PDA

View Full Version : A Great Flood IC

Sansamadonochan
2014-04-24, 07:50 PM
You awake to an intense throbbing in the back of your head. You sit up and stretch. Except your hands are tied behind your back. The room has no lights, but slivers of sunlight stream through cracks in the walls, and ceiling. The boards creak, and the room seems to gently toss about. The last you remember, you were on the Bell Heir, a massive boat, made for housing many. It even had a farm.

You also remember a tussle with some thugs. You got in one little fight. And, now, you're tied up in a dark room. You feel the presence of others around you. As far as you can tell, this is a different ship. The Bell Heir was built much to well to have cracks big enough for light.

I know it's short. But, how much can I really describe a dark room?

Rysc
2014-04-24, 09:26 PM
Esen winces and attempts to rub her throbbing head. What in the world...? She isn't on the Bell Heir anymore, that much is certain. A smaller ship, probably, from the pitch and roll. And a much more poorly constructed one. It's amazing (and rather unfortunate) that the room isn't filled with water.

And there are others, apparently. She vaguely remembers some kind of fight. Well, it probably hadn't gone well. Pirates, maybe? Maybe the others knew. If they were conscious, that is.

She tentatively addresses the others figures. "Well, we've definitely gotten ourselves into a mess. All your limbs still functioning properly?"

Prehysterical
2014-04-24, 09:34 PM
"If by functioning proper, you mean I can't move me damn arms, sure."

Snipe's black feathers blend near perfectly in the darkness, making it difficult to see him. Most of the other figures in the room are larger, which further conceals him from view. Sighing, he asks,

"Oretar, me ole mate, how did these bounders get the drop on us? We ain't even on the Bell Heir anymore!"

He doesn't even try to undo the bonds around his wrists. If there's one thing he's learned after living on a floating piece of wood for a while, it's that everyone and their mother knows how to tie a good knot.

Vhaidara
2014-04-24, 10:22 PM
I don't know, but they will die for taking my sword.
Oretar looks around, his ancestry allowing him to see through the darkness, trying to find a door.

Elbeyon
2014-04-24, 11:36 PM
Rashaz tossed in his forcefully induced sleep, dreaming of rougher things than a thug fight. Stirring awake the ship's light to managed to catch his eyes shortly. Their split pupils narrowed and focused. He reacted first to the throbbing, but his mind paced farther trying to put together last night until one idea was prominent. They were shanghaied. Audible aches escaped his mouth as he raised to his knees; squinting to find out who else was with him.

He lets out a guttural chuckle as he realized he's stuck with his crew. "It is a mistake tae capture a lizardfolk insteid ay killin' heem. Uir claws ur loch daggers an' uir mooths strang as turtles. Fa wants tae be free first?" He asks with the snap of his jaw and movement in his clawed feet.

piercetbh
2014-04-24, 11:41 PM
It made no sense to Harrison that not only he but the entire group here had all fallen to what he remembered as a small pack of thugs. It seemed reasonable to assume that there was a foe in play of higher power, or at least cunning, than any one of them would have expected to deal with on this ship. He calmly fidgeted about with the ropes binding him, wondering if they were magically enhanced; nobody would have trusted a group like this with an ordinary set of ropes, and so it was doubtful they would be able to simply weasel out. For all he knew the ropes themselves could punish him for resisting, and so he continued to remain silent and still as he attempted to survey his surroundings, ignoring the chatter between his allies.

drayen
2014-04-25, 12:38 AM
Slowly stirring, the elf fought his way clear of the black. Eyelids fluttering, he began to see shapes which quickly resolved themselves into his companions. "Wha's happen'?"

Attempting to rise, he finds his hands bound and he struggles against the bounds for a brief moment before realizing that the bonds are too well tied for such a quick escape. He calms himself, closing his eyes and concentrating to reach out for his truest friend, he conveys feelings of urgency and need.

Elbeyon
2014-04-25, 06:41 AM
Rashaz turns to face Aur noss'Faragyrth with what appears to be a grin if such a thing is even possible for a lizardfolk. Still quite, he answers simply, "Shanghaied. Ah will free ye aur; dornt fash yerse." With his bindings keeping him relatively immobile the lizardfolk starts to inch his way over to his boss. Attempting to knock him to the floor for he can get at the ropes better with his mouth. "Dornt move ur else ah will bite yer hans aff."

OoC: My last IC post until a dm post. :smallwink:

Sansamadonochan
2014-04-25, 07:12 AM
You get the feeling your truest friend is still alive, and not far away.

You hear murmuring outside the room. Footsteps start to pound above you, probably not helping your headache any. You hear a lock being interacted with from above. A bright square explodes into your vision, again, probably no good for the headache. You can see the rest of the room, though.

The ship is now even more obviously poorly built, with some boards being held on by nails that are not even pounded in correctly. There is obvious water damage around the edges of the room, and more than a few spots sport fungal growth. The mold is yellow, and you can easily see a patch of it in all four corners, as well as one on the south wall. You look at yourself, and see you at least still have your clothes.

You look up into the square of light, now, after having let your eyes adjust. You see a massive head, with a black smile. It seems nearly human, but distorted. "Shu'p i' th're" is says, drooling a puddle into the room. "Oy d'n wanna 'af tuh 'ill ya."

Prehysterical
2014-04-25, 08:35 AM
Glad to finally have a target to vent his frustration on, Snipe snarks, "Blow it out your rear, you scurvy git! If you really wanted us dead, you wouldn't have gone to all this trouble. What leaky little tub is this, anyway?"

The tengu readies himself to reposition in case the stranger decides to drool on him.

Vhaidara
2014-04-25, 09:53 AM
Stranger, I must recommend you free us and return my blade to me.
Oretar is standing very close to the door when the man opens it. Attempting subtlety first, he tries to slip the ropes.

Escape Artist: [roll0]

Sansamadonochan
2014-04-25, 10:02 AM
The ropes dig into your wrists, but not much else happens.

The target disappears for a moment, leaving the square open. He then jumps into the room feet first, causing the boards to groan, and a couple to crack. He stands well above anyone else in the room, and much sturdier. he leans down enough to be face to face with the Tengu, "You wut mate?". His breath smells worse than the mold in the room, and he drools on the Tengu's feet.

Rysc
2014-04-25, 11:22 AM
Esen wonders what exactly the oread had intended to accomplish by requesting his sword. The...guard was already aggravated enough as it was. On the other hand, she doubted anything would happen even if he wasn't.

As he leans over the tengu, she raises her voice. "My apologies, but we are all understandably irate, and rather inconvenienced by this happening. Would you be so kind as to enlighten us concerning our situation?" After a pause, she adds some clarification. "As in, what in the world is this...ship--term used very loosely, of course--called, and why in the world are we needed here?"

Diplomacy: [roll0]

Vhaidara
2014-04-25, 11:35 AM
Oretar, concerned about the safety of his friend, begins to strain against his bindings.
If you want a fight, fight me you idiot

Strength to break out of the ropes: [roll0]

Sansamadonochan
2014-04-25, 12:59 PM
The giant turned its gaze to Esen, and grunted, still obviously annoyed. "Ain't got no name yet." He relaxed his stance, "'eep quiet down 'ere, or I'mma 'ave tuh come back." He reached up towards the square in the ceiling, and began to haul himself up, mumbling incoherently.

The ropes dig into your wrists even harder, beginning to draw blood.

Ropes are ridiculous, guys. Like, for a 1 inch rope, the strength DC is 21. And escaping a rope tied by an ogre is borderline impossible. I was unaware of how OP rope was before now.

Elbeyon
2014-04-25, 01:17 PM
Rashaz mutters, "Noo keep quite while Ah free ye troaps." He kneels, a hard task while your tied up, for his mouth is in range of the Oread's bindings. Sorta like chewing on rocks and yarn he gnarls at the ropes using his fangs to try an cut Oretar's ropes. Once he's successful he'll repeat the task on the others surrounding him.

Vhaidara
2014-04-25, 01:38 PM
Oretar stop his struggling and quiets down, trusting his shipmate. What else is he supposed to do?

Sansamadonochan
2014-04-25, 01:44 PM
Can we all just agree to skip the biting? We'd pick up with everyone free'd and such.

Elbeyon
2014-04-25, 06:41 PM
His mouth full of fibers he smacks his mouth together as if he ate something foul tasting. Asking for help from the others he slips from his own bounds at last. In a hushed whisper, "Lit us keep it quite. Noo 'at uir hans ur free Ah say we escape ben th' dyke ur fluir. Th' boards swatch loch they're barely hangin' oan we shoods wedge puckle it an' escape 'at way."

Elbeyon
2014-04-26, 06:17 PM
OoC: Sorry for the double post...

With looks of criticism abound Rashaz takes a few moments of their silence before trying to come up with a different plan. He moves to the walls and tries to peer through the cracks of their poorly made cage. Seeing what he can learn about their captives. How many people are on deck. What types of rooms seem to surround their own.

Perception
[roll0]

Vhaidara
2014-04-26, 06:25 PM
Oretar decides that a plan is in order. He speaks in hushed tones.
If we wait until dark, I can help boost us out. Can anyone else see in the dark?

Sansamadonochan
2014-04-26, 09:00 PM
You see four sets of legs on the deck above you. you also see two doors, presumably at the front and back of the ship. You also see what may be hinges for a second trap door.

Elbeyon
2014-04-26, 11:25 PM
The lizard shakes his head at the samurai's question. The day was his hunting ground and night was just as much as his enemy to him as it was others. He flattens his clawed hand and makes an upside down piece sign, wiggling it to imitate walking then shows four fingers. He points up then seems to lose interest in trying to peer out of the cracks above them.

Without enough light to see into the surrounding rooms he makes his way to some of the looser looking boards. He wraps his claws around one and gently wiggles it to try and see how weak they truly were. With no intention off pulling a panel off he lets go and waits to see what the others want to do.

drayen
2014-04-27, 01:06 AM
Aur nods in appreciation of the lizardman's efforts. Gingerly rubbing the knot on his head, he looks around. The light coming in through the cracks gave him enough to see by and look at who was with him. "Lads, this is a rough spot and I have no idea how they managed to catch us unawares. Before we try to make an escape, we need to gather what resources we have at our disposal, so we can make an educated guess at what we may accomplish."

drayen
2014-04-27, 01:14 AM
Apologies for the double post.

Aur thinks on what he know about ogres for any advantage the group can use. Knowledge (local) [roll0]

Wow, that may still be enough if our GM considers an ogre to be a common monster.

Vhaidara
2014-04-27, 01:15 AM
Oretar maintains his hushed tone as he explains a possible plan of escape.
I may be able to arm myself and get us out at the same time. My heritage will allow me to turn any iron into a blade.

piercetbh
2014-04-27, 01:56 AM
Finally, the quiet man spoke.

"Hmm, interesting. If there's enough of the substance in here, could you make weapons for all of us?" He asked Oretar. He was no expert on the strength of an Ogre, but he could assume that the group of them, if armed with suitable weapons, would be capable of taking down four of the things.

Vhaidara
2014-04-27, 02:00 AM
Oretar shakes his head.
No. My ancestry allows me to shape metal into a blade, but I am only able to use the power once before I must rest and recharge the magic.

drayen
2014-04-27, 02:26 AM
"That's great, Oretar! It is a very useful ability and will help us overcome these pirates." Aur encourages the Oread. "Now, how can the rest of us contribute to this escape?" Aur asks as he looks around to the rest of the prisoners.

Sansamadonochan
2014-04-27, 09:23 AM
I don't mind giving out partial knowledge. How often do you forget literally every aspect of a thing?
You remember that they are often strong, but not very bright. You also recall a story, describing the horrible things they do to their prey, for sport.

The boards are flexible, to a degree. It would take a small feat of strength to break them, but only a small one. (Strength DC:10)

Rysc
2014-04-27, 08:02 PM
Esen thoughtfully rubs her chaffed wrists. "Well, I'm afraid I can't help you much in the weapons department, but given enough water--and I'm surprised this ship isn't already up to our waists in water--I might be able to get us out. Some of us, at any rate. Or block a door, or something."

Elbeyon
2014-04-27, 09:01 PM
Deciding to leave the boards alone for now he moves in toward the others and whispers in hushed tones. "Th' walls ur as weak as they swatch. We coods easily pull aff some panels an' escape 'at way. Esen. Can ye sense water ur woods ye need tae be able tae see it?"

"The walls are as weak as they look. We could easily pull off some panels and escape that way. Esen. Can you sense water or would you need to be able to see it"

drayen
2014-04-28, 12:57 AM
The elf looks around at his shipmates again before speaking. "Mates, it's all well and good that we are eager to escape and earn some payback on these galoots who captured us, but we need a solid plan. Step one, gather our resources."

He looks to the Undine. "You can manipulate water if you can get access to it. How close does it need to be? For that to work, do we need something to gather up the water?"

Turning to the Lizardfolk, You have fangs and claws. There's a ready made fighter."

Next, the Oread, "You can fashion a metal weapon from hasps, latches and other bits. Is there enough metal here for you to make something? If so, that gives us potentially two fighters out of the gate."

Finding the Tengu in the near darkness, "How about you, friend? What do you have available to support the effort?"

Not forgetting the quiet man, "I know you're a sneaky blighter, what tricks do you have up your sleeve?"

Taking the time to listen to their responses, the elf adds, "I know a bit about ogres. They're big, dumb and easily fooled. They have incredibly short tempers, as we've already witnessed and I have an idea that could help us dispatch one with only his own efforts doing the work. He points to the floor directly underneath the trapdoor. Did any of you notice how when that ogre jumped down here, he almost went through the floor? You can see that he actually cracked some of the boards. If we were to loosen some of those and weaken others, then bait him back here, he could jump down again and go straight through the floor. If we're lucky, he'll end up too low to easily get back at us. We might even get another of them to come looking to see what has happened. We could ambush that one with our ready made fighters and any other able to contribute."

piercetbh
2014-04-28, 02:21 AM
"I can become unseen, as a ghost. Literally, I am able to make myself invisible, but only for very short periods of time; barely more than twenty seconds, and I'd rather not waste it all in such a binge. Beyond that, I have an array of more ordinary skills; I can find and disable traps, lie to foolish men or steal from their pockets. I've also been known to conjure disguises, though I won't exactly be dressing up as an Ogre."

He listened to the Elf's plan.

"Aye, it's a clever plan, though it could produce a lot of noise...I suppose that's what you want to happen. But if the first of our foes attracts another over, why won't they all come to check it out? That could be a problem. The Lizardfolk may have the right idea. We could move through the walls, but we'd have to be very quiet."

Elbeyon
2014-04-28, 04:46 AM
Rashaz gives a grunt of disapproval as the two give long speeches. "Enaw gab." The folk's tail swings close to his body when he turns and moves to the wall. "Oretar, ye ur strang. Help me remove these boards. A' fowk, help escape."

Rashaz gives a grunt of disapproval as the two give long speeches. "Enough talk." The folk's tail swings close to his body when he turns and moves to the wall. "Oretar, you are strong. Help me remove these boards. Everyone, help escape."

Vhaidara
2014-04-28, 05:06 AM
Oretar makes his way over to help disassemble the boards.

Sansamadonochan
2014-04-28, 12:05 PM
Just telling you I havent jumped ship yet. I don't think theres anything you need from me, quite yet. The boards are strength DC 10 to break. It'll be pretty loud though.

Vhaidara
2014-04-28, 12:56 PM
Oretar pulls a nail from the wall.
Is everyone ready? I'll break down the wall.

When I get the go from everyone, I'll take 10 if I can for a 14. Otherwise: [roll0]

Rysc
2014-04-28, 02:17 PM
"Well, the water would need to be in relatively close range. About thirty feet or so. And it doesn't need to be collected, though that would be helpful, as I'd need somewhat of a large amount to be useful."

Esen nervously glances up at the hatch, then at the oread standing ready at the wall. "That will probably be very...loud. Any chance you could try to pry some boards off instead? The nails are practically falling out already."

Elbeyon
2014-04-28, 03:50 PM
Rashaz nods at his cooperating friend. Gives himself a bit of distance, alongside Oretar and wedges his scaled fingers around the nailed bits of the board. A painful task considering that the plank just below him is bashing into his fingers with the same types of movements. Wincing at the pain but not stopping he isn't going to let such a petty thing keep him from living.

Str Check
I'd take 10 if possible but since I don't believe that's allowed: [roll0]

Prehysterical
2014-04-28, 09:07 PM
This whole time, Snipe has been vigorously rubbing the drool off of his feet as if it were some flesh-devouring ooze. As the others discuss their plan, he is struck by realization and pats his clothing, hoping to find his hidden daggers. Sadly, they too have been confiscated.

Sagging a bit in disappointment, he watches the lizardfolk and oread pull at the boards. Snipe whispers,

"Let me be one of the first ones out. My beak's not the best weapon I've ever used, but I have used it to poke a bloke's eye out once or twice."

He still remains in the same spot, nervously eyeing the open space above.

drayen
2014-04-29, 01:56 AM
The elf shakes his head at the lizardfolk's rash impatience. Stepping up to the center of the room under the trapdoor, he raises a foot waiting for the moment that they make noise prying out the slats to slam his foot down on one of the cracked floorboards, hoping to further weaken it.

[roll0]

Vhaidara
2014-04-29, 09:21 AM
Oreatar grins for once.
So, Snipe my old friend, once more into the breach?

Prehysterical
2014-04-29, 08:48 PM
Snipe winks and his beak gets as close to a cheeky grin as it can as he answers the samurai.

"You better believe it, mate. I'll try and leave some for you. Don't want you feeling left out, wot?"

piercetbh
2014-04-30, 01:46 AM
"Don't be overconfident...Snipe. There is no honour in rushing into battle if you lose afterwards."

Eyeing the wall that the team was about to pick apart, Harrison moved over and stood by them, preparing to slip through the gap. He was keen to get out of this room, as up against the beasts above he had few options. He figured that his Vanishing Trick would allow him to make a decent distraction, making noise and disturbing things without being seen, but that on its own would not be enough to secure a victory.

Moving to the wall, and readying an action to go invisible and go in as soon as anyone else who goes this turn is through.

Sansamadonochan
2014-04-30, 11:36 AM
Oretar and Rashaz pull their boards. One of them snaps, making a sound about at loud as someone stomping on the ground. You hear movement from above and shouting in a tongue that is definitely not Common. The trap door pulls open, and you see another ogre. Or maybe the same, you honestly can't tell them apart. Glaring down at you. He sees your lack of binds, and immediately steps away from the door, preparing to jump in. When he pulls back, you see clouds start to roll in. A few drops of rain fall. Fortunately, you're all inside and unaffected.

Vhaidara
2014-04-30, 12:09 PM
Rashaz, go. I'll hold him off and bring up the rear.
Oretar clutches the nail to his side, calling upon his ancestry to shape the meta and grow it into a blade resembling his own and stepping forward, positioning himself next to where the ogre landed when he jumped down previously.

Using Ferrous Growth to turn the nail into a Katana, but treating it as not drawn (held at waist, lacking a sheathe), and moving into position to be next to the Ogre when he lands (based off of the last time one jumped down)
Initiative (since I have no doubt it will be needed soon): [roll0]

Prehysterical
2014-04-30, 04:11 PM
Damn it, old lad. Looks like I won't be first in, after all.

Snipe repositions so that he is close to Oretar and will be flanking anyone who tries to come down.
If Oretar and Snipe beat the ogre's initiative, I would think they could land AoO's on it as it comes down. In the unlikely event that more than one does, Snipe has Combat Reflexes, which give him more AoO's.

Initiative: [roll0]

Sansamadonochan
2014-04-30, 06:39 PM
I rolled for the ogre's initiative in the testing thread. Got a 14, and they have -2. So, 12 initiative on him.

Rysc
2014-04-30, 07:36 PM
Esen watches as the two ready themselves, then heads for the partially-demolished wall herself, ending up across from Harrison. Might as well scout out the next room, since they'd all be heading that way in the very near future. Not to mention there wasn't exactly much she could do otherwise.

Peering through the hole into the next room (darkvision 60ft) for anything of note (e.g. sleeping ogres, etc.)

And initiative, because: [roll0]

Elbeyon
2014-04-30, 08:57 PM
Tiny droplets of water coming from the trap door leading with wet thuds upon scaly skin. A mix of pleasant and horrifying memories begin to surface. Water was always a welcomed prize but recent events had twisted and prevented something good into nightmares. Eye glancing from the broken boards up to the massive figure overhead they focus as dangers are realized. He gives a loud grunt of approval before thudding to the floor, the boards aching below him. His claws dig into wood as they pull him forward and through the hole. A mystery of a time, all he knows is that there is a wall behind him and he grips it to drag himself up. "Hurry up 'n' retreat!" He yells back to his delaying friends.

Tiny droplets of water coming from the trap door leading with wet thuds upon scaly skin. A mix of pleasant and horrifying memories begin to surface. Water was always a welcomed prize but recent events had twisted and prevented something good into nightmares. Eye glancing from the broken boards up to the massive figure overhead they focus as dangers are realized. He gives a loud grunt of approval before thudding to the floor, the boards aching below him. His claws dig into wood as they pull him forward and through the hole. A mystery of a time, all he knows is that there is a wall behind him and he grips it to drag himself up. "Hurry up and retreat!" He yells back to his delaying friends.

Free Action
Drop to the ground
Move Action
Crawl through the hole
Standard Action
Stand up
Initiative
[roll0]

piercetbh
2014-04-30, 10:21 PM
"Aye, let's move, no point wasting any more time!" The mercenary said, dropping and rolling through the hole they had made and out, just past his ally and into the dark room. There was no time to receive a go-ahead.

Forget the invisibility, I'll just:
Free: Drop Prone
Move: Crawl through Hole
Standard: Crawl to Rashaz's right

drayen
2014-04-30, 11:44 PM
Aur makes a rude gesture at the ogre to gain it's attention.

Ready Action to make a 5' step away from the center of the room and begin a full round cast when the ogre jumps into the hold from the trapdoor.

Initiative: [roll0]
OOC: Ha! I haven't rolled above single digits on this site or Paizo's all month. Might as well end the month the same way.

Sansamadonochan
2014-05-01, 11:14 AM
The Ogre jumps into the room, shattering some floor boards with his landing. His ankle is stuck, but he is still in the room. He shouts something in giantish, no doubt alerting the other ogres to the situation. He stands heads above anyone else, and seems to drool even more while aggravated. His stance is lazy, but something tells you he is not, by any stretch of the imagination, incompetent.

You see barrels, crates, and chests. You are looking into a storage room.

Rysc
Keledrath
Ogre 1
Elbeyon
Drayen

Rysc
2014-05-01, 11:39 AM
Esen curses as she ducks through the wall following the others. What, exactly, were they intending to do once they got out of the room? Take over the ship? The thought of having to fight a whole crew of ogres with no equipment did not exactly thrill her. Though maybe there was something they could use in this room. Seemed to be mostly supplies, though.

As she scans the room, she gestures and speaks a few words. Might as well provide some light for the others, since it was already pretty obvious they were escaping.

Going to move to the next room (presumably a five-foot step, since she was standing right by the wall). Casting Dancing Lights (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/d/dancing-lights) (Standard action) in "four glowing balls" flavor and keeping the lights within the supply room for now.

Also looking around the room (move action) for anything useful (a door or weapon-like objects).
Perception, if necessary for the latter: [roll0]

Vhaidara
2014-05-01, 11:49 AM
Oretar speaks as the Ogre falls
This time, we fight face to face, honorless cur!
He then slashes with his blade, using the technique he learned from his father.

Swift action: Challenge the Ogre. I get +2 damage vs the target of my challenge, and -2 AC vs everyone not the target of my challenge. Remains in effect until my target is unconscious or dead, or combat ends.
Full Round Action: Iiajutsu Strike: full round action, draw my weapon and attack. Deal an extra 1d6 damage, take a -4 to AC until next turn (AC is now 10 vs this ogre)
Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]
Iijutsu Strike Damage: [roll2]

piercetbh
2014-05-02, 05:01 AM
Harrison rolled to his feet and critically scanned the newly illuminated room, noting that it was mostly full of stored items. Perhaps they could find some gear in here to assist the others, though it would be more practical to simply run away then fumble around with crates looking for a pair of ninja weapons.

"Do you see anything?" He muttered to the one who had displayed the room for him with their magic, trying to remain discrete despite how obvious the group had made their scheme.

Move Action: Get up from Prone
Standard Action: Perception Check [roll0]

Prehysterical
2014-05-05, 10:30 PM
Snipe pecks forward with his beak as the ogre lands on the floor, aiming for a soft spot.
I'm assuming I have flanking, so I will include it. If for some reason I don't, just subtract the +2 from the attack roll.
Attack roll: [roll0]
Confirm: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]
Crit Damage: [roll3]