PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Finding a good PrC for the Aegis

Moonshine Fox
2014-04-27, 05:20 PM
I'm about to start running in a pathfinder game and I've got myself set on playing an Aegis as it seems pretty cool with lots of little bells and whistles that I love. My problem is, I'm having a hard time finding a prestige class. Does anyone know of some good prestige classes (preferably psionic, though not mandatory) to take with it? Right now I'm kinda eyeballing the Pyrokineticist but I want to know if there are any other good options out there.

ghanjrho
2014-04-27, 05:37 PM
A three-level dip in Soulknife will set you up for Metaforge. Advances your suit customization and your mind blade. I like a Aegis1/Soulknife3/Aegis2/Metaforge10/Aegis4 pattern myself.

Keneth
2014-04-27, 11:24 PM
I have an important question: Why do you want a prestige class? Is there something you don't like about the class that you don't want to go the full course?

Trying desperately to find a prestige class seems like a very 3.5 way of thinking where base classes rarely yielded any significant benefits.

Otherwise, a lot of the prestige classes from Ultimate Psionics which give +1 manifester level work decently with Aegis since you gain customization points as well as power points.

Moonshine Fox
2014-04-28, 08:49 PM
I have an important question: Why do you want a prestige class? Is there something you don't like about the class that you don't want to go the full course?

Trying desperately to find a prestige class seems like a very 3.5 way of thinking where base classes rarely yielded any significant benefits.

Otherwise, a lot of the prestige classes from Ultimate Psionics which give +1 manifester level work decently with Aegis since you gain customization points as well as power points.

It's a bit of holdover from 3.5 yeah. While Pathfinder does have good stuff into later levels for the base classes I've just always love the feel of the focus and specialized special abilities that you can really only get in the prestige classes. I'll miss out on some stuff sure, but I gain other things in return.