PDA

View Full Version : Plot/Social focused premade adventures

Xerlith
2014-04-27, 05:10 AM
I'm looking for 3.5/PF modules that's focused on social interactions/thinking, while still giving the players chance to engage in combat.
This is meant for 1st level players, of which only one has any D&D experience.
Any suggestions are welcome, also if it's obtainable quickly, that's a bonus.

Falcon X
2014-04-27, 04:40 PM
I put together a series of adventures for level 0 and Level 1 characters who are all townspeople in a frozen wasteland type environment. Send me a personal message if you want me to lend you some material.

For general advice that I learned from putting together such a series:
- Think origin stories. If you have a wizard, have an adventure about how he learned his first spell. If you have a fighter, have a story about the first time he had to draw blood. If your character has ranks in Knowledge (nature), give them a story about how they had to seek information about a rare plant.
- Think local. The quickest way to get some good roleplaying in is to have characters in their hometown, with friends and family and context they have known for years. It is less of them setting out on an adventure, and more of them responding to threats to the things they love, or having something strange as they go about their normal, everyday tasks.
This can really draw in new players.
- Think small-scale. Go to the monster manual and find a single creature, or create a single mysterious person. Have the session for the day be focused around discovery about that one creature.
This helps new players learn that every monster has flavor and isn't just another beast with flavor.

Xerlith
2014-04-28, 11:06 AM
Thanks. At the moment though I am more focused on looking for out-of-the-box modules (Sunless Citadel would be nice, but it's combat-focused. As is Forgotten Forge), because I lack time to prepare and flesh out an adventure myself.