PDA

View Full Version : Clan Rocket draws steel!

Feathersnow
2014-04-27, 08:58 PM
Lady Sakura sits on the throne of the ancient kings of Ecruteak, her own line and among the foremost ancestors of the Indigo emperors.
"My Clansmen and loyal retainers, we stand upon the precipice of change. My uncle is senile, weak, and corrupt. He would see a commoner on the holy throne of Indigo before a woman of the royal blood, the sworn follower of his own daughter, who he himself murdered! Yveltal take us if this is to be! I go now to pray at the holiest shrine of our patron, held by our eternal allies in House Blaine. I will return with the blessing of the Legends, and with my half-uncle, the only other member of the imperial line."

"While i am gone, I want you to grow your power, and be vigilant against ninja infiltrators from the duplicitous Lord Koga."

"Are there any words the council would offer me before I depart?"

banthesun
2014-04-28, 04:13 AM
Itoh Rei stood to the back of the crowd of retainers, her Murkrow Kai perched on her shoulder. She hadn't expected to be called in for a speech given the disdain she often received from House James nobles. Not that she was bothered by their treatment, she had no love of lengthy court sessions, and was glad for the chances to escape them. It was clear she had been called to this one because her mentor was to travel with Lady Giovanni while she was to be left guarding the home front with the others not important enough to go with.

This was the first time she'd heard Lady Giovanni speak, and what she heard heartened her. The Lady wasn't wasting time or softening her words. Clan Rocket was preparing for war, and Lady Giovanni wasn't going to shy away from what needed to be done. Rei had been worried that she'd have to serve under some weak new ruler for the honor of House James, but it was beggining to look like this could be interesting.

At the back of the crowd, Rei cracked a smile.

Boolprop
2014-04-28, 02:25 PM
Sakaki Kojirō sits in seiza position, next to his mentor, with Genji by his side, while listening to Lady Giovanni's speech. This is the first time Sakaki is in Lady Giovanni's presence, while other times Sakaki would usually see her from afar. Although Sakaki is listening to Lady Giovanni's speech, he makes mental notes as he looks around the room, seeing retainers, clansmen and several Pokemon, split evenly between the different household of Giovanni, Jesse and James. Sakaki spots a few members from House James that he have seen before, though there is a few Sakaki haven't interact with before.

Before Sakaki could fully analyze the rest of the members in the room, the council begins to speak up just as Lady Giovanni finishes her speech. With all eyes and ears on Lady Giovanni the councilmen, Sakaki listens intently.

Aneurin
2014-04-29, 04:32 PM
Kaminari

Standing quietly off to one side of the room, as befits one of her... unusual social status, Kaminari nods to herself as Lady Giovanni announces her plans. So, war it is. So be it.

She's wearing dark blue silk kimono with the Takenaka family crest displayed proudly on the breast, the kimono is fit for any samurai; gracefully and tastefully coloured, textured and styled with cherry blossoms. Out of respect for the occasion, she bears both blades of her daisho at her side. it would not do to appear before the Lady of Ecruteak in these times without it. The veil that accompanies the ensemble is somewhat less fitting, but goes a long way towards concealing the scars which would be less fitting still.

The little purrloin Koneko sits, demure and peaceful, washing her face at Kaminari's side.

"May the spirits guid you, Lady, and Mew grant that you find that which you seek," she says in an appropriately respectful tone of voice, hands clasped demurely in front of her, every inch the proper daughter of her adopted family. "You honour us with your trust, and we shall not disappoint. Travel well, brave lady, and return soon,"

Mistelin
2014-04-30, 07:11 PM
Vincent stands in the corner of the room,and observes all the people who have come to hear Lady Sakura. He observes the lack of courtesy from several individuals who decide to stand instead of sitting in the traditional seiza pose in the Lady's presence.In his observations he takes note of several young women in the back.He is unsure of there age because as he has discovered the appearance of people in this country is youthful than his own country.

Vincent didn't feel comfortable taking the seiza pose because he is constantly reminded that he is not of this land.in the year that he has lost his master he has grown and his dress style shows mixture of leather and cloth from his own homeland and clothes and silks from his new home.
on his back sits a rather large Honedge, that wraps its cloth like appendages around Vncent's waist.To those observing the Honedge and Vincent appear to be as one.

In response to the Lady's question..."I am not of this land, but you have provided me with shelter and for this I send with you hopes for a safe journey and godspeed..may the wind always be at your back." With this Vincent bows slighty and steps back to the wall.

Nyan
2014-05-02, 03:34 PM
Jin

Jin was seated with the other nobles and family members of the Giovanni family with the throne to his left as they were seated in a line with Jin being closet to the throne an the other nobles down the line to his right. He sat in a chair which would allow him to be seated in the traditional seiza position only that there was also something to support his back like a regular chair to make it more comfortable. In front of him he had a cup of steaming hot tea which he would proceed to take a sip from with a content sigh. Beside him stood his crimson red Larvitar or Azura as he had been named, wrapped in a bit of bandages as if they just came back from a training session. But even so he was well groomed and clean and was currently busy eating some small red gems, probably as a reward for his hard work. In front of Jin sat his father, beginning the other line of nobles with his stern and cold expression on his face like he usually had. In contrast to his father however Jin had that captivating smirk of his combined with his thin sharp eyes. His beautiful features and elegance giving him a rather large presence in the room as eyes were easily drawn to him. The kimono he wore was made out of the purest of silk with elegant and beautiful decorations in many different colors giving it an borderline feminine appearance. But even so it suited him well and with his well kept bright blonde, almost white hair flowing down he was quite handsome indeed. And looking at him one could clearly tell that there was nothing fake about the rumor of him being the desire of many women.

Looking around with his calculating and piercing gaze he would observe each and every retainer around while he would cool himself of with his decorative fan. Having been assigned to keep infiltrators from entering their ranks he had done a considerable amount of background checks on many if not all the members of this particular court. A few of these people more noteworthy than the others however as he would look towards the girl known to him as Itoh Rei of house James. Intelligent girl with an affinity for ghost type pokemon while not so much experience in the ways of the court and diplomatic matters. At least that is what he had heard. As well as the sad story about how the males of her family all died in combat a few years ago. Unfortunate indeed and it was understandable that house James decided to take her in due to her family's noble sacrifice. Her knowledge and skills however Jin thought could be put to good use if used correctly and she does seem to show promise as a pokemon trainer as well.

Then we had Sakaki Kojirġ of house James...Interesting fellow that one, Jin thought to himself as his observant gaze would meet Sakaki's eyes as he was also looking around. The boy from the slums of the Fuchsia prefecture who had the power to manipulate shadows of what he had heard. A rather strange ability as Jin could not really grasp what it could be useful for, not really having the time to study more deeply in the subject. But he could tell just by looking that he was a skilled fighter and he seemed to have brought up his pokemon well. The last thing he made note of was his rather strange choice of clothing, a bit inappropriate considering they were in a courtly setting but it was really nothing vital at this point. But another thing that was would be that fact that the Fuchsia was the prefecture that Koga had his base of operations. This made Jin quite suspicious of the man as it was not unheard of that there was children who were designated as spies and would be sent of the the enemy lands. Preferably put in the care of some high standing family of their enemies and thus the child would grow up amongst them and he could freely send information without being suspected what so ever. Jin would keep an eye on this one until he could make sure that his allegiance was true to clan Rocket.

His eyes would then gaze towards Kaminari. Her attire sure was pleasing to the eye, Jin being quite interested in fancy clothing as he spent more time that one could expect from a man buying more clothes and looking around for the finest materials. He was kind of a trendsetter and there were many who followed his lead in terms of fashion. Even ladies would follow his advice whenever he would suggest something, but some men and other lords scoffed about this behind his back as Jin was well aware. But he always had ways of having them quickly eat their words shortly after. But of what he had heard and dug up about Kaminari's past she was a member of a very small and poor samurai family. No names that would bring much attention. He had been a bit surprised tho when he found that she had been adopted by the Katsutaru family of house Jesse after the death of the rest of the family. A story much alike the girl Itoh Rei's. But that a higher standing family name would take in a female of such low birth was quite strange to Jin. But with later research on her upbringing and training finding out she was a member of their group of shinobi would heighten his interest for her considerably. But it was even more supprising since most higher standing families did not see all to well of having a shinobi in the family. And shinobi was not usualy the ones to have any family relations at all. Shinobi is very useful however in these times of turmoil and war and if was maybe one of Jin's favorite tools to apply. Besides they needed quite a few skilled people in order to counter the Koga shinobi through spreading false information and assassination jobs as well as keeping tabs on all the suspects. He had heard many recommendations from her superiors and she did seem to have quite the potential for such work. She also seemed to know proper etiquette in ways of the court, as expected to that of a shinobi. All in all she seemed well trained, skilled and that veil of her that she bore brought even more mystery to the woman. An he liked that. She was sure to be useful.

And finally there was the man called Vincent. Of all the retainers he was the one that stood out the most and it was clear he was a foreigner. As Jin's eyes would reach him they would look at him a bit more suspiciously from behind his fan. But really nothing that could be observed from afar. He was the hardest to find information about and the only thing he learned from the teachers that had taught Vincent is that he came along with some merchants on the trade route with a foreign land. Not knowing more than this about his past made Jin concerned to say the least and if there was anyone who would be the most suspicious among all the rest it would be him. Of course Jin never honestly trusted anyone fully, even considering the fact that his own father could be a spy for a he knew. After all if there was anyone who had the necessary skills to hide such a thing from Jin it would be his father. But even more suprising to Jin was the fact that house James would raise him as one of their own when he came to Ecruteak as a young child. Breaking a considerable amount of traditions by even going as far as making him a full retainer, giving him a full dashio and naming him a samurai of clan Rocket. To Jin this was utter blasphemy and it was beyond his understanding how anyone would allow this unless the man proved himself extremely useful. And now he is even allowed to appear in his cousins court! In short he was not really fond of foreigners in general and this whole situation made Jin wonder what type of strings had been pulled to make this all happen. Jin's eyes would narrow slightly as he would inspect his appearance further and his attire almost made him laugh at how ridiculous it looked tho he managed to hide his expression behind his fan. He would keep a very close eye on the man as he could prove to be the least trustworthy if he was to be approached by Koga. At least in Jin's mind.

Finally after his quick mental rundown of all of the members of this court Jin would turn to look towards his cousin Sakura as she had finished her speech. And after all the retainers and lords had said their well wishes and safe journeys Jin would then clear his throat and straightened his back before speaking up. "I as well wish you a safe and successful pilgrimage Sakura-Sama." He said in a very formal and soft tone. He usually simply refeered to his Sakura as his cousin or dear cousin~ outside of the court and official meetings but as they were in a public court would be expected to show as much respect as the rest other than using her first name not to confuse that he was speaking to another member of the Giovanni family. "While you are gone I will personally make sure to root out any infiltrators and plug any leaks of information that we might find. I will not specify exactly how but we are already in the process of countering Koga's shinobi. Father and I have already set up several means to deal with this as well as reinforcing our defenses and watch around the city. Even tho father is retired he still cant help himself to help out. He even refused to stay home in order to come here and wish you a safe journey." He said with a chuckle as he would look towards his father. "He sure is dedicated isn't he?~ I wish I will have the same amount of energy when I reach your age father." He said before pausing for a short moment and continuing. "In any case we have already sent out scouting parties to travel ahead of you to ensure you encounter no problems on the way and everything is prepared so all that remains is for you to say the word and you will be off." He said as he would close his fan and twirl it around a bit between his fingers. "Oh and before I forget. As you return with Oak Genji I wish for an audience with you in order to discuss further matters on what our next step should be. I will work on a plan to proceed with until then. And remember don't get ahead of yourself~ I would not want you to return already married if it comes to that. I would hate to miss the wedding~!" He said with a light smirk and a chuckle. It was common for him of such harmless little jokes, meaning no disrespect of course even tho he could get pretty vicious when it came to sub-tile yet infuriating insults.

Boolprop
2014-05-02, 11:04 PM
While Sakaki was looking around during Lady Giovanni's speech, he happen to make eye contact with Jin's, a man whom Sakaki haven't personally met, but have heard of. "Was that a look of disgust in his eyes?" Sakaki thought for a second, but quickly thought otherwise. "No, most likely wariness, if anything. Perhaps I'm thinking too much into this." Never the less, Sakaki gives a sincere smile and lightly bows his head to the young lord.

As members spokes words of council and blessings on the Lady's journey. As Sakaki speaks up in his Fuchsian accent, he quickly clears his throat with a small cough and speaks his best Ecruteakan accent, though there is still hints of his Fuchsian decent.

"You honour us with your trust, Giovanni-sama." Sakaki says has his hands clasps together, forming a Gebaku hand gesture over his heart. Giving a quick nod to the Froakie by his side and then back at Lady Giovanni, "Little Genji here and I will stay vigilant and do our very best to protect and uphold have you will leave in our hands." At this Genji the Froakie gives a serious look and also imitates the same Gebaku hand gesture that Sakaki have made. "We both pray for you a save journey, and may Mother Mew watch over you." At this, both Sakaki and Genji bows at a 45 degree angle, while maintaining both the Gebaku and their seiza position.

Feathersnow
2014-05-03, 06:39 AM
Very well. Then I shall depart upon the morrow. Never fear, cousin, know your future is as of much concern to me as my own. I know many of you are new to my service, but needs must we find new allies, should our plans reach fruition. Particularly, I must vouch for Kojirō-san whose knowledge of Fuschia prefecture will provide valuable intelligence against one of our most dangerous enemies, and Vincent-san whose knowledge of the gaijin will guide me should I need to seek foreign allies, as distasteful as the thought is. For letting our dead go unavenged would be a far worse transgression!

Nyan
2014-05-03, 07:50 AM
Jin would chuckle slightly at his cousins words, mainly for her telling him to never fear. "Hah!~ Fear? Me? If anything I am excited~...It will sure be interesting to see what events will follow after your pilgrimage~ And I appreciate your concern for my future but you have your journey ahead of you so leave those concerns to me for now." He says in a playful manner and a giggle as he covers part of his face with his fan again. Glancing over towards Kojirġ and Vincent as they are mentioned in turn. "Yes indeed you are correct~ I have already had that in mind as I was doing my research. Perhaps once I get some time you and I could perhaps have a short meeting about just that. What do you say Kojirġ-San?~" He said as he would then take another sip from his tea while smiling towards the Kojirġ. "I don't know about this Vincent however...A lot of traditions has been broken with his presence here. But as you say he could prove to be useful so I will trust your judgement on this matter." He would then continue as he glanced back towards Vincent in the far end of the room.*

Feathersnow
2014-05-05, 01:41 AM
The next day, Sakura leaves with much fanfare, and you are left in charge of Ecruteak in here stead. What is your first order of business, growing your ability to fight, or hunting for ninja spies?

banthesun
2014-05-05, 03:24 AM
If no one's got orders for her, Rei will take a look round the Giovanni estate, and then slip out to wander the town (which I guess is looking for ninjas). If anyone wants to walk with her, she's too noncommittal to say no. :smalltongue:

Nyan
2014-05-05, 05:04 AM
After the meeting and all through the following day Jin would have many things on his schedule but with the help of his father, as the old man did not seem to want to leave everything to his son. Would assist him slightly even after a short argument about it not being necessary. They would send out their own shinobi to scout all around the city and the area around as well as up the trading routes and nearby villages. Also he would try to collect information from the shinobi he has already captured if any as well as look up if there is any new information from his own spies currently working on gathering intel on Lord Koga. During all of this he would also see to it that the warriors and guards are well ready for battle at a moments notice and to stay vigilant in the case of Koga sending out a force to invade their territory. But of course he would do all of this through his own office while enjoying the privileges of being a noble as he would peacefully enjoy the finest of tea and refreshments all the while he had his Larvitar Azura train day and night only giving him the time to rest when he could not move any further.

Also he would send a request for Sakaki, and strangely enough for Vincent to meet him. Where he would then ask for Vincent and his Honedge to train along side Azura in order to gauge their strength as well as to ask Sakaki to display his ability that he has heard about. Of course he would give Sakakis partner the opportunity to train along side Vincent and Azura but would rather have Sakaki himself join him for a bit of tea and a game of shogi as well as asking him about everything that he could possibly know about where he came from.

Feathersnow
2014-05-05, 05:25 AM
Your counter-intelligence finds something suspicious among some traveling merchants. While not illegal, it is very unusual for a merchant to be able to call the pokemon Venonat. A double agent in the area could be pressed for information, also.

Mistelin
2014-05-05, 09:29 AM
After the meeting, Vincent goes back to his room.He knows that he is a foreigner in this land,and their are many that distrust him because of his heritage, so he avoids lingering.The following morning he is standing outside the crowd to see the procession.After Lady Sakura leaves, Vincent goes back to the dojo to train.Every morning he trains with the samurai, and in the afternoon in the empty martial arts hall he trains with Tizona. He doesn't have many comrades in this land so he has no one to voice his concerns about the lady's pilgrimage. Every time he swings his sword or trains his fist, he remembers the stares of the nobles..in particular he remembers the stare of a pretty looking man.But he is determined to be ready.Besides being a foreigner, his methods of training have given him a small following especially among peasant children who dream of becoming samurai.Because if a gaijin can do it why can't they.In the evenings Vincent travels through the village and visits many food shops.Because no one has more information than drunk and fully satisfied men, in particular when their are beautiful women around.And Vincent has found that "drinking with the gaijin and eating food with him" has become an almost mark of courage among the young men of the town.Which gives him his own little web of information especially if he provides the funds for the drinks.

After a night of drinking Vincent receives an invitation to train with Jin.He is suspicious,but the Lady has trust in his skills.So he goes and presents himself before Jin.He is surprised to see Sakaki."I'm grateful for this invitation to train with someone of such acclaim"Not worrying to much Vincent uses Tizona and starts his pre-workout warm up.

Boolprop
2014-05-05, 01:11 PM
"Just to be in your presence is an honor, Giovanni Sakura-Sama, Giovanni Jin-Sama," Sakaki responds, as he bows his head, while keeping his back straight. "To be able to personally talk with you is something I have never dared dreamed of, Giovanni Jin-Sama. I hope what little knowledge I've know of Fuchsia will help you greatly, Giovanni-Sama." Sakaki replies to Jin's offer. If there was any discomfort or concern at all, Sakaki's face and body language remains stoic.

The following days that passed by since the meeting, when not training himself or with Genji, Sakaki would travel the to nearby village. Though he is sure House Giovanni have employed their intelligence network to root out spies and enemies, Sakaki approached it at a different angle. Since the days he have moved here from Fuchsia prefecture, Sakaki have befriended the nearby village children, specially ones that are orphans, too poor, or not better off then the rest (if any at all, and if possible, ones from the slum, if the nearby village has one...). Whenever Sakaki had free time, he'll come down and visit the children, sometimes offering the parents to watch their children for a while. Both Sakaki and Genji would play with the children, teach/educate them (if possible) and offer/cook snacks/food Sakaki can afford. Sakaki seeks to protect the children, in hopes they wont have the go through the harsh life like he did back at the slums of Fuchsia prefecture. Both the children and Sakaki sees him and Genji as an older brother-like figure.

Since Lady Giovanni wants to root out spies, and obtain what possible information, Sakaki know that the children can sometimes hear or discover useful information, more so if they are often ignored or cause trouble. Though Sakaki would ask the children if they have heard, or seen anyone suspicious, he doesn't want to put them into danger; thus will ask them and tell them not to place themselves in harms way, since both Sakaki and Genji, and if they have parents or guardians will be sad.

Upon Giovanni Jin's request. Both Sakaki and Genji arrived at the appointed location promptly. Preparing himself, Sakaki made sure to wear the proper attire (a simple kimono for someone of his position), since his mentor was nearly chewed out (figuratively) the last time Sakaki forgot to wear one during Lady Giovanni's court.

Feathersnow
2014-05-05, 05:52 PM
There are two forms of training warriors engage in. Training their own bodies, and testing their skill with pokemon. Which do you seek to improve today?

Nyan
2014-05-06, 02:44 AM
Hearing about this new information Jin would see to it that the double agent would tell everything that he knows before giving him the new task of investigating this merchant while they will be further observed and followed by other shinobi in case something fishy happens. He would also provide with new information to the double agent for him to distribute among those contacting him. But all the information he learns will either be fake, misleading or not useful in any way. But the double agent will himself not be aware of the fact the things he know is fake. And any new information is to be immediately reported to Jin personally.

During his little meeting with Sakaki and Vincent however he will greet the two of them with some refreshments, giving a light nod and a smile at Vincents words before showing the two to his personal training grounds in the backyard of his own office. Once there he would observe Azura and Vincent doing their respective training exercises while asking for Sakaki to join him for a game of Shogi. As the day proceeds however Jin would then request for three experienced pokemon trainers to join them. "So...Kojiro-san...How confident are you in your partners abilities?...And if I may ask you a few questions...What is the most important attribute for that of a commander?...And what do you think is the difference between training and commanding pokemon compared to training and commanding the hearts of men?..." Jin would ask as he moves another piece on the board, seemingly to be quite pleased with how it was going as he glances over to Vincent and Azura training in the yard.

Boolprop
2014-05-06, 10:02 PM
Sakaki receives a warm welcome from Jin, as they both met, as well as seeing the foreigner, Vincent was also called by Jin. Remembering his training, Sakaki performs a small bow as he greets Jin. "Greetings Giovanni-Sama, not to be rude but I didn't expected to be in your presence so soon." Turning to the foreigner, "You must be Vincent, I've heard a lot about you from Sensei Moriyama. You've created quite a buzz when you first came to House James... I do believe this is the first time we've properly met. I am Sakaki Kojirō, and this little guy is Genji" Sakaki says, as the Froakie by his feet hops a step forward when he is introduced.

As the meeting progress, Sakaki was to entertain Jin in a game of Shogi. "I haven't played Shogi before, but have seen my mentor, Sensei Moriyama, played the game quite often. I only hope what knowledge of Shogi I have would suffice, Giovanni-Sama." As Sakaki struggles a bit against Jin in the game of Shogi, both men would observe Vincent and his Pokemon, a Honedge named Tizona, and Jin's personal companion, Azura the Larvitar.

Upon several questions posed by Jin, Sakaki responded honestly, "To be able to answer your questions is the least I can do, Giovanni-Sama. But I must say, that your skills in Shogi would give Sensei Moriyama's money for a run... Sakaki thinks a bit but quickly catches his mistake, not shying away but scratches the back of his head and smiles "I think got that proverb wrong." Continuing, that "I have great confidence in Genji's abilities" Sakaki pauses a bit, and follows up his answer with "But I do believe there is bound to be a Pokemon whom can best Genji, and another whom can best whomever have bested Genji. And who knows, Genji can probably best the one whom bested the Pokemon that bested Genji in the first place." Again catching himself, Sakaki smiles warmly while scratching his head, "Sorry if that answer is long or may have confused you Giovanni-Sama. Not saying that it did, Giovanni-Sama"

Taking a sip from the tea, Sakaki thinks hard for the next answer. Thinking back to his mentor, Moriyama's teachings, and back upon the days of how he lived in Fuchsia's slums, Sakaki decided upon an answer. "Vision. I believe vision is an important quality a commander needs, Giovanni-Sama." Sakaki pauses a bit, trying to read Jin's body language before continuing, "Vision is what allows a commander to inspire others, to draw them into his cause. Sure there are a lot of other options, but with 'Vision' a commander can see his own weakness, strength and the tactics needed." Stopping to move one of his pieces on the Shogi board, Sakaki continues, "I believe training and commanding Pokemon are more simple when compare to training and commanding the hearts of men... The hearts of men can be sway by power, wealth and greed. Pokemon don't really care of such trivial matters." Stopping to pet Genji's head, "Pokemon fights for a more noble cause. Pokemon fights for whom they believe in... Not saying that all hearts men are easily swayed by power, wealth and greed or are less noble than a Pokemon." Satisfy with his own answers/ideal, Sakaki looks at Jin, hopping his answers will also satisfy Jin's questions.

Mistelin
2014-05-07, 11:02 AM
Vincent looks at Sakaki and Genji smiles and says."Well met...I am Vincent and this here is Tizona..your right we haven't met but it is a pleasure to make your acquaintance.I gather Giovanni-sama sent for you.So I will return to my training i am sure that we will find time to talk later...excuse me i must return to training." With that Vincent returns to training with Azura.

Nyan
2014-05-07, 05:09 PM
Jin would listen to Sasaki's answers while observing Azura and drinking of his tea. Occasionally glancing to the shogi board and moving another piece as it was his turn. "And yet I am not the best... I have to admit my father seems to somehow always be one step ahead of me. He currently sits in the lead between the two of us you see. But not by much... Your skills in shogi however is adequate for that of a beginner." He said with a smile as he would observe his side of the board for a while "You see...One can learn a lot on how a person is simply by the way they play I have found...The way they plan ahead and which pieces they prefer and try to keep...You've made a few mistakes but if I'd end the game so quickly that would not be fun now would it? And then I would not learn as much about you." He would chuckle as he gave him a smile back as he saw Sasaki struggle with trying to figure out his next move. At his answer about the strength of his pokemon Jin would close his eyes and smirk a bit as he tilted his head down and looked in to his cup of tea. "Indeed it is good to know that there are people stronger than yourself. Arrogance can be a great foe to yourself and those around you. You will need to balance the belief you have in your pokemon with the judgement of their actual strength...Throwing oneself in to a situation where you can simply not win is foolish to no end..."

When Sakaki would explain his opinion on the virtues of a commander Jin would not have any sort of reaction at first as he simply observed what was going on ahead of him. And when he finished he would turn his head towards him and smile. "...Good answer, Sasaki-san. What you say fits the way you play your pieces indeed. But as for my own answer...The most important thing for a commander is..." He paused as he would look up at the sky before looking back towards Sasaki with a slight smirk. "...Everything." He paused again to observe his reaction before he continued. "For example; What is a man with a vision if he does not have the strength to realize it?...And in turn what is a man with strength if he does not know how to use it?...Indeed what you say that a man needs a vision first and foremost. But to be a true commander one needs to have everything. A vision, Strength, Wisdom, Influence, Intuition, Intellect and a countless more attributes which are all equally important..." He would let out a sigh and took another sip of his tea before continuing. "But as you said you also need to know your weaknesses and realize which of these attributes that you lack. No one can be utterly flawless...But what you can do...Is that you rely on your allies to fill in for the things you lack. In my case...I am no warrior like you or Vincent here, so what I lack is strength. But to compensate for that weakness I have Azura." He says as he gestures towards his pokemon. "He, will be my strength, and through him I will be able to earn respect by those that hold such an attribute in high regard. If you lack the ability to properly lead you armies you get trusted generals to lead your army for you. If you lack knowledge you hire scholars to tell you everything you need to know. And this goes on until you and your most trusted officials fill in all the roles needed. And when all those things are brought together...With their help you will reach the pinnacle of perfection." As he finishes his expression changes slightly, looking off in to the distance he gets a rather dark tone to his voice with a fearsome glare in his eyes "But if you do not bear any of the burden on your own... You do not deserve to reach such heights..."

In a blink of an eye however his demeanor changes back to normal as if nothing had happened. "Either way what do you say about showing me your skills as a trainer? I have called in a few people to join us so we may all have a friendly duel against each other." He chuckled as he has finished his tea at this point and would pull out his fan. "Oh, and don't worry about our game. It's not necessary to continue. Sorry to say but you would lose in the following turn." He said referring to the shogi board. He would have called for the individuals Kaminari and Rei to join them as well as third person so that all would be able to have an individual one versus one duel.

Feathersnow
2014-05-07, 05:13 PM
One of Sakura's guards, accompanied by the pokemon Ghaslty, steps forward to train with you.

banthesun
2014-05-08, 01:28 AM
While Rei is exploring house Giovanni's gardens a servant runs up and addresses her.

"You there, you're a pokemon trainer, correct?"

"Why are you asking?"

"Jin Giovanni is called for trainers for his guests to spar against. He's waiting in the courtyard behind the far building."

Though Rei had intended to avoid the nobles as much as she could, a call from a house Giovanni member was something she could not readily ignore. Besides, a chance to try her skills against the house's other trainers was not something she was going to pass up. She headed in the direction the servant had gestured and turned to Kai.

"Are you ready to show them what you can do?" she whispered with a grin.

Aneurin
2014-05-08, 08:04 AM
Kaminari

When the messenger found her, Kaminari was preparing for the investigation of the suspicious travelling merchant. For the last hour, she has been engaged in constructing smoke bombs, poisoned caltrops and other alchemical nastiness. For when - sorry, if - the snivelling, self-serving merchantile traitor shows his true colours.

She frowns slightly at the interruption, but a request from a Giovanni is, after all, a request from a Giovanni and must be obeyed. Still, it is an irritating distraction. Maybe she could deal with the merchant first and then...? No. No, that won't do.

Kaminari sighs and nods her reluctant acceptance of the order, before tucking away her arsenal into the various hidden inner pockets of her deep blue robe. As she quites the room, she takes her daisho from their resting place by the screen door and pulls up her hood.

The little Purrloin prowls along in her wake.

Spending 2 AP to make Toxic Caltrops and a Smoke Ball.

Feathersnow
2014-05-10, 06:45 PM
You engage in a vigorous training session, and afterwards, you agree to get to work. You realize that your party is currently weak against certain types, and you resolve to enlist more wild pokemon.

You then discuss what is known about enemy shinobi in Ecruteak. Two suspicious merchants are in town, and you can lean on the shady double agent you know of to spill on more well hidden spies.

Mistelin
2014-05-12, 11:19 AM
Looking at the shinobi "Do you think we should wait till nightfall before confronting the spies?Doesn't really matter how we do this , me and Tizona will be ready just tell me who and where...I don't like the thought of us allowing them to remain within the city for much longer."

Boolprop
2014-05-12, 04:23 PM
"You do make good point, Giovanni-Sama. I can see why Moriyama Sensei and others think of you highly. That is not to say you are any less, Giovanni-Sama." Looking at the board as Jin states the inevitable, "Yes, your beliefs are quite educational and inspiring; rarely do I even have this kind of conversation with Moriyama Sensei." Genji hops forward as Sakaki stands up, away from the board game. "Genji and I are ready for some physical activities, Giovanni-Sama."