PDA

View Full Version : Complete DnD

Enzario
2007-02-09, 03:37 PM
I am thinking of buying a few more books, including Tome of Battle: The Book of Nine Swords. I was thinking some of the Complete series. I have PHB, PHBII, DMG, MMI (3.5), XPsiH, Unearthed Arcana, and the Draconimicon.

Any suggestions on some of the better Complete books?

pestilenceawaits
2007-02-09, 03:40 PM
Complete warrior is awesome and the complete scoundrel is cool also.

Galathir
2007-02-09, 03:59 PM
I would recommend TOB: Book of Nine Swords. It is one of my favorite D&D splat books and I have already used it for three characters. Just check with your DM first, my wanted to read through it before letting me use it.

Complete Scoundrel is pretty cool as pestilenceawaits mentioned. I just got it so I haven't had time to really read through it, but I did pull out a few things for my Beguiler in a very scoundrel oriented campaign.

pestilenceawaits
2007-02-09, 04:08 PM
My favorite thing about the complete scoundrel and the complete adventurer to a lesser extent are the feats that let different class abilities stack for certain class combinations for example Daring outlaw lets rogue and swashbuckler levels stack for sneak attack and swashbuckler dodge stuff it makes multi-classing more fun.

Darrin
2007-02-09, 04:10 PM
I am thinking of buying a few more books, including Tome of Battle: The Book of Nine Swords. I was thinking some of the Complete series. I have PHB, PHBII, DMG, MMI (3.5), XPsiH, Unearthed Arcana, and the Draconimicon.

Any suggestions on some of the better Complete books?

Tome of Battle... holy criminey do I love this book.

For the Complete stuff, Complete Adventurer and Complete Warrior are the two I dig into most frequently.

Complete Divine I find very frustrating to use. Complete Arcane, not quite so frustrating but I keep hearing about all this amazing cool stuff in Complete Mage, which I don't have.