidara smiles as she takes the second dose.
Always a pleasure Reevis. Hopefully I'll have some more coin next time.
She pockets the AEther and decides to wander the town a bit.

Oseyerys
2014-06-05, 08:50 PM
Reevis

"Anything for you kid", Reevis grins then adds, "Stay out of trouble now... don't need the guards trailing back to me."

You wander town. Prometheus' hideout is in the slightly poorer section of the city (on the lower tiers), you pass by taverns, brothels, and just little holes in the wall where people have set up shop for the night. There are not many people out and about at this hour.

After a few minutes of strolling through the... less desirable parts of the city you stumble upon one of your favorite taverns before Prometheus turned you, The Siren's Song. There is much commotion and merrymaking inside the bar...

Vhaidara
2014-06-05, 08:59 PM
Vhaidara considers going in, but she's low on money and wants to try her new drug, so she heads for an alley near the bar.

dextercorvia
2014-06-05, 09:10 PM
Corine

You three almost make decent dancers. If you had just wanted to dance, we wouldn't be in this mess. Corine centers herself, and sinks down to a crouch. She focuses on the beast inside herself, hoping to channel just a tiny amount of that savagery into the next swing.

Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]
Confirm [roll2]
Extra Damage [roll3]

Oseyerys
2014-06-05, 09:34 PM
Corine

The men duck out of the way of you and almost lose their footing. The thug who is attacking your image misses once more and one of the thugs attacking you takes a back-swipe at you with his dagger. The other thug, the one you injured, becomes enraged by your taunt and slashes at you again with his dagger scoring a scratch across your thigh.

-2 again... pitiful.

Vhaidara

Eager to try out your new product you duck down an alley near the Siren and see something almost amusing. Three drunkards are desperately swinging at two Corines. The thugs appear to not be very effectively coordinating and landing attacks.

Vhaidara
2014-06-05, 09:53 PM
Vhaidara laughs at the bumbling drunks.
Hey there Cor. Need a hand?
She loosens her scarf and tries to sound sexy.
Hey boys, come get some.

Oseyerys
2014-06-05, 10:06 PM
Vhaidara

The man who was attacking Corine's copy turns to you, "Hey beautiful... where'd you come from? Don' worry fellas, I got this one."

He approaches you...

Vhaidara
2014-06-05, 10:20 PM
Vhaidara smiles seductively, then whips her scarf at the man's throat.

Initiative : [roll0]
Attack : [roll1]
Critical : [roll2]
Damage : [roll3]
Crit Damage : [roll4]

Sir Dancealot
2014-06-05, 10:38 PM
Faraam walks past anyone in the entryway, muttering something about trouble in their direction as she heads directly for Prometheus's room. Opening the door without knocking, not that she didn't think about knocking, she just didn't understand that it would be polite to do so, and she spoke simply, *Prometheus* "Artemis is in the city looking for us."

dextercorvia
2014-06-05, 10:40 PM
It was nice of you to join me. Every time I try to stab one, they fall down and I miss. Its very inconsiderate.

Both Corines leap into the air, simultaneously bringing their blades down on the injured one.

Ok bits, don't fail me now:
Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]
Confirm [roll2]
Extra Damage [roll3]

Oseyerys
2014-06-06, 12:54 AM
Vhaidara

Your scarf comes around to whip at the thug and the thug sees it at the last second and puts an arm up to protect his neck. Your scarf lashes the man's arm.

The man comes at you and manages to gash your arm as you swing your scarf about

2 dmg

Corine

The injured man, seeing two fighters come down on him scurries out of the way before launching himself at you once more.

The injured man then strikes at you and scores another gash on you while the other misses once more.

Apparently I only roll a 1 with a d4 so another 2 damage for Corine.

Faraam

Prometheus, who was pouring into his book when you entered doesn't even look at you as he responds, "If Artemis has been alive this whole time I presume he's always been looking for me."

Sir Dancealot
2014-06-06, 01:23 AM
Faraam grunted. True enough she supposed. *Prometheus* "Who's Rayne?"

Oseyerys
2014-06-06, 01:26 AM
Faraam

The old man continues to read his text but answers your question, "Rayne was part of Alistair's old group. The group composed of Juliet, Logan, Artemis, Rayne, and Alistair. Rayne was a sorceress, very clever with illusions and altogether very adept at her craft."

Sir Dancealot
2014-06-06, 01:42 AM
Faraam nods her head this time instead of grunting. *Prometheus* "I Believe they are planning something for tomorrow. They said they would not be able to enter the city until daylight. They were worried about the guard."

Oseyerys
2014-06-06, 07:34 AM
Faraam

Prometheus pauses his reading to glance at you, "Yes well assuming no one has told anyone about me, they will be looking in the wrong spot. My house burned down, I told no one I was even still alive much less where I had relocated to, so long as you have all kept it secret, their plans will likely be in vain although my guess is they simply want to enter the city to aid in the search. How do you know all this?"

Vhaidara
2014-06-06, 09:00 AM
Vhaidara scowls.
Didn't your mother ever teach you not to hit a lady?
She whips her scarf again, this time aiming for the crotch.

Attack : [roll0]
Crit : [roll1]
Damage : [roll2]
Crit Damage : [roll3]

dextercorvia
2014-06-06, 09:47 AM
I think these scum raped their own mothers. Right before their fathers raped them. They seem like the type to make a family sandwich. Corine hoped the taunts would keep them off balance a bit longer.

Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]
Confirm [roll2]
Extra Damage [roll3]

Oseyerys
2014-06-06, 09:54 AM
Vhaidara

Your scarf swings around to strike the man's crotch. The man's eyes bug out as he sees you swing and he desperately jumps to one side to avoid certain castration.

The man, off balance, lunges at you clumsily. Being that you just got done fighting hell hounds, it's like fighting a child. You sidestep easily to avoid his swing.

Corine

Your taunt causes the injured man to hesitate, having to think about who raped who in your statement and how that worked out. You take this opportunity to run him through with your sword. The man looks at you with shock before falling to the ground.

The other man, seeing his dead comrade, panics and slices the air in front of him in a hopeless attempt to hit you.

Vhaidara
2014-06-06, 10:15 AM
Corine, I don't think I can fix someone cut in half.
Vhaidara spins and flicks the scarf towards the man's wrist.

Attack : [roll0]
Critical : [roll1]
Damage : [roll2]
Crit Damage : [roll3]

dextercorvia
2014-06-06, 10:19 AM
Corine

Enjoying the success of her taunt, Corine asks the other. My father told me to shave every man in town that didn't shave himself, but not to shave those who did the deed themselves. So, would you like a shave?

*Vhaidara* Don't worry, dear. I can fix nearly anything.

Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]
Confirm [roll2]
Extra Damage [roll3]

Oseyerys
2014-06-06, 10:34 AM
Vhaidara

You whirl around once again bringing you scarf high, wrapping it around the man's arm. The thug howls in pain but the sound is not heard from anyone outside the alley due to the noise from the Siren.

The pain almost shocks the man out of drunkenness and he looks at you more clearly. He grabs the scarf that is still wrapped around his arm and yanks you almost nose to nose with him. He then plunges the dagger he is holding into your back.

"How do you like that sweetheart?", the man growls at you.

Rolled a crit. 7 damage total.

Corine

This man, not much smarter than the one who just died also has to stop and think about who's shaving who. You take the opportunity to cut a large gash along the man's arm, the man yelps and swings at you as you draw close.

2 damage... again.

Vhaidara
2014-06-06, 10:46 AM
In the shock of the blow, Vhaidara shifts and yowls in pain. Her scarf falls to the ground as she savages the man.

So, that knocked her to 1. She's unhappy.
Regeneration : [roll0]
Bite : [roll1]
Bite Crit : [roll2]
Bite Damage : [roll3]
Bite Crit Damage : [roll4]
Venom Roll : [roll5]
Venom Damage : [roll6]
Claw 1 Attack : [roll7]
Claw 1 Crit : [roll8]
Claw 1 Damage : [roll9]
Claw 1 Crit Damage : [roll10]
Claw 2 Attack : [roll11]
Claw 2 Crit : [roll12]
Claw 2 Damage : [roll13]
Claw 2 Crit Damage : [roll14]

dextercorvia
2014-06-06, 11:46 AM
Your friends don't seem to be feeling well. I think it would be best if you dropped that knife and let me heal them. Corine bats at him with her blade to drive her point home.

Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]
Confirm [roll2]
Extra Damage [roll3]

Oseyerys
2014-06-06, 06:23 PM
Vhaidara

The thug thinks he has you right where he wants you. His mistake is apparent as you turn and sink your fangs into the man's jugular vein. The drunkard makes a choking sound and bats hopelessly at your snout as you rip out flesh, spurting blood everywhere and the man doesn't even have time to scream as he falls to the ground lifeless. His blood on your fur is the last thing he sees.

Corine

The man is too heavily influenced by alcohol to heed your warning but does manage to get out of the way of your blade by turning to see the grisly fate that befell his comrade.

Seeing his comrade die, the drunkard gets enraged with how the women turned the tide on what was supposed to be a "fun night" for him. He swings his dagger around in a sweep and cuts your forearm.

2 damage... I think my d4 is weighted...

Vhaidara
2014-06-06, 06:42 PM
Still in a semi-feral rage, Vhaidara lunges at the third man, claws slashing through the air.

Claw 1 Attack : [roll0]
Claw 1 Crit : [roll1]
Claw 1 Damage : [roll2]
Claw 1 Crit Damage : [roll3]
Claw 2 Attack : [roll4]
Claw 2 Crit : [roll5]
Claw 2 Damage : [roll6]
Claw 2 Crit Damage : [roll7]

Oseyerys
2014-06-06, 06:57 PM
Vhaidara

You rake your claws along the man's back while he is distracted by Corine and he screams, falling in shock to the ground. He will be unconscious soon due to blood loss.

Vhaidara
2014-06-06, 08:26 PM
Vhaidara nips at then man's neck a few times, and when she senses the venom take hold, she turns to Corine.
Let's go before some shows up.

dextercorvia
2014-06-06, 09:50 PM
Corine

Wiping her sword across one of the dead men's cloaks first, Corine then sheaths her sword. One second. Corine throws her cloak across Vhaidara's sholuders. We need to cover you up. Keep the hood low, and wrap the rest around you. If anyone stops us, you have leprosy and I'm taking you to a faith healer that I heard about. That will keep most people from getting too curious. She fumbles for the chain under her tunic and grabs hold of her holy symbol. I didn't want to kill them you know. They just needed to be taught a lesson. With that a wave of invisible energy floods out of the woman.

Channel Energy [roll0] That should stabilize the envenomed one. I suspect the others are past saving. Corine could use it herself at this point.

Vhaidara
2014-06-06, 10:22 PM
Vhaidara accepts the cloak, nodding
You'd better not save that one. He'll be trouble if he talks. We did just kill his friends after all.

I think he's doomed. My venom kind of lasts until death right now. We should probably figure that out.

Oseyerys
2014-06-06, 10:44 PM
Corine and Vhaidara

You're in the middle of concealing yourselves when you hear a voice behind you say, "Oh well done ladies, although the transformation might be hard to sneak past people back to Prometheus' now... But all in all brava!"

You whirl around to see a shadow within a shadow. You almost don't see it as your gaze sweeps by the corners of the alley but there... just there... you see a darkness that is just a little too dark to be a shadow perhaps...

Vhaidara you have heard this voice before... when you were hunting the hell hounds...

Sir Dancealot
2014-06-06, 10:58 PM
This time, she does grunt, "I was out on a walk. Got to hear a bear and a pretty lady make a couple plans."

Oseyerys
2014-06-06, 11:04 PM
Faraam

This seems to get Prometheus' attention, "A bear you say? Was it a big bear? One who was larger than normal bears?"

dextercorvia
2014-06-06, 11:29 PM
Corine

He knew about shifting, and Prometheus, and he sounded so smug. Corine glanced at Vhaidara for confirmation. You met my friends earlier, but you missed the pleasure of making my acquaintance. They call me Corine.
Corine considers the sudden appearance, and some things click into place.

If you wanted to kill us, it would have been easier while we were entertaining. If you wanted to follow us to Prometheus, again that would have been easier without revealing yourself. That leaves curiosity, or intimidation. I'll admit, that I'm curious, but not overly frightened. Since you are here to talk, we might as well get to it.

Oseyerys
2014-06-06, 11:47 PM
Corine and Vhaidara

Again, the voice chuckles, "You seem to overestimate your importance in the grand scheme of things Corine, although it is my pleasure to meet you. Let me introduce myself although it seems as though the rat and I have met, my name is Artemis Grimhollow and I am looking for Alistair, my dear brother. Now I'd like to offer you two ladies the chance to tell me where he is and I will grant you pardon when I have Prometheus squirming under my boot. Please, Corine, see logic here... Alistair isn't really even part of your pack. Just tell me where he is and I will deal with him myself."

dextercorvia
2014-06-07, 01:55 AM
Corine

After your performance earlier, Ali was all to eager to go and find you. As far as he knows that's where he is going. I'm sure you know your brother is the trusting sort, especially where Prometheus is concerned. Corine put a finger to her lips. I can't be certain, I was only allowed to hear some of what was discussed, since I'm not that important in the grand scheme of things... I'm reasonably sure, however that the good doctor sent him out of town on a wild goose chase. I think he wants to delay your little family reunion, although I can't imagine why.

Sir Dancealot
2014-06-07, 01:57 AM
Faraam nodded, "'Bout twenty-seven hands high."

Vhaidara
2014-06-07, 06:41 AM
I'm surprised you haven't found him. He's out hunting.
Vhaidara smirks, showing fangs.

Oseyerys
2014-06-07, 07:20 AM
Faraam

Prometheus nods in thought, "That'd be Logan... which would make the woman Juliet. That's very interesting... where is the rest of your Pack?"

Corine and Vhaidara

Again Artemis chuckles, "So... big Ali is coming to find me huh? Fascinating... well maybe I shall meet up with him soon enough. I don't suppose there's any chance you might tell me where Prometheus is? I'm trying to be diplomatic here ladies, for your sake, give me something to work with."

Vhaidara
2014-06-07, 07:22 AM
He's in his house. Where else would he be? Really, I thought you were supposed to be clever.

Oseyerys
2014-06-07, 08:01 AM
Corine and Vhaidara

"I would love nothing more than to exhange witty retorts with you but unfortunately my employer is on a time crunch. I would also love to rip your heart out through your mouth but my employer has plans for you all yet. So if you'll excuse me, I need to go find my brother."

The voice speaks no more however the figure remains in the shadows. Upon further inspection you see that the figure is in fact simply a bunch of crates and boxes stacked to look humanoid. You whirl around and see that, at the entrance of the alley not three feet from where you stood, on the ground, is a note addressed to Prometheus.

Vhaidara
2014-06-07, 08:20 AM
Vhaidara walks over to pick up and read the note.

dextercorvia
2014-06-07, 09:44 AM
Can you fill me in on the way back. We have three reasons to get out of here now. Corine looks over her companion. You look pretty covered to me. Keep your nose down, though.

Sir Dancealot
2014-06-07, 11:25 AM
Faraam shrugs, Three here. Two out."

Vhaidara
2014-06-07, 07:05 PM
Ali's brother seems to be in town and up for some killing. Specifically the old man. I don't think we should go back. He's probably following us.
Vhaidara tries to recall any good places to hide nearby.

Not sure about rolls, seems more like how I knew where to find a dealer.

dextercorvia
2014-06-07, 07:33 PM
I'm pretty sure that was a projection from Rayne, which means they can find us without following us anyway. I'm all for going to ground, but we need to find a way to get word to the rest.

Take 10 for a 15 on Knowledge Religion. Trying to think of a nearby church/mission that will let us flop for a couple hours and not ask too many questions.

Oseyerys
2014-06-08, 10:42 AM
Faraam

Prometheus ponders this news before saying, "When they return tell them that they are to not leave the house until further instruction. I don't believe we're in any danger but there is no reason to push our luck."

Corine and Vhaidara

You open the note to see it is just a piece of paper.

Looking out of the alley as you prepare to leave, you see a figure, wearing a cloak with the hood up walking away from you.

Oseyerys
2014-06-08, 12:38 PM
Autopilot Juno

Juno shrugs at Enyalius' question as she wolfs down the food he offered, "Vhaidara's gone, so is Corine, and Faraam left not too long ago. So far it's been fairly quiet."

As you continue to eat Faraam enters once more and strides right into Prometheus' room.

"Faraam's back", grunts Juno.

Vhaidara
2014-06-08, 01:08 PM
Actually, if he's in town now, he's about to strike, and he probably followed us the first time we came back. Let's get home.
Vhaidara heads back towards Prometheus' base.

dextercorvia
2014-06-08, 02:43 PM
Corine

Works for me. Corine thought about the mess she had made. Priests are supposed to be wise, but I've messed up in just about every way I could. She had tried everything to rid herself of the emptyness inside: drugs, carnal pleasures, money, pain Prometheus' potion, and now revenge. Nothing satisfies. I thought that killing men like those that took Tira would make it better somehow. And, while the world is no worse off without those three, now I have to carry around the knowledge that I killed someone in anger. She recalled a prayer she had heard one time, The world needs light as well as dark, night as well as day. We all must strive for balance. But doing evil for good reasons, or good for evil reasons is a false balance at best, an empty rationalization at worst.

*Vhaidara* I really screwed up back there. Thanks for bailing me out.

Vhaidara
2014-06-08, 03:29 PM
Vhaidara laughs
Hey, you're not the one who almost got gut like a pig. Shouldn't have played with the meat, I guess.
She looks at her friend.
Now, my question is, was I a savior, or reinforcements? Did you start this, or did they?

dextercorvia
2014-06-08, 06:04 PM
A bit of both, I suppose. I knew if I hung around long enough, someone like that would start stuff. They always do. Corine paused. My friend. She got...hurt. I can't get to the one who did that, but I thought this might make it better.

Vhaidara
2014-06-08, 06:49 PM
Vhaidara tilts her head.
Why can't you get him? What's stopping you?

dextercorvia
2014-06-08, 08:17 PM
Corine clenches and unclenches her fists as they walk. It takes a minute for her to reply. He's one of those traveling adventurer mages. He could be anywhere on the continent by now. She tears up a bit at the thought of the way Tira looked the day they found her.

Vhaidara
2014-06-08, 09:54 PM
Vhaidara puts a clawed hand on Corine's shoulder.
We'll find him one day. And I'll hold him down while you tear out the black husk he calls a heart.

Oseyerys
2014-06-08, 09:59 PM
Vhaidara and Corine

You make your way back to Prometheus' house without further interruption. When you arrive Korbin, Juno, and Faraam are all present. Peter looks at you questioningly. Peter doesn't talk much but you know he is asking if you are hungry.

It is currently about 1:30 in the morning to give you a time reference.

dextercorvia
2014-06-08, 10:21 PM
Corine

Thank you Peter, but I really can't eat now. We need to talk to Prometheus. Corine says as she walks down the hall to the Lab door. Knocking hard, Prometheus, we had another talk with Artemis, tonight. Vhaidara has a note for you.

Oseyerys
2014-06-08, 10:40 PM
Corine

You hear a clattering of glass and some swearing as you knock, "Can't an alchemist get any quiet around here?!?!"

Upon hearing mention of Artemis, Prometheus opens the door, "We were wondering about you two. Off for a bit of fun eh? A note you say? For me? Come in, come in, what does it say?"

dextercorvia
2014-06-08, 11:02 PM
Corine goes inside the lab. It was blank. He asked about Alistair, and I told him Ali had left town. He asked about you, and Vhaidara deflected him. I think he was talking through a projection, like you said that Rayne could do, but someone was near enough to us to make a man shape out of crates and leave this paper.

Oseyerys
2014-06-09, 12:08 AM
Corine

Prometheus chuckles a bit before saying, "That wouldn't be Rayne. No, Artemis was always a trickster, he'd tell you to look at what he was doing in his left hand and secretly get the job done with his right under your very nose. Whereas Rayne would use magic and illusion to fool and deceive, Artemis simply used his physical being much like Korbin might. My guess is that Rayne had nothing to do with this, especially if what Faraam told me is true, Rayne isn't in the city, you've just been fooled by Artemis Grimhollow. Anyway, let me see the paper."

After you give the note to Prometheus, the old man studies it for a few moments before he mutters, "Smart boy, Artemis... smart boy."

He then takes a knife at his table and pushes it against his thumb to draw a spot of blood which he then used to smear the paper. After a few moments, Prometheus holds it up to the candle light out of your vision. After a few moments he sighs and turns to you.

"Thank you for this information", he says, "I feel as though no one should leave the house for a while. It would be beneficial for you all to get some rest. In the morning we can discuss this further."

Vhaidara
2014-06-09, 10:35 AM
Vhaidara, still covered in blood from tearing the man apart, looks for some way to clean up.

Also, I'm probably still in hybrid form

Sir Dancealot
2014-06-09, 10:39 AM
Faraam had nodded once before leaving the study, mumbling something about naps. And thus, that is where she was shortly afterward, once more in her overly large tunic, a piece of jerky in her hand as she muttered away in her sleep.

dextercorvia
2014-06-09, 02:17 PM
Corine also gets cleaned up and heads to bed.

Oseyerys
2014-06-09, 10:32 PM
Vhaidara

Peter whips up a basin of hot water for you to bathe in once you've turned back into your normal self.

Enyalius
2014-06-09, 10:44 PM
Following the rest of the pack, Korbin also cleans up and heads for bed.

Oseyerys
2014-06-10, 06:26 PM
Everyone

As time wears on, you all make your way to rest for the night. Soon you are all asleep. And even Peter, who cleans up the dishes you all used for your meals, retreats to his quarters to rest...

Vhaidara
2014-06-10, 07:25 PM
Once she hears that everyone in the room has the steady breathing that comes with being asleep, Vhaidara slowly gets up and makes her way to the door, opening it and walking down the hall to Prometheus' lab.

Stealth : [roll0]

Oseyerys
2014-06-11, 06:24 PM
Vhaidara

You manage to sneak past your pack into the study of Prometheus. The old man is asleep and Peter is as well. You quite easily make it over to the shelves where the alchemist stores his items. Two shelves contain ingredients while one contains many potions and elixirs and the fourth contains material with which to make the potions such as mortar and pestles, empty flasks, and the like.

Vhaidara
2014-06-11, 06:47 PM
Vhaidara looks over the ingredients shelf. Lacking labels, she relies on her own experience in...alternative crafting.

Craft (Alchemy) : [roll]1d20+6[/roll[

dextercorvia
2014-06-12, 10:21 PM
Corine snores softly as she dreams of lazing in a sunwarmed river waiting for unsuspecting prey.

Oseyerys
2014-06-13, 08:22 AM
Vhaidara

Your experience in crafting pays off as you are able to identify most of the items on the shelves while Prometheus and Peter continue to sleep.

Vhaidara
2014-06-13, 08:33 AM
Vhaidara grabs a jar and heads back to her room.

Stealth : [roll0]

Oseyerys
2014-06-13, 09:13 PM
Night passes and you all wake up the next day to the smell of Peter in the kitchen once more. The late morning sunlight shines into the house as you enjoy the delicious meal Peter has prepared for you all. It is after the noontime meal that Prometheus emerges from his study and approaches you all.

"Go about your business today with caution", he says, "With the appearance of Artemis and the conversation overheard by Faraam yesterday, the old pack is planning something. I don't know what for yet but this is why we must be extra vigilant and watch our backs. I need to make a run into the market to discuss matters with the person you are to meet tomorrow morning. I shall return sometime in the afternoon. Be on lookout all of you."

Sir Dancealot
2014-06-13, 09:45 PM
Having woken up hours before everyone else, Faraam had already eaten. And already dressed herself in her worn leathers. If someone looked carefully, they could see the myriad of stitches the outfit had received, as if it had been torn near to shreds then carefully patched back together. She watched and waited until her... savior left. She owed the man her life, even if she didn't particularly care for what she had become. After a moment, she would poke Korbin and jerk her head towards the door out, indicating for the man to follow her.

dextercorvia
2014-06-13, 09:48 PM
Corine

Prometheus. Corine says, looking at the others for backup. You should not go out alone with them out there. With Alistair gone, you should take some of us.

Enyalius
2014-06-14, 11:22 AM
Having eaten, and dressed,, Korbin is surprised that Faraam seeks to speak with him, nodding his head in assent, he gets up and then moves his hands in a manner as if to say 'lead the way', willing to follow if only to satisfy his curiosity of why she wants to talk with him.

Vhaidara
2014-06-14, 12:48 PM
Vhaidara nods.
Corine's right. Just last night you said no one should leave the house for a while, and now you want to go wandering around on your own? Aren't you supposed to be the smart one around here?

Oseyerys
2014-06-14, 04:25 PM
Prometheus shakes his head, "No, if in fact Artemis and the old pack are looking for me, they will be expecting as much. I must go alone. Besides", he adds gruffly as if offended at the insinuation that he is unable to look after himself, "I was dodging Artemis and the old pack since before you even had lycanthrope venom in you all."

With this he pulls out a vial with a purplish liquid inside, "Behold!", he says holding it up for you all to see, "My crown jewel of accomplishments!... next to you all of course. I have made these for just such of needing to pass by unnoticed by those who would recognize me."

Vhaidara
2014-06-14, 04:36 PM
Vhaidara doesn't back down.
Will it be strong enough to hide you from whatever magic they have? We can't afford to lost you in this fight. At least tell us what it is you are going to do. Unless you answer that, I'm not letting you leave without one of us.
She means it completely. Until one of the pack masters potion making, they need the old man for healing.

Oseyerys
2014-06-14, 04:45 PM
Prometheus waves dismissively at Vhaidara as she holds her ground in the argument and says, "Yes yes, trust me this potion will render me completely invisible to them. Rayne would literally have to pick me out of a crowd to see me for who I am", seeing Vhaidara is still not convinced he sighs and says, "Alright alright, if it makes you feel better, Peter will go with me."

Vhaidara
2014-06-14, 05:21 PM
And if you are attacked, how will Peter help you?
She turns to Peter
No offense meant if you turn out to be some badass martial artist or something, but as far as I know, you're just another human. Also known as a tasty snack for any of the people hunting Prometheus.

dextercorvia
2014-06-14, 05:59 PM
*Vhaidara* Clearly he has his mind set, and we will not change it. I have other preparations to attend to, anyway

May I remind you who healed you last night? :smallwink:

Oseyerys
2014-06-14, 09:33 PM
Peter simply looks at Vhaidara and shrugs.

Vhaidara
2014-06-14, 09:41 PM
Vhaidara looks back at the old alchemist.
See? He wouldn't be able to help you if you were attacked. I'm going, end of story.

Oseyerys
2014-06-14, 11:14 PM
Prometheus nods at Vhaidara, "I know he may not look like much but that's the beauty of it. Who do you think trained the old pack? Alistair was one of them so it wasn't him. In fact, who do you think indirectly trained you? I have my studying and experiments to attend to. Peter took care of the old pack's training and such. He trained Alistair who trained you all. There is nothing you know that he doesn't in the way of how you act and think, which is why he is more equipped to come with me than any of you. Peter is a master tactician and he's pretty handy with knives as well. He knows how the old pack thinks because he trained them all. Vhaidara, he can keep me more safe than you can right now."

At this commendation Peter simply holds up three kitchen knives he was using to make breakfast and clumsily drops one. He looks at you all sheepishly and stoops over to pick it up.

Vhaidara
2014-06-14, 11:28 PM
Vhaidara looks over Peter as he drops the knife.
I suppose it makes sense. Wasn't sure if maybe you had another pack before them you weren't telling us about. I guess I'll trust your judgment.
Her eyes narrow at Peter.
You let him get himself killed, and I will find you myself, and I will feed you to the rats. That, I promise you.

Oseyerys
2014-06-15, 10:44 AM
Peter takes a few steps back as Vhaidara makes her threats and he clutches his kitchen knives to his chest.

"Right then", Prometheus says to everyone assembled, "Go about your business, be on lookout, and we shall meet this evening for your briefing for tomorrow."

With that he turns heel and walks back to his lab.

Vhaidara
2014-06-15, 11:00 AM
Vhaidara turns to Corine.
I'm following him.

dextercorvia
2014-06-15, 12:35 PM
Corine

*Vhaidara*I figured. I'm coming with you. I just thought it would be easier not to argue with him. If things get ugly, I can fight without shifting.

I hope it's okay that I spent Channel attempts before going to sleep last night. If anyone was still down a HP or two, I would have hit them, too. In the future I'll make sure to mention it somewhere.

Vhaidara
2014-06-16, 10:44 AM
Vhaidara grins at Corine
Yeah, I saw you fighting last night. Let's hope the other pack isn't drunk if they try to attack.

dextercorvia
2014-06-16, 01:57 PM
It is hard swinging at someone that keeps falling down. Maybe I should have a couple shots of bourbon first, just in case.

Sir Dancealot
2014-06-16, 02:40 PM
Faraam spoke, and there was something peculiar about how she spoke,*Everyone but Korbin* "Fantastic. We're in accord then. Please don't stomp loudly as you follow." Ah. That was it. She had never strung more than four or five words together at once around the Pack.. And usually they weren't even complete sentences. There wasn't even a grunt at the end!

Enyalius
2014-06-16, 05:26 PM
Korbin follows quietly, not speaking due to the fact that he doesn't know what to say, waiting for Faraam to tell him we she ask for him to follow before speaking.

Oseyerys
2014-06-16, 10:11 PM
To those assembled

After about a half hour Prometheus emerges once more from his study. You barely recognize him as he appears to be an old man (older than he already was) and he has a cloak around his shoulders with the hood up. He is hunched over and uses a walking stick to stabilize himself as he approaches you.

"Taa-daa!", he says as he looks at you all, "The effects of my potion. I don't resemble my old, well not old compared to this... but you know I don't resemble my former self. Now don't worry the effects aren't permanent they will only last a few hours which is why I must be off to meet with our contact. Take care everyone and I shall see you all later. Peter! We're leaving!"

With that, the old man draws the cloak around himself and heads out the door with his walking stick. Peter, who emerges from the study as well also follows him. Peter is also dressed in different garb. He is dressed in a cloak as well but the likes of which conceal anything beneath the cloak. He glances at you all, nods in dismissal, and follows the old man. After Peter leaves you are all alone to do as you will.

Vhaidara
2014-06-16, 10:23 PM
Vhaidara nods to Corine and slips out after Prometheus.

Sir Dancealot
2014-06-16, 10:38 PM
*Korbin*"Watch my back Kitty. We're doing something stupid. I overheard a conversation last night and I didn't want to follow them alone, so off we go into a land of merry doom. It's only been eight hours or so, so we might be able to pick up their trail. You up for it?" Now this? This was a godsdamn monologue from the woman. This was probably more words at once than she had said in an entire week.

dextercorvia
2014-06-17, 01:15 PM
Corine is right behind Vhaidara. She considers using a spell to disguise herself, but decides that it is best to save such things for later. Instead, like the were-rat, she tries to blend into the crowd.

Stealth [roll0]
Perception [roll1] Keeping an eye on Peter and the Boss.

Enyalius
2014-06-18, 05:15 PM
Hearing her plan , Korbin wonders what their target would be that is so dangerous... but seeing as he doesn't have anything better planned for today he might as well go along with it.

*Faraam* "Sure, not like I had anything better to do today, but before we head off, I need to say and ask a few things. First, don't call me Kitty. Second, what are we tracking that's so dangerous. And finally, not that I'm protesting but, if it's so dangerous why did you ask me to come along?" He asks the last question, knowing he's not the greatest fighter that the pack has.

Sir Dancealot
2014-06-18, 05:22 PM
*Korbin* "Sure thing Cat." She leans over and pops open a sewer grate after making sure no one is watching. Hopping down she motions for Korbin to come with her. *Korbin* "We'll be tracking the other pack back to their lair if we can. Or wherever their trail ends." She walks quickly down the drain, heading out of the city. "I want you because I don't want a fight. Need another pair of eyes that can move quietly."

Enyalius
2014-06-18, 05:35 PM
Following her into the sewers, and crinkling his nose as the smell hits him, he hurries after her, staying close.

*Faraam* "Ah, well stealth I can do," He says, confidence but not arrogance in his voice, "And if we survive this we are going to have to celebrate in some way."

Sir Dancealot
2014-06-18, 05:53 PM
"We'll get some cake." She says simply, and doesn't really say anything else until they get to the clearing. Walking more carefully if needed. "Here. Give me a minute."

If there are no penalties for Failure, I will take 20 on this.

otherwise, Tracking! [roll0] - I can track a 7 1/2 Hour old Trail otherwise.

Oseyerys
2014-06-19, 09:14 PM
Vhaidara and Corine

You begin to tail Prometheus and Peter as they wander towards the richer parts of the city. This area, you know is where most of the magi would be as they were somewhat esteemed in Rivvenheim. The trail left by the old man and his assistant leads you through many winding streets and it is not long before any normal person would be lost. In fact you're fairly certain you have seen the same sleeping homeless beggar for the third time on this walk. So far you see nothing out of the ordinary and no one has stopped the scientist or his assistant.

Faraam and Korbin

Your trail leads you back to the clearing you last saw the duo from the previous night. You manage to pick up a trail based on scent and tracks that leads you down a path of foliage where, five minutes later, you emerge into another clearing. This one has three pitched tents and a cold fire pit at its center with a few ashes floating off of some charred logs.

Sir Dancealot
2014-06-19, 10:44 PM
Faraam slunk down low, motioning for Korbin to follow at a distance in case one of them was seen. Testing the air again, she moved quietly towards thr downwind portion of the camp, checking if anyone was in the camp with her eyes, ears and nose.

Awareness: [roll1]

Enyalius
2014-06-20, 09:15 PM
Korbin keeps low, using all his skills in stealth to follow Faraam, all the while pray to the gods that they will survive this,

'Gods, protect us, for we are about to do something stupid.'

stealth, (please don't let this suck) [roll0]
Perception for Traps [roll1]
Perception for anything else [roll2]

dextercorvia
2014-06-20, 09:32 PM
Corine

I have a weird feeling about this. Corine eyes the sleeping beggar, and puts her head close to Vhaidara. I thought we were headed for the market. Why haven't the guards shooed that fellow off?

Vhaidara
2014-06-20, 09:55 PM
Vhaidara's eyes narrow.
Wait a second...
She chants a few words and looks ahead at "Prometheus" and Peter, still following.

Detect Magic.

Oseyerys
2014-06-23, 08:47 PM
Korbin and Faraam

You sneak your way into the camp and soon realize the subtlety is unnecessary as the camp is void of inhabitants. Your tracking does not lie however as you can see that the tracks left by the bear, which have since turned into human footprints lead you to this location, as well as slightly smaller human footprints which you presume to be the woman you saw. Your scent also tells you that the two you encountered spent some time here, leading you to the conclusion that they had been here for a few days.

Vhaidara and Corine

Vhaidara casts her spell and it is apparent that, while Peter does not have any arcane aura on him, Prometheus is practically bleeding it. Something is definitely off as one potion would not cause that much magical essence to surround the old man.

Vhaidara
2014-06-23, 08:54 PM
Vhaidara curses and runs at Peter, attempting to tackle him to the ground.
You bastard! Where is he?

Grapple: [roll0]

dextercorvia
2014-06-23, 10:05 PM
Corine hurried after Vhai. What is she doing? Crap, she's attacking Peter! Her thoughts raced. *Vhaidara*What did you see? Why are you doing that to poor Peter?

Sir Dancealot
2014-06-24, 09:18 AM
"Uh. Split up and search for clues I suppose?" She shrugged at Korbin before shuffling into the camp.

I figure I probably need to roll something.

[roll0] - I'm blind though, so that's a plus.

Enyalius
2014-06-24, 11:35 AM
"Sounds as much of a good idea as any," He nods in agreement, "Keep an eye out for traps, and make sure not to disturb to much we should just take a small look and leave.. the longer we're here the more chance we will be caught." he then gives his own advise.

after he finishes speaking he moves to the tent closest to him and moves inside, careful of any traps that may be there.

Perception for Traps [roll0]
If traps are found I will avoid them if possible (as to leave as little evidence of me being here as possible), if I can't then [roll1] to disable.
Perception for anything else [roll2]

Oseyerys
2014-06-26, 08:10 PM
Vhaidara and Corine

Prometheus suddenly disappears and Peter looks at Vhaidara wide-eyed as she firmly grips onto him. Wordlessly he fumbles for his pocket and, before anyone have time to think he is grabbing something to defend himself, he pulls out a letter and gives it to his assailant.

Vhaidara,
You didn't really think I thought you'd let me go alone did you? Child, I may be old but I'm not daft. I knew you would follow me and so, as we walked, as soon as it was convenient for us, Peter and I set up a decoy for you to follow. Don't hurt him by the way, he only did what I asked. Besides I did not lie about him being a valuable asset. My contact demands that I come alone, especially with the recent news of the old Pack back in Rivvenheim. The mission she needs you all for is something that cannot get to the wrong ears. Yell at me all you want when I return home but for now, remember this lesson. Not all is as it seems at first. This will be crucial if you encounter Artemis again. You still have a lot to learn and your eagerness will be the death of you if you rush everything.
-P

Faraam and Korbin

You two scour the camp looking for anything that could be a hint as to who the inhabitants of the camp were and why. Finding no traps, it is not long before Korbin comes across a small piece of paper in the northernmost tent, one that is rolled up in a canister that a messenger hawk might carry. Opening it up you read two words in crimson ink: Quarion's Scepter.

Vhaidara
2014-06-26, 08:26 PM
Vhaidara reads the letter, then looks at Peter
I'm sorry I yelled at you Peter.
She goes to hug him.

Assuming he doesn't stop her, this action is followed by her knee swiftly rising into Peter's crotch.

I'm going to go with Bluff to lure him in and the dirty trick combat maneuver for the crotch-shot.
Bluff: [roll0]
DT: [roll1]

Oseyerys
2014-06-27, 12:30 AM
Vhaidara

Peter is wary of your sudden "change of heart" but accepts the hug. His eyes then bug out of his head as your knee makes contact with his groin. Peter drops like a sack of potatoes and rolls around hugging his stomach for a little bit before fumbling around his other pocket for something. He then hands you another slip of paper and continues to remain in the fetal position while you read.

Vhaidara,
What part of "don't hurt him" didn't you understand?
-P

dextercorvia
2014-06-27, 01:06 AM
Vhai, I didn't know you felt that way about Peter. How sweet. Corine is stunned, but catches on quickly when she sees the notes. Let's get you two lovebirds back to the nest before we attract any more attention.

Sir Dancealot
2014-06-27, 08:02 AM
*Korbin*"The hell is that?" She asked Korbin, looking around him to see what he had found. She frowned at the words. They didn't mean anything in particular to her.

Vhaidara
2014-06-27, 08:52 AM
Vhaidara looks over at Corine.
My patience is wearing a little thin lately.
She stalks back to Prometheus base, leaving Peter rolling on the ground.

dextercorvia
2014-06-27, 02:36 PM
Oh, come on Peter. Let's go home and get you some ice. Corine offered her hand to the fallen man. As they walked back, she wheedled for information. I don't suppose you have a letter in one of those pockets that explains how he pulled it off, do you?

Enyalius
2014-06-28, 07:59 AM
Returning the paper to it's previous location, he turns to Faraam,

*Faraam* "no idea but it's something... now we should leave before anyone comes back." he speaks in a quiet voice, tuning his ears to try to hear if there is anyone other than the two of them there.

Pausing for a moment something occurred to him, *Faraam* "On the way back we should probably look for things to break our scent trail, that way they won't be able to find us like we found them."

So [roll0] perception, plus [roll1] stealth the entrance of the tent and a second look outside, [roll2] then another stealth roll to get away [roll3], and one more perception to find things that can break a scent trail on the way back [roll4].