PDA

View Full Version : e6 question sorcerer

VonDragon
2014-04-25, 10:58 AM
i was looking at playing a kobold sorcerer in an e6 game and noticed the rule on LA allowing me to play La+1 at lv 1 with 25 point buy instead if i went white dragonspawn i would cast as a 7th level sorcerer, not so bad as this but then i can perform the greater draconic rite of passage to gain another +1 sorcerer level casting as 8th allowing me to access 4th level spells.

should i do this or maybe compromise elsewhere?

Friv
2014-04-25, 11:56 AM
As a rule, any option which allows for players to cast at increased caster level should be assumed to be banned in E6, as taking them utterly violates the spirit of the game.

Seppo87
2014-04-25, 01:18 PM
should i do this or maybe compromise elsewhere?
Man, it depends on your group. Our answer aren't guaranteed to provide the best option, as they might differ from your friends' POVs

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2014-04-25, 01:53 PM
Note that any Dragonspawn is a puppet of its creator, under the complete control of its dragon overlord unless freed. The only way to become free from your dragon overlord is detailed in Dragons of Krynn, and increases the level adjustment you get from your Dragonspawn template by an additional +2. So a White Dragonspawn that's not being mind controlled by an NPC has a +3 LA.

Ruethgar
2014-04-25, 06:30 PM
Also note, however, that white dragons have horrible charisma and it shouldn't take too much optimization to diplomance some freedom while still in service of your dragon lord.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2014-04-25, 06:35 PM
Also note, however, that white dragons have horrible charisma and it shouldn't take too much optimization to diplomance some freedom while still in service of your dragon lord.

Doesn't matter, you're completely mind controlled and unable to determine any of your own actions whatsoever. A check you never get to make cannot succeed.