PDA

View Full Version : ABF:BtOS - Strolling Through the Forest

bunnygirl
2014-04-26, 07:19 PM
<< Archangel Is Where It's At (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?344501-ABF-BtOS-Archangel-Is-Where-It-s-At&p=17374222&viewfull=1#post17374222)

The forest that nestles around a small town and tourist spot known as Good Rest is comprised of mostly evergreen pine and thick cypress trees. Very woodsy stock of lumber can come from here. There also seems to be a source of spring water that flows through here from the mountains nearby. It's also a forest that is teeming with all sorts of wildlife. Squirrels, salmon, deer, wolves, bears, just to name a few. It smells and feels like the true outdoors.

Techno Magician
2014-04-27, 01:11 AM
Pascal awoke to the high sun shining in her eyes, just emerging from behind the clouds, gliding back down to the ground she breathed in the fresh air. She wasn't sure if the others had also taken a rest before heading out, so she had her homunculus take a quick surveillance of the surrounding area. Seeing a small camp fire that had burned out and a tent, the bird had found Jakri's site. Pascal wrote a quick note down explaining that she was continuing her search for a mages guild at Good Rest and he could meet up with her there if he wished or if he was heading back to Archeangel told him to leave his contact information with their female friend who had given them a ride.

Not wanting to wait any longer than she had to, she decided to head out right away towards her destination, probably hitting a pub or inn first to see what rumors where going around.

bunnygirl
2014-04-27, 06:32 PM
Pascal

Pascal's pet will receive the note and take off to make the delivery.

In the meanwhile, Pascal will be en route to Good Rest. Upon arriving, she will discover the tourist spot to be most odd. Good Rest isn't exactly arranged like a typical town with it's people and it's establishments. Good Rest comprises of several lodgings and inns in it's own color, name, and make, where each of their front doors has a sign put in place that advertises for various things from the first night's stay being free, free breakfast, to half off discounts across the board. Each business seems to be desperate to draw in customers as competition is high when everyone sells almost the exact same thing in the exact same place

Jakri

A strange bird swoops by. An object drops right on Jakri's head. It's a letter. It reads, "To Jakri, from Pascal! :D" When Jakri opens it and reads the contents, it will describe Pascal's instructions and offer to come find her at Good Rest or go back to Archangel and inform Emila of her last known location.

PhoenixRise
2014-04-27, 08:56 PM
When Jakri wakes, he first immediately checks for Pascal. However, he see's that she has already left to be on her way. Damn, I must have just missed her...I guess I'll try contacting her in another time. I should try to meet with Korla to understand more about myself first. Perhaps she can teach me how to repair someones eyesight... With a sigh, he returns to his snares, checking if there has been anything caught within them.

He slowly packs his thing and, after checking once more is Pascal has not returned, turned to return to Archangel. However, in the back of his mind, it kept knawing on him. He felt something within him, tugging him onwards to meet with Pascal, as if continuing his journey with her will lead him to the answers he seeks. At first he ignores it, but the feeling grows stronger, compelling him to turn around and meet with Pascal. In the end he succumbs, and chases Pascal to "Good Rest"

bunnygirl
2014-04-28, 08:08 PM
Jakri

When Jakri comes up his animal traps, he will find that he has managed to trap a pair of brown, bushy-tailed squirrels. Yum! Moving on to Good Rest, he will find his chance encounter with a girl who he will recognize as Pascal. It doesn't end just there, however, Jakri will spy up ahead in front of one of the many inns another who he will recognize as a friend. It is Korla, the woman he had made the acquaintance with back at his hometown in Kanon. Korla, cloaked inconspicuously, appears to be trying to shake off a little old lady who seems to think she's interested in half-discounted night's stay at one of the inns in Good Rest.

Pascal

Why, look at that, Pascal! It's Jakri! Looks like Jakri received that letter just in time, after all!

Techno Magician
2014-04-29, 11:11 AM
Pascal sees Jakri from her birds eye view from a little ways away, "yaaay, i was so lost at where to start in my search anyways". Running over towards him she waves arm raised straight above head "Heyya there, you came" with a grin on her face.

"That's good that's good! I think I might need your help, I'm not exactly the best at detecti..." Pascal instinctively turns her head to look to see if anyone is watching before realizing she can just look from above "finding sources of the supernatural, I never really trained in sensing the stuff, I was too preoccupied in controlling it, can you do it by any chance"

current upkeep-53
income-160
old-225
current-332

PhoenixRise
2014-05-04, 07:04 AM
Jakri greets Pascal upon seeing her Hello! Quite quick, arn't you? I couldn't believe how fast you left.. At the back of his mind, he could not help but want to ask Pascal questions about Nephilims, but perhaps that would be best for another time.

Upon hearing Pascal, Jakri quickly glances around, scanning those around him. That change of wording doesn't help much...
He then says to Pascal, shaking his head I'm afraid I don't really have much of an ability for that. I mostly just taught myself what I know.

Techno Magician
2014-05-05, 03:29 PM
"Oh well, I guess we will just have to ask around then, I understand the theory behind it but never had much practice myself", smiling she suggests heading into the pub to gather some information.

bunnygirl
2014-05-06, 06:49 AM
Oddly enough, Good Rest is comprised of mostly inn and lodging businesses, one after another. If there is anything resembling a pub or tavern, it's likely a cafe of some kind. The first cafe that can be located is one that is built into the first floor of an inn-like establishment inside a row of big windows. Up front, there is a sign that claims half of breakfast meals.

Techno Magician
2014-05-08, 10:56 AM
Pascal approaches the cafe's storefront and trying to make light of the topic "Hey I heard some people talking about weird things happening lately, your town haunted or something?" laughing lightly, while browsing the menu.

PhoenixRise
2014-05-08, 09:26 PM
Jakri, after being led of by Pascal to the pub, recalled sighting Korla back in the town center. Excusing himself, he quickly ducks off to try to find her again.
Hopefully she's still here. Thought I guess she may be doing something secretive....maybe I will observe from a distance for a bit.

bunnygirl
2014-05-09, 02:31 PM
Pascal

The sign advertises for half-discount for bed in breakfast at the Red Deer Inn. When Pascal puts out an inquiry to no one in particular, an elderly man cutting the tops of bushes with some copper shears answers, "What was that? Good Rest? Haunted? Not that I am aware of!" His copper shears make scissoring motions around the corners of the bush. "But if it's a story 'round these parts that you are looking for, the forest that backdrops Good Rest has been said to be special. Hunters often come around wondering about 'magical animals' or some such. Are you a hunter?"

Jakri

The woman Jakri recognizes easily as Korla, one of the Holy Empire's agents, will be observed to be trying to politely turn away a little old lady who is trying to sell her a two night stay at her inn. Eventually, however, Jakri will see that Korla has been able to thwart the old lady who returns inside a building with a scowl on her face. Korla sighs in relief. She is left standing in the middle of the town center among a newlywed couple sitting on a bench, a pair of mercenaries sitting on a patio, and other less notable folks.

Techno Magician
2014-05-11, 10:57 AM
Looking up at the man and pointing to her eyes, "Not personally but a friend of mine is, and I was a bit worried with the tales I heard, can you tell me anything about the area?"

bunnygirl
2014-05-11, 11:43 AM
"The forest around Good Rest gets a lot of hunters and hikers. There can be lucrative coin for animal goods and other things." He chuckles, "The fairy tales, though, say the forest is supposed to be home to some kind of magical animal that hunters can only hope to catch and bring back. 'Guardian of the Forest', they say. However, no one's seen it to make it truth. I think it's just someone making it up to attract customers here." He waves his hand into the direction of the numerous inns and lodgings that comprise of Good Rest. Then, he offers, "Would you like me to bring you a chair? Or do you need me to help you get to where you need to go?"

Techno Magician
2014-05-11, 04:36 PM
"Unless you know someone who claims to know more of the forest, I will be fine. I'm sure I'll be able to find him in short order. Less he has more knowledge Pascal will head towards where Jakri was last seen heading towards.

PhoenixRise
2014-05-12, 11:35 PM
Sighting Korla, Jakri watches for a slightly longer. Noticing that Korla wasn't currently attempting to disguise herself and isn't seeming to try to stay unnoticed, Jakri approaches her casually, catching her eye. Upon walking up to her, Jakri smiles, and says.

Hello! Do you remember me? What a coincidence meeting you here. What are you doing out here? Hopefully that old lady didn't trouble you too much?

bunnygirl
2014-05-13, 06:26 PM
The woman Jakri approaches will tilt her head to the side, and make some funny, confused expression at him. Korla doesn't recognize the young man at first. Tick, tock, tick, tock... Awkward silence... Ding! "Omigosh! Hi, Jakri!" Korla is exactly how Jakri last remembers her. Blond hair in two a set of braids around both of her shoulders, green-eyed, young-looking, and thin, but in agile kind of way, like an athletic gymnast. She is clothed like a typical mercenary, as being dressed in the uniform that belonged to the Holy Empire would totally blow the scout's cover. "Shhh!" She leans in close to her friend and places her index finger over her lips. Then, whispering to him, "It's called hiding-in-plain-sight! It totally works!" This time, grinning, "I'm here to investigate the on-goings in the Holy Empire! There has been some strange disturbances happening and I was tasked to seek them out." Korla turns her head, seeing a young woman with her eyes scarred and shut upon her face. "Is that your friend, Jakri?"