PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Petitioner confusion

Soarel
2014-04-24, 09:15 PM
In the Pathfinder Bestiary 2, there are entries for petitioners (remember them, from Planescape?). In their entry, it states that Lawful Neutral souls who wish to become outsiders are transformed into inevitables in Axiomite creation forges.

However, earlier in the book, it is mentioned that Axiomites form from the souls of Lawful Neutral mortals.

I haven't been able to find any official statements on this from Paizo. Does anyone have any solution to this problem?

Vrock_Summoner
2014-04-24, 09:33 PM
I'm having trouble seeing the discrepency. Lawful Neutral souls are forged into axiomites, axiomites are therefore formed from Lawful Neutral souls who have been forged. What is the problem you find?

Soarel
2014-04-26, 06:49 PM
I'm having trouble seeing the discrepency. Lawful Neutral souls are forged into axiomites, axiomites are therefore formed from Lawful Neutral souls who have been forged. What is the problem you find?

I was saying that one entry says that LN souls become Inevitables and another one says they become Axiomites.

That's the contradiction. You misread it.

Kane0
2014-04-27, 08:26 AM
Axiomites didn't exist in Planescape, they are a Paizo invention to explain inevitables or whatever. I guess a petitioner would be turned into whichever of the two is considered 'lower', then get teansformed as they gain wealth/power/rank.

Edit: i forget, does pathfinder have modrons/formians? Cause they are supposed to live in the same plane as inevitables and might help you out.

jedipotter
2014-04-27, 08:31 AM
I was saying that one entry says that LN souls become Inevitables and another one says they become Axiomites.

That's the contradiction. You misread it.

So....A LN soul can become an Inevitable OR an Axiomites. So what is the contradiction?

Is there some reason LN souls can't be both? I'd guess most become axiomites, and one in a bunch become a inevitable.