PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Classes for a Sharn

Necroticplague
2014-04-27, 07:41 AM
While looking for interesting races to be, I found one that seemed to have potential, but was so scattered I wasn't sure what to do with it: the sharn. Their natural casting and multiple actions would seem to indicate caster,but their large size, multiple arms, and bonus feats seem to indicate fighter-type. So what class(es) does the Playground think complement this race well? So far, I only have a few ideas of my own:

-mystic theurge. Ability to cast from both classes on each turn helps overcome one of the theurge's shortcomings, and they qualify without any base class.
-fighter dip. their bonus feats means a fighter dip to pick up improved multiweapon fighting lets them qualify for Multitasking, and then dash away,smiling with all three mouths, as they leave the smoking wreck that was the action economy behind.
-ranger (fangshield substitution). improved ability to fight using alot of weapons at once.

Graypairofsocks
2014-04-27, 08:50 AM
I would say go Mystic Theurge, and self buff.

I think the Sharn has an ability to cast 2 spells per round so caster would make sense.

I don't know how what the multitasking feat is for though, so I don't know how that would work.

paperarmor
2014-04-27, 02:11 PM
Try Black Flame Zealot here's (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?312773-Iron-Chef-Optimization-Challenge-in-the-Playground-LI/page9) an Iron chef entry using it and the Sharn Race scroll down to the Reclamator.

Necroticplague
2014-04-28, 05:00 AM
I would say go Mystic Theurge, and self buff.

I think the Sharn has an ability to cast 2 spells per round so caster would make sense.

I don't know how what the multitasking feat is for though, so I don't know how that would work.

Actually, they could cast 3 times.

Multitasking is a feat that allows each of pair of arms to excecute their own standard or move actions at once. Combined with the 9 arms and 3 standards, would give then several turns worth of actions to work with.

GreenSerpent
2014-04-28, 05:16 AM
Actually, they could cast 3 times.

Multitasking is a feat that allows each of pair of arms to excecute their own standard or move actions at once. Combined with the 9 arms and 3 standards, would give then several turns worth of actions to work with.

Jings, I didn't know about that feat.

Yeah, that's pretty insane on a Sharn. 3 standards plus Multitasking's 4... let alone if you can somehow get another arm via grafting...