PDA

View Full Version : Crime Campaign

Machadawg
2014-04-24, 11:07 PM
I'm about to start running a very RP heavy campaign where my players players are to become DnD crime bosses by being coerced or maybe some of them by choice. The setting will be a D&D Las Vegas style metropolis.

I'm also implementing a homebrew item from this forum called the spellshot pistol to serve as the main ranged weapon.

I need tips on how to make the city really feel alive and move along even if the players aren't. And some help on plot hooks. There will be several other crime families/syndicates to deal and contend with. But they will probably start out with owing some bad men a lot of money and be forced into a life of organized crime.

Any combat will be extremely deadly and gritty I want them to be worried of assassins, gang conflicts, and stray pistol fire/ stabbings. So any tips on how to keep combat deadly would be great. I really want them aware of how easy it can be it just get shot up on the block, so to speak.

Thanks Playgrounders.

Grollub
2014-04-24, 11:17 PM
this reminded me of this thread : http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?189659-PF-GM-Campaign-Journal-Edrigar-Mafia

check it out , it may give you some ideas, or help

Bullet06320
2014-04-25, 01:46 AM
sum ideas
corrupt polititions, corrupt baeuracrats, corrupt cops, bribery goes a long way, and no bribes don't help you
protection rackets, gambling, all range of thefts, If I remember correctly the old 2nd edition thieves book had a good section on crime for thieves guilds

Ravens_cry
2014-04-25, 01:57 AM
Eh, I wouldn't make *everyone* corrupt, or it raises the question how the city runs at all. You can also have harried and overworked people doing their best but are absolutely swamped, young firebrands who are trying to make a difference and possibly ending up as suckers for more powerful forces, tunnel vision bureaucrats who are only willing to help within their very narrow purview, and some people who are just plain incompetent.