PDA

View Full Version : old games I can't remember the names of

thubby
2014-04-25, 03:27 AM
I have a couple, and my google-fu has failed me.

both were for the sega genesis.

one was an R-type style shoot-em-up, but instead of a ship you had a person who hovered. you collected blue coin things which you spent on upgrades to your gun. there were a lot of methology themed elements as the game went on.

the second was a platformer. you played as a red and silver robot. the most notable gameplay feature was that you could shoot little bombs and toggle between whether they shot up, forward, or arced down like a grenade.

help me, playground, you're my only hope! /leia:smalltongue:

TaRix
2014-04-25, 09:29 AM
I have a couple, and my google-fu has failed me.

both were for the sega genesis.

one was an R-type style shoot-em-up, but instead of a ship you had a person who hovered. you collected blue coin things which you spent on upgrades to your gun. there were a lot of methology themed elements as the game went on.

help me, playground, you're my only hope! /leia:smalltongue:

It's a bit of a stab in the dark, but I'd guess that number one is Capcom's "Forgotten Worlds", which was originally an arcade title. If your guy wore shades at night and could aim in any direction, that's probably the title you want.

Don't even have a guess for the other one, sadly.

factotum
2014-04-25, 10:12 AM
It's a bit of a stab in the dark, but I'd guess that number one is Capcom's "Forgotten Worlds", which was originally an arcade title.

I was trying to remember the name of that game! I knew I'd played it on my Amiga years ago, and thought it might be the game he was talking about, but couldn't figure out what it was called...

thubby
2014-04-25, 05:14 PM
It's a bit of a stab in the dark, but I'd guess that number one is Capcom's "Forgotten Worlds", which was originally an arcade title. If your guy wore shades at night and could aim in any direction, that's probably the title you want.

Don't even have a guess for the other one, sadly.

*googles*
YES! thank you! it's been driving me and my brother nuts. we used to rent it from the video store way back when.

TaRix
2014-04-26, 07:54 AM
Hm. This one's probably wrong, but might the other one be Vectorman? The guy -is- a robot, but I don't think the color scheme would be right and the art design/style would probably be more noteworthy.
Also, while he can aim in various directions, it looks more like energy blasts than bombs.

I've only played that one on a couple of Genesis collection discs.

Turrican? ESwat? (even less-likely names.)

A forumer here posted an archive site for all sorts of games sorted by release date. It might help for a brute-force search.