PDA

View Full Version : The Quicksilver Hourglass

Mishkov
2014-04-26, 08:02 PM
Having discovered the ripple just one day earlier, Ojhalia, the archmage, had already expended all the sendings she could cast. Few had answered the sending as the gravity of the situation was apparent, and she felt like she could have had her sendings blocked. The cabal could be that wicked though I never imagined they would be that smart she thought. Situated in her own demiplane, floating between the spaces between planes, she looked out at the water, flowing upwards, a strange quirk of her plane but it suited her. A nice breeze flowed through the air upon her floating balcony outside the library, and she looked one more time out on the ones who answered.

There was the psion, responsible for the destruction of the lich, Pirate Bonebeard, probably cabal though it was unsure if that was known yet. The child of stone, apparently who had taken down a circle of black magi. The lich, the walker, who Ojhalia was unsure of really, but apparently had slain the Blue Dragon Wyrm, Sriilk; definitely the gamble in the group, but the rumor was that he had turned down membership in the cabal. He answered regardless. Her eyes moved to the final man, an air genasi. Thief of the Sultan's treasure, outsmarting Red Rage himself...a useful man to send into this prison. She had wished she could have called upon more or was strong enough to leave this plane herself but so it was not to be...

She began, nervously, "The ages are punctuated by cataclysms that involve direct conflict among the gods. Perhaps in your travels you have heard tales of such armageddons? Certainly, countless such events have taken place in the past, and I guarantee more will take place in the future. Occasionally, something from these deific wars survives, to be uncovered in a later age. A jeweled songbird appears and is used by a crusading bard to free the Kingdoms of Man. A simple mercenary captain rides a leaden destrier, draining the force of any spell cast in its presence, and conquers the greatest magocracy of his world. A fortress that causes all living things to age a year in a single minute is discovered by a genocidal sorcerer who uses it to murder the Material Plane. The first two tales are history. The third will come to pass in seven days, unless you can stop it."

You're welcome to post how you received the sending, found the plane, and traveled to it, or simply ask questions to her now.

Svata
2014-04-26, 09:27 PM
"Wonderful. More insane sorcerers." Jalor intoned dryly, "In what way could he or she be stopped? Is there any?" He asks quite seriously, realizing that preventing this act could fufill one of his greatest wishes, proving beyond a shadow of a doubt that not all undead were evil.

bcool999
2014-04-26, 09:54 PM
Ferris

Ferris rolls his eyes at the dry dusty fellow next to him. "We are going after a sorcerer correct? In that case we just need to walk up to him or her and use the pointy end of a sword." He turns back to their hostess (who probably should have just have plane shifted them here rather than having him find that portal) and asks, "What I am curious about is how he is going to use this fortress to kill everyone on a plane? Will he somehow encompass the entire plane with it? Is that even possible? Or is he using the fortress to quickly build an army or something?"

Ferris shrugs, "The who and how doesn't really matter I suppose, you already told us the when, that leaves the where as the important bit, or is this going to be one of those 'Somewhere amongst the planes of existence' nonsense because if we only have a week we don't have time to be stomping through the planes looking."

J-H
2014-04-26, 10:31 PM
"Thank you for inviting me. The councils would be displeased if we were left out.

This...fortress is certainly a novel way of creating an existential threat. I wonder what logic would cause even a deity to create such a strange thing? Since you speak of it as a fortress and not a mere artifact, I assume that either the sorcerer has an army to man it, or the fortress is meant to protect something else inside it-either as a protection, a vault, or as a prison."

The tall, slender elan turns his head on his neck as he speaks, just enough outside of the normal human range of motion to seem odd.

"I disagree with the child of rock here. Who and how is immensely important, as there may be better ways to approach this than at the point of a sword. What can you tell us? I assume this is no simple dabbler in magic who got lucky. Since we are summoned, I must deduce that he is protected against a direct assault by scrying and teleportation. Is that not the case?

Also tell us what you know of the fortress and its effects. We may be able to protect ourselves from the aging and other effects if we are forced to enter it." Ricter looks around for any scrolls or books that might be placed nearby as part of their briefing.

Mishkov
2014-04-26, 11:55 PM
The mage eyed up the lich and mentioned to him, "Perhaps you have heard of him, Baucojin, a powerful vampire sorcerer, and the leader of a cabal of undead known as the Union of Eclipses. He’s traveled the planes extensively. I can only speculate that he learned of the Quicksilver Hourglass on one of these sojourns. There is a rumor that you were invited to the cabal and declined to be a part of their evil order, yourself..."

She turned to the others an stated, "Anyway, he used an epic spell he created solely to detect such an anomalous region in the corners of the multiverse. Once he found it, he used another epic spell to create a portal from a cavern deep underground to the timevoid. When he and his allies passed through the portal, I noticed a strange fluctuation in the flow of time—essentially, time stopped for a fragment of an instant while the portal was open. I have always been sensitive to temporal magic, but even I almost didn’t notice the ripples the portal caused."

In responding to the stonechild's question, she says, "I would hope you can go after him. He has to leave a portal open in order to affect the realms. It's complicated, and I won't go into the details. Needless to say, it's in a cave of abominations who may anticipate your arrival and likely guarded by his allies. If he is able to activate the hourglass from within, he will be able to use it to affect the plane through the portal he has opened which will greatly accelerate the aging of all within the entire material prime itself. You must travel through the portal he created and destroy Baucojin before he finishes his plan. At the same time, if you find a way to disarm the Quicksilver Hourglass itself, you’ll be able to remove a terrible threat from the multiverse."

She looks to the psion. "Yes, I can see you're somewhat well versed in these matters. The hourglass is both a plane and a relic, a weapon and a time void. Until this morning, I’d thought of timevoids as little more than theory. Turns out, they exist. When two planes are coterminous, that is, when two planes share a boundary, pockets of time become trapped between them. These pockets are timevoids—self-contained demiplanes cut off from the rest of the multiverse. Indeed, cut off from time itself; a creature trapped in a timevoid would cease aging, but would also be unable to escape without the most powerful magic. As for the fortress itself, there are likely creatures that have been trapped there for eons. I certainly wouldn't recommend using any epic dispelling spells while you are there as it could affect the hourglass in unexpected ways. The timevoid is rapidly ‘catching up’ on the
last several thousand years of time it ignored. You’ll doubtless age quite rapidly while you are there, adding further to the need to see a quick solution to the problem. Hopefully, one of my allies will be able to reverse this unnatural aging once you successfully return...there is little else I know about the plane. Magic may be somewhat...contained, I am not sure. I suspect there will not be any gravity on the plane."

You can roll knowledge for background--history, religion or arcane for stories regarding it but the actual mechanics are a bit of a surprise :smallsmile:

Svata
2014-04-27, 06:24 AM
"Would the extremely fast passage of time have an effect on me, given that I do not age?" inquires the undead aasimar, as he thinks on the things the archmage had mentioned.

K. Planes[roll0]
K. Religion[roll1]
K. Arcana[roll2]

Mishkov
2014-04-27, 10:10 AM
"No," the archmage replied, "This would title the balance of power extremely back to the undead who would then rule. I believe this is his plan. However, I would suggest you bring your phylactery jar with you as if you are destroyed on the inside, it will be a much quicker timeline than relying on the time on the outside..." She eyes the lich with some distaste, subtle but present to those who are trying to discern her attitudes.

Svata
2014-04-27, 11:07 AM
He nods, understanding, but noting her distaste, "Good point. I will do so, and help to stop this menace. As for the cabal, I did turn down membership. I wonder if the necromancers I defeated in Yent were affiliated with them? Either way, my previous invitation to join them may be our way in past them, so that we can stop them more easily..."

BelGareth
2014-04-27, 11:52 AM
Floki was sipping from a cup filled with wine from a large, voluptuous woman, he was enjoying himself, and then a stupid, thrice damned sending popped into his head.

Blah blah blah blah blah, "save the universe" blah blah "Our souls" blah blah "All of creation" blah blah.

He didn't really pay it any heed, ignoring it for the most part, except for the small matter of who had sent it, it had been a while since he had seen Ojhalia, perhaps she wasn't angry at him anymore?

He shrugged his shoulders, took a sip, and then looked up at the biggest cleavage he had seen.

Frowning he battled himself, why are you going to go, its wonderful here! He thought, You know why, its the principal of thing, it must be done. again, thinking to himself. All hail the planar champion, you twit, its good here....

The next day found Floki gaining passage on the planar merchant ship Questhafir, the Illithid captain seemed pleased to take on a passenger, the gold disappearing into his slimy hands almost as soon as they touched his skin, some hidden stomach, he was sure. He would be dropped off at the Whirling vortex, where he would disembark, and find the Archmages demiplane, if his memory was correct.

And it always was.

With an audible 'pop' he entered the demiplane through the backdoor, he smiled at the irony, the last time he had been here he....well yes. Perhaps it would be different this time around?

He flew off on the wings of an angel, smiling as he did, the golden arboreal feathers pushing him forward.

Floki smiled, as he did, a half mocking, half jovial smile of rebelliousness, he was about to say something smart, something that would get him hit, or put into a stockaded, but decided not to. The others were an interesting bunch, at least this adventure would have him in different company, there was that.

He will use his Cunning Brilliance ability to gain Bardic Knowledge for 1 minute.
[roll0]

He held his hands together and tilted his head to the side, "I do hope you have directions for us to this...portal of yours?" he said with a smile.

bcool999
2014-04-27, 11:57 AM
Ferris

"Was that 'aging a year a minute' thing accurate? If so I have about 50 minutes before I start feeling my age. Then it is all downhill from there... I don't suppose there is a spell that will protect me from aging either? Like how monks can be as spry as they were when they were in their twenties but be a week away from kicking the bucket?"

He looks hopefully at the archmage before sighing and responding to Jalor. "Even if they did still want you, why would they allow you to bring living people with you? Unless you plan on smuggling us in somehow? I will tell you right now that I hate the old 'hide your friends in the bag of holding' trick, but if that's what it takes just remember that some of us still require air."

Svata
2014-04-27, 01:19 PM
"Either drop a Gate right in front of you, take you as corpses then resurrect you, or a portable hole, as those have more space and air."

Mishkov
2014-04-27, 04:48 PM
Ojhalia glared at the air gensai, apparently not as forgiven as he had thought, and pursed her lips as she replied to them all, "Yes...I have 'directions' so to speak. I can open a gate into the area that they have their portal, but, um, it's on Hjlikajamir..."

DC 25 planes/history/religion, DC20 bardic
Hjlikajamir is a forsaken demiplane residing near the material prime and the hells. It is a plane where abominations are often banished to. There is always a chance for planar travel to fail to take you off of that plane as a trait of the plane thus making an effective prison for the abominations.

DC40 the planes, DC30 bardic
Hjlikajamir has an interesting feature that all planar travel TO the region will land in one specific area, no matter where you attempt to send the portal. Some abominations know of this location and often lie in wait for unsuspecting travelers.

Normal gravity
Highly morphic
Normal time
Self-contained shape
Mildly aligned evil
Normal magic

"...so I can get you there," she said after an awkward pause, "but you'll have to find a way back yourselves. You will not be able to gate or shift into or out of the hourglass itself. The plane protects itself from planar travel. The vampire must have found a way to open a permanent portal into the plane with an epic spell. I do not have time to research a protection spell from time effects or a way in or out, but I know there is a portal on Hjlikajamir. I don't know the exact time mechanics of the plane, but it will likely accelerate as time passes. I believe you should be ok for...a week, at least 4 days. Probably.

Mechanics of time since I'm sure you're all wondering...

Years passing

Day per day per hour
1 3 45 days
2 9 137 days
3 27 1 year
4 81 3 years
5 243 10 years
6 729 30 years
7 2187 90 years

If a character ages enough to advance into a new age category, he suffers the physical effects of aging (penalties to Strength, Dexterity, and Constitution) but not the benefits to mental ability scores. Constructs, elementals, outsiders, undead, and deities are immune to these effects. The timeless body ability provides immunity to this aging effect. As long as someone is magically aging, they are also automatically fatigued. The Endurance feat prevents this fatigue, but rest does not remove it. At the end of day seven, Baucojin’s epic spell shunts the Hourglass to the Material Plane, and every living thing on that plane experiences 100 years of aging per round.

Svata
2014-04-27, 05:11 PM
(taking 10 on k. planes for 46) "Hjlikajamir, if I recall correctly, is a rather... unpleasant place. I can bring us back, should we need to leave, as long as we can get back from the hourglass first. I will make a quick run to the City of Brass, to a shop I have been to several times before, to pick up a scroll of Mass Death Ward, so we don't need to wait for me to be able to prepare it. Anyone else need anything?"

J-H
2014-04-27, 10:57 PM
"Jalor, I suspect that they would not allow you back into their group and take us to the Hourglass within the week. As a new member, you would be put somewhere non-critical on the front lines until proven.

Unfortunately, we will probably need to take the direct approach. Perhaps we can at least be stealthy about it - I'm sure I can elude almost any method of detection. I cannot share that, but I can provide mental protection [mind blank] to any who need it."

BelGareth
2014-04-28, 11:33 AM
Floki grimaces as he recalls what he knows about this...'Dead pantheon', but unfortunately, that was all he could think of from all the rumors and stories he had heard, strange that. He turned his mind to the vast library of books, tomes, and passages he had read, and kept in his head, he leafed through them quickly, faster than any librarian or speed reader had need of, until he found what he was looking for.

He will take 20 per cunning Knowledge and Insight abilities to get an auto check of 54 Knowledge religion. Getting all the info.

He frowned slightly at what he read, he recalled reading, he mentally closed the book and put it back in his minds library, noting the location for later inspection.

Smiling at Ojhalia's glance, he begins to speak, his mouth hanging open, his hand in the air to make some grand point, with a superficial gesture, but he pauses, Hjlikajamir?

He auto makes that with his Bardic Knowledge, which should still be going.

His word that was hanging from his lips in his strange stance, hand in the air finally comes forth. "Interesting" he said with a gleam in his eye. His hand being held out, straight up to declare his intrigue.

"And will this Aoorxiat be attempting to find this gate as well? One could only think so, wouldn't you think, being the lone suvivor of a crushed pantheon, and having hunting for it, since...well, since his banishment, hmm, and it seems you are sending us to an ambush, an abominambush? BaH!" he yells out loud, and winks at Ojhalia one more time, "Oh, I do hope those were things you were going to tell us about!"

He pauses suddenly and looks to the Lich "The Brass city you say?"

Svata
2014-04-28, 12:04 PM
"Yes, on the Plane of Fire. It would take me no longer than five to ten minutes," he pauses for a moment, then reluctantly nods in agreement, "And yes, you're probably right about them putting me on the front lines and such."

bcool999
2014-04-28, 01:22 PM
Ferris

Ferris nods as talk returns to the solution he first suggested. Arrogant spellcasters always expect you to be tricky when you come at them. It is hilarious when they go wide eyed at hearing you came in through the front door.

He turns to the man who offered him mental protection. "I am usually good at keeping spellcasters out of my head if I don't want them there. And if worst comes to worst, I have my armor and my ring to keep me from turning on the rest of you in a foggy haze." Ferris says reassuringly.

All he got out of the archmage and the Air Genesai Poor guy didn't choose to be an air-head... was that they were going to a bad place and that there were people who needed to be taught some manners... so really nothing he didn't already get from the introduction.

At the mention of the City of Brass Ferris snaps his head around and says one word, "Shawarma."
He then digs in his bag of holding for some coin. "The Plane of Fire, and the City of Brass especially, has the best Shawarma I have ever come across. I make a habit of never passing through without getting some." He hands the money over to the Lich and says, "It will definitely land you on my good side if you can get me some steaming hot Shawarma!" Ferris says with a smile that says, "And if you don't get me any I may 'accidentally' hit the wrong undead in the future."

Mishkov
2014-04-28, 10:10 PM
The mage snaps at Floki, "There are a lot of things on my mind, Aoorxiat is the least of my worries, but, yes, I would suspect he could be searching or already have found the portal and be inside the hourglass. The longer it takes you to prepare, the more time is accelerated. We cannot have daddling. Let me know when to open a portal to Hjlikajamir. It will be one way and short lived. I do not intend anything to leak through to my demi-plane..." She looks to the other in waiting.

Svata
2014-04-29, 02:59 AM
Jalor arrives back from the plane of fire, barely remembering to supress his drought aura again, and gives Ferris his Shawarma, and his gold back. "Paid for it myself, as a show of good faith. Picked up some more diamonds as well, just in case things go south." he taps a pouch on the side of his haversack as he says this.

J-H
2014-04-29, 08:39 AM
"Almost ready." Ricter concentrates and a series of images flash faintly into being around him, as he manifests armor and other protections.

Manifesting:
Inertial Armor, 29pp. Duration 30 hours, Armor AC bonus 18
Adapt Body, 9pp. Duration 30 hours, automatic adaptation to hostile environments
Dispelling Buffer, 11pp. Duration 30 hours, shielded against 1 dispel effect
Overland Flight, 11pp. Duration 30 hours, fly speed 40, average maneuverability
Mind blank, 15pp. Duration 1 day.
Freedom of Movement, 7pp. Duration 300 minutes (5 hours).
Power Resistance, 9pp. Duration 30 minutes. PR/SR 42
Energy Adaptation, 13pp. Duration 30 minutes, 30 resistance against the elements, and I can store/offensively use the blocked damage.
and lastly, Schism, 7pp. Duration 30 rounds.

Total PP consumed: 111

Init roll is [roll0]

"Let's go."

bcool999
2014-04-29, 01:23 PM
Ferris

Taking back his gold, Ferris happily accepts the Shawarma and feasts on it as others cast spells to ready themselves for battle. I am ready for battle all the time. Especially when I have a full stomach. Though I don't technically 'need' to eat I can't imagine myself skipping a meal.

Once the portal is open, Ferris gets a little more serious. "If no one objects I will take point." He says as he draws his weapon, and shifts his weight to the balls of his feat. Right before stepping through he whispers a command to his armor to grant him wings, and a word into his ring causing him to blink in and out of sight for those of you who cannot see invisible creatures.

Active Stances: Assassins Stance (Gain sneak attack for 2d6 extra damage)
Supreme Blade Parry (DR 5/-)
Activated Effects:
Flight 60ft. (Good) Duration 20 Minutes.
Blink (as the spell) Duration 7 rounds.

BelGareth
2014-04-29, 06:10 PM
Floki frowns at the response, and as the others depart for some Shawarma he pulls out some wands, and before he steps through the portal, he will cast one on himself, making himself disappear from sight.

Just as he walks through, he says to himself "Just so everyone is aware, Aoorxiat is a phane abomination sired by the long dead Erivatius, and has been looking for this time piece since the fall of his fathers pantheon, just something I thought you would like to know." he smiles, even though no one (or only those with special senses) can see him.

He then steps through the portal holding his wands.

[roll0]

He casts Greater invisibility from a wand; 7 rounds.
The other wand is his Wand of Lightning bolt (10th) with spell lens

Mishkov
2014-04-29, 08:44 PM
Your heads still spinning from the planar shift, you arrive in the forsaken plane of Hjikajamir. The air is putrid and sizzles on your skin. Lesser beings would be sick by the atmosphere but you shrug it off. The land today is mostly soft marble though that could change at a moment's notice. Strange pillars of glass rise from the marble floor. The small chunk of land you have arrived upon is floating though you see several other islands circling a larger one in the center. The specific area you have landed upon is affectionately known as the killing grounds. At this point, the land is slightly sunken and there is a grease effect on the land.

It must be a good day in Hjikajamir as only one abomination lies in wait. Those of you who can see invisibility notice it upon a pillar. With a wave of its wing, four Balors emerge upon the plane. Three standing upon the ground and one flying in the air.

Your round to act! The pillars are about 30 feet high. Nothing is "off map" but the white squares, you'll need to fly on. While in the green area, you'll need a balance check or be considered flat footed, movement is 1/2.

Just a heads up, this encounter is not meant to be back breaking, so if it seems hard, get ready for more!

map (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AtsMiJ3T2sitdFVGVnZVZndxbGZQanhRbU1WX2Ytb nc#gid=0)

Svata
2014-04-29, 10:55 PM
Jalor casts Mass Align Weapon (good), to allow his allies to more easily injure the summoned fiends, and possibly their sumoner, though he isn't sure, then moves to just outside the nearest Balor's reach (105 ft. away from it), his weapon changing into cold iron as he does so.

BelGareth
2014-04-30, 12:43 AM
Floki curses in several languages as he sees the Balors appear before him. Dropping both wands, nad hoping he'll have time to gather them afterwards, he cartwheels and then bounces of the floor, spinning and dodging as he goes, nimbly avoiding the balors clumsy movements as he darts and zips between the demons legs, as he does, he produces a dagger, and slices the outsider in groin, springing one last time to land behind the stunned beast.

Free action: drop both wands
Free action: activate boots for Haste
Swift action: cast wraithstrike from wand in his Casting glove of Infinite Blades
move: tumble at half speed through the closest Balor, auto passing all checks (+50 mod) ending at W19
Utilizing Acrobatic Backstab (http://dndtools.eu/feats/complete-scoundrel--60/acrobatic-backstab--3275/) to treat it as flat footed and drawing a dagger from his Casting glove of Infinite Blades triggering his Iaijutsu focus (http://dndtools.eu/skills/iaijutsu-focus/) (rolled in OOC).

[roll0] vs Touch flat footed AC
[roll1] + [roll2] + [roll3]

J-H
2014-04-30, 06:07 PM
Ricter focuses on the source of the problem, the Infernal sitting on a pillar. He rises into the air and splits his focus between multiple targets in an attempt to deal with the less-dangerous opponents while harming their master.

Crystal shard
Ricter has Automatic Quicken power for level 1-3 psionic powers.
Manifesting Twinned Quickened Crystal Shard. Improved Metapsionics reduces the cost of Twinning to 4pp, leaving me with 1 point base cost and 26 points augmenting Crystal Shard.
Ranged Touch Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]
Psionic focus expended.

Standard action:
Decerebrate on Balor 3, DC33
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/decerebrate.htm

Schism'd action
Decerebrate on Balor 4, DC33
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/decerebrate.htm

Move action: Rise 40' into the air.

Total PP expended: 31+13+13 = 57

I believe I correctly targeted 2 Balors that nobody is engaging yet. If not, let me know.

A storm of sharp ectoplasmic crystals flies from his hand towards the infernal from the invisible Ricter's location before he rises into the sky. Two of the Balors twitch as they feel something go *pop* in their necks.

bcool999
2014-04-30, 07:25 PM
Ferris

Smiling behind his mask at the welcoming committee, Ferris looks at the invisible one sitting on top of his little perch, crouches, and launches himself at the ugly beast trailing flames in his wake.

He hacks away at the thing with his blade, before doing a quick spin to smash it with his tail before disappearing, and reappearing some distance away standing on a pillar opposite the infernal.

Full Round: Searing Charge at the Infernal will attack in Y10 (might provoke AoO) (It allows me to do a flying charge), since this is the first round I will get a full attack on this charge (from Dire Charge). Going to use Power Attack -25 to hit +50 to damage with all attacks and Shock Trooper to take that penalty to my AC instead of my Attack (total -27 to AC +2 to attack and +50 to damage each hit). (Can't use leap attack because of flying dang it!) Assuming that True Seeing cuts through Blink's +2 to hit and ability to catch him flat footed?

Attacks (currently my Weapon is Epic and Good thanks to Mass Align Weapon (Good) My Tail is only good if Mass Align weapon works on it.):
Blade1: [roll]1d20+47[roll] (+2 for charging included, add 2 to this if Blink still gives a +2) Damage: [roll0] + Sneak Attack (If the blink adds +2 he is also treated as denied dexterity to AC) [roll1]

Blade2: [roll2] (+2 for charging included, add 2 to this if Blink still gives a +2) Damage: [roll3] + Sneak Attack (If the blink adds +2 he is also treated as denied dexterity to AC) [roll4]

Blade3: [roll5] (+2 for charging included, add 2 to this if Blink still gives a +2) Damage: [roll6] + Sneak Attack (If the blink adds +2 he is also treated as denied dexterity to AC) [roll7]

Blade4: [roll8] (+2 for charging included, add 2 to this if Blink still gives a +2) Damage: [roll9] + Sneak Attack (If the blink adds +2 he is also treated as denied dexterity to AC) [roll10]

Tail: [roll11] (+2 for charging included, add 2 to this if Blink still gives a +2) Damage: [roll12] + Sneak Attack (If the blink adds +2 he is also treated as denied dexterity to AC) [roll13]

Blade1: [roll]1d20+47[roll] (+2 for charging included, add 2 to this if Blink still gives a +2) Damage: [roll14]

Blade2: [roll15] (+2 for charging included, add 2 to this if Blink still gives a +2) Damage: [roll16]

Blade3: [roll17] (+2 for charging included, add 2 to this if Blink still gives a +2) Damage: [roll18]

Blade4: [roll19] (+2 for charging included, add 2 to this if Blink still gives a +2) Damage: [roll20]

Tail: [roll21] (+2 for charging included, add 2 to this if Blink still gives a +2) Damage: [roll22]

If any of those hit he also takes [roll23] Fire Damage (from searing charge)

I then use Shadow Blink as a swift action and move to AE10

Mishkov
2014-05-01, 09:15 AM
The infernal is blasted by shards which would kill a lesser being. Its flesh seems to rip slightly and it begins to bleed. It is then slashed by a foe who sprung deftly away after opening new wounds, but not before the infernal strikes back at the charging foe. It shrieks in recourse and flies off towards the lich. Its very nature to seek out magic and devour it overtakes the being's better judgment. It's jaws reach out, searching for the spell caster's bones.

[roll0] to hit for [roll1] damage AoO vs Ferris. I don't' believe spell suck works against blade magic, so you're safe there.

[roll2] to hit for [roll3] damage. If it hits, choose one of your highest level spells memorized, you lose that spell for the day.

Two Balors sit in a psionic-caused stupor, drooling slightly as their brains have been disconnected from their bodies.

The first Balor charges at Ferris as Ferris feels the pillar beneath him begin to move. The Balor strikes out at him with a gigantic sword. At the same time, a chunk of the pillar is torn from the base and flung at the stonechild's body.

Balor charges [roll4] for [roll5]
The Balor uses a quicken telekensis to remove part of the pillar and throw it at you. [roll6] to hit for [roll7] damage. DC 20 balance check or you will fall. You will fall regardless this round if you do not move off the pillar.

The second Balor turns on the man who jumped through his legs and prepares to unleash a flurry of attacks with blade and whip. As he attacks, the other pillar begins to crack and flings itself at Floki.

Balor full attack vs Floki
Balor [roll8] for [roll9]
Balor [roll10] for [roll11]
Balor [roll12] for [roll13]
Balor [roll14] for [roll15] plus [roll16] fire plus ENTANGLE opposed STR check [roll17] . If caught, the whip pulls you to its body and you take [roll18] fire damage
Balor [roll19] for [roll20] plus [roll21] fire. If caught, the whip pulls you to its body and you take [roll22] fire damage

The Balor uses a quicken telekensis to remove part of the pillar and throw it at you. [roll23] to hit for [roll24] damage vs Floki

Damage counter: Infernal 443
Balor 2: 38
Edit: Map (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AtsMiJ3T2sitdFVGVnZVZndxbGZQanhRbU1WX2Ytb nc#gid=0)

Svata
2014-05-01, 02:23 PM
Jalor grunts as he feels one of the instances of his epic spell slip away from him, then smirks as he realizes the creature did virtually no actual damage to him, and only took most of the extra vitality granted him by one of his spells. He retaliates against the Infernal, attcking hard and fast as his spear shifts its composition to adamantine. After attacking, he 5-foot steps away from the infernal.

Full Attack, Power Attacking for 5. (attacks) (spear)[roll1][roll2][roll3](claws)[roll4][roll5]
(damage)(spear)[roll6][roll7][roll8][roll9] (claws)[roll]1d4+5d6+311d4+5d6+31 All spear attacks are good aligned and adamantine, and all attacks are from a +5 weapon. Forgot roller doesn't do multiple dice types at once.

J-H
2014-05-01, 05:35 PM
Continuing to do what works, Ricter holds his position in the air and launches more mental assaults against the monstrous, evil foes.

Move action: Regain psionic focus

Standard action (applying a metapsionic feat and thus using psionic focus): Twinned Concussion Blast.
Base cost 3, Twin for 4, 24PP augmenting (2pp per 1d6 extra) for total cost 31PP.
Damage [roll0]

Schism'd mind
Decerebrate Balor 1, DC 33. 13PP.

We need to remember to loot the +1 vorpal swords and such off the Balors...and then kill them at a distance so nobody comes along and heals them.

Total PP spent, only 44 this time.

BelGareth
2014-05-06, 12:50 PM
Floki dodges and weaves as the Balor rages at him, he let out a little "tee hee" as the whip and sword thrash around him, and for a moment, he was having fun, until the pillar broke loose. Things for floki blurred, the normal event of the timestream opening up to him, he peered at one and sighed, looking at the other he nodded his head, and stepped into it, allowing the pillar to smash next to him.

Then something dawned to Floki, "Yes, you are right." he said to himself "That would be more fun!" And suddenly he waved his arms wide, incanting a jibbersih mixture of draconic and celestial, just as he had seen a sorcerer do it once, when he was finished, his hands and feet had a preternatural glow about them, every movement over-exaggerated.

He looked up to the Balor, who had just caught up to the fast moving Floki, his eyes wide with anger and wrath. Floki sidestepped the giant pawing attacks and delivered several stunning blows to the beast in rapid succession.

He uses cunning surge for an extra standard action: casting Greater Mighty wallop defensively [roll0] Vs DC 18
Swift: cast wraithstrike from casting glove.

Then Full attacks the Balor (attacks are Good and Magic)
[roll1]
[roll2]

[roll3]
[roll4]

[roll5]
[roll6]

[roll7]
[roll8]

bcool999
2014-05-07, 10:59 PM
Ferris

Feeling the pillar shift beneath his weight, Ferris decides to get off before he falls off, but not before giving a parting lick of his blade to the Demon confronting him. With amazing concentration Ferris seeks to hit a perceived weakness in the Demon's form before slipping into the shadows and reappearing behind the other Demon near Floki.

I automatically make that DC20 Balance check.
Standard Action: Diamond Nightmare Blade on the Balor. Concentration Check [roll0] VS. DC = Balor AC
If successful 4x damage on this attack, if it fails Attack is made at a -2.
Attack: [roll1] -2 if Concentration check fails Damage: [roll2] x4 if concentration check succeeds. (Damage is Good aligned, Epic, And whatever overcomes the infernals DR since it hit the infernal last.)

Move Action: Shadow Stride to Y16

Mishkov
2014-05-08, 08:57 PM
Its mind assaulted and bleeding from the spear, the Infernal begins to move to retreat when the blade of the stonechild finds its mark and cleaves the beast's head off.

Floki's flurry of attack, while impressive, manages to be evaded by demons. The two remaining demons exchange meaningful glances and in harmony teleport far away.

The brief assault was easily dealt with by the party. They look out upon the wastes. The area is bare and often changes form slowly. You realize that while the archmage sent you here with promises of the portal being nearby, there was no compass to the place exactly. One thing was clear, this area was not safe to stay much longer.

Huh, so I'm actually not sure how to calculate experience here. I'll look up charts or something soon. Oh epic...how poor your support is.

If you loot the body of the abomination, you find a pouch of gems worth 50,000g.

J-H
2014-05-08, 09:49 PM
"Well, where to now?" Ricter asks as he attempts to determine where they are and where they should go.
As he thinks, he descends and checks both Balor's corpses for weapons, other magical items, valuables, documents, etc.

I have permanent Know Direction & Location:
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/knowDirectionandLocation.htm
so I should have some clue where we are in general, if not relative to our goal.

Also, K: The planes [roll0]

The permanent Detect Psionics should function as Detect Magic for the purpose of finding any magical gear hidden on the Balors.

What, you thought I was going to leave a pair of +2 or better whips and a pair of Vorpal swords alone?

Svata
2014-05-09, 12:50 AM
"I believe I can handle this. I just need a moment. If we had more time to spare, I could animate our fallen foes as wraiths to assist us, and as a bit of a memorial to their might. It would take about eleven minutes, though.

He waits to see if anyone would like him to do it, and if not, he casts Find the Path, attempting to find the location of the ground next to the portal to the hourglass.(As the portal itself might be warded against divination, but it is unlikely that the ground next to it would be)

Mishkov
2014-05-09, 09:11 AM
Several members of the party are easily able to discern where the portal is. Svata has an uneasy feeling about the ground next to the portal, something seemed slightly strange about that area. Regardless, you locate the area on the main floating bulk of land on this hellish plane. The portal is three miles down, and you realize there is a small tunnel which you could venture through.

A few magical checks later, you discern there is nothing preventing teleporting into the area either. A difficult decision, either way, the portal is likely guarded.

BelGareth
2014-05-10, 10:39 AM
As his companion kills something that Floki had no idea was present, the other Balors jumped through the weave.

A frown splayed upon his face instantly, "AWWW! c'mon, I wuz havin FUN!" he yells out in frustration to whomever would here, the gods, the devils, demons or darker things....

He jaunts over to his dropped wands, looking at them as he scratched the top of his head, "Useless things YOU are!", and puts them back in their respective places, this time he pulls out another, this one is a twisted piece of crystal root, which glistens in the sun as he holds it, he nods to the others declaring himself ready.

"Oyyup! next time theres an infernal, wouldya tell me?"

bcool999
2014-05-10, 11:29 AM
Ferris

"You were doing just fine with the Balor. No need to shake up the battle unless it's going bad." Says Ferris as his wounds from the recent fighting heal and he consults his Compass on where the portal should be. "Looks like we are in for a bit of spelunking unless someone has a better method of getting us to the portal? Either way, Give me a couple of minutes to heal up and renew my flight and blinking and I will be good to go."

Will renew flight and Blinking right before teleportation for max duration.

J-H
2014-05-10, 02:05 PM
Perceiving a wide cavern with several different areas that would be natural ambush points, Ricter decides to place the group behind likely enemy defenses. He focuses power through his Psicrown, and the party re-appears miles below, with the portal between them and the exits.

Greater Teleporting us to 5' off the ground (everyone can fly I believe) in the AL-AM 9-10 area. Ricter will take AM9 (back corner).

We may get a surprise round? Greater Teleport is only a standard action, anyway.

Initiative [roll0]

Mishkov
2014-05-10, 11:09 PM
As you teleport the world becomes black and spins, teleportation being suspect on this plane, this time it has a disorienting effect on your bodies. You arrive in the corner of the cave, the portal clearly visible ahead along with several horrifying monstrosities spawned from a severed giant’s head. Its mouth is huge and filled with shark teeth, and its neck ends in a writhing carpet of entrails, arteries, and veins that the creature uses to slither about. Numerous severed heads hang in rotting pustules from the creature's cheeks and brow. Crawling heads, you've encountered or heard of them before. They shriek and scurry around the cavern tossing out spells and one approaches to bite at you.

The noise is immense and resonates to such a degree that the cavern shakes and dust falls from the ceiling causing your lungs to fill with the wretched smelling particles. They burn at your skin as well, at least that's what you think for half a second. You realize that the walls floor, and ceiling of this entire cave are solid sickstone, a type of glowing magical rock that sickens those who are struck by its festering illumination, which reaches to a distance of 40 feet; as a result, all of this cavern is bathed in the poison light...

However, Baucojin would not leave his portal guarded by such weak and unremarkable undead creatures. A lich is there as well shouting orders. He is covered, almost swimming, in finery and jewels. Two crimson lights burn below his golden circlet, intent on slaying you all. He rallies the troops backwards to protect himself but not before shouting an incantation as a ray shoots towards Ferris.

Everyone needs to make the following saves from the environment:
EACH ROUND DC15 fort vs [roll0] con damage. Successful saves means you only take 1 con damage. If you are immune to magical diseases, you avoid these effects (Jalor can avoid this)

Everyone needs to make the following saves from monsters:
6 DC 24 will saves vs cowering in fear SR [roll1] remember the fear escalation rules if you fail multiple
2 DC 26 vs death (wail of the banshee) [Jalor not subject to this one]

Floki & Ricter both 1 DC 24 fort save vs death (finger of death) or take [roll2] damage

Ferris needs to make a DC30 save vs imprisonment, will save spell resist [roll3] ranged touch attack vs your touch AC [roll4]
If Ferris succeeds that save, the crawling head bites at him, [roll5] for [roll6] damage. If Ferris fails, he is imprisoned and Floki is bitten at!

You may make a knowledge religion or planes check to see if you've heard of the lich.

map (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AtsMiJ3T2sitdFVGVnZVZndxbGZQanhRbU1WX2Ytb nc#gid=2)

Mishkov
2014-05-10, 11:12 PM
Clarifying/I forgot things

Ferris: 41 vs your touch AC, then 39 vs your spell resist, if that gets through, then it's a DC30 save vs imprisonment!

vs SR on the wail of the banshees: [roll0]
vs SR on the finger of death: [roll1]

bcool999
2014-05-11, 01:26 AM
Ferris

He had barely anytime to be truly sickened by the disgusting chamber before the Lichs ray hit him square in the gut, trying to twist him to an extra-dimensional prison. Ferris has time enough to yell "AAHHhhh-" before he disappears from sight. The lich might've had time to crack a premature smile before hearing Ferris's laughter coming from directly next to him. "-hahahaha you idiot. Now you're mine!" shouts Ferris as he calls upon his training and experience to slam through any magical protections the Lich may have active on itself.

Immediate action upon being attack by that spell: Leaping Flame (Teleporting to be at AD 24 right next to the Lich) still needed to save vs. the spell but I don't need to worry about the head.
Standard Action: Will do a melee attack [roll0] which if it hits does [roll1] damage (Epic and Slashing as per Pierce Magical Protection this attack ignores any spells that increase the Lichs AC and should it do 1 point of damage will instantly and automatically dispel all such AC increasing effects no save, no SR, no CL check. They are gone, done, Poof.
I will then 5ft. Step to AC 25 to help prevent the lich from running.

(Also due to Mage Slayer the Lich cannot cast Defensively while Ferris threatens it and it knows that.)

Svata
2014-05-11, 07:38 AM
Jalor mutters something about not being able to protect everyone at once if they start running off, then retrieves (move action) and uses his Mass Death Ward scroll to protect everyone he can.

J-H
2014-05-11, 07:55 AM
Ricter manifests a pair of powers, giving away his general position.
A thin green line streaks from one hand towards the freshly de-armored Lich.

From the other hand, a rapid line of turbulent air streaks out to one of the giant heads. It impacts and expands to a short-lived tornado that fills half the room, knocking the giant undead heads about.

Schism'd brain:
Psionic Disintegrate against the lich.
Ranged touch [roll0]
Fort save DC 32 or take [roll1] damage. If saved, [roll2] damage.

11pp expended.

Regular:
I'm having a bit of trouble counting grid squares on my phone, but I believe that if I target one of CR1's squares, I can hit it, get all the heads in the 40' radius blast except CR7, and possibly tag the lich with some damage as well.
Expending Psionic Focus to twin the power, and augmenting to 24pp (total expenditure 28).

Ranged touch against CR1 [roll3] for [roll4] unavoidable damage.
Ranged touch against CR1 [roll5] for [roll6] unavoidable damage.
All other creatures in the blast must save twice.
Reflex DC 38 or take [roll7] and Reflex DC 38 or take [roll8] damage.
They all get thrown around, too.
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/tornadoBlast.htm

Move action to regain Psionic focus.

BelGareth
2014-05-18, 10:58 PM
Floki frowns at what appears to be several crawling heads!

Turning his head sideways he skips up to one and then flips over the thing, pulling a blade from his gloves and striking at it as he moves by.

Move: Move through the creatures square utilizing acrobatic backstab (http://dndtools.eu/feats/complete-scoundrel--60/acrobatic-backstab--3275/) to treat it as flat footed.
(auto succeed on tumble check, but for S&G's [roll0]) Ending @ AM16
Standard: Iaijutsu Strike vs Flat footed AC
[roll1]
[roll2] (magical) + [roll3] + [roll4]

Mishkov
2014-05-19, 09:42 AM
Ferris manages to avoid deadly imprisonment and appears to strike the lich. The sorcerer's eyes go wide as it sees its impeding doom fall by sword. Quickly, it raises its hands and wings sprout and provide a powerful force effect, blocking the stonechild's advance. The winds shatter violently to the blow, but manage to spare the lich of any real damage. It grins and scurries away quickly. It realizes that there must be some sort of psionic being with them being concealed, but he cannot discover him currently. He raises his hand to conjure a spell that sucks the very water from his foes. The lich sees Jalor cast his spell however, and speaks to him, "Join us, brother...our ranks are strong. Even if I do not survive this battle, you know our kind will win this war. It is your choice if you wish to rule or be hunted after the cataclysm."

Cast wings of force as an immediate action in response to Ferris's attack.
Moves to AC19, Ferris gets an AoO if range is 10 feet.
Casts horrid wilting for [roll0] fort DC 30 for half vsSR [roll1]. Targeting 1 floki 2 Ferris [roll2]

The heads are thrown around and battered by the tornado blast. The one that it originated on rips in two within the forces of the winds. Undead entrails and parts fly around the caverns, splattering their pus and blood all around the cavern. Within the whirlwind, you see Floki acrobatically flip over the head and slice it in two. The remaining heads in response devour one of the heads they have hanging from their tendrils. As they eat, they seem to heal some of their wounds as well.

The heads scurry as they all continue to chatter insanely. They move to protect their master though three of them strike out at Ferris who has come too close. The other two spit a vile bile attack at Floki.

Another FIVE DC24 will saves vs fear to all. Mind affecting, sonic.

Floki [roll3] damage combined from the heads.

Ferris: Two full attacks--
To hit: [roll4] damage: [roll5]
To hit: [roll6] damage: [roll7]
To hit: [roll8] damage: [roll9]
To hit: [roll10] damage: [roll11]
To hit: [roll12] damage: [roll13]

To hit: [roll14] damage: [roll15]
To hit: [roll16] damage: [roll17]
To hit: [roll18] damage: [roll19]
To hit: [roll20] damage: [roll21]
To hit: [roll22] damage: [roll23]

Ferris gets a AoO against CR3 and CR7 per tornado movement.

One melee attack
To hit: [roll24] damage: [roll25]

Map (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AtsMiJ3T2sitdFVGVnZVZndxbGZQanhRbU1WX2Ytb nc#gid=2)same as before
Lich 16
CR 1 DEAD
CR 2 19
CR 3 19
CR 4 DEAD
CR 5 19
CR 6 19
CR 7 19

Remember you all take another 1 Con damage too from the sickstone :smallsmile:

Svata
2014-05-19, 12:51 PM
"How about no. It is counter to one of my main goals."
Jalor casts Mass Heal at the heads, then moves towards the lich, activating his belt to allow him to attack the other undead in a flurry of steel and claws.

DC 37 will save or 250 Damage to each of the heads, to a minimum of 1 HP. Using all three charges of the Belt of Battle for another full-round action, which he uses to full attack, Power attacking for 5.
(attacks) [roll0] [roll1] [roll2] [roll3] [roll4] [roll5]
(damage) [roll6] [roll7] [roll8] [roll9] [roll10] [roll11] [roll12] [roll13]

bcool999
2014-05-19, 10:59 PM
Ferris

Distracted by the swarming heads, Ferris misses his attack at the Lich and lets it get away. The Lichs escape is short-lived however as Ferris steps through the shadows of this disgusting cavern reappearing next to the Lich. "Miss me?" asks Ferris as he spins in a whirlwind of biting steel at both the Lich and it's honor guard of horrors. He then increases the distance between him and his foe to let his allies unleash their full might.

Will Save vs Fear (Only fail on a nat 1 and it doesn't matter if I fail since the effect would be suppressed anyways): [roll0]

Move Action: Shadow Step to teleport to AC18 adjacent to the Lich.
Standard Action: Adamantine Hurricane Manuever (2 attacks against each opponent in range at full bab and a +4 to hit) I will also Power Attack 14

Damage this Turn (And for next 10 rounds if needed) overcome DR as Epic and what ever the Lich has for DR thanks to Transmuting.
Attack 1 (Lich): [roll1] Damage [roll2]
Attack 1 (CR5): [roll3] Damage [roll4]
Attack 1 (CR6): [roll5] Damage [roll6]
Attack 2 (Lich): [roll7] Damage [roll8]
Attack 2 (CR5): [roll9] Damage [roll10]
Attack 2 (CR6): [roll11] Damage [roll12]

After that (And upon hearing the Psion's warning to move away) Ferris will Swift Action Teleport 40ft. away to AC10 (Which is exactly 5ft. out of the range of the incoming Windstorm)

J-H
2014-05-19, 11:13 PM
Ricter targets the Lich with another pair of tornado blasts that also hurl the badly damaged heads about the room.

Twinned Tornado blast.
Base cost 17pp, add 7 pp to add 7d6 and 3DC to the AOE, add 4pp to Twin = 28pp.

Damage to the Lich [roll0] [roll1]
Damage to all in 40' radius including the Lich [roll2] Reflex DC 38 for half and
Damage to all in 40' radius including the Lich [roll3] Reflex DC 38 for half

Move action to regain psionic focus.

BelGareth
2014-05-20, 06:29 PM
Floki watches as heads target him with the beams of black energy, the beams diffuse upon him as his armor absorbs the blow, dissipating the energy harmlessly away.

Seeing the tornadoes imminent he does not move forward, instead readies to move after Ferris takes the heat to the liche.

Will delay until after Ferris acts so we can get some flanking going on next round.

Mishkov
2014-05-21, 09:22 PM
The heads are destroyed in a flash of blade, tornadoes and an explosion of positive energy. Slime covered undead organs now line the room, the portal, and your clothing. Huge heads begin to ooze onto the floor in their death, the sickstone turning them into a strange ooze.

The lich stands damaged by the tornadoes, and the spear of Jalor, but manages to avoid Ferris's blows. The lich strikes out at the stonechild before he dodges away. Seeing his demise coming shortly the lich remains resolute. "Oh, but I only need to delay you here. My phylactery is not here with me, I shall not be destroyed so easily. The end of 'life' is coming brother. Embrace the age of undeath...while your companions shall be imprisoned until they die."

He casts another vile spell, one you do not recognize. A toxic field erupts around Floki and a ray reaches out to strike at Ferris once more.

Lich damage: 291
The lich cast an epic spell. It was an enhanced version of arcane fusion. He cast Imprisonment again on Ferris touch attack [roll0] vs touch AC. Will save DC 31 or imprisoned. vs SR [roll1]
To Floki horrid wilting. [roll2] damage, fort save DC30 for half. vs SR [roll3]

Map (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AtsMiJ3T2sitdFVGVnZVZndxbGZQanhRbU1WX2Ytb nc#gid=2)

J-H
2014-05-22, 09:59 PM
"Then die quickly."

Ricter floats towards the portal, still invisible, as a veritable hail of ectoplasmic crystals chips shards off the Lich's body.

Twinned Crystal Shard, 1 + 26 points augment for damage + 4 for twin = 31pp
Touch attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1] piercing damage; Lich DR will knock a bit of this off.
Touch attack [roll2]
Damage [roll3]
Swift action: Hustle, 3pp, extra move action. Regain Psionic focus.

Schism'd brain
Twinned Crystal Shard, 1 + 20 points augment for damage + 4 for twin = 25pp
Touch attack [roll4]
Damage [roll5] piercing damage; Lich DR will knock a bit of this off.
Touch attack [roll6]
Damage [roll7]

Total PP expended 59, ouch. More ouch for the Lich.

Regular move action: Ricter floats over to the portal and begins examining it
K: Psionics [roll8]
K: Arcana [roll9]
K: Religion [roll10] Just in case, since it has to do with undead and an old god
K: History [roll11]
K: The Planes [roll12]

Mishkov
2014-05-23, 08:55 PM
The lich screams out curses as its body is assaulted by the crystals. It hisses out in its dying breath "See you on the other side, mortals..." In your minds, you remember what the archmage had said earlier about keeping your phylactery on one side of the portal.

The portal stands there, emitting small white lights illuminating the cavern. It seems genuine, no traps or anything, but a special sort of conduit to a sealed off plane. With the sickstone sapping your strength, you have to decide if you will take the plunge through it. Ricter knows a bit more than others about the portal. It is a special portal, woven through the fabric of the planes themselves. Part of it appears to be a seeking spell as well as an opening. He could not recreate the effect, but with time perhaps he could develop it...

Put up buffs and such as you will before going through! Remember the con damage each round you spend buffing.

The lich and heads drop several jewels, equivalent of 135,000g.

Svata
2014-05-24, 10:38 AM
Jalor collects the jewels, and strips the body of the lich of anything it was wearing, packing it into his haversack.

BelGareth
2014-05-25, 11:56 PM
Floki glides through the air on giant arboreal wings that seemingly sprouted from no where, he turns his head sideways regarding the defeated heads that oozed into jelly, "Well, I'll be, that was fun! Are we to jump on into the next portal, I wouldn't expect any here to linger, damned place is sucking me dry..." he grabbed his chest and didn't feel well, but he still had the shine of life to him.

He turns to the portal, "Well then, shall we?"

J-H
2014-05-26, 08:22 AM
"Yes, we've no time to waste. When one like that one is willing to suffer death and entire days of inactivity just to delay us... we should hurry."

Ricter enters the portal while floating 10' off the ground.

Mishkov
2014-05-26, 12:00 PM
Once you steps through the portal, you experience a searing blast of pain as the distortion of the accelerated rate of time hits you.

This blast of pain forces a DC 20 Fortitude save, with failure indicating the character is stunned for 3d6 rounds.

Beyond the portal lies the timevoid. This realm is hazy and devoid of features but for a pair of insubstantial purplish tetrahedrons aligned along their central axis, roughly 200 feet along an edge. These tetrahedrons spin so rapidly in opposite directions that they almost appear conical. The tetrahedrons touch at a single point, and a brilliant white light shines here, a fire lit by the strange friction.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9sMiJ3T2sitSl9lOHVfenlLWkk/edit?usp=sharing

After some time you find an entrance into the hourglass itself. A small golden glow marks the way in, and you manage to fly into it. You enter a chamber, This chamber is a vast tetrahedral space, one hundred and fifty feet high, with smooth, yellowish walls that give off a sickly glow. A stark stone building fills most of the chamber’s volume, crumbling where it touches the tetrahedron, unadorned beyond two large, human shaped depressions in its walls. Two mangled mithral statues lie near the building’s open, sundered doors.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9sMiJ3T2sitZ2ZqVENabmFHQlk/edit?usp=sharing

Choose your entry way! Please post your senses again in OOC thread/here.

Clock: 0 days, 3 hours.

Edit: Stupid images! You can right click and view them and then they'll show :smallfurious:

J-H
2014-05-26, 12:13 PM
Ricter

Buffs expired: Power Resistance, Energy Adaptation, Schism

Between Detect Psionics, Darkvision, and the True Seeing effect from one of the epic spells, what does Ricter detect? magical auras, hidden doors, stealthed enemies, etc.? What's the central point?

K: Planes [roll0]
K: History [roll1]
Psicraft [roll2]
K: Religion [roll3]
K: Psionics [roll4]
K: Arcana [roll5]

Fort mod is +24, so auto-passing the save.

Mishkov
2014-05-26, 12:43 PM
The doors have a suppressing effect that is blocking auras. The walls seem to be a force effect that blocks most auras and entry methods. The seed would be from wall of force, an epic, likely divine, spell was used to create this.

The religion roll lets you know that this is a chamber that was devoted to a lost god of aging and death.

The central point of the hourglass likely oscillates and is probably a chamber of some sort. You doubt the most central magic would be contained there, but that room is likely some sort of filter or channel for the magical energies.

You'll need spot to detect stealthed enemies, but nothing's attacking you currently or using any magical cloaking.

Svata
2014-05-26, 04:02 PM
Jalor looks around, seeing what he can see, grunting as the wave passes over him.

Assuming Fort save doesn't affect objects, Jalor is immune. In case he isn't,
Fort [roll0]
K. Religion [roll1]
Spot [roll2]
Listen [roll3]

Mishkov
2014-05-27, 05:32 PM
The party move onward into the first room. Corpses litter his large triangular chamber. Most are human, but two are larger and unidentifiable. Three stone pedestals, each five feet in diameter and five feet in height, stand in the room as well. Carvings on the walls depict various images of an ancient human with a stooped body and thick sheets of jagged metallic tears hanging from his empty eye sockets. This figure is pictured harvesting the old and infirm and presiding over funerals and open graves. The figure wears long thin scrolls covered with strange runes wrapped around each arm. The far wall shimmers and glows, a transparent curtain set with a single door. Beyond these shimmering walls looms only darkness.

Jalor & Ricter
You know this is the same place that is dedicated to the lawful evil god of death. The bindings on the deity's arms seem to have very special importance. Perhaps they were the god's symbol, or artifacts associated with his power.

Undetected by your magics and making no noise, humanoids who have spent an eternity perfecting their arts of stealth strike with blinding speed. Cloaked in supernatural shadows, the creatures have no eyes but only a dark outline of a face. Their blindsight allows them to strike at the most unusual of targets. Little do they know that Floki lingers still, avoiding their detection with his own stealthy tactics. Two strike out quickly at Ricter, their senses allowing them to detect him though they cannot fully avoid his concealment magics. The other strikes at the stonechild, attempting to wound him before the fight even begins.

As you see them, horror begins to well up inside of you...

All DC 32 will vs fear (panicked) for 20 rounds.

Ricter
Humanoid 1: [roll0] vs Flat footed AC for [roll1] damage +[roll2] if crit, sneak attack damage [roll3] miss chance [roll4] <51 misses
Humanoid 2: [roll5] vs Flat footed AC for [roll6] damage +[roll7] if crit, sneak attack damage [roll8] miss chance [roll9] <51 misses

Ferris
Humanoid 3: [roll10] vs Flat footed AC for [roll11] damage +[roll12] if crit, sneak attack damage [roll13]

Crits are at 15! Confirm and damage
[roll14] vs Flat footed AC for [roll15]
[roll16] vs Flat footed AC for [roll17]
[roll18] vs Flat footed AC for [roll19]

These things are governed by knowledge local, so make checks to identify based on that.

I've decided that blindsight will defeat the conceal seed, but they still have to take a miss chance, RAW they defeat everything about it.

Random things I'd like you to remember: include a vs spell resist roll as always.
For these guys, they have a DR based on the effective weapon enchants (e.g. DR 5/+3) so include which your weapons are attacking with
Uncanny dodge will prevent SA from these guys as their HD are not that high.

Map (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AtsMiJ3T2sitdG5ieWlfRUhWNU5nUVNySTJFYWVMc 2c&usp=drive_web#gid=0)

Svata
2014-05-27, 10:50 PM
Jalor takes a 5-foot step into U23 and full-attacks the humanoid in V24.
Atacks, Power Attacking for 6. All weaons are +5 and adamantine. [roll0] [roll1] [roll2][roll3] [roll4][roll5] Damage [roll6][roll7][roll8][roll9][roll10][roll11][roll12][roll13]

BelGareth
2014-05-28, 11:30 AM
Floki melds into the darkness and remains still as he watches the beings materialize and attack, their abominable presence washes over him and he feels his third eye warding him from its affects.

He narrows his eyes and squints slightly, attempting to look at them, as if concentrating alone could penetrate their hazy outline.

He nodded slightly as he knew he could think nothing of these beasts, only that perhaps, they could be killed. Disappearing in a flash of shadow, which no one saw as he was in a shadow, he pops up behind the thing to the left, opposite Ferris and unlaunches hell at the beast.

Swift: Shadow Blink to O21
Full Round: Full round attack

[roll0]
[roll1] + [roll2]

[roll3]
[roll4] + [roll5]

[roll6]
[roll7] + [roll8]

[roll9]
[roll10] + [roll11]

If target is immune to SA, I deal half damage with Penetrating Strike.

A ghost strike weapon functions as a ghost touch weapon (DMG 224). In addition, sneak attacks and critical hits made with a ghost strike weapon against an undead creature affect it as if it were a living creature.

Weapon is a +5 magical weapon for DR purposes.

He will use Robilars Gambit (http://dndtools.eu/feats/players-handbook-ii--80/robilars-gambit--2465/), and can make up to 10 aoo's. Due to Sneak Attack Of Opportunity (http://dndtools.eu/feats/epic-level-handbook--41/sneak-attack-of-opportunity--2668/) feat, each attack is considered a sneak attack for Floki.

[roll12]
[roll13] + [roll14]

[roll15]
[roll16] + [roll17]

[roll18]
[roll19] + [roll20]

[roll21]
[roll22] + [roll23]

[roll24]
[roll25] + [roll26]

[roll27]
[roll28] + [roll29]

[roll30]
[roll31] + [roll32]

[roll33]
[roll34] + [roll35]

[roll36]
[roll37] + [roll38]

[roll39] [Nat 1]
[roll40] + [roll41]

Heals 3 hp's with fast healing.
Floki (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=899169)

J-H
2014-05-28, 09:05 PM
Ricter
"What!" The elan floats upwards, out of reach of these...creatures. He points an invisible hand at one, and a bolt of lightning jumps from it to one of the false-men, and then to another one.

Move action, float to 5' off the ceiling and over to U20 - I believe this is a pretty tall room. 40' fly speed from Overland Flight.
Heal 5 hp from Psychoactive Skin of the Troll.

Targeting H2 with Energy Missile (auto-quickened) (electric). The missile will then hit H1.
Base cost 3 plus augmenting to 18PP.
Electric damage [roll0] Reflex DC 43 half (including +2 from using electric)
Spell Pen [roll1] (including +2 for using Electric)
Electric damage [roll2] Reflex DC 43 half
Spell Pen [roll3]

Also, Mind Thrust against H2; augment to 9PP
Damage [roll4] Will save DC 31 negates
Spell Pen [roll5]
Not mentioning Mind Thrust outside of the spoiler because nobody can really detect it happening.

bcool999
2014-05-28, 11:26 PM
Ferris

Ferris grunts slightly as a humanoid shape appears before him and stabs him. "How careless of me... I wasn't looking where I was going." He says in an overly calm voice as he shifts his footing slightly before making what appears to be one cut with his blade and a single twitch of his tail.

Will save vs DC 32 [roll0] Even if I fail though the fear is suppressed because of the Banner of the Storms Eye for me and everyone within 20ft. of me so...

Swift Action to change into Hearing the Air stance. I now have Blindsense 30ft. so if there are any more of the guys hanging about I now sense them. (I know what square they are in though they are still considered 'concealed' from me)

Full round Action: Initiate Time Stands Still which lets me have 2 full attacks on H3... between me and Floki he should be dead methinks... Anyway attack rolls (and my weapon is +6 for bypassing DR though my tail is non-magical):
Sword1: [roll1] Damage: [roll2]
Sword2: [roll3] Damage: [roll4]
Sword3: [roll5] Damage: [roll6]
Sword4: [roll7] Damage: [roll8]
Tail1: [roll9] Damage: [roll10]
Sword5: [roll11] Damage: [roll12]
Sword6: [roll13] Damage: [roll14]
Sword7: [roll15] Damage: [roll16]
Sword8: [roll17] Damage: [roll18]
Tail2: [roll19] Damage: [roll20]

I also heal 3 damage from fast healing...

Mishkov
2014-05-29, 08:48 AM
The ambush by the mysterious humanoids was largely unsuccessful. Ferris turns on his attacker as Floki approaches from behind. The two pronged attack eviscerates the being. The other is destroyed by Jalor's assault as Ricter rains down death from above. As they die, their bodies vanish, leaving only the two daggers falling towards the ground.

The third realizes it is clearly outmatched and runs towards the right door (W25). It seems to be able to fade through the doors entirely, and you lose sight of it as it slips into the other side.

H1 DEAD
H3 DEAD

Jalor gets an AoO against the fleeing creature.

4,500 EXP

As you look around, you realize that some of this may be recent damage. It looks as if there was a battle here recently, or at some time, and you notice two more daggers lay on the ground. At one time there were many more of these things in this room...

If you pursue, do only one round of action. If not, you can be more flexible.

Svata
2014-05-30, 10:49 AM
Jalor lashes out at the fleeing enemy, striking hard.
Power attack for 11. [roll0] [roll1]

BelGareth
2014-05-30, 11:29 AM
Floki steps out the shadow and calms down as the humanoids flee from the fight, he picks up a dagger and pockets it nonchalantly.

"Floki is wondering what those were, any ideas?" he says as he squints around looking for anything out of the ordinary.

[roll0]

Once he takes a quick scan he flourishes his dark blade in the air, concentrating for a moment.

Recovering spent maneuvers.

Svata
2014-05-30, 03:16 PM
Not a clue, sorry. I'm not good at telling humanoids apart. I can really only do outsiders and undead."

BelGareth
2014-05-30, 03:27 PM
Floki tip toes towards the doors shrugging his shoulders as he does.

"Oh well then, maybe we'll figure it out later, when the gods deem it ok?" he says, smiling slightly.

He looks at one of the doors sideways..."hmmm, well, letsee about these?"

He searches one of the doors.

Search door @ M23
[roll0]

And to speed up things, if people want to wait, he'll search the others as well:
Search door @ P26
[roll1]

Search door @ R-T28
[roll2]

Search door @ W25
[roll3]

Mishkov
2014-05-30, 09:30 PM
Jalor pegs the humanoid as he runs away, it bleeds but this disappears through the door.

The doors are just...normal doors. You can't see anything through them, but you don't detect anything strange about them. The one to the north seems to be made from a wall of force, but it has a handle, you imagine it wouldn't be difficult to move.

bcool999
2014-05-31, 01:05 PM
Ferris

"You all can decide where to go next... I need to get rid of this sick feeling that cavern left me with." Says Ferris as he pulls out a rod and uses it to heal his body of it's weakness.

Using a charge on my Rod of Bodily Restoration to heal 2 con damage.

Svata
2014-05-31, 01:13 PM
Whle the doors are inspected, Jalor takes the time to re-cast a couple ofhis shorter-duration buffs.
"So, where to from here?"

Mishkov
2014-05-31, 05:32 PM
In the aftermath of the battle, you explore the chambers. Three doors stand, unclear the direction to take. Their markings are unclear though the secluded planar temple of a long forgotten god was never expected to make much sense.

You begin to discuss strategy and your future paths. However, as Ferris pulls out the rod to heal himself, the doors to the north flies open and darkness floods into the chamber as if a dam of darkness had burst. You hear a hiss as three barbed devils leap through the darkness and strike out at Floki with their claws. Their claws drip with a vile poison and their mere presence would strike fear into the hearts of most. Another appears and strikes out at Ferris They appear slightly larger or more refined than your standard barbed devil...

Barbed devil 1 vs Floki:

Claw 1: [roll0] to hit for [roll1] damage
Miss chance! [roll2] greater than 20 hits.
IF HIT:
1) DC 30 fear save vs Will (one save per barbed devil, then immune to the rest of the effects)
2) DC 32 fort save vs posion for [roll3] inital STR damage [roll4] secondary STR damage
3) [roll5] grapple
3b) IF HIT [roll6] impale damage

Claw 2: [roll7] to hit for [roll8] damage +[roll9] SA damage (flanking)
Miss chance! [roll10] greater than 20 hits.
IF HIT:
1) DC 32 fort save vs posion for [roll11] inital STR damage [roll12] secondary STR damage
2) [roll13] grapple
2b) IF HIT BY GRAPPLE [roll14] impale damage

Barbed devil 2 vs Floki:

Claw 1: [roll15] to hit for [roll16] damage +[roll17] SA damage (flanking)
Miss chance! [roll18] greater than 20 hits.
IF HIT:
1) DC 30 fear save vs Will (one save per barbed devil, then immune to the rest of the effects)
2) DC 32 fort save vs posion for [roll19] inital STR damage [roll20] secondary STR damage
3) [roll21] grapple
3b) IF HIT [roll22] impale damage

Claw 2: [roll23] to hit for [roll24] damage +[roll25] SA damage (flanking)
Miss chance! [roll26] greater than 20 hits.
IF HIT:
1) DC 32 fort save vs posion for [roll27] inital STR damage [roll28] secondary STR damage
2) [roll29] grapple
2b) IF HIT BY GRAPPLE [roll30] impale damage

Barbed devil 3 vs Ferris:

Claw 1: [roll31] to hit for [roll32] damage
Miss chance! [roll33] greater than 20 hits.
IF HIT:
2) DC 32 fort save vs posion for [roll34] inital STR damage [roll35] secondary STR damage
3) [roll36] grapple
3b) IF HIT [roll37] impale damage

Claw 2: [roll38] to hit for [roll39] damage +[roll40] SA damage (flanking)
Miss chance! [roll41] greater than 20 hits.
IF HIT:
1) DC 32 fort save vs posion for [roll42] inital STR damage [roll43] secondary STR damage
2) [roll44] grapple
2b) IF HIT BY GRAPPLE [roll45] impale damage

map (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AtsMiJ3T2sitdG5ieWlfRUhWNU5nUVNySTJFYWVMc 2c&usp=drive_web#gid=0)

J-H
2014-05-31, 08:31 PM
Ricter

Ricter glides forward in the air, attempting to stun the barbed devils while readying himself for more combat.

Move action to Q15 (still invisible, flying, etc, overland flight giving 40' speed)
Manifesting (auto-quickened) Twinned Psionic Blast. Base cost 5 + 4 for Twin + 4 to augment it to 3 rounds = 13pp

30' cone, area of effect hits all 3 devils but misses Floki. Will save DC29 twice, or be stunned for 3 rounds.

Spell pen rolls
BD1[roll0]
BD1[roll1]
BD2[roll2]
BD2[roll3]
BD3[roll4]
BD3[roll5]

Standard action to manifest Schism for 31 rounds, 7pp.

Total PP expended, 20. Psychic focus has been expended and needs to be restored before Ricter can manifest any metapsionics (other than auto-quicken) next round.

Svata
2014-06-02, 03:51 PM
Jalor steps left, then full-attacks barbed devil 3.

Power Attacking for 6, (attacks) [roll0] [roll1] [roll2] [roll3] [roll4] [roll5] (damage) [roll6] [roll7][roll8][roll9][roll]1d3+32[roll][roll10][roll11][roll12] (Intimidate check, if needed)[roll13]

"You see what I've done to your ally, here. Leave now, and I'll let you live.

bcool999
2014-06-02, 11:32 PM
Ferris

Returning to his corporeal form, Ferris does not look pleased at the unexpected attack. "What is with this place and being ambushed? It has just been one ambush after another! At least I have more smug bastards to take my annoyance out on..." Says Ferris as he Shadow Strides next to the Devil that hit him.

"Let me know if this hurts... so I can do it again!" he shouts as he sends a wicked slash with bone breaking force at the fiend.

Move Action: Shadow Stride to Q21 Where I should have Cover from BD2.
Standard Action: Mountain Tombstone Strike!

Attack: [roll0] Damage: [roll1] and Con Damage: [roll2] No Save if Hit.

BelGareth
2014-06-03, 02:14 PM
Floki turns with ease and watches with surprise and a mixture of amazement and shock as the Barbed Devils attempt to stab and claw at him, the glammer on his cloak making the first strike miss, while the others are plain bad attempts to touch him.

Taking a slight step forward, like a master Pianist about to regale the crowd with a magnificent solo, Floki makes a silent gesture with his sword, as if it were a baton in the hands of a conductor, where a small ember erupts behind the devils, spitting and hissing.

And then time seems to stand still, Floki of course, moves with grace, weaving and flowing as he moves with strikes aimed at the devils to cause as much damage as possible, his blade, Mothers kiss, does just that, plating her deadly touch to those who would let her.

Free action: 5-ft step to P20
Swift action: Distracting Ember in P17
Full round action: Time Stands Still

Full attack on BD2 x 2

Full attack 1

[roll0]
[roll1] + Sneak Attack - (13d6+43)[86]

[roll2]
[roll3] + Sneak Attack - (13d6+43)[73]

[roll4]
[roll5] + Sneak Attack - (13d6+43)[80]

[roll6]
[roll7] + Sneak Attack - (13d6+43)[89]

Full attack 2

[roll8]
[roll9] + Sneak Attack - (13d6+43)[85]

[roll10]
[roll11] + Sneak Attack - (13d6+43)[88]

[roll12]
[roll13] + Sneak Attack - (13d6+43)[94]
Crit confirm attack 3 - (1d20+54)[73]
Damage - (1d6+16)[18]

[roll14]
[roll15] + Sneak Attack - (13d6+43)[101]

Floki is NOT in Floki's gambit stance.

Mishkov
2014-06-04, 10:52 AM
Ricter's magic stuns one of the pack of demons but the other two resist its assault. Jalor preys on the stunned foe, stabbing the demon with his spear. The second demon was unprepared for the assault that Ferris unleashed when Floki creeps up from behind and find its weak points. The second demon falls from the assault, but its barbs strike back at their assailants.

[roll0] damage to Ferris

[roll1] damage to Floki
[roll2] damage to Floki
[roll3] damage to Floki
[roll4] damage to Floki
[roll5] damage to Floki
[roll6] damage to Floki
[roll7] damage to Floki
[roll8] damage to Floki

One lone demon remains conscious and alert. Its voice echos in your mind We may die here. You are strong, but not strong enough...you will die in this place too. The demon strikes back at Floki, lunging forward with claw and tooth.

Claw 1: [roll9] to hit for [roll10] damage
Miss chance! [roll11] greater than 20 hits.
IF HIT:
2) DC 32 fort save vs posion for [roll12] inital STR damage [roll13] secondary STR damage
3) [roll14] grapple
3b) IF HIT [roll15] impale damage

Claw 2: [roll16] to hit for [roll17] damage +[roll18] SA damage (flanking)
Miss chance! [roll19] greater than 20 hits.
IF HIT:
1) DC 32 fort save vs posion for [roll20] inital STR damage [roll21] secondary STR damage
2) [roll22] grapple
2b) IF HIT BY GRAPPLE [roll23] impale damage

Claw 3: [roll24] to hit for [roll25] damage +[roll26] SA damage (flanking)
Miss chance! [roll27] greater than 20 hits.
IF HIT:
1) DC 32 fort save vs posion for [roll28] inital STR damage [roll29] secondary STR damage
2) [roll30] grapple
2b) IF HIT BY GRAPPLE [roll31] impale damage

Remember to roll miss chance if you don't have a way around deeper darkness granting 20% concealment.

Demon 1 Alive and unhappy
Demon 2 Dead
Demon 3 Stunned round 1/3

J-H
2014-06-04, 07:13 PM
Ricter

Seeing his comrade in trouble, Ricter acts to weaken the devil that's assailing him.

Auto-quickened Vigor (5pp) for 25 temporary HP - 5pp expended.
Move action: Regain Psionic focus
Standard action: Manifest EPIC POWAR! "My Pain is your crippling"

Spell pen [roll0]
Inflict [roll1] negative levels; Fort save DC 36 for half

Ricter takes [roll2] backlash damage

Svata
2014-06-05, 08:24 PM
Jalor grins, which is a hideous sight, "Don't worry about us dying. We have insurance," he then proceeds to continue attacking his devil.

Power Attacking for 11, again. (attacks)[roll0][roll1][roll2][roll3][roll4][roll5] (damage) [roll6] [roll7][roll8][roll9][roll10][roll11][roll12][roll13]

BelGareth
2014-06-06, 11:40 AM
Floki shifts subtly under the grappling spikes and barbs of the Devil and vanishes in a puff of smoke, reappearing behind a pillar and hiding from sight.

Move action: Shadow Stride to T25
Standard: [roll0]

Heal 3 hp's from FH

bcool999
2014-06-08, 10:56 AM
Ferris

Stepping close to his foe, Ferris attempts to end the conflict in one decisive blow.

5ft. Step to BD3 or the other one if that one is still up.
Standard Action: Strike of Perfect Clarity +100 damage on a hit
Power Attacking for 5 for +10 damage
Attack: [roll0] Damage: [roll1] NAT 1 :smallfurious:
Fast Heal for 3.

Mishkov
2014-06-08, 01:43 PM
Ricter casts an epic spell that drains the devil of some of its life. The devil seems to cringe, but some of the damage was resisted. Jalor continues to assault the devil with his spear, finding his mark numerous times. The devil, bleeding, makes a move to strike at Floki, but the rogue dances away.

As the devil lunges forward to assault Floki, Ferris strikes and misses. The devil recoils and instead turns to assault the stonechild when his defenses are down. You see terror in its eyes and feel the desperation in its strikes. It knows its brother is down and another is stunned.

Attacks vs Ferris

Claw 1: [roll0] to hit for [roll1] damage
Miss chance! [roll2] greater than 20 hits.
IF HIT:
2) DC 32 fort save vs posion for [roll3] inital STR damage [roll4] secondary STR damage
3) [roll5] grapple
3b) IF HIT [roll6] impale damage

Claw 2: [roll7] to hit for [roll8] damage
Miss chance! [roll9] greater than 20 hits.
IF HIT:
1) DC 32 fort save vs posion for [roll10] inital STR damage [roll11] secondary STR damage
2) [roll12] grapple
2b) IF HIT [roll13] impale damage

Claw 3: [roll14] to hit for [roll15] damage
Miss chance! [roll16] greater than 20 hits.
IF HIT:
1) DC 32 fort save vs posion for [roll17] inital STR damage [roll18] secondary STR damage
2) [roll19] grapple
2b) IF HIT [roll20] impale damage

Map (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AtsMiJ3T2sitdG5ieWlfRUhWNU5nUVNySTJFYWVMc 2c&usp=drive_web#gid=0)

BD1 Stunned 2/3
BD3 218, 7 negative levels

Svata
2014-06-10, 09:29 AM
Jalor moves past his devil, then casts a spell. causing a horrifically loud sound to issue forth from him.

Lion's Roar. [roll0] sonic damage to both devils, and a DC 37 Fort save or be stunned. The save also halves the damage.

BelGareth
2014-06-10, 12:20 PM
Floki lent against the pillar with a sigh, out of sight and mind from the barbed devil for the moment, his wounds were healing themselves, just not fast enough, and he had holes in several places over his body, he winced as they moved, torn muscle, and severed tendons making it hard work.

He would need to recover, and let his allies finish them off, if no one could provide his with healing, then he would do what he could.

He focused for a few seconds and recovered his maneuvers, then thought on what kind of healing magic would be best to aqcuire, he knew how to use wands, so that was likely the best option.

J-H
2014-06-13, 07:07 AM
Ricter
A torrent of ectoplasmic crystals sprays from Ricter's position, bombarding the devil.

Auto-quickened plus twinned Crystal Shard for 31pp:
Ranged touch attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1] pierce
Ranged touch attack [roll2]
Damage [roll3] pierce
Crits [roll4] [roll5]

Standard action: Manifest Hustle, regain Psionic focus. 3pp

Heal 5 hp from Psychoactive Skin of the Troll.

bcool999
2014-06-13, 04:42 PM
Ferris

Annoyed with his previous failures to kill the fiend in front of him. Ferris concentrates on his opponents weak-spots. With the distraction provided by Ricter's attack, he lashes out with a deadly slice.

Standard: Diamond Nightmare Blade
Concentration Check: (DC = Devil's AC) [roll0]
Success means this attack does x4 damage. Failure means the attack is made at a -2.
Attack: [roll1] (-2 if concentration check fails)
[roll2] (-2 if concentration check fails, includes warblades Battle Ardor bonus)
Damage: [roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]

Move Action: Should the devil die, Ferris moves over to finish off the other one.

Mishkov
2014-06-13, 06:17 PM
Between the crystal rays and the assault from Ferris, the second demon falls in a pool of its own blood. The sonic damage from Jalor harmed both demons. Still stunned, the party collapses upon the final demon, easily dispatching it.

Lewt: +3 moderate fortification breastplate, amulet of mighty fists +2, ring of protection 4 (x3 for all loot). 5500 EXP

Cautiously the party explores the two other rooms, checking for traps or other arcane symbols. One area appears to be a barracks. Bunks, tables, and benches once furnished this room, although they are now in complete disarray. The stone walls are covered with intricate symbols. This area served as barracks clearly but probably only for the lesser monks of the monastery. Discipline among the ranks was rigid—only simple attire and unexceptional monk weapons can be found here, as personal items were not allowed. The symbols are a regimented series of meditative exercises—perhaps interesting to a fellow monk, but containing no real information.

The second chamber was clearly used to hold prisoners: thick iron bars form a series of cells, and heavy manacles bolted to the walls at a variety of heights indicate that creatures of all types could be held here. One corner of the chamber is open to the tetrahedron’s shell. Creatures of all types were incarcerated here over the ages to await their punishment. All cells are locked (Open Lock DC 30) and the cell bars are the equivalent of an iron portcullis, although there is nothing of value within them.

Svata
2014-06-17, 03:40 AM
Nothing of use here. I suppose we head north, now?

BelGareth
2014-06-17, 01:00 PM
Floki's wounds healed up in an instant, and he instantly felt better, but then his energy seemed to fade just as quick, he looked and felt utterly exhausted, and he couldn't even stand, the only way was through sheer willpower to activate his ring. The Arboreal wings sprouted and kept him aloft, his arms dangling at the inability to hold himself up...

"I fear...I fear....I cannot be of much help...here...."

Floki is both exhausted and encumbered (due to being exhausted; -6 to Str/Dex)

Mishkov
2014-06-19, 01:55 PM
You move on after examining the different chambers. As Jalor states, it was time to move north. The effects of fatigue begin to wear on you, time itself has become your enemy. You feel your magics slipping from your bodies, the duration of our spells quickly running out.

You notice the stone walls within this once-fine chamber are bashed in, its furniture smashed to pieces, and the grisly remains of creatures are spread throughout. The tetrahedron shell also forces its way into the space, narrowing down to a single point at the chamber’s far end. Near this far end, a triangular patch on one of the tetrahedron’s walls shimmers with a notably different appearance, composed of crackling sheets of yellow and gray energy. The air is thick here; you realize there is no need for flight; you can simply walk up and down the air; this is a strange place.

In the shadows lurks an ancient killer, his quarters been undisturbed for a millennium or more. Earlier his chambers had been trampled through, his forces brushed aside. He sat in wait, knowing he could not go through the next chamber. He fiddles with his knives as his minions eye him in their periphery. They had not seen their leader in this state in eons, the cold rage building, fueled by his contingent resurrection.

As the party enters, they lie in wait in the in between places. Observing the party, seeing their weaknesses, they then strike. One, the leader, strikes out at Floki, the other two mob Ricter.

If you can beat Hide [roll0] with spot and init [roll1] with init, you won't be flat-footed (for the humanoids again)
If Floki can beat a Spot of [roll2] with a hide check, the leader will attack Ferris.

All have blindsight FYI.

All DC 32 will vs fear (panicked) for 20 rounds.

Humanoid 1 vs Ricter: [roll3] vs Flat footed AC for [roll4] damage +[roll5] if crit, sneak attack damage [roll6], poison injury DC 36 fort for [roll7] DEX damage initial, [roll8] DEX damage secondary
Humanoid 1 vs Ricter: [roll9] vs Flat footed AC for [roll10] damage +[roll11] if crit, sneak attack damage [roll12], poison injury DC 36 fort for [roll13] DEX damage initial, [roll14] DEX damage secondary
Ferris

Leader vs Floki Ferris: [roll15] vs Flat footed AC for [roll16] damage +[roll17] if crit, sneak attack damage [roll18], poison injury DC 54 fort for [roll19] STR damage initial, [roll20] STR damage secondary
Leader hide is [roll21] and init [roll22]

Crits are at 15! Confirm and damage
[roll23] for [roll24]
[roll25] for [roll26]
[roll27] for [roll28]
[roll29] for [roll30]

BelGareth
2014-06-19, 02:00 PM
Found a source that Air Genasi (http://dndtools.eu/races/forgotten-realms-campaign-setting--19/air-genasi--83/) are Native outsiders.

Also, spot and init:
[roll0]
[roll1]

J-H
2014-06-20, 08:07 AM
Ricter

"You don't look like you're one of the undead trying to destroy all life on the Prime Material plane. Our quarrel isn't with you!" Ricter steps back, putting one hand to his head while the other one shoots a giant ball of lightning at one of the humanoids that puts St. Elmo's fire to shame; it bounces to the other two creatures, shocking them.

(Auto-quickened) Twinned Energy Missile (electric) for 31pp (27+4)

H1:
Damage [roll0] Reflex DC 49 half, spell pen [roll1]
Damage [roll2] Reflex DC 49 half, spell pen [roll3]

H2:
Damage [roll4] Reflex DC 49 half, spell pen [roll5]
Damage [roll6] Reflex DC 49 half, spell pen [roll7]

H3:
Damage [roll8] Reflex DC 49 half, spell pen [roll9]
Damage [roll10] Reflex DC 49 half, spell pen [roll11]

5' step back to S11

Manifest Decerebrate on the leader (13pp). Fort save DC 30 or die. Spell pen [roll12]

Heal 5 hp from psychoactive skin of troll

Svata
2014-06-22, 12:25 AM
Jalor casts quickly, growing in size and power.

Casting Righteous Might

BelGareth
2014-06-26, 01:44 AM
Floki stays hidden and silently activates his boots as his fellow comrades attempt to parlay with the opponents.

Activates Boots of haste. (30 rounds)
Observes the main opponent for a Death attack Rounds: 1/3

bcool999
2014-06-27, 08:35 PM
Ferris

Grunting with pain as the poison turns his muscles into limp noodles, Ferris growls at the attacking humanoids. "What is the big idea attacking us? Are we your enemy? NO! Your enemies are the ones who killed all of your friends back there. NOT US! We came here to stop them. To grind them into dust under our boots so they will not bother anyone ever again! But if you can't understand that. If you can't understand that we would never come here by choice save for those ***holes, if you would protect them by delaying us, then I GUESS THAT MAKES YOU OUR ENEMY AS WELL!" Ferris shouts, contracting his muscles in such a way that the remaining poison gets squeezed out harmlessly.

Diplomacy: [roll0]
Standard Action: Iron Heart Surge to get rid of the poison. (Still ate that nasty 14 str damage though)
Move: 5 foot step closer to the leader if he is currently out of reach

Mishkov
2014-06-28, 09:38 AM
The orbs blast the humanoids, charring their skin though they manage to avoid some of the blast. The others buff and attempt to reason with the ancient warriors.

I am Shoolian, guardian of the monastery. The monastery is to be guarded. None may pass, the hourglass will be activated, such is the will of Erivatius. the leader hisses back, ignoring your attempt to parley in one-minded pursuit of his orders. As he speaks, the others two slide past Floki to help mob Ferris in an attempt to bring him down quickly. The leader whirls his dagger as they all go in for the kill. His dagger dances and spins in a random array making it difficult to determine where his next attack is coming from.

So the movement is interesting here. H1 moves to S9, then Q9. H2 moves to T9 then S9. All 4 moves provoke AoO from Floki. H2 provokes 1 AoO from Jalor. Then they move towards the side as part of a spring attack, so Ferris does not get an AoO against anything.

However, they're all flanking, so...

Humanoid 1 vs Ferris: [roll0] vs AC for [roll1] damage +[roll2] if crit, sneak attack damage [roll3], poison injury DC 36 fort for [roll4] DEX damage initial, [roll5] DEX damage secondary
Humanoid 2 vs Ferris: [roll6] vs AC for [roll7] damage +[roll8] if crit, sneak attack damage [roll9], poison injury DC 36 fort for [roll10] DEX damage initial, [roll11] DEX damage secondary

Leader vs Ferris (Full attack rotation)

The leader gets to feint as a free action in combat, but I believe he has to make the check in between in attack instead of just one.

Feint check 1: [roll12] or vs flat footed AC opposed by d20 + sense motive + BAB

Attack 1: [roll13] vs AC for [roll14] damage +[roll15] if crit, sneak attack damage [roll16], poison injury DC 54 fort for [roll17] STR damage initial, [roll18] STR damage secondary

Feint check 2: [roll19] or vs flat footed AC opposed by d20 + sense motive + BAB

Attack 2: [roll20] 74, crit vs AC for [roll21] damage +[roll22] if crit, sneak attack damage [roll23], poison injury DC 54 fort for [roll24] STR damage initial, [roll25] STR damage secondary

Feint check 3: [roll26] or vs flat footed AC opposed by d20 + sense motive + BAB

Attack 3: [roll27] 70, crit vs AC for [roll28] damage +[roll29] if crit, sneak attack damage [roll30], poison injury DC 54 fort for [roll31] STR damage initial, [roll32] STR damage secondary

Feint check 4: [roll33] or vs flat footed AC opposed by d20 + sense motive + BAB

Attack 4: [roll34] 53 vs AC for [roll35] damage +[roll36] if crit, sneak attack damage [roll37], poison injury DC 54 fort for [roll38] STR damage initial, [roll39] STR damage secondary

They crit at 15 Confirms:
[roll40] for [roll41]
[roll42] for [roll43]
[roll44] for [roll45]
[roll46] for [roll47]
[roll48] for [roll49]
[roll50] for [roll51]
[roll52] for [roll53]
[roll54] for [roll55]

H1 saves twice: 83
H2 saves twice: 93
L saves thrice: 100

map (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AtsMiJ3T2sitdG5ieWlfRUhWNU5nUVNySTJFYWVMc 2c&usp=drive_web#gid=0)

bcool999
2014-06-28, 11:08 AM
Ferris

Finding himself surrounded, Ferris tries to dodge the viper-like strikes of the knives all about him, but try as he might the blows get through. With them comes the same poison that jellies Ferris's muscles eventually making him collapse in a heap on the ground, unable to lift a finger.

Svata
2014-06-29, 03:39 PM
Jalor stabs at the humanoid who moves past him, attempting to impale him. AoO, Power Atacking for 7. [roll0] [roll1]

J-H
2014-06-29, 06:09 PM
Ricter

Seeing one of his compatriots go down, Ricter grits his teeth and widens his eyes, grunting in pain as he channels a massive amount of psionic power at the leader; a dark aura briefly flashes around the leader's body, as Ricter simultaneously blockades his his followers with an opaque wall of green, glowing ectoplasm.

Standard action Epic Power!
Bestow [roll0] negative levels on the leader, DC33 half
Backlash damage on Ricter [roll1]

Manifest Quickened Wall of Ectoplasm running across the room down the border between columns Q & R to the wall at line 16. It stretches floor-to-ceiling, and although they can probably break it, they will have to expend actions to do so.
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/wallofEctoplasm.htm
Cost 7 (base) + 4 (quickened) pp = 11pp expended.

Ricter will also move to W11.

Heal 5hp from Psychoactive skin of the troll

BelGareth
2014-06-30, 12:43 AM
Floki stabs and whirls as the enemy moves by him, provoking deadly opportunities for the master rogue.

He takes all 4 aoo's
[roll0]
[roll1] + [roll2]

[roll3]
[roll4] + [roll5]

[roll6]
[roll7] + [roll8]

[roll9]
[roll10] + [roll11]

crit on a 19-20/x2
[roll12]
[roll13]
[roll14]
[roll15]

Once he is done, he smiles as they realize they overlooked him, and then moves towards the leader and with a wave, another elemental 'pops' into existence behind him.

He full attacks the Leader after using Distracting Ember and then Time stands still.

Round 1
[roll16]
[roll17] + [roll18]

[roll19]
[roll20] + [roll21]

[roll22]
[roll23] + [roll24]

[roll25]
[roll26] + [roll27]

[roll28]
[roll29] + [roll30]

Round 2
[roll31]
[roll32] + [roll33]

[roll34]
[roll35] + [roll36]

[roll37]
[roll38] + [roll39]

[roll40]
[roll41] + [roll42]

[roll43]
[roll44] + [roll45]

Svata
2014-07-01, 07:14 AM
Jalor moves near the leader, as the other two are behind the ectoplasmic wall, stabbing his spear into his foe, attempting to find his heart, while staying far enough away to not incur return attacks. He activates his belt again, and stabs at him some more. "If you would stand in our way, then fall."

Moving to T7, so unless he has 10' reach, no retrn attacks from Roliblar's Gambit. Activating Belt of Battle for anoher Full Attack. Power attaking for 5. (first attack) [roll0] (full attack) [roll1] [roll2] [roll3] [roll4] (claws) [roll5] [roll6]
(damage) [roll7] [roll8] [roll9] [roll10] [roll11] [roll12] [roll13] [roll14] [roll15]

Mishkov
2014-07-01, 03:53 PM
Ferris falls as the poison enters his vein. Jalor slashes at the ones moving and Floki appears suddenly, ripping the throat of one with his dagger and striking at the other. The first humanoid falls while the second moves only to find himself trapped behind an ectoplasmic wall. He strikes at the wall furiously, eventually ripping a hole through it.

Floki and Jalor team up to assault Shoolian followed by a blast from Ricter to drain the man of his essence. Shoolian dodges most of the powerful attacks from Jalor though he cannot avoid a claw slash. He strikes back at Floki, the poison dropping him to the ground, paralyzed. Dagger still dripping with the deadly poison, he eyes the lich, and then to Ricter. He springs forward, running across the air and stabs at the psion after feinting a false attack, attempting to disable him before the psion finishes the rogue.

H2 spends his time breaking the wall. There is a hole now.

Shoolian provokes and AoO from Jalor

Shoolian attacks Ricter

Feint [roll0] vs d20 + sense motive + BAB or flat footed. If you are not flat footed, ignore the SA damage.

[roll1] vs AC [roll2] damage, sneak attack damage (from AoOs) [roll3], poison injury DC 54 fort for [roll4] STR damage initial, [roll5] STR damage secondary

H1: 340 DEAD
H2: 304
L: 237

J-H
2014-07-01, 09:42 PM
Ricter

Ricter steps away from the slavering, dagger-wielding humanoid and attempts to end its life.

5' step to X12 so he doesn't eat any AOOs
edit: changing action - realized I had miscalculated on probability of success. Spell pen rolls stand.
Move action to regain psionic focus
Auto-quickened Twinned Crystal Shard for 27d6 x 2 damage and a ranged touch attack (will roll in next post) (31pp)
Followed by manifesting Microcosm for 31pp as my standard action. If he has 240 HP or fewer, he's locked in drooling idiocy until he dies.
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/microcosm.htm
Spell pen [roll0]
Spell pen [roll1]

62pp expended
heal 5hp from skin of troll

J-H
2014-07-01, 09:50 PM
Crystal shard damage/attack rolls
Ranged touch [roll0]
Damage [roll1]
Ranged touch [roll2]
Damage [roll3]

Crit rolls [roll4] [roll5]

Mishkov
2014-07-07, 09:21 AM
Two fallen to poison, crystal shards rip apart their poisoner. The remaining humanoid lounges towards him, attempting to stab the man who felled his leader. His blade poisoned once again striking out at the psion.

Spring attack!

[roll0] for [roll1] damage +[roll2] if crit, poison injury DC 36 fort for [roll3] DEX damage initial, [roll4] DEX damage secondary

Svata
2014-07-08, 01:49 PM
Jalor realizes that tue enemy needs to be dealt with as quickly as possible, so he casts Time Stop. He then summons help in the form of [roll0] Huge Earth Elementals, converts a Mass Lesser Vigor into an Inflict Serious Wounds, which he casts into his spear, puts a Blade Barrier beneath the enemy, and finishes by casting Greater Blink and Divine Favor on himself.

Time Stop Duration [roll1] Spell Resistance roll [roll2]
(Goofed on time stop roll. Posted new one in OOC thread.)

Mishkov
2014-07-10, 02:13 PM
The remaining gloom finds itself upon a field of blades and is quickly eviscerated by their slashes! A quiet descends upon the room, only the clinks of the daggers which have dropped to the ground remain. The next door stands ominously before you. Ancient runes line the door, a warning to those who would enter. Time continues to tick, faster and faster, working against your every action.

DC 40 know(history) or DC 50 (know planes)
The runes indicate "Herein lies Suolvour, guardian of the hourglass and collector of the dead." The way the language is formulate, the runes indicate that this Soulvour is some sort of magical scaled creature, likely a dragon but possibly a hydra or something more sinister.

6500 exp, 3 daggers (all +5 except in the hands of the glooms)

Let me know if you wish to take any actions or discuss anything before opening the door! I will give you 3 days time unless someone begins a discussion IC and OOC that requires some time to resolve. Again, this next encounter can be somewhat...difficult. Good luck.

Svata
2014-07-15, 08:55 PM
Jalor walks around as his allies recover, his body glowing with negative energy, it crackling off of him, ripping at his preserved flesh, dealing [roll0] to him and draining him of 500 xp. After he finishes casting it, a ghostly black figure raises from each of his foes on the field.

J-H
2014-08-02, 01:13 PM
Ricter

After the last of the humanoids falls dead, Ricter retrieves a rod from the belt of one of his companions, and uses it to begin restoring them to health. Once they're able to stand again, he hands it back to its owner and prepares himself. "I hope there are not many more traps like this. My reserves are running low. This lich we are seeking has planned well."

Right before they open the door, Ricter turns the group Ethereal. Instead of opening the door, they simply walk through it.

Regenerates to full health from time, regains the minor lost str/dex the same way more than likely, etc.

Buffs:
Epic spell, Knowledge Defied (invis, immune to divinations, mind blank, true seeing)
Schism (7pp)
Etherealness, Psionic (group) (17pp)
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/etherealnessPsionic.htm
which really points to: http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/etherealJaunt.htm
Use Ghost Touch, transdimensional power, etc,. to target material plane creatures. Only Force and Abjuration effects cross the barrier otherwise. I wish I'd had this on the group before the last fight.

Mishkov
2014-08-05, 03:47 PM
Upon entering the room, a force effect on the door slides in behind them, locking them within the chamber. You quickly realize that the chamber is a gigantic pyramid, and you have not entered at the base but at the top! Falling quickly and trying to stabilize yourselves, you realize flight can still be used in this strange pyramid.

If you do not manage to fly (with at least good maneuverability), teleport, or otherwise deny gravity, the fall damage is [roll0] as you started 14 feet above the ground. It requires a move action to reorient yourself. Worse than good flight, you have to use a standard action

The walls of this tetrahedron-shaped chamber are composed of slowly undulating bands of vermilion and black, shot through with spasms of fiery orange. Three crackling pyramids of energy flicker at different points in the chamber, and a wretched-looking sphere of crushed bodies, twenty feet in diameter, careens madly through the room, smashing off the walls with tremendous force. The sphere rages towards Floki, attempting to add him to the collection of bodies. However, as the party remains ethereal for this moment, the sphere passes through him.

You need to picture this chamber in terms of a pyramid, a tetrahedron. The pyramid is going to move it's focus of gravity which will change your position, so expect that in the updates. You entered on the top and are falling to the bottom.

In the center of the tetrahedron, a massive dragon looks up towards the party and quickly roars in anger. Two additional head slide out from aside her neck, and you are suddenly faced with a three-headed black-colored dragon. It flies up towards you with incredible speed and each massive maw opens to spew a devastating burst of energy in a cone towards you. She hisses, "As I told the others, there is no movement to the other chambers."

So the dragon is below you, flying up with three heads to spray force breath at you. 2 breaths hit everyone, one breath misses Ricter and one misses Wraith 1.
Breath 1: (Not ricter) [roll1] DC 45 ref for half
Breath 2: [roll2] DC 45 ref for half
Breath 3: (Not wraith 1) [roll3] DC 45 ref for half

She's 40 feet from the top and 100 feet from the ground.

Edit: Map (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AtsMiJ3T2sitdG5ieWlfRUhWNU5nUVNySTJFYWVMc 2c&usp=drive_web#gid=0)

J-H
2014-08-08, 08:00 PM
Ricter
Invisible and ethereal, Ricter fires back with an invisible assault on the dragon's life force, surrounding it in a dark cloud as he glides to the side and heals himself.

Quickened action used up by the Elan Resilience.
Schism'd brain manifests Vigor, augmented to 25pp (125 temporary HP)

Standard action is blasting dragon with the level drain epic power for [roll0] negative levels. Spell pen [roll1]. DC33 half.

Move to side (1/2 speed) so 15' - moving to the left and "up" on the map to separate from the group. Ricter is invisible, immune to divinations, and has boots that suppress scent. Moving farther from the dragon should keep him out of Blindsight range. Hard to specify a map location in 3d environment.

Heal 5hp from skin of troll.

BelGareth
2014-08-09, 09:58 AM
Smiling at the change of pace, Floki flitters in between the group and the dragon, dodging and weaving to avoid any attacks and attempts to strike the dragon, with only but one touch of his weapon, a shadow surges from his body into the dragons, spreading faster and faster.

Floki moves to within melee ranged (prbably provoking) and then attacks, invoking his standard distracting ember behind the dragon:

using Five-Shadow Creeping Ice Enervating Strike (http://dndtools.eu/spells/tome-of-battle-the-book-of-nine-swords--88/five-shadow-creeping-ice-enervating-strike--3692/) and Distracting ember (to make him flanked).
[roll0]
[roll1] + [roll2]

And [roll3]
Result of 1–7: Spreads out to legs. [roll4] Dex. Special effect: Speed is reduced to 0 feet.
Result of 8–14: Spreads out to arms. [roll5] Str. Special effect: –6 penalty on attack rolls and Concentration checks.
Result of 15–20: Struck in the heart. [roll6] Dex, & [roll7] Str. Special effect: [roll8] points of Constitution damage.

DC 24 fort save negates the special effect and halves the ability damage.

Svata
2014-08-09, 03:28 PM
[roll0][roll1][roll2]
After taking quite a bit of harm from the dragon, Jalor casts Energy Ebb on her.
DC 34 Fort save or take 1 negative level/round for 27 rouds

Mishkov
2014-08-15, 10:03 PM
The dragon snaps back at Floki, its bites going through the rogue as it deals with the ethereal status. The ancient beast is hardy and resists most spells. The chamber roars with the sound of grinding gears as the room once again rotates to another side. The ball bounces too and fro but avoids simply passes through Jalor on its way back.

The wyrm is crafty and in its age has learned that its mind has increased in its prowess. She has learned to cast spells with one head while the others act on their own. With one head, it mutters a curse and joins you all in etherealness. With another, she casts haste upon herself and with the third, she strikes back at Floki.

Dragon takes 13 negative levels.
-2 STR
166 damage

Attack: [roll0] for [roll1] damage

No change to the map at the moment

Svata
2014-08-16, 05:36 PM
Jalor acivates his Belt to take a move action, then closes with the dragon, attacking its ethereal form in a flash of adamantine and claws.

I had completely forgotten that my claws inflict 1d6 of constitution drain. Power Attack for 5.
(Spear) Attack 1[roll0] damage [roll1]
Attack 2 [roll2] damage [roll3]
Attack 3 [roll4] damage [roll]2d6+43[roll]
Attack 4 [roll5] damage [roll6]
(claws) Attack 1 [roll7] damage [roll8] damage (dessication) [roll9] CON drain [roll10]
Attack 2 [roll11] damage [roll12] damage (dessication) [roll13] CON drain [roll14]

J-H
2014-08-16, 06:09 PM
Ricter
Ricter lashes out at the dragon, attempting to weaken it further with another black cloud and a stream of crystals, before drifting to the side.

Move action: regain psionic focus
Schism'd brain: Mindwipe @ ML25 (base 7 + 18pp) Fort DC 33 or lose 4 levels
Note-interpreting this as "6 points is either +3 DC or +2 neg levels, but not both"
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/mindwipe.htm
Standard action: Twinned Crystal Shard
Touch Attack [roll0], damage [roll1] minus any DR
Touch Attack [roll2], damage [roll3] minus any DR
Crits [roll4] [roll5]

5' step away from the group.
Heal 5hp from trollskin.
PP expended: 56

BelGareth
2014-08-20, 11:26 AM
Floki decides enough is enough and opens himself to the dragon, while taking advantage of the situation as well. Hoping that this isn't a bad idea, and knowing, if it is, he wouldn't be around to long to worry about it.

Fast heal 3

Swift action: Shadowblink to other side of dragon to flank with Ricter
Initiate Time Stands Still full attack while in Robilars Gambit

Weapon is ghost strike and counts as magic

1st full attack

[roll0]
[roll1] + [roll2]

[roll3]
[roll4] + [roll5]

[roll6]
[roll7] + [roll8]

[roll9]
[roll10] + [roll11]

[roll12]
[roll13] + [roll14]

2nd full attack

[roll15]
[roll16] + [roll17]

[roll18] crit threat
Crit confirm - (1d20+53)[69]
[roll19] + [roll20]

[roll21] Natural 1
[roll22] + [roll23]

[roll24]
[roll25] + [roll26]

[roll27]
[roll28] + [roll29]

[roll30]
[roll31] + [roll32]

[roll33]
[roll34] + [roll35]

[roll36]
[roll37] + [roll38]

[roll39]
[roll40] + [roll41]

[roll42]
[roll43] + [roll44]

[roll45]
[roll46] + [roll47]

[roll48]
[roll49] + [roll50]

[roll51]
[roll52] + [roll53]

[roll54]
[roll55] + [roll56]

[roll57]
[roll58] + [roll59]

[roll60]
[roll61]
[roll62]
[roll63]
[roll64]
[roll65]
[roll66]
[roll67]
[roll68]
[roll69]

1st full attack
[roll70]
[roll71]
[roll72]
[roll73]
[roll74]

2nd full attack

[roll75]
[roll76]
[roll77]
[roll78]
[roll79]

Mishkov
2014-08-22, 08:24 AM
The dragon is resilient throughout. She resists her mind also being wiped, but struggles against the onslaught of attacks from the lich and Floki flanking under her. The chamber groans once again and turns violently, the ball continues to drop around, passing through everyone harmlessly though the collection of bone and bodies is unsettling flying through the air.

Ferris charges and strikes deep within her body, but the beast was ready, one head spins around from behind and bites deeply into his legs. Another grabs onto his torso. Pulling him away, the two heads separate, leaving a trail of ethereal entrails floating in the air as the two heads swallow the two halves of the stonechild. The middle head raises in the air and whispers a spell. The dragon's wounds begin to close as the spell nurses her back to health, her eyes once again regain their vigor that was stolen and she puffs back once again as she did before the last force breath.

So that was a bit of DM fiat to eat Ferris without the rolls, but that's what happens when players drop!
She used a wish spell which restored most of the HP loss and most of the negative levels--that was in the campagin manual :smallbiggrin:

HP loss 78
She resisted the current negative level drain.

BelGareth
2014-09-02, 12:10 PM
Floki, seeing the lock on the other side, decides he needs a distraction to this whole....melee thing, changing things up was what he did.

And so, with a flourish, and a repartee, he fluttered and flitted, flew, and fluted around and through the dragons area, edging closer to the lock, so he could open the damned thing and move on, past this brutish annoyance.

"Toodaloo!" he squealed as he moved past.

He tumbles through the air at half speed to avoid aoo's, auto succeeding with his bonus of +63 (initial 5 ft is DC 15, with every sequential 5ft +2 DC, he can travel 125 ft (if he had the speed to do double movement with tumble) without provoking.

currently, his speed is 180, so at half speed for tumble, that is 90 ft movement.

If he cannot get there, then he can't reach it this turn.

If so, he pulls out his picks on the move and attempts a move action open lock check adding +20 to the DC (ouch)

[roll0]

Mishkov
2014-09-03, 09:48 AM
Floki tumbles through the dragon with expert finesse. The lock holds steady though with more time the expert thief could surely have overcome the contraption.

The door you came through swings open once more and then immediately slams as a small halfling on a drakkensteed comes through. The chamber shifts once again groaning under its own weight. The ball once again passes through Ricter, his ethereal state shields him as well.

Ethanial Underbough has been sent as well to aid the rest of the party. He is not ethereal, and I'm not sure how he'd react to the rules of the chamber, so I didn't speculate. The drakkensteed can fly, but it requires a move action to hover and stablize yourself if you don't have perfect maneuverability here.

The movements of Floki and the appearance of a halfling outrider is strange unexpected enough, but as soon as Floki's face shows that he has failed the door, the door swings open. You see the lich who guarded the portal and in your mind echoed his words "My phylactery is not here with me, I shall not be destroyed so easily..." The lich must have stored his phylactery on the inside and been resurrected in the hourglass itself. The lich shouts "Die dragon, your buffs be gone" as he casts a spell which pulses out into the chamber. The chamber shakes and the rotation grinds to a slow, you find that most of you are no longer ethereal, and gravity once again effects you...

Dispel check for the last 5 spells cast upon you which effects everyone. 57, 62, 59, 48, 52.

The lich looks surprised at your very presence and the dragon, no longer ethereal, roars in response, "Using an epic dispel? You fool, you could unmake this place"

Map (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AtsMiJ3T2sitdG5ieWlfRUhWNU5nUVNySTJFYWVMc 2c&usp=drive_web#gid=0) Dragon is 60 feet off the ground.

Chambers
2014-09-04, 07:16 PM
Ethaniel

"Hooves down." Ethaniel says to his drakkensteed. "Our foe lies ahead, not above." He nods towards the dragon and then sets his gaze on the lich across the chamber. "Eventually you'll run out of bodies!" Ethaniel shouts and spurs his steed forward. A floating shield hovers next to him as he couches his lance with both hands, the drakkensteed thundering across the floor. Instead of shuddering to a stop the dragon-kin simply lifts into the air with a beat of it's powerful wings as Ethaniel thrusts the lance towards where the lich's heart used to be.

Charge to G,H/26,27. Power Attack for full.

Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Ethaniel (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=994212)
AC 23
HP 445/445
F/R/W 43/40/39

Svata
2014-09-05, 12:36 AM
"Great dragon, I know you care little for me and my associates, But this newcomer wishes to kill us both. For the time being, let us work togther to destroy him, as otherwise it would be detrimental to both of us, and, as the saying as old as time itself goes, 'the enemy of mine enemy is my friend'."

Rushed diplomacy check as a full-round action, -10 penalty included in roll. [roll0] EDIT: that should have been 1d20+22. So a 30.

J-H
2014-09-08, 07:34 AM
Ricter
"Huersefful, your master's plan will fail, and life will win out!"

Ricter suddenly is elsewhere in the room, his hand raised and pointing at the Lich as he pauses.

Move action: Refocus psionically
Swift: Hustle, 3pp
Second move action: Dimension door to M36, so I can see the Lich and whatever's behind him.
Standard action: Ready a (auto-Quickened) Twinned Crystal Shard to attack whenever the Lich starts to cast a spell or attack someone.
31pp
Attack 1 Damage 1 [roll1]
Attack 2 [roll2] Damage 2 [roll3]
Crits [roll4] [27d6
This expends psionic focus.
Heal 5hp from psychoactive skin.

Mishkov
2014-09-08, 10:28 PM
Ethaniel charges the lich with the full fury of the drakkensteed behind him. The lich responds by creating a powerful barrier of wings to halt the advance, deflecting much of the damage. In return he reaches out to touch the halfling, imposing his will to banish him to a place afar. Ricter's blast destroys his plans and the lich hops quietly beside the psion in return. The chamber door slides shut behind the lich.

One head of the dragon leans down towards the cleric, powerful air pushing from its nostrils. She states plainly, "For now, we work together. Then you leave, return to the chamber from whence you came. None shall pass through. None, so Erivatius commands it." At the same time another head bellows at the lich, "I killed you once, many of your ilk now live within the ball of mush bouncing upon this chamber." As she exclaims the last words, all three heads whip around and another blast of force rush towards the lich.

The chamber begins to groan again, and you feel that magic may be returning to this place. However, the ball bounces, regardless of the hostile activity within the chamber walls.

1 lich 2 Ricter 3 Floki 4 Ethaniel 5 Jalor [roll0]
Attack [roll1] vs target, [roll2] vs all other targets within 10 feet. [roll3] DC30 fort save for medium creatures or become stuck to it.

BelGareth
2014-09-12, 11:01 AM
Floki deftly avoids the sphere'o'bodies, managing to avoid its strange allure, shunting the thoughts of mortality out of his mind he bounced and zipped his way over to he liche, opposite Ricter, hoping to use his companions position to penetrate the liches immunity.

Move tumble to opposite Ricter for flank.

swift to recover maneuvers

standard attack liche with flank

[roll0]
[roll1] + [roll2] (half if immune)

All maneuvers recovered (yay)
3 fast healing

also forgot my constant blur (20%), not sure if that is being negated completely or I just forgot it.

Chambers
2014-09-14, 10:38 AM
Ethaniel

The drakensteed rears up at the burst of wings and snorts. "You'll run out of spells eventually, lich. I can do this all day." He shouts as he turns his mount and charges at the lich again.

Charge to N,O/34,35. Power Attack for full.

Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

AC 23
HP 445/445
F/R/W 43/40/39

J-H
2014-09-18, 09:54 PM
Ricter
The psicrown on Ricter's head glows briefly before he vanishes, appearing in the doorway.

He addresses the dragon briefly. "We have fought this lich before. He and his master seek to destroy all life on the Prime Material plane. We MUST pass to stop them. If you are trying to prevent this complex from being activated as a weapon, it's too late to do it by preventing intruders."

Manifesting Psionic Dimension Door from the psicrown as a move action (13 pp from psicrown)
Diplomacy [roll0]
Manifesting Timeless Body (17pp)
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/timelessBody.htm
Heal 5hp from psychoactive skin of the troll

Svata
2014-09-23, 04:24 PM
Jalor, stripped of hs buffs, attempts to return the favor to the lich.

Greater Dispel [roll0]

Mishkov
2014-09-24, 09:04 PM
As Ethaniel charges, the lich reaches out with a surprisingly long arm to attempt to imprison him once more and whispers "Be imprisoned, fool" but Ethaniel shakes off the spell and delivers the blow. Floki leaps in and successfully flanks and dishes out more hurt to the lich as Ricter zips away and Jalor attempts to remove more of the lich's defenses.

Eyeing the damage, the dragon flies towards the trio and roars with forcefire and breathes once again into the group, disregarding the safety of the others. "Die lich, neither you nor the others may pass." His blast extinguishes the last remnants of undeath from the lich though the undead sorcerer had one last contingency left and he explodes in a cackle of laughter "I'll be back again...sooner than you'd like"

The dragon sniffs in disregard and eyes the rest of you, a head moving towards each of the three angles that you were posed at. "Begone back the way you came or suffer the same fate," she states plainly.

[roll0] damage to Drakkensteed, Floki, & Ethaniel, unavoidable from Death Throes
Dragon breath damage from the three heads:
Breath 1: [roll1] DC 42 ref for half
Breath 2: [roll2] DC 42 ref for half
Breath 3: [roll3] DC 42 ref for half

1 Ricter 2 Floki 3 Ethaniel 4 Jalor [roll4]
Attack [roll5] vs target, [roll6]vs all other targets within 10 feet. [roll7] DC30 fort save for medium creatures or become stuck to it.

J-H
2014-09-25, 10:04 PM
A whitish-blue glow flashes from Ricter's eyes, and is briefly echoed in a momentary aura around everyone else in the room except the dragon and the ball of bodies. Instantly, they are elsewhere, on the floor of the next room and out of the dragon's line of sight.

Ricter staggers for just a moment at the outflow of power, shuts his eyes to center himself, and then glances at the doors and altars.

Reality Revision, -5000xp and -17pp.
Move action to regain psionic focus.
Heal 5hp from psychoactive skin of the troll.

He has always-on Detect Psionics and a Psicraft & K:Psionics modifier of +79. I'll assume that passes the required spellcraft check and possibly the relevant magical knowledge checks.
If not-
K:religion of 21, Planes of 30, and arcana of 25. Knowledge d20s as appropriate: [roll0], [roll1], [roll2]

Svata
2014-09-28, 04:03 AM
After meditation on the meaing of travel, and of thirst, Jalor raises his fallen companions using his newly refreshed spells.

Mishkov
2014-10-01, 09:04 AM
You notice no inhabitants in the chamber. The shadowy chamber has the now-familiar tetrahedral shape, but is only one-third the size of previous chambers and is mostly empty. Crackling portals are centered in two walls and four stone pedestals are visible through the gloom.

The portals appear to be short range transport portals. The chamber appears to be a meditation and ritualistic competition chamber perhaps for an audience of some sort. They remind you of the pedestals previously you saw in the first chamber. There are not a lot of other distinctive markings or interesting items in this chamber. The walls seem to be a thinner version of wall of force on the interior which likely interact similarly to your standard wall of force.

There's really not a lot interesting in the chamber. Would you like to introduce yourselves to the new party member or are you ready to move on? I'll dm pc Floki into saying hello at least.

Floki bows slightly to the newcomer. "Welcome, you don't seem to be aligned with the dragon or that lich from earlier! Sorry about the getting obliterated piece, but good to have you."

Chambers
2014-10-01, 09:19 PM
Ethaniel

"My thanks for the restoring me to life piece." Ethaniel says with a short smile. He takes a moment to look around at the portals and then shakes his head. "I knew others were ahead of us in here, though I knew not who. I would take time now for proper introductions and a feast...but time is one thing we do not have." The halfling says and takes off a mailed glove, extending his hand to those who would shake.

"I am Ethaniel, of the Underboughs. This is Syraxian." He says and pats the drakkensteed beneath him with his other hand. "Where do we go from here?"

Svata
2014-10-02, 11:02 AM
"I'm Jalor. The one who brought you back. Before you ask, yes, I'm undead, no, I'm not on their side. I trust my returning you to life is proof enough of that."

J-H
2014-10-02, 03:41 PM
After examining the room and determining its safety, Ricter meditates while the others rest. It seems like only a few moments before he stands and stretches, feeling refreshed and ready.

He adds his greeting to the recently revived: "I'm glad you were able to follow our little trail of carnage in here. Some of those we fought should have been guardians, but must have been turned. I believe we are close to the end."

Is there anything differentiating the portals? Markings, color, aura, anything?

Healed and back up to full PP. :)

Ricter may manifest a Contingency power at this time - will discuss OOC

Mishkov
2014-10-05, 12:55 AM
After introductions were finished, you inspected the portals. Between an unknown path forward that needs to be explored and a known back to a terrifying three-headed dragon who just killed members of the group, the choice was clear, move forward. Going through the portal you see something unexpected. Flayed against the wall are the remains of what look to be monks and daggers are on the floor similar to the ones you found earlier after the cloaked men had died.

In the center of the room, stand two humanoids who appear to be vampires. In the middle a strange creature with two arms and six "arms" which seem to function as legs. Instead of a head, there appears to be a tail poking towards you examining you as if it were a head. One of the vampires speak, "Oh, Jalor, did you reconsider our offer? And brought slaves with you to help? I don't believe we've met, Baucojin. My consort, Ivirere." He gestures to the other vampire. "It appears this was some sort of waiting or audience chamber back in the day. We've dispatched with the followers, and placed the artifact. We just have to wait and even that damned dragon will eventually age out. I suppose the tablet is placed, we've already won." He smiles slyly. He is dressed in robes and his reputation as a spellcaster precedes him. Ivirere is lightly armored with two rapiers on her side.

After Baucojin mentioned the artifact, you notice a tablet in the center of a tall statue. It is embedded into the stone and almost completely seamless.

I'm just going to move this along. You know these are members of the Union of Eclipse, Baucojin is the one who found the timevoid. He's engaged you in conversation. You are welcome to reply or attack, but if you opt to say nothing and attack, roll init first.

Svata
2014-10-08, 03:43 AM
Jalor approaches the stone and looks at the tablet, trying to discern its purpose and what it made of. "With what options I had, it would be hard not to reconsider."

Mishkov
2014-10-08, 07:05 PM
Baucojin moves to the strange creature and strokes it gently as one would a pet. "Yes, I'm impressed you managed to convince your thralls to come with you, but you likely have them enchanted, yes? Perhaps they would be interested in eternal undeath?" Baucojin eyes them somewhat with a somewhat thirsty look on his face, baring his teeth slightly.

"Anyway, you are welcome, there's just the matter of bypassing the dragon or waiting for the hourglass to accelerate for the damn thing to age out. I've been sending Hurstelt to it every time he resurrects to wear it down, but the creatures eventually die as do all things..."

You look around the room for clues. Surprisingly, there is very little you missed at your initial glance. The tablet seems to move ever so subtly in its inscriptions, possibly counting down or channeling energy. It is clearly extremely magical and the aura power is overwhelming for those of you who have arcane sight. There is no clear way to remove it nor is it clear the consequences of such actions.

Chambers
2014-10-08, 09:21 PM
Ethaniel

Ethaniel keeps his head down so they cannot see his face as Jalor talks to them. He grinds his teeth and tightens his grip on his lance while the vampires talk. This is the one who found this cursed place then.

Ethaneil looks up and stretches his neck. "Not thralls, never to creatures like you!" He shouts and spurs his steed forward, the lance already lowered and pointing at Baucojin as he charges across the room.

Initiative [roll0]

Actions: Charge (can be done even if it's a surprise round, as a partial charge). Power Attack for full, activate Unstoppable Charge.

Attack [roll1]
Damage [roll2]

Holy (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/magicWeapons.htm#holy): +2 to the Attack, extra [roll3] damage.

Sheet. (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=994212)

Mishkov
2014-10-10, 10:16 PM
Baucojin steps aside expertly avoiding Ethaniel's charge. "Your thralls seem jumpy today, no matter..." he says as he bears his teeth.

map (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AtsMiJ3T2sitdG5ieWlfRUhWNU5nUVNySTJFYWVMc 2c&usp=drive_web#gid=0) The empty chamber is the one with portals you were in.
Anyone who can beat a [roll0] init can act in a surprise round.

Mishkov
2014-10-11, 04:42 PM
Ivirere springs into action with blinding speed. She carries herself royally, and she still beautiful to behold though her athletic delicacy radiates with a horrible depravity. Activating her winged boots spring springs over the creature and strikes out with a single rapier at Ethaniel, attempting to take out the one who had struck at her maker.

Full attack
To hit: [roll0] for 1d6+14 +1 con damage
To hit: [roll1] for 1d6+14 +1 con damage
To hit: [roll2] for 1d6+14 +1 con damage
To hit: [roll3] for 1d6+14 +1 con damage Crit, natural 20
To hit: [roll4] for 1d6+14 +1 con damage Crit

She crits on 15-20, confirm rolls:
To hit: [roll5] for 1d6+14 +1 con damage
To hit: [roll6] for 1d6+14 +1 con damage
To hit: [roll7] for 1d6+14 +1 con damage

She is clearly a vampire again and you would know vampire weaknesses and strengths. You'd not know if she were turned or not.

The creature charges at Svata, rushing past Ethaniel to smash into Jalor. It strikes at him with its tail which is also its head. Everything about the creature is bizarre. The way it moves confuses and bewilders you all and it begins to howl, from where you do not know, but visions rush through your head making you fight with the confusion of the situation.

Ethaniel gets an AoO on the creature
EVERYONE makes a DC 35 will vs confusion
Attack vs Jalor [roll8] for [roll9] damage, and [roll10] wisdom damage DC47 fort negates

It's an outsider DC36 K. planes will ID it.

Floki responds by attacking appearing behind the creature and unleashing a flurry of attacks. Some seem to hurt the creature but wounds seem to close almost as fast as they open.

Baucojin leaps back and casts a powerful spell. Translucent bars spring up around Floki and he finds himself stuck within a forcecage, unable to assault any of the others.

J-H
2014-10-11, 10:20 PM
Ricter
Ricter cannot afford to waste a thought on words or "should-haves," as the battle is joined. Trusting in his massive power reserve to protect him from retaliation, he silently unleashes a magical assault upon Baucojin while also attempting to interfere with enemy plans.

Swift action:
Manifesting (auto-quickened) Time Hop on the statue that the artifact is attached to.
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/timeHop.htm
Time Hop has a 300# base capacity for an object; Each +2pp spent gives an (apparently cumulative) doubling of the weight capacity. Either you can tell me how much it needs to augment at (8pp extra gives a 4800# weight capacity - not sure how big the statue is) or I'll just manifest it at a 12pp augmentation (19,200#). PP spent - 17? Confirm in OOC please.
In any case, the statue doesn't get a will save since it's not a person. It is gone for 31 rounds of combat time. The artifact just lost its conduit and its holder, and is now unsupported in mid-air.
Standard Action
Twinned Ego Whip on Baujicon.
Base cost 3, twin cost 4, augment 24
Cha damage [roll0] Will save DC 26 for half
Cha damage [roll1] Will save DC 26 for half
Since I'm expending psionic focus anyway, I'll use the Greater Power Penetration metapsionic on this also.
Spell Pen [roll2] (ML 31 + 8 from GPP + 4 from third eye)
Spell Pen [roll3]

Move Action
Regain Psionic Focus

It only takes a DC 15 concentration check to suppress visual/audio/olfactory displays when manifesting powers - auto-pass and you can bet he's keeping them from happening.

A strange miasma surrounds the vampire spellcaster, leaving him seem...smaller, somehow. The statue in the middle of the room vanishes in a shimmer of silver energy, leaving the tablet in mid-air.

Svata
2014-10-12, 04:24 AM
Jalor casts Mass Heal, targeting Ethaniel and the two vampires, auto-passing his check to cast defensively and healing/dealing 250 damage. DC 34 will save negates.

Will save- Vs. confusion- only fail on nat 1[roll0]

Chambers
2014-10-12, 11:31 AM
Ethaniel

The vampires rapier pierces through Ethaniels armor like it was paper. Bleeding from half a dozen wounds he slumps in his saddle, barely holding onto his lance when he's revived by Jalors conjuration. The paladin looks at his undead ally for a moment and dips his lance towards Jalor, then sets it in place as he attacks the vampire spawn next to him.

Full Attack on Ivirere. Power Attack for Full. Shocktrooper to transfer the Attack Penalty to Armor Class, and Momentum swing from Combat Brute to increase the damage bonus to 1:3 for PA.

Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]
Holy Damage [roll2]

Attack [roll3]
Damage [roll4]
Holy Damage [roll5]

Attack [roll6]
Damage [roll7]
Holy Damage [roll8]

Attack [roll9]
Damage [roll10]
Holy Damage [roll11]

Ethaniel
HP 445/445
AC 48 (currently 23)
F/R/W 43/40/39

Mishkov
2014-10-12, 03:41 PM
Ricter's spell creates an odd dynamic in the room. The tablet remains obstinately unmoved by by the removal of the stone around it leaving it eerily hovering in the air. The magic that seemed to flow out of it continues to flow. The power do seem to drain Baucojin, and you notice the vampire squint and scan the area around searching for its origin. Enrage by the attempt at Jalor, he exclaims, "If you will not join us, then return to dust..." Four powerful rays spring from his hands towards the lich.

Disintegrate
[roll0] vs touch for [roll1] damage or [roll2] damage if you save DC30 fort
[roll3] vs touch for [roll4] damage or [roll5] damage if you save DC30 fort
[roll6] vs touch for [roll7] damage or [roll8] damage if you save DC30 fort
[roll9] vs touch for [roll10] damage or [roll11] damage if you save DC30 fort

The combination of the mass heal from Jalor, and one powerful strike from Ethaniel hits home and Ivirere drops unconscious with a gaping wound to her head. She hangs in the air suspended by the winged boots. The Uvuuadaum continues to assault Jalor.

Attack vs Jalor [roll12] for [roll13]damage, and [roll14] wisdom damage DC47 fort negates

Baucojin 13 CHA damage
Ivirere 338 damage--turns out whoever wrote this module didn't realize that 175 hp is NOT enough for this level of campaign to take more than a melee strike

J-H
2014-10-12, 09:48 PM
Ricter

Sensing the vampire leader's diminished power, Ricter redoubles his assault, hoping to end the battle swiftly.

Swift Action
(auto-quickened) Twinned Ego Whip with Power Penetration (expends psionic focus) 31pp
Cha damage [roll0] DC25 half
Cha damage [roll1] DC25 half
Spell pen [roll2]
Spell pen [roll3]
Move action
Regain psionic focus
Standard action
Twinned Ego Whip with Power Penetration (expends psionic focus) 31pp
Cha damage [roll4] DC25 half
Cha damage [roll5] DC25 half
Spell pen [roll6]
Spell pen [roll7]

Svata
2014-10-13, 03:52 AM
Jalor decides to cast Time Stop, so as to buff up.

[roll0] In those rounds, he casts Greater Blink, Divine Power, Greater Visage of the Deity (good-aligned), Righteous Might, and Greater Magic Weapon.

Chambers
2014-10-14, 07:04 PM
Ethaniel

"Your spawn has fallen." He says to Baucojin as he shakes the blood from his lance. "Now it's your doom." He wheels his drakkensteed about and it's powerful wings beat hard as it flies across the room, Ethaniel steady in his saddle, lance tip pointed towards the vampires dead heart.

Charge, full Power Attack.

Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]
Holy Damage [roll2]

BelGareth
2014-10-15, 01:27 PM
After attempting to stab the big bad evil man with his sword (oh the word play he could have used), he was sourly disappointed when Bacoujin dismissively caged him in with a spell, like he was nothing more than a nuisance, a nuisance, yes, but nothing more?

Preposterous.

He looked around quickly as the others valiantly assaulted the wicked witch, this was his chance, with his attention turned to the others, he pulled his pantaloons up and revealed his shoes, and with a nod, a wink, and a clack of his heels he whispered "There's no place like home, there's no place like home!"

Uses a charge from his boots to teleport adjacent to the Boucojin.

Mishkov
2014-10-17, 08:23 AM
Between the spells of Ricter rendering him impotent, and the charge from the outrider, and now the assassin broke free of his cage, Baucojin knows he is defeated. The vampire just glares at you, looks longingly at his mate one last time and removes a rod from within his robes. With a quick smash into the ground, he vanishes from the timevoid.

He has an item that replicates a Wish spell that he used to leave the hourglass.

Whether it was something about Floki leaving the cage or a buff that changed his mind, something attracts the Uvuuadaum, and he leaves the lich. He charges, a windy strange yet powerful charge aimed at the rogue.

[roll0] for [roll1] damage, and [roll2] wisdom damage DC47 fort negates.

Argh, everything about this encounter I've played wrong :smallfurious:

J-H
2014-10-17, 06:55 PM
Ricter
"Burn it or freeze it!" The psion calls out to his companions.

Svata
2014-10-18, 06:36 PM
Jalor zips over, having activated his belt of battle for an extra move actioj, then full-attacks the uvuuadaum.

Power attacking for 5.
(format is attack roll, damage)
(spear)
[roll0] [roll1]
[roll2] [roll3]
[roll4] [roll5]
[roll6] [roll7]

(claws)
[roll8] [roll9] [roll10] [roll11] (CON drain)
[roll12] [roll13] [roll14] [roll15] (CON drain)

Chambers
2014-10-19, 07:03 PM
Ethaniel

"What is that thing?" Ethaniel asks Jalor comes over to attack the strange beast. Too close to charge the monstrosity Ethaniel lays into it with his lance a few times, hoping to draw blood.

Full Attack (-5 PA), then move 5ft back. This time using Combat Brute appropriately.

Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]
Holy Damage [roll2]

Attack [roll3]
Damage [roll4]
Holy Damage [roll5]

Attack [roll6]
Damage [roll7]
Holy Damage [roll8]

Attack [roll9]
Damage [roll10]
Holy Damage [roll11]

Svata
2014-10-20, 01:23 AM
"Its an Uvuudaum. A powerful outsider who can only be fully damaged by the most powerful of holy weapons."

J-H
2014-10-20, 01:43 PM
Ricter
After shouting his warning, Ricter braces himself against the backlash as he destroys some of the creature's life force.

(auto-quicken) vigor, 6pp (30 temp hp)
standard action, level drain epic power [roll0] negative levels DC33 for half
Spell penetration [roll1]
Move action, regain psionic focus from last round.

BelGareth
2014-10-21, 10:31 PM
"An uva doom?" Floki asks outloud? "Sounds terrible, dooooooom!"

He says mockingly as he stabs out with his shortsword, trying to find any kind of whole this thing can call a vital organ.

Time stands still with wraithstrike attack on the flank with some one

Full attack 1
[roll0]
[roll1] and [roll2]

[roll3]
[roll4] and [roll5]

[roll6]
[roll7] and [roll8]

[roll9]
[roll10] and [roll11]

Second full attack
[roll12]
[roll13] and [roll14]

[roll15]
[roll16] and [roll17]

[roll18]
[roll19] and [roll20]

[roll21]
[roll22] and [roll23]

Mishkov
2014-10-23, 10:40 PM
15 negative levels
...holy hell I started adding this up, but Floki murdered that thing plus the other damage

The assault from Ethaniel clearly wounds the beast, but more importantly it distracts him and allows Floki to maneuver into position. Flippantly, he eviscerates the abomination.

The room remains still and allows you to examine its surroundings. A door is now clear leading further into the hourglass. There are also markings on the wall under the tablet. The tablet continues to pulse and parts within it still continue to spin.

Beneath you lie the corpses of the female vampire and the abomination...

Knowledge religion or arcana checks for the markings on the wall
You can interrogate Ivirere beyond the grave if you have the means to do so. This would occur to your characters but sometimes not to players.

J-H
2014-10-24, 06:58 AM
Ricter
"Check the bodies - the Lich's phylactery has to be somewhere in here."

Ricter examines the writings on the wall and tablet.

K: Arcana [roll0]
K: Religion [roll1]
K: Psionics (transparency) [roll2]

Mishkov
2014-10-24, 09:57 AM
You notice this space briefly served as Erivatius’ audience chamber, and was tailored to his portfolio. Carvings in the wall below the tablet indicate that there are hands which are stone and have no special properties. Close examination reveals minute runes covering the hands, and the runes as an endless listing of beings killed by the followers of Erivatius.

The tablet is obviously some sort of artifact. You figure that an epic dispelling spell or possibly even a disjunction might remove it from the wall. In the back of your mind is the suspicion that a god would have more than a 1 step process to disarm his master plan...

BelGareth
2014-10-24, 10:56 AM
Floki frowns disapprovingly as the abomination slumps to the floor.

"Bad sport, bad sport good chap." he says as he cleans his blade, putting it back into his scabbard with care. He gingerly kicks the body, and looks around, "Well that was rude, that madman of a fellow just poof vanished without a by your leave!" smiling he nods to Ricter and moves around the room, searching the bodies and the room meticulously.

Searches the bodies and then the room
[roll0] body 1
[roll1] body 2
[roll2] room

also, Floki will continuously activate his boots of haste, so he will always be affected by haste from here on out.

Mishkov
2014-10-24, 02:15 PM
Floki zips around the room with unmatched speed. He locates a few old texts, much dust, and a phylactery of unknown origins. On the corpse of the vampire, he locates a several magical items and a locket with a drawn picture of someone you do not recognize, perhaps someone from her human life.

+5 adamantine wounding speed rapier
bracers of armor +7
amulet of natural armor +5
dusty rose ioun stone
gloves of Dexterity +6
headband of intellect +6
ring of protection +5
winged boots

Svata
2014-10-26, 06:03 AM
Jalor takes the phylactery, using a Wish from his Ring of Three Wishes to atttempt to determine of it is the other lich's, and, if so, what protections it has on it.

Sort of like Analyze Dweomer, but also to determine if it is the lich's soul-storing phylactery, which I can't imagine making it more than an 8th level spell, as Analyze Dweomer is just a 6th itself. Unless you think Analyze Dweomer would suffice on its own, in which case it just repliactes that spell.

Mishkov
2014-10-26, 09:14 AM
Jalor, with his knowledge of all things undead and aided by magic, determines the phylactery is indeed that of the lich that has been returning to plague you throughout this journey.

J-H
2014-10-26, 10:20 AM
Ricter
"He may regenerate quickly here with the passage of time. Quick, throw the phylactery into the five-headed dragon's room! That will solve the problem for us and make the dragon happy."

Ricter attempts to isolate the artifact by creating a spherical Wall of Ectoplasm around it.

-7pp

Mishkov
2014-10-26, 05:14 PM
The wall sticks though does little to stem the flow of magical power from the object. Its magic seems to permeate and spread through any substance.

Chambers
2014-10-26, 06:32 PM
Ethaniel

"A fine idea for now." He says and scoops up the locket by it's chain with the tip of his lance. Flying back towards the door they came from he makes sure no one objects before tossing the cursed thing into the dragons lair.

If someone objects he'll refrain from throwing it.

Mishkov
2014-10-26, 10:24 PM
A roar of force breath alerts you that the dragon is likely still hostile. She looks into the room with one gigantic eye while her other two heads destroy the phylactery of the lich. "You'll be back my way soon enough...and you will not pass."

J-H
2014-10-26, 10:39 PM
From within the room, Ricter calls back "Do you just kill everything you see, or is there some reason you want to kill us even though we're just here to save thousands of thousands of mortal lives?"

Mishkov
2014-10-28, 06:08 PM
A blast of force is returned letting you know the dragon is still irritated yet you hear shattering sounds and a wailing noise indicating the dragon may have destroyed the phylactery. "Mortal lives are of no concern to me. My god had commanded me to let none pass, so I shall do."

BelGareth
2014-10-29, 06:15 PM
Before the Dragon replies, Floki pops by and says "Actually, its more technically along the lines of trillions, billions would be a good number, but if technicalities are being bought into this equation, maybe a more accurate statement would be an infinite amount of lives, as all future offspring of all races would be snuffed out as well, and those are countless beyond imagination." he says casually "But thats beside the point, Mrs three headed over here is being obstinate."

He walks over to the tablet and narrows his eyes, looking at it quizzically then a thought popped into his head. With a finger raised he turned to Ricter.

"Now that I have this nice shiny adamantine poker, maybe it would do some damage to the tablet? What do you think Brains?"

Floki has pocketed all the gear that was not claimed into his belt pouches, just for now. (I'm not thieving it, just letting everyone know he has it)

J-H
2014-10-29, 09:03 PM
Ricter
"I don't think we have anything that can handle this, short of proper Reality Revisions or Wishing, and those are risky. We should see what's on the other side of that door."

Before passing through the door, Ricter will re-enable his invisibility(etc+) power, and then tag the group with Mass Etherealness.

BelGareth
2014-10-30, 11:12 AM
Floki looks sad for a moment but then cheers up at the idea of moving through more un-explored areas of the strange hourglass.

"Well, lets get going" he turns to Ethaniel "Why don't you and your little pony hang back from me a little ways, that way you can pounce on anything that creeps up on me, just try to keep an eye on me!"

BelGareth
2014-10-30, 11:14 AM
[roll0]
[roll1]
forgot these.

Mishkov
2014-11-01, 10:08 PM
After fiddling with the device, and finding no clear way to remove it, the party moves on further into the hourglass. You pass through another portal into the all too familiar tetrahedron formation.

Most of the volume of this tetrahedron is occupied by a large building, damaged where it touches the tetrahedron’s skin. The imposing architecture almost certainly indicates this is the temple of a fell god, and its massive steel doors stand closed and undamaged.

As the Monastery Tetrahedron houses the greatest monastery of Erivatius, this tetrahedron houses his greatest temple. Only a few servants and infernal guardians remain here, as all available forces were sent to stand with Voursuol against Baucojin in the Nexus Tetrahedron. The worshipers of Erivatius who remain within once embraced Erivatius’ decision to sacrifice himself to ruin the Material Plane, but over the ages their isolation and constantly increasing fanaticism has warped this devotion. Today, the surviving faithful of Erivatius believe that the divine war destroyed everything but the Quicksilver Hourglass, and their support of Erivatius’ suicide has been replaced by an intense desire to preserve him forever.

The arrival of Baucojin and his minions has shaken their faith to the core, for they had, up to this point, believed that everything else had been destroyed. Many of their number fell to the vampire and his minions in their attempt to defend the tablet of sacrifice and the Hall of Inertia. Now, the remaining few monks and their cleric leader desperately try to come up with a plan to destroy Baucojin, and return their world to the way it was. They seemed to be meeting and debating over the next course of action as you arrive. The cleric shouts an order to repel the invaders and the monks are poised to attack.

You won the initiative. These encounters have...escalated and will be more difficult.

Floki is unseen.

J-H
2014-11-02, 09:05 PM
Ricter
The inside of the tetrahedron resembles a brief, violent storm; A gigantic bolt of purple magical energy arcs from the invisible Ricter's position with a loud crack as it connects with the cleric and forks out to hit the devils flanking him. Flanking it are two tunnels of visibly fast-moving air which explode into a wide but short-lived tornado of deafeningly loud winds that engulfs half the room.

Still invisible, Ricter glides backward in his ethereal state to avoid possible retaliation.

Note to other party members: You want to go after the tornado, not before/in it.

Swift action: Auto-quickened Concussion blast. Since it's a force effect, it does not matter that Ricter and his allies are on the ethereal plane.
Base cost: 3; cost to affect 2 additional targets: 4; cost to increase by 12 additional dice of damage: 24 - total, 31pp
Force damage to HF cleric [roll0] Spell pen [roll1]
Force damage to devil [roll2] Spell pen [roll3]
Force damage to devil [roll4] Spell pen [roll5]

Standard-action: Twinned Transdimensional Tornado blast
Base cost: 17; Twin cost 4, augment for damage 8 = total 29pp. Transdimensional power carries no PP cost, but I can only apply 2 metapsionic feats to a power. PR does not apply.
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/tornadoBlast.htm

Ranged touch 1 on cleric: [roll6] damage [roll7]
Ranged touch 2 on cleric: [roll8] damage [roll9]
AOE damage 1 to entire enemy party (40' radius) [roll10] Reflex DC 36 half
AOE damage 2 to entire enemy party (40' radius) [roll11] Reflex DC 36 half

Move action: move (20' speed from being ethereal) to S5

Psionic focus: Expended
60pp expended

BelGareth
2014-11-05, 01:23 PM
Waiting for the tornado blast to subside, Floki materializes next to two of the left monks with a grin and whips out with vicious attacks to both, all along while humming a little tune he made up on the spot, as if he was playing at a sport.

Swift: Shadow Blink to Q14

Time Stands still with ghost strike weapon to attack as normal while ethereal, extra attack from haste, should be Vs flat footed AC. Will target one, and then the other if one drops.

Round 1
[roll0]
[roll1] + [roll2]

[roll3]
[roll4] + [roll5]

[roll6]
[roll7] + [roll8] [Nat 1]

[roll9]
[roll10] + [roll11]

[roll12]
[roll13] + [roll14]

Round 2
[roll15]
[roll16] + [roll17]

[roll18]
[roll19] + [roll20]

[roll21]
[roll22] + [roll23]

[roll24]
[roll25] + [roll26]

[roll27]
[roll28] + [roll29]

And then go into Robilars gambit (max of 10 AOO's)

[roll30]
[roll31] + [roll32] [Nat 20]

[roll33]
[roll34] + [roll35]

[roll36]
[roll37] + [roll38]

[roll39]
[roll40] + [roll41]

[roll42]
[roll43] + [roll44]

[roll45]
[roll46] + [roll47] [Nat 19]

[roll48]
[roll49] + [roll50]

[roll51]
[roll52] + [roll53] [Nat 19]

[roll54]
[roll55] + [roll56]

[roll57]
[roll58] + [roll59]

BelGareth
2014-11-05, 01:28 PM
Possible Fumble
[roll0]

Possible Crits
[roll1]
[roll2]

[roll3]
[roll4]

[roll5]
[roll6]

Chambers
2014-11-08, 12:42 PM
Ethaniel

"Bide." Ethaniel says to his mount while the air inside the room seethes with violence. After the storm pass, Ethaneil nudges his mount forward. Flying over the monks and devils heads he leans down with his lance to impale the fiendish priest.

Charge the Half-Fiend. He'll use an Unstoppable Charge on the Priest (3/5 left for the day), full power attack/Shocktrooper. He should be 15ft off the ground, with reach he can target the priest.

Unstoppable Charge
Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]
Holy +2 Attack, [roll2] damage

Ethaniel
HP 445/445
AC 28 (53 -25 Shocktooper)
F/R/W 43/40/39

Mishkov
2014-11-16, 06:40 PM
Energy from the blast disperses into the room upon your arrival as Ricter's assault is unleashed upon them all. Shocked by your sudden arrival and the destructive blast accompanying you, they stumble to regain their composure. Floki appears next to two of the monks and subsequently eviscerates them, humming in a somewhat unsettling way as you have become accustomed to. The half fiend priest suddenly falls from Ethaniel's lance almost just as the word "Bide" resonates in the air.

Wow guys. You put down the hurt in that opening round. Monk 1 & 2 dead, half fiend cleric is dead

Monk 3 176
Monk 4 176
BD1 239
BD2 239

The forces of Erivatius finally spring to action and respond to the attacks. The charging brute that fell their leader clearly was a target though the energy damage has them looking out the side of their eyes for its source...

The four remaining troops collapse upon the outrider walking up through the air to strike at him. You notice the air in this chamber has become especially thick at the priest's death allowing for free motion through the air for all. They strike at Ethaniel with tooth, claw, and palm...

Both monks attempt a stunning fist attack
M3: [roll0] for [roll1] DC32 or stunned
M4: [roll2] for [roll3] DC32 or stunned

The demons five foot adjust into full attacks.

BD1: [roll4] for [roll5] damage DC33 injury poison for [roll6] dex damage
BD1: [roll7] for [roll8] damage DC33 injury poison for [roll9] dex damage

map (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CL92s7nWipbREVYugxOenBdsGyyXCoS-dIzFMUO9WYs/edit#gid=0)

J-H
2014-11-16, 10:58 PM
Ricter
Electricity follows the storm as lightning rips through the monks and devils.

Standard action: Twinned (Greater Power Pen) Energy missile (electric) (base 3, Twin 4, augment 24)
Damage [roll0] electric Reflex DC 49 half
Damage [roll1] electric Reflex DC 49 half
Spell pen [roll2] (ML31+4 item +2 power + 8 GPP)
Spell pen [roll3]

Quickened (auto quickened) Energy missile Energy missile (base 3, augment 28)
Damage [roll4] electric Reflex DC 45 half

Energy missile jumps to up to 5 targets in a 15' radius, so it hits every enemy left (Targeting M4, jumping to M3, BD1, BD2 (ie, every enemy left)

Psionic focus is expended
62pp expended

BelGareth
2014-11-18, 06:10 PM
Floki makes no effort to move against the remaining Devils, and merely flourishes his weapon, glaring at them as if to intimidate them to surrender, such is the wrath and power of Floki!

Chambers
2014-11-18, 06:40 PM
Ethaniel

Claw and fist strike upon Ethaniel but his armor and conviction blunt the worst of the blows. He can feel the devil's poison coursing through him and he recites a quick prayer that purges it from his body. "Fiends..." He says in disgust as he draws his lance back and stabs at the demons around him. "Do we want one alive?" He shouts over his shoulder.

Full Attack, using Momentum Swing from Combat Brute and Power Attack for -5. Attacks will be directed at BD1; if it dies and he's got remaining attacks they will target the other demon.

Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]
Holy Damage [roll2]

Attack [roll3]
Damage [roll4]
Holy Damage [roll5]

Attack [roll6]
Damage [roll7]
Holy Damage [roll8]

Attack [roll9]
Damage [roll10]
Holy Damage [roll11]

Ethaniel (sheet (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=994212))
HP 422/445 (forgot his damage reduction from the monk and demon attacks, this is the correct number.)

Svata
2014-11-19, 11:03 AM
Jalor takes a defensive stance, and a loud roar rips from his throat.

Casting Lion's Roar, doing [roll0] damage to and stunning all enemies for a round within 120' of Jalor (fort DC 37 negates stun, halves damage), and giving all allies +1 to hit and on saves vs fear and [roll1] temp hp for the next 27 minutes.

Mishkov
2014-11-19, 09:34 PM
A flurry of magic assaults the temple defenders. The lightning rips through and drops the monk, and Jalor's roar combined with the strikes from Ethaniel down one barbed devil. The other devil looks resolute though against odds that seem insurmountable.

With no discernible spell effect, some of you notice the cleric's wounds heal and she quickly staggers back to her feet releasing a spell. A darkness gathers in the room, burning at your skin, it deepens and the congeals, pushing you back in the air and towards the walls. The walls themselves seem to burn your skin as well.

[roll0] force damage DC 45 fort half
[roll1] acid damage DC 45 ref half

DC 45 ref vs knockback or [roll2] acid damage from the wall/impact. If you are knocked back, you are knocked back into the wall opposite the cleric even if it is very far.

All take damage whether they are visible or not.

The darkness recedes back, and the barbed demon and cleric seems to bask in the dark power. They have grown in size, and you worry the energy in this place may have stolen some of your energy...the spell may have taken a toll on the cleric however. She bleeds from her eyes and blood drips from her wrists and feet. In the strange air, her blood begins to float in all directions.

New damage counter :smallsmile:

BD2 0
HF 0

map (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CL92s7nWipbREVYugxOenBdsGyyXCoS-dIzFMUO9WYs/edit#gid=0)

Chambers
2014-11-23, 06:32 PM
Ethaniel

The halfling manages to hold onto the reins while the drakkensteed is knocked back across the chamber. It slams against the wall but snarls and leaps off it, wings beating hard as Ethaniel pushes it to charge back at the fiend.

The mount failed it's knockback save, so Ethaneil moved with it. On his action he'll charge the cleric, ending at square Q18. His mount is badly hurt.

Shocktrooper for full.

Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]
Holy Damage [roll2]

HP 229/445

Drakkentseed
HP 53/230

BelGareth
2014-11-24, 01:31 AM
Floki is slammed back into the wall by the forceful spell, but manages to do it in such a way as to avoid the acid that splashed all over the place, annoyed that his outfit was at jeopardy, he vanished from sight, appearing behind the Barbed demon, apparently ignoring the damnable barbs even though before he had received them on an unhappy note, opposite his new halfling pal, he layed into the thing with a reckless abandon.

Using Shadow Blink to W20 for the flank

Then Time stands still (I need to find a different attack routine....)

Round 1
[roll0]
[roll1] + [roll2]

[roll3] [Nat 20]
[roll4] + [roll5]

[roll6] [Nat 20]
[roll7] + [roll8]

[roll9] [Nat 20]
[roll10] + [roll11]

[roll12]
[roll13] + [roll14]

Round 2
[roll15]
[roll16] + [roll17]

[roll18]
[roll19] + [roll20]

[roll21]
[roll22] + [roll23]

[roll24] [Nat 20]
[roll25] + [roll26]

[roll27]
[roll28] + [roll29]

BelGareth
2014-11-24, 01:35 AM
[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

[roll4]
[roll5]

[roll6]
[roll7]

Svata
2014-11-24, 05:37 AM
Ok, I need 20s to make any of these saves, but do I even need to make the fort save because of being undead? [roll0][roll1]

J-H
2014-11-24, 10:56 PM
Ricter
A translucent substance briefly flashes into being, coating the remaining Devil. It falls to the ground, with an evil grin on its face that is ruined by the drool dribbling out of one corner of its mouth.

Standard action:
Manifesting Microcosm augmented to affect up to 240hp. No save.
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/microcosm.htm
Power penetration [roll0]
31pp expended

Move action: Regain psionic focus.

I have a swift (quickened) type action left but will only use it if we are facing something other than a drooling wreck.

Mishkov
2014-11-30, 06:46 PM
Recovering from the mighty push back, Ethaniel rushes back with such force as never seen before in these halls. For a second time, he slays the high priest of Erivatius in a single blow. The force of the charge cracks the floor below. Floki manages to slide through the magical forces and moves to eviscerate the demon. The demon stands after the assault and Floki begins to bleed with the barbs from the demon's skin. However, Ricter's spell leaves the demon standing dumbfounded and quickly the others collapse upon it and slay it.

The carnage from the room leaves the bodies scalded, bloodied and mangled throughout. It is odd to think of this as a holy room still.

There are many books and tablets throughout the chamber. In searching through the holy texts, the languages are unclear, but you see drawings of the high priest handling what appears to be the tablet with the bindings...

Loot
Bindings of Erivatius, +5 heavy fortification full plate armor, +5 heavy steel shield, +3 axiomatic unholy heavy mace, belt of giant Strength +6, helmet of Wisdom +6, cloak of Charisma +6, ring of protection +5

DC40 religion/history or spell to identify items

Bindings of Erivatius

Erivatius wore these loose bindings upon his forearms, but when he volunteered for his imprisonment in the Quicksilver Hourglass, he gave them to his high priestess. He hoped secretly that after his sacrifice, he would emerge from death even more powerful than before, using these Bindings and his high priest as a focus for his return from death.

Each binding is a strip of rune-covered cloth. The left is known as the Binding of Inertia, and is cloth of a sickly shade of yellow, shot through with verdigris. The right is the Binding of Decay, made of dead whitish-gray rune-covered cloth. When worn, the bindings give the wearer two slam attacks, each of which inflicts 2d6 damage on a hit. The Binding of Decay acts as an amulet of mighty fists +5. Damage done by the wearer’s unarmed and natural attacks is considered lawful and evil for the purposes of overcoming damage reduction. In addition, it allows the wearer to afflict anyone he strikes with his natural weapons or unarmed strikes with mummy rot if the victim fails a DC 20 Fortitude save.

The Binding of Inertia provides the wearer with damage reduction 10/adamantine and bludgeoning, immunity to critical hits and sneak attacks, and immunity to cold. Wearing both bindings conveys immunity to magical aging. The bindings hold fast (DC 40 Strength or Escape Artist to remove) to any living wearer and immediately imbue their powers, regardless of the alignment of the wearer. Any non-evil wearer immediately gains two negative energy levels while any non-lawful wearer immediately gains four negative levels (these negative levels stack for nonevil and nonlawful wearers) as long as the bindings are worn.

Mishkov
2014-12-06, 12:16 PM
I'm just going to move this forward because this'll take a lot of time and I think the outcome should be basically the same.

After finding the bindings, the party discusses what to do. Examining the art on the wall and briefly rummaging through the tomes in the chamber, you decide to go back to attempt to determine how to remove the tablet from its holding spot. Flippant as always, Floki darts up and removes the tablet from the wall. The bindings simply slide through the stone of the wall and it is easy to remove the tablet. The tablet is cool to the touch of Floki who wears the bindings of the forgotten god, but steam rises from it, and it burns anyone who tries to touch it.

The tablet continues to resonant and vibrates softly suggesting that it continues to work. Deciding to consult the tomes in the other room, you find that there may be a two step process where one involves removing the tablet, but the other involves removing the fuel or energy from the ritual itself.

DC 50 religion/arcane or spellcraft
You find it likely based on your knowledge of the spell involved, that it the energy they talk about is divine. The tablet may need to be placed somewhere else to stop the flow of energy. The deity may still reside within these halls and be fueling the spell with his own life force. Perhaps by persuading him to stop the spell or by slaying him, the hourglass could be averted.

In the next chamber you enter, A colossal sculpture fills this chamber, an eight-armed woman with exaggerated, cruel features carved from ebon stone, her face leering down at the entrance while two hands cup a stone tablet in front of her. While the stone walls of the chamber have crumbled where they meet the tetrahedron’s surface, the sculpture is neatly crouched within the space’s confines. Her massive head tilts examining you hear a low rumble from the creature. Those of you who speak abyssal recognize the rumblings as "Unknown....intruders." She moves towards you, smashing the walls as she moves...

You won the init against the construct. You can heal beforehand, but remember any sort of fast healing will have healed you to full. You would have had time to cast one buff before the chamber.
Map (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CL92s7nWipbREVYugxOenBdsGyyXCoS-dIzFMUO9WYs/edit#gid=0)

J-H
2014-12-07, 04:00 PM
Ricter

Four thin green lines cross the room, intersecting with the construct.

Bad fort save, meet lots of damage dice.

Swift action: Quickened Twinned disintegrate
Base 11 + 4 Twin + 4 Quicken + 10 augment for 20 extra dice per ray; total pp expended 29
Ray 1 ranged touch [roll0]
Ray 1 damage [roll1] fort save DC29 to sustain only [roll2] damage
Power pen [roll3]
Ray 2 ranged touch [roll4]
Ray 2 damage [roll5] fort save DC29 to sustain only [roll6] damage
Power pen [roll7]

Standard action: Twinned disintegrate with power penetration
Base 11 + 4 Twin + 16 augment for 32 extra dice per ray; total pp expended 31
Ray 3 ranged touch [roll8]
Ray 3 damage [roll9] fort save DC29 to sustain only [roll10] damage
Power pen [roll11]
Ray 4 ranged touch [roll12]
Ray 4 damage [roll13] fort save DC29 to sustain only [roll14] damage
Power pen [roll15]

Psionic focus is expended
Total pp expended: 60

BelGareth
2014-12-08, 01:04 AM
Floki grabs the and wraps, putting them on with a smile, which is half a grimace by the time he is finished wrapping them around his hands, they did not like his 'spirit', but being a person knowledgeable about items like this, he managed to trick the item in thinking he was something he was not, but still, he didn't feel all to well, and he hoped he didn't need to hold onto the damnable tablet for too long.

See the construct, he smiles, ah, yes, the indomitable constructs, the bane of his kind, just the thing the wand in his weapon was for!

"If someone could help me flank this poor ole chap, I would be extremely glad, what what."

And with that, he bounds over to the thing, having caught it by surprise, and places his sword point, ever so carefully into its hide.

NOTE: if it isn't flat footed, ignore the sneak attack, and subtract 12 from my attack
Move to R30 (hoping it really is flat footed so I don't provoke)
Swift action to activate Wand of Golemstrike in my weapons wand chamber.
Standard action to initiate Five-Shadow Creeping Ice Enervation Strike (which specifically works on non-humanoids)

[roll0]
[roll1] + [roll2]

And the following for [roll3] rounds, with a DC 24 fort save to negate the affect.
[roll4]
Result of 1–7: [roll5] + Speed is reduced to 0 feet.

Result of 8–14: [roll6] + –6 penalty on attack rolls and Concentration checks.

Result of 15–20: The Dex damage, the Str damage AND [roll7]

Chambers
2014-12-13, 03:19 PM
Ethaniel

"Dear goddess, that's enormous." Ethaniel says as he mount skitters back at the sight of it. "C'mon now, forward!" Thumping his heels against the drakkensteed the beast hurls itself through the air at the statue's head, Ethaniels lance pointed towards one giant eye.

Charge the statue's head, Shocktrooper for full.

Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

HP 445/445

Drakkentseed
HP 230/230

Svata
2014-12-14, 02:10 AM
A curse spits from Jalor's lips, fallijg upon the construct, sapping its strength.

Greater Bestow Curse, atempting reduce Strength to 1. It works if it fails a DC 34 Will save.

Mishkov
2014-12-14, 02:08 PM
The party unleashes a brutal assault upon the statue. The outrider and Floki assault the construct with their weapons, breaking chunks of stone to the ground. From Ricter's rays, a chunk of the construct splits off into dust which fills the chamber with a hazy effect. It seems to resist Jalor's curse however.

Ricter:
Disintegrate save 1: fail 136 damage
Save 2 pass 20 damage
Save 3 pass 11 damage
Save 4 pass 22 damage

Total: 189

Floki:
Hit, damage 138 (has DR)
3 Dex damage, 2 STR damage (no con score)

Running total: 327, 3 dex, 2 STR

Ethaniel:
Hit, 223 damage (DR)

Running total: 550, 3 dex, 2 STR damage

Jalor:
Save!! (Had it not saved, the encounter would have been over though--good spell choice)

Running total: 550, 3 dex, 2 STR damage

You now notice the construct holds another tablet in one of its arms. The tablet shines and radiates in a way that the other tablet Floki removed from the chamber, yet this one is 10 feet tall and 7 feet wide. The construct uses the tablet as a bludgeon, slamming the little ones with pure force of stone.

Now for the bull**** fun part of the encounter

Construct attacks in this order: Ethaniel, Floki, Drakeensteed.

Ethaniel: [roll0] vs AC for [roll1] damage plus DC 50 fort save or petrification if hit
Floki: [roll2] vs AC for [roll3] damage plus DC 50 fort save or petrification if hit
Ethaniel (if still flesh), if not --> Floki (if still flesh), if not --> Drakensteed [roll4] vs AC for [roll5] damage plus DC 50 fort save or petrification if hit
Ethaniel (if still flesh), if not --> Floki (if still flesh), if not --> Drakensteed [roll6] vs AC for [roll7] damage plus DC 50 fort save or petrification if hit

For each person petrified, their entombment seems to help construct the giant further and blackstone oozes back to where it previously had been damaged.

Heals 75 HP per person petrified.

Svata
2014-12-19, 03:34 AM
Jalor willmove in, then expend a charge from his belt to get th move qction back, and full-attack.

Power attack for 5.
[roll0] [roll1]
[roll2] [roll3]
[roll4] [roll5]
[roll6] [roll7]
[roll8] [roll9][roll10]
[roll11] [roll12][roll13]

J-H
2014-12-20, 08:44 AM
Ricter
Seeing the potency of the construct's weapon, Ricter targets it, as well as creating two more rays of destruction.

Auto-quickened Time Hop targeted on the Tablet of Petrification. DC26. Augmented to 2400# weight, 11pp expended.

Magic items should always get a saving throw against spells that might deal damage to them— even against attacks from which a nonmagical item would normally get no chance to save. Magic items use the same saving throw bonus for all saves, no matter what the type (Fortitude, Reflex, or Will). A magic item’s saving throw bonus equals 2 + one-half its caster level (round down). The only exceptions to this are intelligent magic items, which make Will saves based on their own Wisdom scores.
None of the Artifacts listed on the SRD have a caster level over 20. The minimum caster level for epic spells is only CL 21, so the tablet is unlikely to have a save bonus greater than 2+11.

Move action: Regain psionic focus.
Standard Action: Twinned Disintegrate with Greater Power Penetration. 31pp (11 base + 4 twin + 16 augment)
Ranged touch attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1] Fort save DC 29 to sustain only [roll2] damage
power pen [roll3]
Ranged touch attack [roll4]
Damage [roll5] Fort save DC 29 to sustain only [roll6] damage
power pen [roll7]

Total 42 pp expended, psionic focus expended. Still undetectable.

Chambers
2014-12-20, 08:58 AM
Ethaniel

Battered by the massive tablet, Ethaniel wavers in the saddle but grips tight with his legs. "Floki!" He shouts as the trickster is turned into stone. Turning back towards the colossus he strikes out with his lance, trying to gouge a hole in it's eye.

Full Attack, using Momentum Swing from Combat Brute and Power Attack for -5.

Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Attack [roll2]
Damage [roll3]

Attack [roll4]
Damage [roll5]

Attack [roll6]
Damage [roll7]

185/445

Mishkov
2014-12-20, 11:02 PM
The strikes from the lich cause more stone to chip away and more rays from Ricter's attack burst more of the statue into a cloud of dust. Seeing an opening as the construct leans towards the ground, Ethaniel lands two blows to the head which split the construct's top down the middle. No longer able to stand, it collapses, spraying shards of dust and pebbles in all directions.

[roll0] DC 25 ref for half...encounter is over though, so unless this is lethal, it doesn't matter!

The only statue left standing in the chamber now is...Floki. Coughing dust and shifting the gravel aside, you discuss how the tablet did not seem to react much to Ricter's spell. You notice how the tablet is very similar to the one that Floki possesses, a larger version in fact.

Moving forward, you believe you have found the final chamber of the hourglass. Opening the two massive doors, you see a nexus of arcane energies flowing through and around a giant aged figure, one can only assume it must be Erivatius, the long forgotten god. His lifeforce is slowly being drained in this chamber, fueling the hourglasses's attempt to destroy all of mankind.

http://www.yunshan.info/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/Erivatius_finish.jpg

Try as you might, you can find no way to harm, touch, or interact with Erivatius. The deity seems to be consumed by the spell and the magics have put up a barrier that you cannot void. There are two holes in the wall, one small, one large. The tablets you have found may be the only things that can allow you to pass, but with it, the deity will be loosed, and you are all uncertain how he will react...

Mishkov
2014-12-23, 08:43 AM
The party buffing up in the presence of the deity and preparing for battle. You position yourselves and place the tablets, seeing no real alternative.

Map (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CL92s7nWipbREVYugxOenBdsGyyXCoS-dIzFMUO9WYs/edit#gid=0)
Again--2 buffs or as many as you can get through with 15.2 days in a minute
Place yourselves, this may lead to a fight.

The god flickers and parts of its flesh which were transluscent eventually begin to fill in. He makes a low moaning noise and moves his neck as if stretching. "Thank you..." he says in a low raspy voice "for freeing me from my prison...what do you wish in return?"

Svata
2014-12-23, 05:03 PM
You're thanking us? But hadn't you put yourself there to fuel this thing destroying all non-immortal life in the planes? I don't quite understand, if not you, then who?

J-H
2014-12-24, 11:26 AM
Ricter

"We came here not realizing that you were imprisoned, but hoping to stop this place from destroying all life. Ceasing the ongoing gathering of energy for that, and making this place safe, so that no one can ever try such a thing again, would be most welcome."

Nexus of Intellectual Might cast.
1 round of buffs:
Standard action: Schism 7pp
Swift action: Temporal Acceleration augmented to 31pp (5 rounds of apparent time)
Vigor (augmented to 31pp) for 155 extra HP
Inertial Armor (augmented to 31pp) for 19 extra AC that applies against touch effects
Dispelling Buffer http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/dispellingBuffer.htm 11pp
Energy Conversion (30 energy resistance, can store & channel it away as damage rays) 13pp
Psionic Mind Blank 15pp

Total PP expended 139

Psionic focus is charged, but Ricter is Shaken next round.

Mishkov
2015-01-02, 04:11 PM
"It was long ago. I was part of a pantheon called the Vysiliriuos. This was our plan in relatiation, but I was betrayed!." The ancient god roars as the chamber fills with dust at his movements. "Yes, please, if you remove these tablets, the energy will disperse, and I will be freed. They will no longer drain me of my powers."

I rolled sense motives for you. Floki and Ricter are sure he's full of ****, but the rest of you are not! Ricter is also sure via spellcraft that ritual may not be as he says.

Floki has the initiative, then the deity, then everyone else.

Svata
2015-01-03, 05:56 PM
Quick K. Religion to see if what he saidis accurate. [roll0]

Mishkov
2015-01-03, 11:12 PM
As Jalor understands it, he agreed to be imprisoned within the timevoid as an insurance policy in case their plan fell through. You also know part of his profile is death and aging, so it would be consistent with his profile to want something like this to occur.

Chambers
2015-01-04, 10:54 AM
Ethaniel

"We wish to stop this madness from continuing. If we free you, would you not try again some time?" Ethaniel asks, unsure how to kill a god.

J-H
2015-01-04, 12:59 PM
Ricter

Ricter manifests Reality Revision before speaking. The intent of this Reality Revision is to make it more likely that Erivatius will agree to my suggestion by phrasing it in the most diplomatic manner possible, via a one-time +50 to my Diplomacy skill for a single roll.

It's not one of the listed options, but I think it's fairly reasonable. If there's backlash or unintended consequences, so be it. This is Wish by another name.

Diplomacy [roll0]

"A great and wise being such as yourself no doubt understands the trepidation with which we approach dealing with a powerful god such as yourself.

We ask a simple boon: That you would swear, in this place of power and without guile, to unmake the magics that allow this temple to drain and channel your power, such that none can ever again use it to destroy life on any plane, and to allow us to leave unharmed once you have done so.

With this done, we will all be able to leave; you can return to your deific throne of old. It will be a victory for you, to have seen the gods who opposed you aged, decayed, dead, and forgotten, while you yet rule you demesne and gather worshipers again."

Apparently, Ricter's alignment was previously blank. Since he's willing to make a deal to let an Evil god go free in order to achieve his goals and ensure his own safety, I've put his alignment down as Lawful Neutral. True, it's mostly because the balance of power is unfavorable, but it's still not a Good act.

Svata
2015-01-04, 01:43 PM
Jalor quickly adds a term that Ricter forgot, saying, "Additionally, as a part of aforementioned agreement, you will not build, have built, aid in building, or give the idea or means of building another facility, object, demiplane, or device with the same or greater capabilities that this one has."

Also LN, and just covering our bases. What good is undoing this one if he just makes another?

Also, Jalor will Aid Another on that diplomacy check. -10 for rushing it already applied. [roll0]

Mishkov
2015-01-04, 02:14 PM
The old god leans in closely to Ethaniel, dust following his arched back and head. "I most certainly would not try again. Would you willingly siphon off your own life force for a cause no longer just?" The room flickers and a name appears in a script unknown to you, imagines of a halfling leading a war party abound. As Erivatius talks yet again, the halfling moves towards a frost giant wielding a giant axe. "Was this not your ancestor, Halvilithal? Four generations back, negotiating with the frost giant Rithard? Was he not unable to strike a deal with a more powerful being and met his end?" Images flash before you all of the two parties becoming more agitated until Ethaniel's ancestor attacks and is cleaved in two by the giant's axe. You all see the encounter unfold, but Ethaniel feels it. Blood seeping into his mouth as the visions of Halvilithal show his death.

This is accurate, he knows all your ancestors and all their deaths.

"Oh yes..." the god turns to Ricter and Jalor "I would honor that. I swear in this place of power that if you remove these tablets, I will initiate a ritual that will destroy the hourglass such that another could never be made again. That is the only way that this should end! You may want to leave for it will destroy all beings within." He raises his head, as if scanning the timevoid for any followers of his that may be alive who have not been slain.

Spellcraft 40 + INT or WIS check of 24
It's very likely that if he decides to reactivate it (destroy all things on the planes by aging), the artifact at the end will be destroyed therefore completing his bargain.

J-H
2015-01-04, 03:23 PM
Ricter
"Will you also swear that you will prevent this Hourglass from harming anyone not contained inside it as part of that ritual?"

Mishkov
2015-01-04, 03:46 PM
"I GROW IMPATIENT" the ancient god growls, the chamber once again shaking. "If I had wanted to harm you, you know I would have by now. I am giving you a chance not to be squashed like a bug by a deity. Why are you acting so impudent?"

J-H
2015-01-04, 06:52 PM
Ricter
"I apologize, great Eriavatus. I simply wish you to confirm as part of your oath that none outside of the hourglass will be killed or harmed as a result of the ritual that you will use to destroy it."

Mishkov
2015-01-05, 10:28 PM
"No one who would not have died will die as a result of the ritual that destroys the device." The ancient god replies after a pregnant silence filled the room.

Chambers
2015-01-05, 10:43 PM
Ethaniel

"Are you...threatening me?" Ethaniels says and laughs in the gods face. "I came here with no illusions. Death is all but certain, and if I failed, the world would end as well." He gathers the blood in his mouth and spits it out. "Halvilithal was felled by the giants axe, it's true. He fell in noble battle against a vile foe...but you forgot the rest of the story where the giant stumbled and fell, unable to walk with his tendons cut from dozens of daggers. My kin always pay their debts."

"Now pay yours!" He shouts at the god. "I've had enough of your half-truths. Floki, cut out his tongue so he can speak no more lies."

J-H
2015-01-05, 10:45 PM
Ricter

Am I still running off of the same Diplomacy check?
"I am disappointed, great one, to note the lack of temporal prepositions in your statement. Everyone dies eventually, and the condition you just set forth would allow the completion of the ritual of death across the planes that we came here to stop."

Mishkov
2015-01-06, 07:01 PM
Floki

Floki's attention had waned since the dialogue began. His ears perked up with an order to attack, and he unleashed a flurry of slashes to the god's unsuspecting flank. Whistling as the blood fell to the floor, he exclaims, "It does bleed!"

Erivatius

"So be it..." a dark mist suddenly raises from the chamber, you choke and gasp for air and your eyes burn from the thick fog. Unsure for a moment if you have been blinded or if a deeper darkness has ascended in the chamber.

DC23 will save vs Death, save = 2 negative levels. This will occur each round. Only for living creatures.
There is a deeper darkness effect in the chamber. Spellcraft check of 29 reveals that this was not a deeper darkness effect but some sort of divine effect.

Even though you may not immediately be able to see, you hear the god's palm's slam into Floki and the spring of Floki's steps to try to evade his blows.

Full attack flurry of blows vs Floki

[roll0] for [roll1] damage DC 22 fort vs stun for [roll2] rounds
[roll3] for [roll4] damage DC 22 fort vs stun for [roll5] rounds
[roll6] for [roll7] damage DC 22 fort vs stun for [roll8] rounds
[roll9] for [roll10] damage DC 22 fort vs stun for [roll11] rounds
[roll12] for [roll13] damage DC 22 fort vs stun for [roll14] rounds

J-H
2015-01-07, 10:07 AM
Ricter

Ricter has permanently active Darkvision

Ricter remains silent, keeping his doubts about the group's chances to himself as he draws a construct together out of the ether, and batters Eriavatus with a series of purple blasts of concussive force.

Quickened action: Auto-quickened summoning of an Astral Construct. Since it's quickened, the construct appears immediately, and acts this round on my turn. It will appear behind Eriavatus ("south" side of the map), and 10' away from him (it has 15' reach).
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/monsters/astralConstruct.htm
9th-level Astral construct. Menu C ability: Manifests concussion blast (ML7) once/rd as a free action. Two menu B abilities (in lieu of a C): Improved Grab, Muscle (+4 to STR).
pp expended: 17

Schism'd brain: Twinned concussion blast (max ML 23 - 4 pp for Twin, 19 for c-blast) with greater power pen
[roll0] force
power pen [roll1]
[roll2] force
power pen [roll3]
23pp expended

Move Action: Regain psionic focus

Standard Action:
Twinned concussion blast (max ML 29 - 4 pp for Twin, 25 for c-blast) with greater power pen
[roll4] force
power pen [roll5]
[roll6] force
power pen [roll7]
29pp expended

total pp expended: 69

Concussion blast [roll8] Force damage.
Slam 1 to-hit [roll9]
Slam 1 damage [roll10]
Slam 2 to-hit [roll11]
Slam 2 damage [roll12]
crits [roll13] [roll14]

If either Slam attack hits, the Astral Construct uses Improved Grab and initiates a grapple with Eriavatus. Its grapple modifier is +40.

Svata
2015-01-09, 04:20 PM
Jalor will cast Align Weapon, Mass (good) move in, then expend all three charges from his belt to full-attack the emaciated deity in a swirl of claws and adamantine.

Power Attack for 5
[roll0] [roll1]
[roll2] [roll3]
[roll4] [roll5]
[roll6] [roll7]
[roll8] [roll9] [roll10]
[roll11] [roll12] [roll13]

Chambers
2015-01-09, 08:30 PM
Ethaniel

"You think we didn't prepare for this?!" Ethaniel laughs at the gods attempt to drain their life energy. "Hack him down!" He cries out, spurring his drakkensteed to charge the god.

Charge, using Unstoppable Charge (3 left for the day). Power Attack/Shocktrooper for full.

Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]
Holy Damage [roll2]

Concealment (1-20 misses) [roll3]

Mishkov
2015-01-10, 09:29 PM
The construct seems not to harm the deity much, but the energy blasts from Ricter find their mark. The charge from Ethaniel also looses chunks of bone from the ancient deity. Erivatius deflects the blows from the lich with ease. Not a single attack passing one of his massive hands. Opening his hand, from a fist a mighty blast hits Jalor. Floki, though bloodied, weaves in and out, slashing at the god with all his might.

damage no save to Jalor, no SR/resistance, bypasses spell protections for the most part.

Jalor did not hit his AC with any attacks.

The chamber swirls and through the darkness you see writing on the walls. The god turns to Ethaniel, exclaiming "See your past, see your ancestors, all fallen as will you this day." Once again the chamber shows a scene, a troop of large ogres this time, their maces smashing into halflings as the men try to defend their homes. One in particular bears a resemblance to Ethaniel, perhaps an uncle? Though Ethaniel knows, the rest of you do not. The names flickering on the wall show his full lineage.

The ancient god unleashes a flurry of blows upon the outrider in response to his charge. The mists retract back into him, and seem to heal him as well.

Damage counter 678 --> ????

Damage to Ethaniel:
[roll]1d20+60) for damage DC 22 fort vs stun for [roll2] rounds
[roll]1d20+60) for damage DC 22 fort vs stun for [roll4] rounds
[roll]1d20+60) for damage DC 22 fort vs stun for [roll6] rounds
[roll]1d20+55) for damage DC 22 fort vs stun for [roll8] rounds
[roll]1d20+50) for [roll9] damage DC 22 fort vs stun for [roll10] rounds

Mishkov
2015-01-10, 09:35 PM
Re-rolls....

[roll6] for [roll7] damage DC 22 fort vs stun for [roll8] rounds
[roll9] for [roll10] damage DC 22 fort vs stun for [roll11] rounds
[roll12] for [roll13] damage DC 22 fort vs stun for [roll14] rounds

USE THESE ROLLS REGARDLESS OF THE OTHERS

Svata
2015-01-10, 10:00 PM
Jalor, unable to connect a single solid blow, will cat Heal on Ethaniel, then back up out of melee range (have a +26, so I auto-make the tumble check to avoid an AoO).

Heal wil undo the stun if he failed his save, and restore 150 HP to him.

J-H
2015-01-10, 11:38 PM
Ricter

Ricter flings a small stream of crystals at Eriavatus, almost casually, as he looks at Ethaniel. "He's attacking you because he holds no power over Jalor and I, since neither of us age!" Ricter breathes heavily, and a small trickle of blood runs out of his nose as an aura of Power surrounds both him and Ethaniel for a moment. "I will give of my power to you. Smite him, for us all!"

Astral construct attacks. Grapples if it hits.
Concussion blast [roll0] Force damage, power pen [roll1]
Slam 1 to-hit [roll2]
Slam 1 damage [roll3]
Slam 2 to-hit [roll4]
Slam 2 damage [roll5]
crits (1d20)[8] (2d6)[2]

(Auto)Quickened action: Crystal Shard augmented to 10pp
Ranged Touch [roll6]
Damage [roll7]
Crits [roll8] [roll9]

Move Action: Regain psionic focus

Standard Action
Reality Revision to duplicate a fully augmented self-only low-level power on Ethaniel:
Offensive Precognition, augmented up to Ricter's ML (I assume I can't go higher). Ricter is currently ML29, and the augment is 1 + 1/3, so Ethaniel gets a +10 insight bonus on all attacks for 1 minute per CL (ie, the rest of the combat)
Cost: 17pp, 5,000 xp

Schism'd Action
Reality Revision to duplicate two 2nd-level powers at once, effective on Ethaniel:
1) Psionic Lion's Charge, on Ethaniel, which will be effective on his turn
2) Dimension Swap Ethaniel and the Astral Construct, which is located three squares away from Eriavatus. S31 should be in the middle of the construct's space, so let's put him there.

Cost: 17pp, 5,000 xp

Total expenditure: 44pp, 10,000xp
Evil Deity shis-ka-bobs on a platter: 1

Chambers
2015-01-12, 11:06 PM
Ethaniel

"My thanks." He says to Jalor as Ricter's energies materialize him and his steed a few paces away from the mad god. Taking a moment to catch his breath before charging again, Ethaniel glances at scroll of names on the wall. He catches sight of one and smiles. "Heh, Burberry. Everyone said you'd be forgotten...guess they were wrong." Taking up his lance again he narrows his eyes at the god and spurs his steed forward once more.

Shocktrooper Charge Pounce, using Unstoppable Charge (2 remaining).

Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]
Holy Damage [roll2]
Miss Chance [roll3]

Attack [roll4]
Damage [roll5]
Holy Damage [roll6]
Miss Chance [roll7]

Attack [roll8]
Damage [roll9]
Holy Damage [roll10]
Miss Chance [roll11]

Attack [roll12]
Damage [roll13]
Holy Damage [roll14]
Miss Chance [roll15]

1-20 Misses on all the Miss Chances.

HP 403/445

Mishkov
2015-01-14, 09:44 PM
Fueled by the power of others, Ethaniel rips chunks out of the ancient god's flesh. Dust again fills the chamber making it hard to see. Erivatius groans in pain, the visions of the long dead and his constant mockery seems to have subsided replaced by a new found focus. Names fill the chamber as the mist once again retreats seeming to heal him somewhat.

"You...are a powerful foe. But even powerful ones grow old, fade, die....look upon the names of your ancestors. Now all dust, as you shall be." He strikes back at Ethaniel with a flurry of blows and once again.

[roll0] damage no save to Jalor, no SR/resistance, bypasses spell protections for the most part.

[roll1] for [roll2] damage DC 22 fort vs stun for [roll3] rounds
[roll4] for [roll5] damage DC 22 fort vs stun for [roll6] rounds
[roll7] for [roll8] damage DC 22 fort vs stun for [roll9] rounds
[roll10] for [roll11] damage DC 22 fort vs stun for [roll12] rounds
[roll13] for [roll14] damage DC 22 fort vs stun for [roll15] rounds
[roll16] for [roll17] damage DC 22 fort vs stun for [roll18] rounds

Mishkov
2015-01-14, 09:45 PM
Two crits--for confirm

J-H
2015-01-15, 09:04 PM
Ricter
Reality reshapes itself once again at the Elan's bidding, albeit in a less dramatic fashion.

The Astral Construct appears where Ethaniel was, and reaches out to encompass Eriavatus in a rib-crushing ectoplasmic bear-hug.

Standard Action: Bend Reality, Dimension Swap Ethaniel with the astral construct, placing him in its "back" square so he's got charging distance again
Schism'd action: Bend Reality, give Ethaniel Psionic Lion's Charge
Swift/quickened action: None.

Total PP expended: 30
Total XP expended: 600

The Astral construct attacks Eriavatus from its new position, simply seeking to grapple with him. No AOO due to Improved Grab.
Melee touch attack 1: [roll0]
Melee touch attack 2: [roll1]
Opposed Grapple check 1 (as needed) [roll2]
Opposed Grapple check 2 (as needed) [roll3]

If the opposed grapple checks are successful,
Damage 1 [roll4] (unarmed strike damage)
Damage 2 [roll5]

Svata
2015-01-15, 09:17 PM
Jalor will cast Mass Heal, targetting only Ethaniel, healing him for 250 points. Then he will activate his Circlet of Rapid Casting, burning two charges to cast Inflict Serious Wounds on himself healing for [roll0] points, in addition to 2 more from his Fast Healing.

Chambers
2015-01-19, 10:58 AM
Ethaniel

"Indeed...all things must pass." Ethaniel says as he catches his breath. "Your time is at hand." He gives a shout and the dragonsteed flies ahead once more, his lance aimed true.

Shocktrooper Charge Pounce, using Unstoppable Charge (1 remaining).

Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]
Holy Damage [roll2]
Miss Chance [roll3]

Attack [roll4]
Damage [roll5]
Holy Damage [roll6]
Miss Chance [roll7]

Attack [roll8]
Damage [roll9]
Holy Damage [roll10]
Miss Chance [roll11]

Attack [roll12]
Damage [roll13]
Holy Damage [roll14]
Miss Chance [roll15]

1-20 Misses on all the Miss Chances.

HP 437/445

Mishkov
2015-01-21, 10:14 PM
With one last mighty charge, Ethaniel proves that the ancient god has no more power in this place. The deity twitches and then shudders and crumbles into dust. As Erivatius is destroyed, a strange being appears, standing twelve feet in height, human-like in appearance save for small horns jutting from its bald head, a tail ending in a mace-like ball, and a too-perfect symmetry. It speaks sonorously in Common: “By ad hoc trial of arms is the covenant forged among that deity known as Erivatius, that deity known as Vourzoun, and the One and the Prime hereby dissolved.” It dips its head in concentration and the stone hemisphere of the Prison Tetrahedron melts away, leaving the PCs standing in a tetrahedron 180 feet on a side, with walls of crackling energy, identical to the portals they have come to recognize.

One round later, another being appears, this one of an entirely different nature: a woman of possibly elven ancestry and typical height, but otherworldly beauty. Stars fall from her shimmering mantle, and her violet eyes are both playful and ancient. This is Morwel, the Queen of Stars, a powerful and unique eladrin. She speaks with a soothing energy. “Through excellence, sacrifice, and a pinch of luck, you have gifted opportunity to countless souls to strive and love and live. Sacrifice it was to you—shall I do no less?” As she closes her eyes, a weight lifts from the PCs, rejuvenation swells through them, and her aura seems to dim slightly. The first being to appear is a tertian modron, a hierarch of Mechanus, tasked with passing judgment on fulfillment of agreements made with his ultimate superior, Primus. Once Erivatius was killed and the tertian passed his judgment, the timevoid around the Quicksilver Hourglass dissolved and the Hourglass emerged into the Astral Plane, inert and harmless. Morwel was sufficiently moved by Ojhalia’s petition on the characters’ behalf to aid them. Her temporary sacrifice reverses all of the aging suffered by the characters in the Hourglass, but does not stop there: each character also receives the benefits of a greater restoration and +2 sacred bonus to an ability of their choice. The tertian doesn’t approve of her actions, stating flatly, “An unwarranted risk, considering the danger all now face.” Morwel opens her eyes, playful again. “By your calculus, yes! It puts me of a mind to take another!” A brilliant rapier appears in her hand and she feints an attack toward the modron, which actually seems to flinch slightly at the playful threat. It shakes its head and vanishes back to Mechanus, leaving Morwel to speak with the party.

Morwel says, “Your quest was great, your rewards to match, and though there can be no doubt but that accounts have been balanced, know you yet that the Court of Stars favors you!” With that she disappears, the walls of crackling energy fade, and the party find themselves back on the Material Plane.

That's a wrap folks :smallsmile:

Svata
2015-01-22, 02:50 AM
Jalor lets out a sigh of relief, shoulders relaxing, "Good, its done. So, anyone want to help me find my missing canopic jar?"