PDA

View Full Version : Player Help question reguarding interpreting two spells

shadowseve
2014-04-26, 12:09 PM
I have a question regarding the interpretation of the two spells.

Bite of the Werewolf(Spell Compendium 30) (Duration: 1 round/level)
You gain a +2 enhancement bonus to Strength, a +4 enhancement bonus to Dexterity, a +4 enhancement bonus to Constitution, and a +4 enhancement bonus to natural armor. You gain a bite attack that deals 1d6 points of damage (or 1d4 points if you are small) + 1-1/2 times your Str modifier. You also gain the benefit of the Blind-Fight feat.

Girallon’s Blessing (Duration: 10 minutes/level)
You give the subject an additional pair of arms. Each of its arms—new and old—ends in a clawed hand with fingers and an opposable thumb. The creature’s original arms (if any) are its primary arms, and new limbs are secondary limbs (if the subject had no arms, the arms created by the spell are its primary arms).
The creature gains four claw attacks, each using its base attack bonus +its Str modifier for attack rolls. Each claw deals 1d4 points of damage + the subject’s Str modifier, and if an opponent
is struck by two or more claws in 1 round, the subject can rend it for an additional 2d4 points of damage + 1-1/2 times its Str modifier.

So as a druid if I'm in wild shape say a Black bear, does Bite of the werewolf give me a second bite attack? Also if I have Girallon's Blessing on do I get 4 additional claw attacks plus the two I normally get, and would the claws scale in size damage; as most natural attacks do? Or would it always remain a extra d4 no matter the size of creature I'm shaped into? the way I interpret this is that Girallon’s Blessing would give me 6 claw attacks, 4 plus my original two, they would scale in size as normal nat attacks, and bite of the werewolf would give me a second bite attack. Or am I reading this really wrong.

Deophaun
2014-04-26, 12:17 PM
RAW, I think, is silent, but it's generally accepted that if you don't have an appropriate limb, you don't get the NA. So, because you have only one head, you only get a single bite attack, no matter how many other powers you have that would give you one. Similarly, you only have two pairs of arms, so you'd only get the four claw attacks, not six.

Now, size does matter, and you weapons would scale accordingly.

shadowseve
2014-04-26, 12:20 PM
RAW, I think, is silent, but it's generally accepted that if you don't have an appropriate limb, you don't get the NA. So, because you have only one head, you only get a single bite attack, no matter how many other powers you have that would give you one. Similarly, you only have two pairs of arms, so you'd only get the four claw attacks, not six.

Now, size does matter, and you weapons would scale accordingly.

Makes perfect sense to me. Thanks for the clarification.

shadowseve
2014-04-26, 12:32 PM
one more question would the ability bonuses and armor bonuses from vow of Poverty transfer over to wild shape since technically it's special attributes gained through your vow?

Deophaun
2014-04-26, 12:33 PM
Yes. Everything from VoP will transfer to your Wild Shape form. It's actually the reason to take VoP for a Druid.

shadowseve
2014-04-26, 12:36 PM
Yes. Everything from VoP will transfer to your Wild Shape form. It's actually the reason to take VoP for a Druid.

That is what I thought. Thanks for the quick responses.