PDA

View Full Version : smaller bags of holding?

flamewolf393
2014-04-26, 12:40 AM
At one point I had found smaller items that were basically bags of holding, but much smaller and lighter. I have been unable to relocate them though. Thing is for standard bags, the lightest one is 15lbs and for my pixie rogue that puts him over his light load.

Honest Tiefling
2014-04-26, 12:43 AM
Can you manage five pounds? (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/wondrousItems.htm#handyHaversack)

Erik Vale
2014-04-26, 01:49 AM
If you can touch pf theres a 3lb one for 1000gp that stores 50lb. However given bags normally scale by size you could possibly ask your dm to allow you to apply the same size/weight mods to it [basically 1/4 size for 1/4 weight I think, and 1/2 price].

However if you can access PF, go grab Devil's Crux/Chelish Crux instead. 2000gp for 200lb in a lockbox. However it doesn't have a listed weight SRD, but it is stated to have unlimited capacity.

Ravens_cry
2014-04-26, 02:18 AM
Can you manage five pounds? (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/wondrousItems.htm#handyHaversack)
That was my thought as well. The ease of access is nice too.

TeslaJr
2014-04-26, 03:21 AM
There's the Belt of Hidden Pouches from Races of the Wild

This item might be made of silk or soft leather, but it's always fairly wide and with a big buckle (usually brass or silver). Hidden inside the belt are ten small pockets, each of which seems big enough to hold only a few coins. Each pocket actually functions as a small bag of holding and can hold up to 1/2 cubic foot or 5 pounds of nonliving material. No object with any dimension exceeding 6 inches can be placed in a pocket. Anything placed inside a pocket effectively has only one-tenth of its normal weight, so a full pocket weighs only half a pound at most.
In addition, two secret pockets lie behind each visible one, for a total of thirty pockets in all. The hidden pockets can be accessed only through a command word. A true seeing spell reveals the presence of the hidden pockets but not the command needed to open them.
Even when a pocket is full, it never bulges, so a belt of hidden pouches stuffed with 150 pounds of items looks like an ordinary belt.
Accessing any pocket (including the hidden ones) is a move action that does not provoke attacks of opportunity. To place any object in the belt, the wearer merely presses the object into the belt. Doing so while speaking the command word places the object in one of the hidden pockets (if one of them is empty). Naming a stored object and speaking a second command word draws the named object our of the belt and places it in the wearer's hand (though he could also simply reach into one of the ten regular pockets and draw it forth, just as if retrieving a stored object (a move action that provokes attacks of opportunity).
Simply frisking the wearer won't reveal any objects placed in the belt, and searching the visible pockets cannot reveal anything stored in the hidden pockets. It is possible to use a Sleight of Hand check to pluck something out of one of the ten visible pockets, but only someone wearing or holding the belt can access the hidden pockets, and then only with the correct command word.
Moderate conjuration; CL 9th; Craft Wondrous Item, Leomund's secret chest; Price 5,000 gp; Weight 1 lb.

Graypairofsocks
2014-04-26, 07:15 AM
At one point I had found smaller items that were basically bags of holding, but much smaller and lighter. I have been unable to relocate them though. Thing is for standard bags, the lightest one is 15lbs and for my pixie rogue that puts him over his light load.

There is also the Portable Hole.

Erik Vale
2014-04-26, 07:56 AM
There is also the Portable Hole.

If LE, enveloping pit. Cheaper and bigger.

Graypairofsocks
2014-04-26, 09:07 AM
If LE, enveloping pit. Cheaper and bigger.

Note that you will probably need a ladder to get to the bottom, the pixie wouldn't have that problem though.

Also you would have to ask your DM to waive the Alignment on the Pixie.

flamewolf393
2014-04-27, 12:17 PM
My pixie is neutral evil... so that could work. Thanks for the help guys!