PDA

View Full Version : Spoilers not opening in Printable view

Cicciograna
2014-04-27, 04:53 AM
Pretty much what the title says: I was reading a thread in Printable view and noticed that Spoilers tags do not open.

It's not a browser issue (I'm using Firefox with a host of add-ons), because I tried with another browser (IE) and they still don't open.

ChristianSt
2014-04-27, 05:18 AM
Just to clarify: with Printable view you do mean the "Show Printable Version"-button under "Thread Tools", correct?

If so, they aren't usable for me, too. I also tried to turn on "Automatically Show All Spoilers" in my profile, but it hasn't changed anything in regards to the Printable Version. But the information is accessible through the page source, so yes I would think that is probably a bug.

EDIT: Nothing interesting here :smallfrown:

Cicciograna
2014-04-27, 05:21 AM
Just to clarify: with Printable view you do mean the "Show Printable Version"-button under "Thread Tools", correct?

That's correct.

We can also bar a thread-based issue, since your test spoiler in your reply doesn't open either.

Grey_Wolf_c
2014-04-27, 09:25 AM
I'm guessing that this is going to be working as intended. If Printable View strips the code to make it easier to print, then by definition, it will not have code laying around to open the spoilers.

GW

ChristianSt
2014-04-27, 09:48 AM
I'm guessing that this is going to be working as intended. If Printable View strips the code to make it easier to print, then by definition, it will not have code laying around to open the spoilers.

GW

I initially thought the same. But I still get the mouseover when hovering over the spoiler button indicating that it is open-able. (And I find it weird that the information is still in the HTML-source. Though I certainly can't say whether it works as intended.)

Because I can certainly see that it would certainly be useful to be able to view spoilers in the printable view, since some desired information might be behind spoilers. For example I know that the thread that is curated by yourself has basically zero information in the OPs that is not behind spoilers. :smallwink:

Rawhide
2014-04-27, 10:16 AM
It's working as the software intends, it's not working as we intend. I'll be looking into it.