PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Form/Shape spells

Arc_knight25
2014-04-25, 08:00 AM
I was just wondering for the Beast Shape, Undead Anatomy, Monsterous Physique spells. What forms do people generally use for each level of the spell?

Can you mix and match sizes as you wish?

Are there any tricks that you try to use with them?

Since this isn't a straight up polymorph, you still keep your humanoid shape....right?

I ask because I have a dex based Magus thats lvl 15 and I am looking for alternative buffing/abilities.

Sayt
2014-04-25, 08:09 AM
The calikang is an excellent monstrous physique form, especially if you're gm imports the 3.5 rule of more have vs on the he seraph, more damage, bur even so, gaining for our five spare slams never hurt anyone. Which is a lie, but it doesn't hurt the one with the extra a arms.

Arc_knight25
2014-04-25, 09:53 AM
So just looking at the list of what the Calikang has, the IV spell would only give you its size(Large), Breath weapon(energy types listed) and 20 resist electricity.

Can you be a Huge or Dimunitive Calikang? for the different size bonuses?

I'm also going to update the OP so that my question is alittle more clearer.

Yanisa
2014-04-25, 11:06 AM
Can you mix and match sizes as you wish?
Nope, creatures have a set size. Only the DM can modify that size, so maybe if your DM allows it. Besides the only thing that truly changes is size, and I am pretty sure you are better off a Large Monster then upscaled Medium one.

Since this isn't a straight up polymorph, you still keep your humanoid shape....right?
All Shape spells (and the variants that work similar but aren't called shape) ARE straight up polymorph spells. You become the creature, no hint of your original form is left.

Besides that, I am not the greatest expert at polymoprhing so I offer this guide instead:
Polymorphamory - The Love of Changing Form (A guide to shapeshifting) (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1avbOKg848X3Z3dVpmdrpxtR__zan2jj_NzP0uZU9LTw). It has a list of each of the spells and what good forms they can offer. Plus some general polymorph tips.

Arc_knight25
2014-04-25, 01:55 PM
Thats a great little resource.

Are there any others that anyone can think of that would still allow you to weild a weapon and still spell cast?

(remember Dex based Magus)

Sayt
2014-04-26, 02:39 AM
So just looking at the list of what the Calikang has, the IV spell would only give you its size(Large), Breath weapon(energy types listed) and 20 resist electricity.

Can you be a Huge or Dimunitive Calikang? for the different size bonuses?

I'm also going to update the OP so that my question is alittle more clearer.

I'm not sure if there are hard and fast riules on this, but as a GM I'd rule in my games that if a monsters entry gives an example of monsters which have multiple sizes, like the scorpion entry does, you can chance into one of those sizes, however, you can't be a large or diminutive Calikang, for example. Oh, and Calikang dies also give you six slam attacks.

I also remembered this handy-dandy guide (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1avbOKg848X3Z3dVpmdrpxtR__zan2jj_NzP0uZU9LTw/edit) on Pathfinder Polymorphing.