PDA

View Full Version : Angels of the Reach - 40k Deathwatch Campaign [IC]

Saithis Bladewing
2014-04-26, 07:10 PM
http://i.imgur.com/u85mPn0.png

Mission History:

N/A

Current Active Kill Team:

Jyssika: Vix Belfeaux (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?343607-Deathwatch-Angels-of-the-Reach&p=17344158&viewfull=1#post17344158) ++ Organization: Inquisition, Ordo Xenos ++ Classification: Arch-Militant
pvi212: Castus Drake (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?343607-Deathwatch-Angels-of-the-Reach&p=17370049&viewfull=1#post17370049) ++ Organization: Inquisition, Ordo Xenos ++ Classification: Guardsman/Bodyguard
dupersudi: Brother Caetus (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?343607-Deathwatch-Angels-of-the-Reach&p=17344164&viewfull=1#post17344164) ++ Organization: Carcharodons Chapter ++ Classification: Assault Marine
ArcturusV: Brother Salazar Korsus (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?343607-Deathwatch-Angels-of-the-Reach&p=17347189&viewfull=1#post17347189) ++ Organization: Brazen Angels Chapter ++ Classification: Devastator Marine
cybric: Brother Kaltren (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?343607-Deathwatch-Angels-of-the-Reach&p=17352650&viewfull=1#post17352650) ++ Organization: Flesh Tearers Chapter ++ Classification: Librarian
KasmKat: Brother Percival (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?343607-Deathwatch-Angels-of-the-Reach&p=17344783&viewfull=1#post17344783) ++ Organization: Blood Angels Chapter ++ Classification: Sanguinary Priest
Aneruin: Brother Asgeir (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?343607-Deathwatch-Angels-of-the-Reach&p=17344077&viewfull=1#post17344077) ++ Organization: Space Wolves Chapter ++ Classification: Tactical Marine
Kaynebot: Brother Zahariel (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?343607-Deathwatch-Angels-of-the-Reach&p=17357157&viewfull=1#post17357157) ++ Organization: Consecrators Chapter ++ Classification: Assault Marine
Cogsrow: Brother Michael (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?343607-Deathwatch-Angels-of-the-Reach&p=17357146&viewfull=1#post17357146) ++ Organization: Dark Angels Chapter ++ Classification: Ravenwing Veteran
Lord Raziere: Brother Ragnus Kjelmar Magnarok (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?343607-Deathwatch-Angels-of-the-Reach&p=17345265&viewfull=1#post17345265) ++ Organization: Space Wolves Chapter ++ Classification: Devastator Marine
Toxic Mind: Brother Corlis Vahn (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?343607-Deathwatch-Angels-of-the-Reach&p=17345599&viewfull=1#post17345599) ++ Organization: Raptors Chapter ++ Classification: Devastator Marine

In-game Guidelines/Stuff:
You can find the OOC thread here: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?343607-Angels-of-the-Reach-40k-Deathwatch-OOC-Thread
Any information listed in spoiler tags should be considered OOC information to those not named upon it.
I ask that you do your own rolling, if you need any help with this let me know. I'll correct any mistakes I see and let you know. Please do your rolls in spoiler tags so that we can avoid clutter.
I will be available to post almost every day and will try to move on the game/plot every few days, even if a couple of people haven't posted yet. Please try to keep up.
If there's any more information you need, please let me know. I will add anything else I can think of to this.

http://i.imgur.com/F880z57.png
Watch Fortress Erioch, Jericho Reach

For centuries, Watch Fortress Erioch nestled in the obscure Erioch system, lies hidden in the untamed void between the Acheros and Canis salients. The fortress itself is a massive, ancient and heavily armed bastion which serves as the heart of all the Ordo Xenos' operations here in the Jericho Reach. Its cavernous halls could serve as the Fortress-Monastery for an entire Chapter of Astartes, but its silence holds only a handful - 78, by the last tally, along with the hundreds of servitors and serfs wander the halls, maintaining the massive fortress' systems and ensuring that their masters are well kept and fed.

Over the course of a week, each of you arrived at Erioch, to be shown to your cells and grow accustomed to your new home. This tenure within the Deathwatch would be one of honour for some, or of burden and responsibility for others, yet it would pose the same challenges for each. Each of you were left to wait patiently in your cells, emerging only to partake in meals or pray at the chapels, until at long last they were ready for you. Some of you will have had time to meet and get to know one another, whilst others retained a solitary disposition. Watch Commander Mordigael has instructed each of you to arrive without armour or weapon before the doors of the Omega Vault, presumably to make your Oaths of Vigil.

As each Astartes arrived before the Omega Vault, they found it an immense sealed door, forty paces high and forged of thickened adamantium. The symbols of the Deathwatch are engraved into the door, along with the elder terran rune 'Omega' (Ω). Inside of the rune is carved an image of the Emperor strangling a coiling serpent, and engraved above the doors are the ancient words: "And The Last Fortress Is Truth".

http://i.imgur.com/j2ZsCzJ.png
Watch Commander Mordigael, Master of the Vigil,

Standing before the doors is a figure tall and proud, pale of skin and gifted with sharp, handsome features. His intense stare seems tempered with age and wisdom, and you immediately know that this man is Watch Commander Mordigael, a hero of the Imperium and the Master of the Vigil at Erioch. His ancient armour is painted black like all his brothers, but his pauldron still proudly displays his Chapter's colours - red with the sigil of the Blood Angels carved in ornate gold. Next to him stand two women and one man, of lesser stature but displaying no less authority than his presence.

"Hail, heroes of the Imperium. I am Watch Commander Mordigael, and it is my honour to welcome you to Erioch. You have been well-trained by your parent chapters, well-trained by the Deathwatch and now the time for your skills to be put to use has come. This is Inquisitor Hezika Carmillus, the Ordo Xenos attaché to the Chamber Militant, and soon-to-be Inquisitor Vix Belfeaux. Each of you, come forth and give us your name and your Oath of Vigil, that you may be bound into the service of Watch Fortress Erioch."

He did not introduce the noble-looking man stood next to them, Castus Drake, leaving the bodyguard for the time being.

Since arriving at Watch Fortress Erioch, you have had little time to adapt and been stationed here permanently. The majority of your time has been spent with Inquisitor Carmillus, who you have determined is a strict and harsh woman, though you have had some limited opportunities to meet the Astartes themselves. She does not seem interested in Vix or holding her hand, and is frequently busy with other affairs, but has agreed to keep an eye on matters and to conduct her full induction into the Inquisition when the time is ready. Like the Astartes, you have been summoned here to meet the Watch Commander and to learn what it is the Inquisition and Deathwatch expect of you.

Cogsrow
2014-04-26, 07:23 PM
-Michael steps forward,-I swear by the emperor's name and my chapter's honor that I will do anything in my power to remove all threats to the imperium, abide by the orders of my commanders of deathwatch, and maintain vigilance in my service of deathwatch -the marine never liked ceremonies and personally he kind of wanted to skip this-

Jyssika
2014-04-26, 07:44 PM
Upon being introduced Vix bows her head in respect to the Astartes and when Castus is not introduced she briefly smiles reasuringly to him.

Vix stands to attention as best she can during their ceremony; she does her best to act cordially in respect for their traditions
yet maintaining on the sidelines as though to not impede upon this important moment for the Astartes.

Should any of the Astartes with Librarian markings come within her aura she does her best to show an appologetic smile.

Lord Raziere
2014-04-26, 07:52 PM
Ragnus steps forward, a smile as always on his face. He bangs his fist against his fur-and-hide-covered chest and roars out proudly:
"I, Ragnus Kjelmar Magnarok, Swear By The Allfather's Name, The Name Of The Great Wolf And My Chapter's Honor That I Will Do Anything In My Power To Vanquish All Foes of The Imperium, Abide By The Orders Of My Commanders Of The Deathwatch, And Maintain Vigilance In My Service Of The Deathwatch!"
Service in the Deathwatch! Surely there was no greater honor! He would do all he could to uphold the proud tradition of what his Chapter has accomplished among their ranks. He would make sure the Space Wolves will sing of his name when he was done here!

KasmKat
2014-04-26, 07:54 PM
Stepping forward and Dropping to one Knee, Brother Percival Intones in a quiet voice with obvious feeling, “I Pledge my service to the Death Watch, To my brothers and to the God Emperor. By the Honour of my chapter I shall not fail in this calling. You have my service until I die or you find someone better My lord.”
Looking up as he finishes, obvious feeling behind the sacred words, he nods to the Watch captain, Awaiting his chance to rise and don the Black Armour of the Watch.

pvi212
2014-04-26, 08:44 PM
Castus stood next to the group clad in the uniform of an Elysian Drop Trooper, major pips on his collar marking him as an officer, his face was fixed with the proper respect due to a ceremony of this magnitude. Catching Vix's slight smile in his direction he nodded his head a minuscule acknowledging her as he watched the different Marines step forward to recite the oath, noting the difference in mannerisms as they did so.

dupersudi
2014-04-26, 09:33 PM
Never blinking, and with eyes as black as midnight, Caetus steps forward And pledges in an archaic form of High Gothic. "I, Caetus of the Carcharodons swear to honor my Chapter by serving this Oath to the Emperor and the Inquisition and destroying the enemies of man." Having said his oath, he steps back and appears to stand completely still, always watching, his eyes never relinquishing their gaze.

ArcturusV
2014-04-27, 12:30 AM
Salazar had arrived as ordered, unarmed, unarmored, well, as unarmed and unprotected as a SPESS MEHREEN ever could be. He wore the padded clothing of his long distant homeworld, simple jacket, pants, and a light shirt, meant for freedom of movement and protection against incidental scraps and mistakes navigating the wreckage of the hive. While no Astartes was truly in danger from a scrape against a rusted bit of metal... it was still a tradition and the clothing of choice.

As the others said his oath he kept his eyes on the Inquisitor, and Inquisitor in training, his gaze was heavy and unblinking, his face a stone cold mask. As he was aware that the attention in the room was moving towards him. He nodded his head towards the Watch Commander, not kneeling or bowing, but recognizing his status without putting himself as a meek inferior. Perhaps the edge of insubordination, but he didn't see it.

"For the honor of the chapter, the Emperor, and Mankind, I swear to cleanse from my sight the corruption and taint of the Alien, upholding the standards of my Chapter, The Emperor, and Mankind as both sword and shield. I serve the Deathwatch in this capacity, until such time that I am no longer able or needed to serve."

A strange oath perhaps, but he meant it, and was not familiar with the specific particulars that the others were using. He closed his eyes as he finished, signaling that he was done unless someone demanded an addition.

Toxic Mind
2014-04-27, 04:48 AM
Corlis Vahn arrived as ordered, impeccably on time, as always. Yet he waited for his brothers to make their oath before he stepped up. It was rare that a Successor to the Raven Guard was ever seen or heard from, Raptors rarest of all. Corlis was bare of weapons and armor, beyond what his body could provide, and yet he did not feel unarmed or helpless. While he preferred long range combat with heavy weapons to fist fights, Corlis thought himself quite capable. and so after a few others had offered their Vigil, Corlis rose and walked forward.

He kneels, the ground is cold and hard, but he cares little. "I shall strike down the foes of the Emperor, and they shall not see death as it finds them. I will purge the alien, the mutant, the heretic. I will make this universe safe for the faithful, and smite the wicked. I am the will of the Emperor impressed upon the world. I am the first and the last line in the sand. I shall not falter so long as I serve." he says, kneeling. Then Corlis rises, and takes his place with the others, watching and waiting, as he does.

Kaynebot
2014-04-27, 12:10 PM
Zahariel stepped forward and knelt on one knee in a fluid motion, his face a mask, the same generic hardened visage, with no emotion on it. "I, Brother Zahariel, swear, by way of the Emperor and my chapter's honor, to end the lives of those aligned against the Emperor and Humanity at any personal cost. I swear to be vigilant in this quest." Having said his oath, he stood and stepped back, standing tall and unmoving, his gaze ahead but was aware of his surroundings.

Aneurin
2014-04-27, 02:57 PM
Asgeir

In contrast to the majority of the other Astartes in their neat, formal wear, Asgeir is bundled up in the heavy furs and hides of his homeworld; looking, if anything, more fearsome for their savagery than any power armour. Huge, barrel-chested and with an bushy beard and wild, dark hair he strides forward to gaze proudly upon the Watch Commander. If he's the last to swear - well, it serves to make his oath the more memorable for the day his saga is written.

"I swear by the Allfather and the Great Wolf to hunt the Alien in all his guises; to cast down his works and bring ruin to his worlds; to be Sword and Shield to the realms of Man and to bring glory and honour to the Deathwatch," he says, his head held high and eyes gleaming fiercely. "I swear that, so long as I draw breath, I shall not falter in my duty,"

He falls back in to line, with a respectful nod to the Watch Commander and an inquisitive glance at the humans - then settles back to watch the reactions.

cybric
2014-04-27, 03:09 PM
Brother Kaltren presented himself to take his oath. An oath that held with it the promise redemption, salvation, and honor. His knelt to the ground shamed before such examplars knowing that his road back to honor would be long and harrowing. His psyker senses ever probing but restrained like the rage within his blood.

"I swear in the name of the Emperor and by the blood of the Primarch that I shall drive the foes of mankind before me. Where they hide I shall ripe them out. As long as they draw breath I shall hunt them. I shall obliterate their taint from our galaxy. In his name I so swear"

As the last word left Kaltrens lips he slams his fist to the ground With that Kaltren returned to the ranks of the other astartes

Saithis Bladewing
2014-04-27, 10:51 PM
Mordigael's lip flickered slightly, as if he were to smile but repressed the emotion. "I accept your oaths, Brothers of the Deathwatch. May you fight in the Emperor's name, in peace or in war; may you purge His enemies with the abilities He has given us. The Mark of the Xenos is to be unclean and to be purged in the Emperor's Name, as he too fought against our greatest foes."

The silent engraving of the Emperor's battle watched on, locked in an eternal struggle; yet, despite His battle, it felt like his eyes sometimes drifted towards the newly-initiated Kill Team, as if watching over them from afar. The sanctity of this place was unquestionable.

"Welcome to the Deathwatch, all of you. As of this moment, you are the tenth Kill Team operating from Watch Fortress Erioch, and the second largest we have assembled. You are special, not because of you as individuals but because of the task we have prepared for you - an opportunity to experiment in doctrine and to purge the enemies of the Emperor more quickly and efficiently.

Mordigael looked around the Kill Team, until focusing in particular on Asgeir and Ragnus, before continuing. "Make no mistake, you are not simply servants of the Emperor now, you are the Chamber Militant of the Inquisition. Whatever your Chapter's past history, it is no longer important in the face of that fact. Here on the edge of authority and the darkest of battlefields, you will commit the greatest deeds and contribute to humanity - we do this not for personal honour or glory, but to fulfill our great prognostication and countering the growing threat of the Xenos. Each of your armours has been taken to the Hall of Glory, where it shall stand as a tribute to the God-Emperor and a Relic in his name.

"Your duty will be slightly different to most Kill Teams. It is the decision of the Inquisition and the Chamber of Vigilance that Lady Vix Belfeaux is to complete her training and induction as an Inquisitor here in the Jericho Reach, and that the Deathwatch is to contribute to this. Lady Belfeaux shall be granted full use of the Black Frigate Thunder's Word, and granted full independence to pursue the enemies of the Imperium within the jurisdiction of the Jericho Reach. You are to serve as her Chamber Militant - her bodyguards, her executioners and the hammer of the Emperor's judgment against His enemies. She shall find the enemy, and you shall show them your wrath. This task is not typical of what you were trained to do, and carries with it an understandable unfamiliarity, yet it is the judgment of the council that this shall allow us to both shape and protect a young, promising talent and to more quickly exterminate any Xenos threat.

Mordigael looked around at each of their faces. "Do you have any questions regarding your duty, or has this been made clear?"

Toxic Mind
2014-04-28, 01:14 AM
Corlis is the first to speak. His tone carries deference, but no awe. The Watch Commander is an imposing figure, but Corlis Vahn was not one to give any man more than his due. It was the Emperor who he reserved reverence for, not the Emperor's servants, no matter how distinguished. "Our orders then, are to come from the Inquisitor-in-training then? We do not receive them from you, save that which you have already given unto us?" Corlis steps forward from the line as he speaks. "Our organization is to be according to the Codex, or to the Inquisition? Do we lead ourselves, or does she?" Corlis Vahn bows his head in deference. "I simply wish to know where we stand, Watch Commander, to better serve our oath and the Emperor."

As he waits for a reply, Corlis looks at the woman they are paired with. An Inquisitor, so she likely had some sort of psyker ability or trait. Some would call her a witch, but Corlis cared little for such distinction. She had power, whatever one chose to call her. And with psykers and their ilk, Corlis knew, it never payed to judge the lexicanum by its cover. Clearly this woman was incredibly skilled already, to have been sent here. Still, Corlis Vahn served no one who had not been tested. He made eye contact with the woman, and held it. It was a small challenge, relatively neutral, but a challenge nonetheless.

Jyssika
2014-04-28, 03:36 AM
Vix steps forward; clearing her throat. It was a bold move but one she hoped the Watch Commander and Inquisitor would
understand and knew it would be one that would instill confidence in the Astartes.

If I may answer this one Watch Commander.

Her eyes narrow on Corlis and the edge of her lip curves up in a smile before turning to the group as a whole.
She does not step forward; keeping herself back and everyone out of her aura to hopefully limit the effect
her psychic blankness on their subconcious.

You are members of the Deathwatch having pledged yourself infront of the Omega Vault at Watch Fortress Erioch,
and, to serving the Inquisition.

She pauses very slightly; wanting to phrase what she is about to say in a way that does not contradict the
Watch Commander but also appeases the Marines that will very soon be her responsibility.

In this duty you will be serving under myself; recieving direction and intellegence from me as opposed to the Watch Commander
and being based aboard the Thunder's Word as opposed to Erioch, however, you will to be completing the same duties as would be expected
of a normal Kill-Team and besides recieving the added boon of my particular skillset will experience no unexpected suprises or extra duties.

She puffs out her chest; standing infront of such giants, all their gazes on her with questioning suprise was slightly intimidating
but she made her best effort to look unphased or atleast not allow it to affect her.

She turns to the Watch Commander with a smile that implies; Anything to add?

dupersudi
2014-04-28, 12:12 PM
Caetus, upon hearing that this Inquisitor to be would be their commander is genuinely surprised. My brothers warned me I might have to interact with mortals, but to serve under one... She had better be worthy. Of course, his stance doesn't change in the least, and his gaze remains unbroken. Though, with his obsidian black eyes, it would be extremely difficult to tell what he was actually looking at. He remains silent, not responding to the Watch Commander's question, and listens to his new comrade ask quite thorough organizational questions, and the mortal's response.

Italics will be thoughts. It's going to be interesting playing a character that will be so quiet.

Toxic Mind
2014-04-28, 12:30 PM
Corlis says nothing, and barely acknowledges the Inquisitor's words. That she maintained eye contact was a mark in her favor, but it is far more of a mark against that she sought to answer for the Commander. Corlis was unsure of how things were done in the Inquisition, but Raptors did not supplant their superiors to answer any query, particularly one not addressed to them. Corlis turns back to the Watch Commander. "This one speaks for the Vigil in this matter, Watch Commander?" There is no ire in his voice, no emotion at all, but Corlis has made his expectation clear. Before his oath is transferred to this woman, he will hear it from the Commander.

Cogsrow
2014-04-28, 05:01 PM
-Michael meets the inquisitor's gaze with his steel grey eyes- I pledged to protect the imperium of man and vanquish it's foes. Not to help an inquisitor gain glory and rank. you puff y our chest in a show of strength like a child, it is shameful" -he still stands there at attention, his voice had simply been matter of a fact instead of accusative-

KasmKat
2014-04-28, 05:16 PM
“Brothers, you are making mockeries of your Oaths…” Percival says, stepping up next to Vix, “Are we now to say where and when we fight, to decide who we fight under. This lady looks capable, her attendant even more so, should she prove not so then I am sure we will be assigned somewhere else… However until that point, you have already been given your orders, would your captains and chapter masters stand for someone questioning his orders?” Percival stares at the Raptor and the Dark Angel, surety and honor shining out from his bearing, “It is not our place to question brothers, only to do, Our Lives and our Sacred =Honor…”

Aneurin
2014-04-28, 05:28 PM
Asgeir

His brow creases into a frown as Mordigael speaks, and more-so as the Inquisitor answers for him.

"Hrmph," he snorts. "And who is she to be, then? Another Kysnaros? Or something better?" he growls quietly, almost to himself.

He shakes his head abruptly, and lets the wash of the others' voices flow over him. This requires thought, careful thought, more than boldness; after all, since when have the Astartes been at the beck and call of the Slayers of Worlds? There is more at work here than can be seen. To howl his objections as he would wish is to risk calling down the eyes of the Inquisition on the Space Wolves once more.

Kysanaros is the Inquisitor who lead the purges after the First War of Armageddon, and ended up leading an attack on Fenris after the Space Wolves tried to stop him enacting Exterminatus. Check out the Lexicanum entry for the Months of Shame for more info.

The Space Wolves do not like the guy.

How well this is known outside of the Space Wolves and Grey Knights is open to doubt.

Jyssika
2014-04-28, 06:18 PM
Silence!

Her eyes narrow and she stares down the petulent Marines.
Vix steps forward; her unsettling aura washing over the Marines.
She calms her voice almost to a whisper.

You question your commanders orders having just pledged an Oath to the Emperor and the Imperium!
You bring shame upon your chapters! Arrogance and insolence may have been allowed to fester by your
previous commanders but it will not under my watch!

She points a finger at the Vault door; the Emperor fighting the serpent.

You petulant space-babies fresh out of training and doing your first tour dare question orders
of a Deathwatch Watch Comamnder and an Inquisitor? You may have walked through lakes of fire, slain hordes of xenos
and probably fired enough bolts to crush a baneblade but you know nothing of the true horrors out to destroy the Imperium of Man.

She steps up to the Dark Angel; her finger pressed into his chest, pushing ever so slightly.

I have stood this close to psykers of unimaginable power; stood beside greater men than you will ever be
lending my services as they slew deamon spawn horrors and alien wytches. You should be thankful I am here
to babysit you on your first tour!

[roll0] Target 45... Intimidate *sigh* dat Fel score.

Cogsrow
2014-04-28, 06:21 PM
-Michael raises his eyebrows at that- The speech was impressive and all, but you realize we've done all that too, right? and we've done it for longer.

Jyssika
2014-04-28, 06:24 PM
Aww a compliment? Are you saying I look young?
Perhaps you should act your age; boy.

Toxic Mind
2014-04-28, 06:33 PM
Corlis Vahn looks down at the woman in front of him. "Gutsy, Inquisitor." He says quietly. "This close I could snap your neck before you could move to stop me, whatever talent you may possess. And your dog," Corlis jerks his head towards Percival "could do nothing." Standing before the marine, his angelic face cold and emotionless, it was easy to remember that the Raptors had often been the premier assassins among the Astartes, in every role, close and from afar. The tension mounts, and everyone seems hesitant to move, for fear of what breaking it may result in.

Suddenly, Corlis breaks into a smile. "There are few who would have the courage to stand before me, and fewer still who would live to tell it." Corlis nods his head. "You have my Oath, Inquisitor, for as long as you remain worthy of it."

Corlis does not apologize to Percival however. He has little respect for any who would not first question and assure their own mind of the worthiness off their commander.

Jyssika
2014-04-28, 07:31 PM
Vix cracks a smile at the Raptor.

I am sure Madam Inquisitor Hezika Carmillus does not particularly appreciate you calling her Gutsy;
or have you forgotten you are simply speaking to an Acolyte? Fear not you shall get to see how
easily you could snap my neck before we set foot off this base.

Her eyes cast across the group

That invitation extends to you all; even the silent but scary Brother Caetus.

She raises the flats of her palms to the hulking assault marine, bowing slightly
as though to indicate his magnitude and highlight that she is more than willing
to prove herself against even him.

KasmKat
2014-04-28, 07:35 PM
“I will take you up on that Lady Vix, it would set my mind at ease to know your capabilities.” Percival says quietly, carefully watching the others.

Kaynebot
2014-04-28, 07:46 PM
Zahariel couldn't help but let slip a slight twitch of the mouth, a moment of disgust at the turn of events, as quickly as it appeared he punished himself returning to the stone, emotionless face that was there before. As harshly as he punished himself for the breach he couldn't help but think of how degrading this was. While neither party had acted to its fullest composure, the over-arching insult of the Inquisitor's speech had been what he would call a slip in command. It is one thing to assert authority but another to disparage those under your command. Zahariel would say it is a sign of weakness to feel the need to belittle those who charge is held over. Nevertheless when this many different brothers got together there would be a hierarchy created, and as sloppy as this was, it could be considered to be that process. For now he would keep his perceptions and impulses out of it.

Toxic Mind
2014-04-28, 07:53 PM
Corlis raises his eyebrows at Percival's comment. Perhaps he had been to quick to judge the man and find him lacking. "I suppose we all shall then." Corlis says quietly to the woman's offer. Her threats were baseless. The Chapter Master would commend him for not following an unknown and untested leader blindly if they sent him back. Such was the nature of the Raptors.

Corlis looks at the woman. "If there is nothing further, Acolyte?" Corlis used the appropriate terminology, but it was no mark of deference. Whether this woman realized it or not, he had afforded her a measure of respect, and she had thrown it in his face. Typical of the Inquisition really, give them an inch and they think they can throw you out the airlock. Corlis thinks to himself.

He moves back to his brothers, not deigning to wait for her response. The point is moot anyways. A capable leader knows when they have won a battle, and would not continue conflict beyond that victory. This woman clearly did not understand that principle. Corlis wondered if she would learn it before it got her killed.

Jyssika
2014-04-28, 08:17 PM
She replies to Percival as he is first to take up her invitation.
Lady Belfeaux, or Vix... but Lady Vix is most strange.
It would be an honour and I am sure there is much I could learn.

I suppose we all shall then.
If there is nothing further, Acolyte?

Unless anyone has any more questions, about my capabilities or otherwise?
If not I will be needing to speak to the Librarian about minor complications,
if he would allow me the time.

She waits to see if anyone else speaks; and if not will simply look to the
Watch Commander and Inquisitor.

pvi212
2014-04-28, 08:48 PM
Castus watched the interplay between Vix and the Space Marines, and frowned internally. He had learned from his family that a leader must lead by example and in his time with the PDF and Guard had reinforced that belief. He reached forward and placed a hand lightly on Vix's shoulder giving her a slight frown of disapproval, and look that promised to speak with her further about it latter and somewhere more private. He silently sent a curse through his mind about taking this assignment, not that he had a choice in the matter, when an Inquisitor requests a favor one did not say no if they valued their life, but he had a lot of work to do before he would even consider Vix ready to lead a fire team much less the resources and Inquisitor could call upon.

Lord Raziere
2014-04-28, 09:37 PM
Ragnus who had been thinking over his words until now, spoke
"Lady Belfeaux, as a Space Wolf, loyal to the Allfather I have pledged my Oath to serve the Deathwatch. The Watch Commander, has commanded me to serve under you. My orders are clear. You have my Bolter!"
He declared.
"My duty to the Allfather is to serve and protect the Realm he built. If it is thought best that I can do so under you, I will carry it out regardless. The Imperium and the Allfather are what is important, not what deeds I do to protect them. The Allfather is but a man, a man worthy of great veneration and respect, but a man nonetheless. We all know this and serve. I therefore do not see why the problem is serving a woman. She is an Inquisitor, and therefore worthy of respect of the duty she carries out. To balk at doing my duty, no matter the form it takes is to dishonor myself. I will serve."

dupersudi
2014-04-28, 11:18 PM
Caetus remains completely silent and still throughout the brief but heated discussion. She has a courage of sorts to challenge a Space Marine to combat, and wants very much to prove herself that is obvious, but she is very quick to hostile words and is quite headstrong... Would my brothers tolerate this? Should I? Or should I re-educate her? No, she has been chosen as my Commander for the time being, and she is of the Inquisition. Let us hope she isn't so quick to such foolish outbursts in the heat of battle.
This wolf has quite a way with words. He uses many, and colors them with the glory of the Emperor. Hmmm, I am learning from this. And Emperor willing I will share these tales of headstrong Acolytes and nigh poetic wolves with my brothers once I return.

Saithis Bladewing
2014-04-29, 02:56 AM
Throughout the exchange, Mordigael did not move nor respond, he simply watched with steely eyes. Finally, after a moment of silence descended, he spoke.

"I know this duty may be difficult for some of you to accept, but such is the Will of the Emperor."

He turned his gaze to Vix Belfeaux. "Such Will cannot be denied by any, Lady Belfeaux, but I remind you as well that you are not yet an Inquisitor, and that these men who have sworn their oaths are now my Brothers in the Deathwatch. Be careful what you say of them, for when the time comes, they may be all that protects you from the horrors beyond these walls."

"As for your duties, you as the acting hand of the Inquisition will supply my brothers with information, and work with them to root out and purge them. But while the Thunder's Word is yours to command, do not think you know how to tell them how to fight. The battle is their domain, and their specialty, and they shall know how best to fight it. You are partners in this action, and your skills and assetsare best used together in unison. I trust you to remember that your duty is the most important facet of this mission.

Are there any other questions?"

Jyssika
2014-04-29, 04:28 AM
Vix does her best to show a respect for the large feral looking marine as he speaks.
She does not know who this Allfather is; presumably the Emperor, it does not matter.
He speaks with reverance and that is what she was showing respect for.

Thank you,
She doesn't really know what to say; having originally hoped all would have said such things
allowing her to prove herself before judging her unfit she had since forgotten what she
might say if any did.

She is interupted however by a hand on her shoulder; its grip human and despite
the slight pinching... reasuring. Then finally steps in the Watch Commander.

Wise council;
She bows her head briefly to him before turning to the rest.
Hopefully we can put this behind us; I am simply an attachment
to our Kill-Team and should we learn to get along we can both
make each others jobs much easier.

I will prepare an auditorium aboard Thunder's Word
please come unarmoured if you wish to take part in any
of the evenings festivities.

She bows and returns to the Inquisitors side at the edge of the group.

Aneurin
2014-04-29, 03:36 PM
Asgeir

As the argument rages back and forth, Asgeir rumbles deep in his chest, his eyes darting between each of the speakers, and trying to quell the impulse to violence at the insult offered by an Inquisitorial whelp. Any stripling Blood Claw would have felt the back of hand for their impudence; but with the honour of the Vylka Fenryka is at stake, and he will not risk it for his own satisfaction.

Besides, a true hunter knows when best to stalk and when best to pounce - and now is the time for stalking.

Still, such things cannot be left unaddressed...

"I have no questions; her deeds tell all I need know," Asgeir keeps his voice level, and only a hint of snarl enters it as he turns to address the would-be Inquisitor. "I do not like you; I do not respect you. Your words ring with empty boasts and shameful insults. You are rash and headstrong; too certain of your power to be truly trusted with it," and here, the snarl does truly enter his voice; harsh and uncompromising as he folds his bare arms across his massive chest and glowers down at Vix. "But I am loyal, and give my oath. It will not be broke for such as you; but should you offer further insult, it will be counted a matter of honour between us, and settled as such,"

He settles back, his arms still folded, with an air of finality.

ArcturusV
2014-04-29, 09:09 PM
There were two lines being drawn it seemed. Those who thought this woman was deserving of a backhand, and those who were snubbing those who thought she was deserving of a backhand. Through the argument Salazar remained perfectly still, his eyes flicking back and forth to the various speakers as they brought up their points, nothing else seeming to move, his face a blank, emotionless mask.

He turned towards the Watch Commander, since this was likely to be his last bit of authority for the Emperor only knew how long, "If we are done here," and it did seem that they were unless fistfights were on the agenda, "I would like to oversee the transfer of my belongs to the Thunder's Ward, as well as time for proper devotionals. If I may?" It didn't seem to be much of a question as he gave the Watch Commander a clipped bow, making the sign of the Aquila in respect to the iconography of the Emperor, and the Watch Commander standing in front of it. Rising from his bow he turned on his heels, 180 and started marching out unless someone informed him that no, they were not cleared to leave yet. He wasn't insubordinate in that way, more like he seemed just eager to get out of the area and see to the gear he brought from his chapter, his armor, weapons, trappings, and personal effects, as it seemed from Vix's comments that they were expected to be embarked upon the warship almost immediately.

Saithis Bladewing
2014-04-30, 01:46 PM
"Very good; I shall see to it that you are delivered your first intelligence and mission within twelve hours, and no sooner. The Emperor Protects."Mordigael dismissed the assembled Astartes as well as Jyssika and her bodyguard, before departing himself with Inquisitor Carmillus at his side, engaged in some whispered discussion.

For the Astartes, they would find their newly-refurbished armour waiting for them in the Hall of Glory, freshly painted in the black of the Deathwatch and awaiting their owners' transferral to the Thunder's Word. As they were now brothers of the Deathwatch, they commanded the full support of the Vigil in whatever undertakings they would face in the future, but first came the transfer to the Thunder's Word. Vix Belfeaux had promised an auditorium, but such entertainment may not appease a Space Marine's appetite. Growing acquianted with the ship, or its commander - Battle-Brother Pellas - may prove more fruitful, or partaking in training or bonding in the fortress' cages. Either way, Vix had been left with the unenviable task of uniting the Astartes in their mission, one way or another.

If there is anything else you would like to do in this period, please let me know, otherwise it would be best to jump straight to the Thunder's Word and reception of orders. I know some of you were talking about getting to know one another via ceremonial duel - which I'm certainly in support of - and there will doubtlessly be some resentment towards the Inquisitor which may want to be played out further, but if we want to jump to the meaty bits, I can also handle that. I'm planning on giving you a list of a few potential missions, which Vix/the Team will have to decide to pursue at their own leisure. A little freedom to make decisions and press personal biases in what to hunt can't hurt!

Toxic Mind
2014-04-30, 02:00 PM
Corlis Vahn knew where he needed to go. The others in his initiate team may wish to fight and squabble, but to do such was not in Corlis' nature. He needed intelligence, and as the Inquisitor-In-Training seemed determined to make enemies of them all, Corlis figured that he would speak to the ship's commander, to get a better idea of how things had worked, and likely would work, aboard the ship. He reached the Commander's Quarters, and announced himself before entering.

"Commander Pellas" he said, using the Battle-Brother's title on boards the ship as a sign of respect. "My name is Corlis Vahn, Raptors 2nd Company Tactics and Reco-" he stops, correcting himself. "Deathwatch Special Assignment. Sir, I have come to talk about your experiences with the young Inquisitor-in-training. In all frankness, she seems rash and untried, and has already made enemies among others in the squad. I seek your guidance and knowledge as one who has known her longer than I. I would not judge her mettle without knowing all the relevant information."

I'm fine with advancing the story along, either to fights or straight to orders. Corlis is just doing what he do, gathering intel to make informed decisions.

dupersudi
2014-04-30, 02:10 PM
Caetus shows up in the Auditorium shortly before the appointed time. He finds an out of the way corner and waits there for something to happen. It was not an order that I appear here, but perhaps I will learn something about interacting with mortals from this. And perhaps I will come to comprehend our newfound leader better after humoring her.

I'm fine with moving ahead if you want to Saithis. Just thought that what with Caetus being here to serve the Deathwatch and expand the knowledge of his chapter would participate in stuff, not necessarily actively mind you.

Saithis Bladewing
2014-04-30, 02:29 PM
Onboard the Thunder's Word

Corlis Vahn knew where he needed to go. The others in his initiate team may wish to fight and squabble, but to do such was not in Corlis' nature. He needed intelligence, and as the Inquisitor-In-Training seemed determined to make enemies of them all, Corlis figured that he would speak to the ship's commander, to get a better idea of how things had worked, and likely would work, aboard the ship. He reached the Commander's Quarters, and announced himself before entering.

"Commander Pellas" he said, using the Battle-Brother's title on boards the ship as a sign of respect. "My name is Corlis Vahn, Raptors 2nd Company Tactics and Reco-" he stops, correcting himself. "Deathwatch Special Assignment. Sir, I have come to talk about your experiences with the young Inquisitor-in-training. In all frankness, she seems rash and untried, and has already made enemies among others in the squad. I seek your guidance and knowledge as one who has known her longer than I. I would not judge her mettle without knowing all the relevant information."

I'm fine with advancing the story along, either to fights or straight to orders. Corlis is just doing what he do, gathering intel to make informed decisions.

Pellas was a well-weathered man, not unlike the grizzled veteran sergeants Corlis would have met during his training - his face was well-scarred and worn from decades of war, but his eyes showed no sign of slowing with age, darting about to take in the Raptor's appearance. What little remained of his hair was wispy and white, and tattooed across his face was a visage of the imperial aquila, a sign of his devotion to the Emperor. He did not wear his armour, but his simple, black robes bore an embroidered insignia: the red lightning bolt and pale yellow shield of the Storm Giants chapter.

"The honour is mine, Corlis Vahn," Pellas said with a salute. "Brother Pellas of the Deathwatch Fleet, though Storm Giant by birth."

He listened to Corlis' concerns in silence, nodding at the end. "I'm afraid I've known her little longer than yourself, brother, but I may have at least some insight to contribute. This is not the first time I have served with a young inquisitor, nor, do I fear, will it be the last. Untried and untested - indeed, it may seem that to us, but they would not have been chosen for such a vaunted position if they did not have skills of merit. In my experience, even veteran inquisitors are ill at ease when speaking to a Space Marine, doubtless because they know our inherent superiority as warriors, even perhaps because of fear of reminders of the heresy long past. I can tell you that Commander Mordigael referred to her as 'special' and 'worth protecting' - I for one, intend to see if she can prove herself in combat before passing judgment, and to protect her as my duty to the Emperor and the Chapter demand of me. Will you do the same?"

Toxic Mind
2014-04-30, 02:37 PM
Corlis nodded to the man. "Aye brother. That is our way as well. If she is proven, then she will have the same loyalty as one of my brothers. My thanks for your wisdom. I must make my way to the Auditorium, but perhaps we will speak again later, when there is more time." Corlis bows, his fist pressed to his forehead, a formal tradition and mark of respect from a Raptor to one he believes is worthy of his deference.

Corlis Vahn brought his armor to his quarters, and his weapons to the armory, entrusting them, with some stern words, to one of the techpriests. His scope, he kept on his person, as it always was. The artefact sight given to him by his chapter was no business of meddling techpriests. The secrets of the Raptors were his and his alone, never lightly shared.

Corlis was the second to the auditorium, and waited for the others to arrive. The silent Battle Brother stood in the corner. Corlis nodded a greeting, but otherwise said nothing as he waited for the others. However the meeting before the gate had gone, this was again a chance for the Inquisitor-in-training to prove her skills as a leader, or at least, Corlis thought, not to dig the hole deeper.

He would do as Brother Pellas had asked. He would forgive the events of the past, and allow the Inquistor another chance to prove herself worthy of his respect. It was the least he could do.

Jyssika
2014-04-30, 02:51 PM
Vix makes her way out of ceremony and quickly to the gym;
she knew she shouldn't overdo herself if she was to be
challeneged later that day but she needed to work what had
just happened off of her mind and she thought that would
be the best way of doing it.

Her three servo skulls floated next to her as she went through
a number of running, biking and weight machines; meanwhile
multi-tasking with a vox link open to the ships staff.

She was vigilent in confirming the Astartes would have everything
they needed aboard the Thunder's Word as not to be seen
as further incompetant

Finally she had her servo skulls sent to Ragnus, Percival and Castus
with the following message;

Brother Ragnus
*she pauses, clearly unsure if she should address him as such*
Ragnus...

Firstly I would like to thank you for your kindness earlier; one I perhaps did not deserve
in the eyes of the other Astartes. I am deeply sorry I lost my head; this was not a situation
I have found myself in before and did not handle it aswell as I perhaps could have.

Would you do me the honour of attenting a pre-meeting slightly before the Auditorium;
I would be very greatful if I could seek council from you as to how to deal with
my previous ... lack of grace... feel free to decline.

Vixen Belfeaux

Percival

Firstly I would like to thank you for your kindness earlier; one I perhaps did not deserve
in the eyes of the other Astartes. I am deeply sorry I lost my head; this was not a situation
I have found myself in before and did not handle it aswell as I perhaps could have.

Would you do me the honour of attenting a pre-meeting slightly before the Auditorium;
I would be very greatful if I could seek council from you as to how to deal with
my previous ... lack of grace... feel free to decline.

Vixen Belfeaux

Would you please be-able to meet me half an hour before the meeting in the Auditorium, with luck two of the marines
will also show up, I feel I need a little council on how to deal with Astartes and as much as hope the two marines will be civil I would rather
have another mere-mortal there just incase.

*she pauses on the recording*

Not to mention; I imagine you have something to say in that department also.

Vixen Belfeaux.

She then proceeds to shower and get ready for their meeting;
she picks a loose robe of pale orange as opposed to the long black dress she wore
to the oath ceremony. Underneithe she wore her Vixen's Claw and a pair
of formal gym trousers and vest for when the "festivities", as she called them earlier,
would begin.

---

Proceeding to the Auditorium to check everything was in order she sees Caetus;
she makes her way over to him be does not close within the range of her aura.
She had been foolish to do that earlier; she knew the effect it had on people
and imagined it also affected even Astartes, it was foolish of her to expect
super humans to accept her as their leader yet alone when her very nature
would disgust them.

I am sorry about earlier, Caetus I believe?
She doesn't want to appear too sure of herself instead just attempting to show
a more human and friendly side.
You are a little early but I am hopefully having a small meeting before this one with my human friend
and two of the other Astartes. I would be honoured if you would join us, you have been quiet so far
and I would very much like to hear your oppinion of me... however brutally honest it might be.

Sorry about the strange leaving of no time for your char to respond; had to do a retro.
Vix would not want to seem rude by not waiting for a responce so feel free to use her in whatever manner you like in your reply to her.
That sounds a little wrong... but i hope you get what I mean.

As Vix and Caetus speak Corlis enters; she can't help but show a slight disapointment
knowing the only respectful action to take would be to also invite him to the meeting.

She smiles at him; waiting for him to close on the two of them before speaking.

You are also early Corlis;
She speaks in a warm manner; honest and with no edge to it.
I was just inviting Caetus to a pre-meeting I am hopefully having with two of the other Astartes and my human friend.
She seems to be taking great care in how she says the next part,
her tone is humorous but sincere.
I feel you could add alot if you were to also join us and would be honoured if you would; hopefully, this time we can
keep it slightly more civil and I will not make a show of myself again.

ArcturusV
2014-04-30, 04:49 PM
He had expected... something... more impact. Salazar's hand pressed against the ancient corvus armor, newly painted the jet black of the Death Watch. It wasn't so different from his normal colors, nor was it anywhere near the first time his armor was painted, as across so many campaigns, so many worlds he saw it repainted in various cameleoline and patterns to help the Astartes move unseen. For the moment he was just glad that it wasn't "oh just shoot me" colors like that of the Ultramarines or Imperial Fists. Hopefully they wouldn't draw a lot of Daylight Operations and stand out like... well the giant black blob they were likely to be among whatever worlds they were assigned to.

Instead he merely smiled, to see at the very least that his chapter marking remained intact, the wing and spear of the Brazen Angels, a nice touch. He was still a Brazen Angel, of course he knew it. And others would too by wearing their image. He smiled to himself as he watched the serfs carry it off and set it up in his quarters, under his supervision. He trusted the Deathwatch personnel enough to handle his sacred machine spirits, to attend to his gear, though there were two large seabags that he insisted on carrying himself to his new quarters on the Thunder's Ward.

He dismissed the serfs, politely, but insistently, sealing up the door behind him as the last one was out, never having dropped his bags the whole time. With a deep sigh he started combing the chambers he had been assigned to, checking for any little Inquisitorial Spies, devices, or just oddities that he felt needed to be cleared out, leaving all but two that he had spotted (If any) to give the Inquisition the idea that they still had eyes on him, even as he piled up the found bugs/devices outside his door in a neat little pile. Making sure there were adequate blind spots in the surveillance. Finally he allowed himself to set down his bags, in one of those blind spots, letting out a long sigh as the tension in his body faded away, leaving a man who seemed exhausted and just looking forward to a few hours to relax.

Toxic Mind
2014-04-30, 04:59 PM
"I am always early. Tactical advantage is determined by those who have the most information. In an unfamiliar setting, it is standard to recon the area. Even among allies." There is no menace or reproach in his words, simply a statement of fact.

Corlis raised his eyebrows. Brother Pellas may have been right. Corlis may have judged too quickly. Corlis bows his head slightly, the first gesture of respect he has shown the woman so far. It is not much, but it is something. "It would be an honor to join you, ..." Corlis pauses. "Is there a preferred title you would have us address you by?"

Corlis smiles at the woman's tone. The meaning behind her worlds is clear. "Civility. I suppose we should enjoy it amongst ourselves. We will find rather little outside these walls." Corlis allows a hint of a smile to crease his face. "Would you prefer we talk now, or wait for the Guardsman and the other two of my brothers to arrive?"

Lord Raziere
2014-04-30, 05:33 PM
Ragnus of course reverently carries his armor and weaponry to where they are supposed to go, hears the message from the Servo-Skull and walks to the slight pre-meeting.
"Greetings, Lady Belfeaux, Brother Corlis, Brother Caetus. I have received the message. Just remember: it could have been worse. We could have gotten a limp-wristed coward instead."
He privately was surprised that his Brothers were being disgraceful about this, but meeting distant relatives was never all that easy he supposed. As for the Inquisitor well- he knew full well of Kysnaros. But that only meant it was best not to be angry and stubborn about this, so as not to ignite any lingering feelings.
"I mean, can you imagine? Some pompous fool with a long ridiculous name, constantly wringing his hands and putting on a false smile and trying to be as submissive as possible so that we do not attack him, choosing relatively safe missions so that he does not get harmed? That would have eventually had worse consequences, trust me."
He cracked a joke with a slight smile.

Jyssika
2014-04-30, 05:50 PM
Vix's face transforms into a large blushing smile owed to the face that Corlis
seemingly hasn't been wounded by her first impession but maintains her
distance.

I suppose my official title would be Acolyte Belfeaux but you may call me Vixen,
or Vix if you prefer, may I address you by Corlis?

She, motions to the arriving Ragnus, politely adding.

Lets just say I am not particularly a people person; even less a super-people person.
Anyway I have us a nice little room ready for a brief sitdown before the rest arrive;
if you would both follow me mr Drake and Percival can meet us there.

Presuming all three marines are attending she motions for her servo skull to leave
and leads them to a small nearby briefing room; her name is next to the door
indicating she has requisitioned the room as her office space.

Inside the room is mostly bare of furniture except for half a dozen large chairs,
a wooden table, a drinks cabinet and a vast array of bookshelves lining the walls.
She motions to the chairs; clearly reinforced to an extent they could accept a
fully armoured marine and offers each of them politely if they would like a small
glass of very fine amesac.

She takes a seat distinctly further away from the rest of them; she knows she
cant keep maintaining a distance for ever without explaining why but she had
hoped to keep herself as simply a person to them as long as possible before
she just became "the Untouchable"... Eitherway she would explain about it
in the Auditorium; perhaps the shock of her news would make them forget
her previous transgressions.

For now she just wanted to keep them out of her aura for as much as possible
she didn't want her curse to damage what progress she had recently made
with these few marines.

Toxic Mind
2014-04-30, 06:04 PM
"You may, Acolyte Belfea- Vix." Corlis says, correcting himself. "Though such informality in front of those unfamiliar to our kill-team would be unwise. In mixed company, the proper term of address would be Brother Vahn. You may find that the awe that many hold for Space Marines useful in obtaining information, or aid." Once again, there is no reproach in Corlis' tone, and in fact, it seems somewhat warmer than it had been before.

Willingness to learn, Corlis thought to himself, is never the mark of an inferior leader.

Corlis enters the office and takes one of the seats. He waves away the amesac with a polite nod at the offer. The Raptors had never approved of any substance that affected the mind of their initiates, and Corlis had never bothered with the stuff, even after being freed from such restrictions.

Kaynebot
2014-04-30, 06:20 PM
Zahariel over saw the transportation of his old Corvus armor to his new room. The new paint inspired an odd feeling in him, he thought on that for sometime, finished setting up his spartan-esque quarters. He wasn't one for social gatherings but he should learn of who he will be working alongside. Zahariel resigned himself to goto this auditorium. At the very least he would take note of his brothers and the up-and-coming inquisitor. Then leave for the sparring cages after he had observed enough. He strode down the halls, unarmed and in the standard clothing, his thoughts occupied with replaying the scene from earlier. Reaching his destination, he walked in but kept towards the edges out of anybody's way but close enough to gather any pertinent information or conversation.

dupersudi
2014-04-30, 06:34 PM
RESPONSE TO CORLIS

Caetus ponders Corlis' greeting for a moment before nodding very slowly in response.

VIX'S QUESTION

Caetus responds to the Acolyte's questions with a surprisingly quiet voice, and in an archaic form of High Gothic. "My opinion of you acolyte, is that you are eager to prove yourself, but you have thus far attempted to do so with words and bluster. That will not impress any of us. If you are as competent as you believe we shall see your worth soon enough." He pauses for a moment before continuing. "You do possess some courage, few mortals would challenge an Astartes to combat. But it is on the battlefield that we Astartes will pass final judgement, to hasten or color our judgements prematurely with words is not likely and could very well backfire." Having responded to the question, in a long winded and eloquent fashion he believed, he stops talking and begins waiting once more.

THE BRIEFING ROOM

Caetus follows the acolyte and his brothers into the room, taking a seat in the corner and declining the Amasec. He sits and begins his watch once again.

pvi212
2014-04-30, 06:36 PM
Castus gave a nod to the Watch Commander and another glance at Vix before heading to the quarters he had been assigned on the Watch Fortress to gather his gear and transfer it to the ship. Taking a few extra seconds to get out of the stiff formal uniform he had worn for the ceremony, he pulled on a comfortable fatigue uniform and lifted his kit bags, just in time to run into a servo skull. He frowned briefly, he had always preferred to chew out in private and praise in public, but at least it was a step in the right direction. He ditched his kit in the quarters that had been provided to him and quickly secured his gear with the speed and efficiency of someone who had done this many times before. He slipped on his weapon belt before heading out the door, more out of habit than because he believed he would need the weapons.

Slipping into the small room he gave a brief nod to the Marines present, before pouring himself a small glass of amesac and taking a seat next to the Space Wolf. "I assume from your message you realize that you made a mistake earlier?" He took a brief sip of the amesac and nodded slightly at the fine quality before continuing, "It is on the battlefield that you lack experience even compared to myself, much less the centuries a Marine has seen on distant battlefields."

Jyssika
2014-04-30, 07:12 PM
She smiles as her friend and would-be mentor enters; currently the only one to be drinking the amasec.

True; I was a little ambushed, however, by the Watch Commander.

She seems a little more relaxed speaking to Castus; she knows he judges her but she also knows he
does not envy her position nor expects her to be perfect where she is not.

We both know I am not here for my experience on the battlefield; let alone my brilliant way with people.
Not that the subject was even brought up.
And I honestly did not expect him to phrase it in such a way that I was to be leading the team nor did I expect -
She looks to Corlis, a look of vulnerability covered poorly by a smile.
- such undisguised rejection... anyway; what was done and said has been done and said,
I can only improve upon my past failures.

cybric
2014-04-30, 10:51 PM
Brother Kalren

Kaltren left the gathering with his blood up. Those standing next to him might have noticed his breathing quickening but might have played it off to the general strangeness of psykers. The acolyte had been different from the other inquisition personnel he had run across. In Kaltrens experience they were wiggling and manipulative plotters too focused on misdirection and subterfuge to do anything effective. But this one...she had a fire about her. All she had done was talk, and talk but offering to take on a space marine? Now this was a first for him. He headed for his chambers and reviewed his sacred wargear. His Mk VI armor Corvus armor had been repainted, the dark burgundy red now black as night. In these colors he was reminded of his brothers lost to madness in the Death Company of the Flesh Tearers and was reminded of the fate the would most probably claim him. He could almost hear the Chaplains singing the hymns on the wind and realized it was his memories giving rise to sensations in the warp he quickly regained what passed for control amongst Flesh Tearers. The color was also fitting since the armors previous owner meet his end in the Death Company culling the Emperors enemies. The armor was decorated in themes of skulls and blood and fetishes of primal victories symbols of death so that all may know what fate awaits them. Chains held scrolls and other knowledge in check as well and a single skull was mounted on the power pack of the armor

After inspecting his armor and making sure that all the rights had been observed Kaltren split open his palm and placed it against the chest piece. He could feel that the armor still held on to a lingering piece of its previous owner and that should he need it strength would be there. Till we meet again at His side, Brother Captain Gorthaniel.

After securing his trophies and wargear about the transport Kaltren made for the sparing cages. The day and brought up memories better left buried and fighting would be the only thing to calm him now. He had never been one for conversation. He was one with his brothers but Libriarians would always stand apart from the rest of every chapter precisely because of what they are and what they must know. He always preferred to learn about a person by fighting them. Pitting himself against his brothers had pushed his swordsmanship but imagine what fighting against the best of the Astartes would do for him. Brother Valdin, 2nd company's blood champion, had said that he could be so much better if he just gave in to the rage a little more but that was a very thin line. Kaltren disrobed and took a sparing sword from from the rake. Time passed a Kaltren had good bit of sweat worked up and his muscles reacted to his command.

Out of the corner of his eye Kaltren sees brother Zahariel end the sparring chambers. He would soon spill blood with these Astartes he figured he should learn abit about them. Kaltren leans out of his sparring chamber and taps the deck with his sword. "Hey Consecrator, Zahariel, care to go a few rounds? My ire has been up all day and I just can't seem to get it out of my system. Care to see if you can help me quelch?

Cogsrow
2014-04-30, 11:05 PM
-Michael dons his armor and helmet, he takes a deep breath, he was not happy about the assignment. Though he now had something to occupy his time, he thought as he rolled his bike out of the armoury and into the Ship, heading towards where vehicles are stored on the ship, he starts working on the bike's engine, making sure it was well maintained and properly oiled. The act of moving the bike had been very obvious so anyone that wished to talk to him could of caught him mid transport or after he starts painting-

Toxic Mind
2014-04-30, 11:08 PM
"In my eyes, you have already taken the first steps towards doing just that. Not all of us will be won by words or deeds, but each will help you." Corlis looks hard at Vix. "As I said earlier, you have my support, so long as your remain worthy of it. There are those who know you that I trust who have vouched for your worth. That voucher will do, for now. I expect that your mettle shall be tested soon enough, and then I shall make my own decisions."

Corlis has clearly said his piece, and sits back to listen to what the others have to say. He was hardly given to such speeches, but sometimes, for the good of others, he would have to make himself uncomfortable.

Lord Raziere
2014-05-01, 12:10 AM
Ragnus as always, thought a little before responding to Vix. This woman was brave indeed if she was admitting such vulnerability in front of the greatest warriors of mankind. But, time to focus on the problem at hand.
"Well the problem that I see is that we are split between the Brothers in favor of you, and the Brothers who are not. If this meeting is any indication, the majority is the one that isn't favoring you, and that you will have to find a way to get them to trust you. My opinion of you is that you are young, and have been chosen for a situation that is unprecedented or at least highly unusual for both our organizations. It is not unreasonable to expect that there will be some rough terrain ahead. However, a little thing like rough terrain can be overcome, and in some cases taken advantage of to kill the enemy. May the Allfather- or the Emperor, it matters not his name- protect."
He walks out, hoping he had been reassuring.

At the briefing, Ragnus first goes to the Amasec and then sits down and starts quaffing it in big gulps. It wasn't as good as fenrisian ale, but it would have to do.

KasmKat
2014-05-01, 01:49 AM
Percival carefully moves his gear from his temporary quarters to his new accomodations aboard the ship, just starting to check over his armour, newly painted black, with the right shoulder pad replaced with the golden Blood Angels Crest, the white kneepad left with its red Caduceus and the helmet still a bright white, as he is interrupted by a servo skull, Looking at the message quickly, he realises he is already running late, quickly packing away his armour, leaving to the Serf’s to check the machine spirit he heads towards the auditorium turning up just as Ragnus leaves the nearby room, Poking his head inside he sees the people he was looking for.

“I am sorry to be late Lady Belfeaux, I was distracted by my armour and other such things, what did you wish to discuss.” He says quietly, taking a seat near the end of the table.

Jyssika
2014-05-01, 04:51 AM
Welcome;
She waves the last servo skull away and removes another decanter of Amasec from
the cabinet as though suggesting the Space Wolf is free to drink as much as he likes.

Now that you are all here there are just a few things I would like to discuss.
Firstly I was simply wishing for your honest oppinions of my misdeeds so far,
She looks to Percival and Castus; asthough to indicate she expected them
to speak up. She sighs; clearly not wanting move to the next part but
deciding it is not avoidable for ever and better to gauge the reaction of
a few before telling the whole group.

It is perhaps best that I explain my gift and why I am of such importance to the
Ordo Xenos; I am a Blank, an Untouchable, Pariah, Witchbane... a rather potent
one at that.

That is also why I have been keeping my distance from you as much as I can;
even non-psykers will feel a varying degree of discomfort or even disgust at
being in my presence. Of-course over the last decade this has made my role
amonst strong combatants invaluable when comfronted by users or beasts of
the warp.

I only wish that you judge me on who I am; not what I am.
I do not need special favors for being Witchbane.

Kaynebot
2014-05-01, 06:19 AM
Brother Kalren "Hey Consecrator, Zahariel, care to go a few rounds? My ire has been up all day and I just can't seem to get it out of my system. Care to see if you can help me quelch?

Zahariel nodded, "Sure Brother" Pushing off the wall he was leaning against he strode forward. He figured the sparring match could be informative and Zahariel never could turn down a good fight. Disrobing to a bare chest, the metallic arm gleamed, the metal engulfing his whole arm and jagged streaks connecting into his chest. The arm was finely crafted mirroring the real right arm. As Zahariel took the sparring sword in his left hand he spoke, "I have to warn you I don't always fight fair." Zahariel let a corner of his mouth turn up to make the comment sound light, and he motioned to his left hand to show what he meant.

Toxic Mind
2014-05-01, 09:24 AM
That would explain... Corlis thought to himself. He had been puzzling over his reaction at the Omega Gate for some time. When Vix had been in front of him, close enough to touch, he had threatened her with death, and after the situation had ended, Corlis had been wondering why he had done so. The woman had insulted them, to be sure, but Corlis was never the type to announce his threats. He just carried the sentence out, without warning his opponent. "Now that we are better prepared, I believe we will be more able to effectively combat it's influence. Corlis says quietly, still deep in thought about the events of earlier. I use no powers of the warp, and our encounter earlier has given me the full measure of your influence, unless you are capable of amplifying it even further at will. "

Corlis again falls silent, but thinks to himself. Relevant and important information, given to those who need it, to minimize possible complications. Piece by tiny piece, Vix was earning his respect.

Jyssika
2014-05-01, 02:01 PM
Vix shakes her head as-to being able to amplify her power;
not speaking, she felt she had said her piece for now and
was eager to hear the oppinions of others before asking any
more questions or revealing any more of her concerns.

She felt a relationship growing between herself and the Raptor;
whether good or bad she felt she could rely on him being honest.

Her main worry now was how the news would affect the other
marines; she considered not telling them until she had somehow
managed to prove herself worthy in their eyes: she did not want
their relationship to be built upon her simply being an asset.

Nor did she feel she could trust her secret with people she did not
yet trust herself.

Aneurin
2014-05-01, 03:51 PM
Asgeir

In his newly furnished cell on Thunder's Word, Asgeir examines his armour and restores the decorations he had removed before it had been taken to be repainted. The wolf-head vents of the backpack unit look, if anything, more imposing than they did before now that they are picked out in black, with their silver teeth flashing in the light.

As he does so, he reflects on the earlier encounters; his reaction had been... not unnatural, for the girl was clearly an undisciplined and unruly whelp, but instead far more aggravated than it needed to be. Certainly, there had been no need to snap and snarl.

"So," he says aloud to the empty room, as he drapes the heavy, iron-grey fur of a wolf-pelt over the shoulderplates of the ancient armour. "Why?"

And that is, indeed, the question. It was only when she drew near that the effect had truly become apparent. A fluke, perhaps, the vagaries of chance?

Possibly. Perhaps best to wait and see; to stalk, rather than leap for the kill.

Asgeir's fingers trace the runes on the breastplate and the arm guards; every one describing a name, a deed, committed by the past bearers of the the armour. Each had died a Wolf Guard; in it's long history not a single bearer had aspired to a lesser rank. A great legacy to live up to, to be sure; but one of pride and honour.

He smiles to himself; no, he will not disgrace himself with unmannerly fury.

pvi212
2014-05-01, 05:44 PM
Now that you are all here there are just a few things I would like to discuss.
Firstly I was simply wishing for your honest oppinions of my misdeeds so far,
She looks to Percival and Castus; as though to indicate she expected them
to speak up.

"You spoke out of turn to answer a question directed to the Watch Commander, their direct Astartes Commander, and then berated a number of them in public," Castus said speaking frankly, "I have one rule that I have always followed, I chew out in private and praise in public." He took a sip of his drink before continuing, "If you are to be an Inquisitor you must learn how to be diplomatic, even when presented with surprise variables. You will learn that in practice you will deal with people that view themselves rightly or wrongly as your equals, be they Chapter Masters, high ranking Segmentum Commanders, Sector Governors, or even your own peers. They can assist in your endeavors or be a hindrance in the course of your career, and often times you will get only one chance to leave a good impression on them."

Jyssika
2014-05-03, 03:16 AM
Vix sighed as indistinctly as she possibly could
she knew her mentor would have to have his
moment of critique and she knew what he would
say; the very same things that had consumed
her thoughts since then. She wished he had
added something else; even if it was just to
say it in a friendly manner compared to the
Astartes and her own thoughts.

She smirked as he mentioned that in her career
people would consider themselves rightly or
wrongly has her equal; considering that once she
became an Inquisitor she truely would be above
all but her direct superiors. It was interesting that
infront of these Astartes he would say as such,
essentially saying at best the Astartes where her
equals and at worst inferiors, when a number of
them clearly believed themselves to be superior.

Castus had served under Inquisitors before; like
Vix but not hers, not directly anyway. Vix however
had the privilege of serving from a very young age
and had always been treat more like family than an
Acolyte... She reminded herself now was not the
time and returned her mind to the meeting.

Thank you Castus;
She smiles widely, warm.
Perhaps from now on I shall allow you to do my diplomacy
for me;
She raises a glass in a toast;
allow you to explain to these great Astartes I am their equal.

Vixen knows Castus will not be entirely happy at her
joke but hopes he will understand. She is doing
her best to follow his advice and was a little worried
his insinuations that she is equal to the Astartes
might earlier wounds.

pvi212
2014-05-03, 09:30 AM
Castus let a light frown cross his face at her joke, he had been given a light brief on her background and her somewhat sheltered upbringing. Part of his job was to get her to realize that the wider galaxy would eat alive a naïve Inquisitor that didn't have a firm background in the practical use of her authority. He took a sip of his drink as he glanced over at the Marines, "I believe that it might be time to move to the main area where I believe you challenged your Marines to try you." He smiled broadly, "I'll have my medipack ready."

KasmKat
2014-05-03, 11:33 PM
Percival Listens carefully to both Vix, Corlis and Castus, saying nothing as he weighs their statements carefully, finally coming to a conclusion. “My lady, as Corlis has said, you answered a question directed at the watch captain, I understand that you did this for what you felt was a good reason, however you were trying to make us give you our respect. The respect of a space marine is only ever given to those who have earned it, not through words but through deeds. I believe this would be a good thing for you to remember in the future, many Battle brothers of some chapters would have challenged you then and there, in fact you are lucky you were not challenged, I suspect only the gaze of the Emperor and the Watch Captain stopped this.” Looking towards Corlis and then looking back he continues, “You have offered to spar with some of us, and that is a brave thing to do, but is suspect that you would not enjoy what a space marine considers Sparring… However if you wish, I will still spar with you. As to you being an Untouchable, that is something I have not encountered before, however as I am not a Librarian I do not know how it will affect me, if at all, so we must see what will happen when it happens.”

dupersudi
2014-05-04, 10:31 AM
Caetus listens to the Acolyte explain her condition. I wonder if it is a sanctioned mutation? It must be if she is permitted to serve the Inquisition freely. He looks to see if she has an explosive collar or other such means of coercion. Perhaps it is an implant? He remains silent, and with his eyes, you can never tell where he is looking.

Jyssika
2014-05-06, 05:34 PM
Vix listens to their council; she makes a valid attempt to not
look too drained by their repetition of her mistakes but as
usual fails. She simply attempts to pass it as modesty
in her failure, she doubts any of them would wish to be
in her shoes but sadly they are not her.

Still waiting if either of the other Marines choose to speak
before leaving for the meeting she checks her chrono; the
marines would be showing up to the Auditorium soon and
she did not want to be late for her own welcome party.

Lord Raziere
2014-05-08, 03:22 AM
"So you have an ability that rids others of warp sorcery? No wonder the Inquisition values you highly. I wonder, did they send you to see what the tactical benefits we could get out of your ability?It would make sense...pity it is so rare though. I could think of more than few situations where that would be useful to the wider Imperium.

Anyways I think you will do fine, as long you don't get in the way of the battle. As for sparring, I am an Assault Marine. Not my area of specialty. I prefer my enemies in hordes, charging together and falling dead to a hail of bolter fire!"
he said as he downs the last of his amasec.
"But seriously, Lady Belfeaux. Your like a Blood Claw, and Blood Claws often charge in screaming bloody murder and killing whatever is in their way. You would think they die more often, but...they often so overwhelming and good at what they do, that they live and soon learn from their mistakes. Learn to direct it, so to speak and focus their recklessness to good ends, to know when to charge. That is what I learned that allowed me to become a Grey Hunter. The recklessness can be good, if used right. Learn to use it right, and I think you'll do well."
He then rises and walks to the Auditorium, thinking that will probably be good enough advice.

Jyssika
2014-05-08, 01:02 PM
We should make our way to the breifing; if anyone has anything
further to say feel free to find me at a later time.

Vix tap's her Chrono indicating to everyone else who wasn't checking
that it was time for their meeting. She stands and follows the Space
Wolf out of the door at a safe distance.

--

The Audetorium has been setup with a large semi-circle of heavy set
chairs; similar to those in the office but clearly built for utility and not
so much for decoration.

At the centre of the semi-circle is a chalked out duelling circle very
similar to those created for duels amonst naval forces and a plinth
at the other side.

Either side of the plinth are a few more seats and key members of
the ships staff are already seated waiting for the Marines to arrive.
Captain/Techpriest/any other important roles.

Along the walls at the very edges are an array of dueling tools
and a small team of the ships medicae staff.

Vix stands at the entrance to the Audetorium; a safe distance to people
entering but close enough to give a small greeting to everyone entering
and thank them for showing up.

Toxic Mind
2014-05-08, 01:41 PM
Corlis Vahn walks into the auditorium, his face impassive once more. He nods as he passes Vix, but says nothing. Everything he needed to say has been said earlier. He takes a seat in one of the chairs, and casually eyes the circle. He looks around to those assembled, unperturbed with being the first to sit. Corlis Vahn is always early, after all.

ArcturusV
2014-05-08, 02:34 PM
Salazar arrived, as ordered, and early, without arms, without weapons. He didn't take a seat, his tall, dark frame and long black hair a strange image compared to his more lighter toned marines comrades in general, his hands clasped behind his back as he inspected the scene that lay before him. Human crewman, he recognized the insignias and markings of their rank and role, the Inquisitor in Training, and one fellow Marine who had taken a seat. But more interesting to him was the focus on the clearly ceremonial dueling grounds and preparations. He had heard that other Marines often conducted such rituals for a variety of reasons, it wasn't something he was too familiar with among the Brazen Angels, but he had at least heard of it as part of his preparation for this assignment and warnings about the odd, even backwards seeming cultures of other chapters.

Had the Inquisitor girl planned on carrying out her threat of combat, determined that the only way the group could work together was to beat the ever living **** out of each other, or her, first? It was a curious thought that caused his eyebrow to arch slightly. He had heard that some groups, like the Space Wolves and Imperial Fist based chapters, were fond of such behavior after all.

dupersudi
2014-05-08, 05:27 PM
Caetus stands and follows the Acolyte to the Audetorium. Upon entering he moves to a seat as far away from the ships crew. He sits in silence and waits, his obsidian black eyes never closing.

pvi212
2014-05-08, 06:14 PM
Castus drained the last of his amasec as he stood up, placing his glass back on the table. He followed the group and slipped into a seat by the ship's crew, he watched Vix stand by the entrance and greet people as they entered. It was much different than the briefings he attended in the Guard where the senior officers either arrived last or where already at the podium talking to aids and the like while the rest of their officers entered. He leaned back in the heavily padded chair and waited for the briefing to begin, absently wondering how long before they received the intelligence on their possible missions.

KasmKat
2014-05-11, 07:41 PM
Not touching the amasec Percival considers the inquisitors words carefully, waiting until the others have left before heading towards the auditorium, wondering how well the inquisitor can actually fight, if there is any point of sparring with her… He takes a stand near the duelling circle, looking around at the weapons on the walls.

cybric
2014-05-12, 01:19 AM
Kaltren and Zaharel dueled each other trading blows at incredible speeds. Kaltrens fury lent itself to his chapters style which was as vicious as it was unrelenting but Zahreil fought with speed and grace and true to his word he did not right fair. But then again neither did Kaltren. Zaharel moved around Kaltren in ever changing rings moving from position to position and every blow that was launched but Kaltren was met with party and dodge and a firm punch from a steel hand. Kaltren launched blow after blow but Zahariel deftly dodged each thrust and cleave. Eventually though Kaltren was able to gain the upper hand and secured the dual and it was done through sheer brute force. The rush was exhilarating. Zahariel was a worth opponent and Kaltren itched to get another crack at him but time was not on there side. Kaltren was eager to fight Zahariel again but he was even more eager for a mission. With a voice that seemed to perpetually growl Kaltren said

"You're fast on your feet consecrator I'll give you that. We'll do this again. I'm not known For my company but blades I know and now I know your blade as well. The others of our new group I don't know about but you mind just end up being alright...". For a moment Kaltrens eyes seem to unfocus as he stared at his brothers sword. It might look as if Kaltren is looking beyond his brother as he exerts control of his mind. He gazes past Zahariel and says "we should be moving" and leaves the training caves. As a Flesh Tearer Kaltrens blood fury called out at all times but as a librarian that call was echoed and channeled into the warp. He could feel shadows playing across his mind and the constant threat of one predator in particular was ever present whenever he gave himself to the fury.

Kaltren regained his composure and arrived at the auditorium. Kaltren still was sure how the inquisitor intended to fight a astartes but this was his road to penance and he would walk it regardless.

Jyssika
2014-05-13, 10:41 AM
Vix stepped up onto the podium; a little awkwardly
at first but quickly gaining composure.

Firstly let me Welcome you all to the Thunder's Word;
I hope you have all found your quarters to be in order aswell
as any other facilities you might need.

She gestures to each of the members of the ships crew
that have been invited and introduces them in-turn.

Finally I would like to introduce Castus Drake; he is a senior
acolyte, advisor and bodyguard in the service of the
Inquisition and his master was a dear friend of
my own. He will be be aiding me in my transition from
acolyte to Inquisitor.

She clearly didn't like the term master; but it was
one most understood by those whom had never
been in service as an Inquisitor's Acolyte and used
it for that reason.

She nodded to the assembled staff
Thank you for your time; if any of you need
anything pre-departure please let me know.

If Castus looked at her for confirmation as to whether
to leave or not she will clearly indicate he is supposed to
stay in the briefing.

As the staff leave the doors are sealed omninously;
clearly the rest of the briefing is intended to take
place in private.

Now that we are alone I would like to appologize
for my earlier transgressions and perhaps fill in
some of the blanks -

She smiles to herself; unwittingly enjoying the unintended pun.
that have been left in your breifing. I am an untouchable;
my presence dampens psykers and their ability to manifest
the powers of the warp.

She pauses - allowing the news to settle in but
quickly moving on before questions could be asked.
My aura, however, also has a tendancy to upset and unsettle
those around me and frankly my lack of human interaction
outside of my own Acolyte cell has left me with little practice
not to mention with those of such calibre as yourselves.

She speaks frankly and matter of fact; her words not
so much a compliment as simply stating they are super
humans.

It is part of my process of becomming an Inquisitor that
I must develop to be able to deal with all rolls I need fill;
just as in your duty over the centuries you may occasionally
have to deal with other Chapters, Adeptus and the Inquisiton.

I hope we can put our start behind us and work together
without animosity.

She steps off the podium;

Any questions?

Toxic Mind
2014-05-13, 11:19 AM
Corlis remains silent. His questions are answered, he needs only his assignment.

dupersudi
2014-05-13, 01:23 PM
Caetus sits and waits for the Acolyte to finish. His mind turns towards his next assignment, he wondered who, or what he was going to get to kill, and how long it would be until then.

Kaynebot
2014-05-13, 05:42 PM
Zahariel graciously accepts the loss, mentally berating himself, demanding he train harder. Zahariel wouldn't let the fact he was more versed in a versatile fighting style using sword and gun as a crutch for what just happened, and he wasn't degrading Kaltren's win either. It was the just the harsh manner that Zahariel treated himself.

Listening to apology, Zahariel kept a stone face, no emotion. He couldn't stop himself from thinking how actions are worth more than idol words, guess time will tell if these are idol. and how excuses mean nothing, even if she was an Untouchable,. Zahariel did relinquish that recompense could be made with future actions, he would stand on the sideline and see if that happens.

pvi212
2014-05-14, 03:49 PM
Castus remained seated as the rest of the ship's crew got up and left to finish preparations for departure. He turned his attention to the Marines studying their reaction to the news of Vix's ability, as his mind wondered just what the missions being prepared by the Watch Commander would consist of, and hoping for a couple of cake walks to work out the kinks and issues any team was bound to encounter.