PDA

View Full Version : Innocence Proves Nothing - Dark heresy Ascension (IC)

KasmKat
2014-04-27, 10:08 PM
"A Storm Is coming..." Those were the words you all heard when you woke up this morning, whispered into your ears and brains after a night of terrible dreams. You've been traveling in the Warp for a week now, Heading towards a distress call from the center of the Processional of the Damned. The call identified itself as a distress beacon from one of the black ships, and though faint and spotty you could make out words such as Marines, boarded, and Save us...

As you Awake the Warp Transition siren sounds, Completely unexpected, you weren't supposed to be leaving the war for another week, the siren cuts off suddenly, the ship ripping itself out of the warp just as the geller fields fail...

Last Night you dreamed of home, you were there again, on the hulk you were born on, this time you were the Hunter though, seeking to kill someone or something, Just as you were about to turn the final corner and catch your prey you awoke though...

Last night you dreamed you were Hunted, stranded on a station you didn't know, devoid of all life, all you knew was fear and pain, you knew whoever or whatever was chasing was just one corner back, and when you could run no further and knew they would find you, you awoke, soaked through with sweat.

Last night you dreamed of the Warp, your geller fields failed, and banging on the hull were all of your personal daemons, with the faces of your family, sitting on the bridge you could see them tear through your ship, steadily moving towards the bridge, then just as the bridge door was breached, you awoke to the Warp transition and imminent geller field failure sirens...

You dreamed of Trials last night, only you were not a judge, you were home, with your father and mother, and were being judged for a crime you can't quite remember, found guilty the hammer was coming down, the sentence, A life of hard labour, as you awoke...

Last Night you dreamed of the guard, your last assignment with them, as you watched unable to do anything they were slowly defeated, until only a handful remained, forcing yourself to run, you made it to the ship, leaving your men behind...

Last Night you dreamed you failed your master again, watching over and over how he was killed, knowing that you could have done something, even as you stood back and took the payment not to interfere...

Last Night you dreamed of home, before the Invasion and the inquisition destroyed it, you were happy, your family all around you, children, brothers, sisters, your parents, and of course your husband, Paul... You awoke with regret, for a moment unsure where you were, the dream feeling so much like true memories...

You did not dream last night, or if you did you can't remember it...

Hi, so heres the IC Thread, whats just happened is that you were all asleep, the sirens went off and you have violently dropped out of the warp...
You do not know why, or how, or if anything else is wrong...

Cogsrow
2014-04-27, 10:16 PM
-Titus opens his eyes, even as the sounds around him told him certain death was probably close, after all he can count only a few good things that leaving the warp early meant, and inumerable bad things. He then just shrugged, grabbed his two pistols and strapped on his rifle and stepped out of him room. He had his pistols drawn at the ready and walks down the hall to find his companions singing a soft song from his youth- itsy bitsy spider went up the water spout, down came the rain and washed the spider out. Out came the sun and washed up all teh rain. -he hums the rest as he checks a corner-

Tychris1
2014-04-27, 10:40 PM
Veshun jerked into motion before his mind even processed what happened, his muscles tightening and pushing him into a combat stance. His hand gripped the wychknife in his hand as tightly as it could, his thumb pressed against the base of the edge, and eliciting a small trickle of blood. Spinning the blade in his hand, he sheathed it in its tiny leather holster before rushing through his quarters. He picked up his Incubi Warsuit, donning the helmet and slipping into its lightweight and resilient chassis even as he rushed for his weaponry. Grabbing his Pistol and sword, he sheathed them easily into their holsters before gripping his Klaive with both hands. The massive, heavy blade was a natural extension of his body, moving alongside him with such grace and speed that it seemed almost weightless in comparison to the much cruder and heavier Imperial technology. Throwing open his door, the Incubus sprints down the hallway, running at full force, and forces his way to Anastasia's quarters. Upon reaching her door, he was prepared to kick it clean off or rend his way in if necessary, but currently resorted to banging his fist against the entrance, and shouting loudly.

"MY LADY! ARE YOU HURT?"

Cogsrow
2014-04-27, 10:43 PM
-Andreas almost shoots the eldar as he runs by, but stops himself realizing who it was, he then shrugs and continues on towards the cafeteria, he was hungry-

LeSwordfish
2014-04-28, 02:11 AM
It took Frey a moment to come to full wakefulness, but he spent that moment well, one hand groping for his shotgun, the other his microbead.

"Frey to the bridge, come in bridge. What the drek's going on?"

KasmKat
2014-04-28, 05:03 AM
“This is… skkt… bridge… …problems…” your microbead stutters before dissolving into static.

Suddenly the Ship address system comes live for a moment with screaming before being blanked out and replaced by a voice you all recognise, Ships Master Donald Martellus, “This is Ships Master Martellus, Captain and all senior crew to the bridge immediately, there’s something you need to see…” The Intercom cutting off at that point and dissolving into static, with what seems to be the occasional half heard whisper and scream.

Jyssika
2014-04-28, 05:30 AM
Paul... I love, wait...

The sirens screaming knock her back into reality.

Frakk!, ~#@"ass-tards!

Jinx, claws her bedding off, and grabs her Hellgun and Hellpistol.
Dreams of her home put her in a foul mood and anything to do
with warp travel simply made it worse.

She pulled on some karki pants over her night vest and puts her
feet in unlaced boots before heading at brisk pace to the bridge.

Her eyes are peeled for people acting oddly; potential vessels for
beasts of the warp.

---

Upon reaching the bridge she adresses the room;
Damn didn't anyone teach you dumb frakkers to fly?

Hemnon
2014-04-28, 05:41 AM
Still a bit disoriented from her disturbed sleep, Kachja is both rather grumpy as well as slightly tired still, as she straps on her carapace armour.... after all it's better to be safe than sorry.

Finally surrogating her power maul to her hipholster, Kachja decided to head directly towards the Inquisitor's room.

kestrel404
2014-04-28, 06:21 AM
Mark awakes and reaches for the towel he keeps on his bunkside table to wipe away the nightmare sweats. His movements are slightly jerky but quite efficient from years of repetition as he pulls on his guard armor. He's just reaching for his helmet and sword when the announcement comes over the intercom.

Silently, he exits the compartment and makes his way towards the bridge.

LeSwordfish
2014-04-28, 06:40 AM
Frey cursed and flicked his microbead to the private channel.

"Senior crew, inquisition staff, what's your status?"

He dressed quickly, and hooked his maul to his belt. "One of the crew, bring my armour to the bridge." he ordered, before heading to the bridge himself.

Cogsrow
2014-04-28, 08:25 AM
-Andreas was sitting down in the cafeteria eating his daily serving of corpsestarch rations when hte announcement came over the com, he shrugs and picks up his bowel and walks towards the bridge-

ArcturusV
2014-04-28, 12:11 PM
Titus curled up on his relatively posh bedding, letting out a contented murmuring as the dream slowly faded from his mind, the alarms and panicked vox casts from the bridge slowly bringing him around to wakefulness. With a titanic yawn he stretched out, feeling fairly rested and content, all considered. The hum of warp engines and plasma drives were a familiar sound, a sort of low vibration throughout the deck plating and the air that he swore he could feel, even if others said it was impossible, and was a great comfort to him.

As his feet rolled down and hit the deck the insistent blaring of the alarm, and the call for a panicked meeting finally settled into his mind. A bit of recaff would have been nice, he sensed he'd need that mental kick start, just as he sensed he wouldn't have time. He let out a heavy sigh as he got up, kitting himself up for whatever emergency was going to go on. It was an old, simple habit, always take what you need, armor up, you never knew when you'd get a chance to come back. Sure they might get a chance to kit up after this show that the voice was so eager about. But it was just as easily something they'd have to leave for ASAP.

Armored up, weapons strapped on, pack loaded with his kit, he headed out, moving at a fast clip, but not quite "running". It was but a quick, controlled walking speed on an assault footing. Perhaps he was still remembering part of his dream...

Sir Dancealot
2014-04-28, 05:26 PM
Jerking awake, Anastasia points her plasma pistol about the room, blinking the sleep out of her eyes. It had been a long time since she had jerked awake like that. What wa- Ah. She heard the alarm announcing the lack of gellar field. Seeing as how there was not a daemon in her bedroom, she figured it might be best to get armored up. Placing the Microbead in her ear, she voxed in for a report, the 'bead already tuned for the bridge. "This is the Lady Captain Anastasia, give me a sit rep bridge crew." she ordered simply, already punching in the program to get her power armor on. It would take a little while, but if they were under attack she would need it. She also unbolted and cracked her door, that way it would open instead of breaking when Voshun inevitably got here.

KasmKat
2014-04-28, 05:41 PM
“La…skkkt …tasia, A pleasure to hear your voice after so long…” A voice you’re sure you recognise comes through your microbead, though no-one of your bridge crew you’re sure… “I…sktk… Stay….” Is all that manages to come out before it fades into static.

“Frey, Frey, report, damn it man… SKKT…all through the ship…SKKTK” your microbead crackles, before the signal dissolves into pure static, you can almost recognise the voice...

The Bridge crew look up as you enter, looking far more worried than you've ever seen them before, "Maam, we don't know what happened, Engines are down, warp drive is down, shields are down, we barely have life support, but the drives are running at full capacity... we can't get through to engineering, and you've really got to see this maam, just wait for the captain please..." Ships Master Martellus says, looking worried, but also very puzzled.

Cogsrow
2014-04-28, 05:46 PM
-Andreas walks onto the bridge eating his bowel of corpsestarch through his helmet- My highly trained assassin instincts tell me that the general mood is we are ****ed -Looks at jinx- Sleep well?

Sir Dancealot
2014-04-28, 05:53 PM
"Yes, Voshun, I'm fine. Come in please and help with this would you?. I can't move at the moment." She said distractedly towards the door as she slowly donned her amour. Getting the Chassis on was always the worst part. She spoke again into the 'bead, seeing if she could get anything else. "And who, by the emperors comfy ass are you?"

Jyssika
2014-04-28, 07:15 PM
She smiles obtusely; her sweat soaked night vest indicating otherwise.

Yeah, frakking great! I dreamt about a husband I never even had was dead along with my entire family...
Who are actually dead! She looks at him; stood eating his horrible food without a care.

Dont you have things to shoot? I am busy here schooling this muppet how to run a frakking voidcraft
She grabs his shoulder; tightly looking into his face, her morning breath thick and her sweaty vest horrible.
Did you send teams to the faulty sectors? Did the damn g-thingy-field break before we broke warp?

KasmKat
2014-04-28, 07:17 PM
The microbead sputters and crackles, mostly static but occasionally you think you hear words like - invasion, terror, HELP, Abandon...

Bridge:
"The Geller Field held until we dropped out Ma'am, and we've already dispatched emergency response teams to the sectors we can't get a reply from." Martellus replies, concentrating on the displays in front of him. "There, we've got signals back from engineering, text only, no voice. Apparently everything is ok, they seem to think we forced the drop out, the priests are mad, something about almost causing a plasma core failure... Oh ****..." He continues as new messages pop up onto his screen.

Cogsrow
2014-04-28, 07:25 PM
-the breath just hits the mask and he finishes eating through it,- Well as of yet nothing has shown up for me to shoot so -he shrugs- Now as for the Gellar field being down, if that's broken we probably have demons in the ship, so I'll go check on that -with that the vindicaire assassin walks out the room rounds the corner takes a breath and starts running as stealthily and silently as he can. He speaks to jinx over the microbead in his helmet- Keep me posted okay?

move silently [roll0] v 79
concealment [roll1] v 79

oh and awareness to spot anything before it spots me assisted by my in helmet auspex

[roll2] v 75

Jyssika
2014-04-28, 07:44 PM
Jinx turns to tell Andreas its probably not safe to go alone; then realizing she was not even in armour and he was a trained assassin decided better of it.
She takes a seat on the bridge; attempting to coordinate a sweep of the ship by the storm troopers aboard.

Have you double checked everything? Including scanning local space for vessels?
She is a little calmer now that the immenant threat of warp entities has lowered.
We need to search the ship room by room and get a full headcount; just follow your prodecures ok?
Don't skip anything.

Tychris1
2014-04-28, 08:04 PM
Veshun barged into the room rather unceremoniously, his body tensed even as his Klaive rested in his grip. The massive blade swung like a pendulum as he released one of his hands from its grip, his body moving forward with a subtle yet vicious grace. His eyes rested on the sight of his charge, his body easing as he saw nothing tearing her into tiny chunky bits, and in that brief second he took a moment to appreciate her form. Scowling beneath his mask, his warrior instincts quickly killed that thought and threw its corpse over some musty old bridge in the dark recesses of his mind. Continuing his glide forward, he rested his motion before Anastasia, and as he slid his Klaive onto his back he assisted her in suiting up.

"I believe the masses require their Captain, my Lady. Shall we make haste to address the situation?"

kestrel404
2014-04-28, 08:18 PM
Mark glances at the assassin leaving the bridge as he enters. He's been listening the to microbead in his ear, but hasn't attempted to use it as of yet.

On entering the bridge and seeing that there is no captain yet, he moves over to the communications sections to find out what's going on. He moves over to the station where the void-tech is reading the message from engineering and attempts to decipher it - hoping against hope that the ship's language is close enough to High or Low Gothic as to be decipherable to outsiders - while asking for a full report.

Given his knowledge of the Warp, he also tries to piece together what might be going on with the ship's communications and...oddities.

Trying for Forbidden Lore - Warp [roll0] vs 50, not including situational modifiers.
Also, attempting a Psyniscience check (per 50+10) to see if there are any warp energies still affecting the ship - now that we're back in normal space.

LeSwordfish
2014-04-29, 02:12 AM
"On my way to the bridge." Frey replied, breaking into a run.

Hemnon
2014-04-29, 04:22 AM
Finding no person of interest near the Inquisitor's chambers, Kachja decided to head to the Bridge instead to get a better overview of what's going on, along with possibly finding the inquisitor and the others there as well... hopefully.

Sir Dancealot
2014-04-29, 04:42 PM
"Indeed. Hence me getting this armor on. No, that's the wrong piece. It's the other one." She replied in Eldar, noting his brief pause and idly wondering if it was him checking her over, or checking her out. He was qui- She quickly stabbed that thought in the back and kicked it over a ledge. "All I'm getting over the communicator is screams and pleas for help. Gives me a sorta 'Abandon Hope All ye Who Enter' feel to be honest." She continued as she sealed her gauntlets on, feeling the suit power up at she did so. "Ah, there we are. I believe we should get on the way my friend. Everyone should be about there by now. Bad part about having a really big ship is that it takes forever to get anywhere." Helmet held under one arm, she clipped her plasma pistol holster on to her thigh and began her clomping way out of the room. "Oh, could you grab a couple of grenades? They are in the second drawer of the cabinet. Sorry, forgot to grab them before I started suiting up. Don't want to break it." She grabbed the heavy bolter off the pedestal, it was setup something like a suitcase would be, while awkward to carry, even in power armour, it was faster than strapping it on her back. So suited, she began marching her way towards the bridge. No doubt with Voshun right on her heels.

The underwear in the drawer is quite lacy.

ArcturusV
2014-04-29, 05:06 PM
Titus heard someone approaching from behind. His shotgun, one he had his whole career, served him well against everything from gangers to xenos in hand as he turned his whole body, ready to shoot if needed, towards the source of the sound. A source that quickly revealed itself as Kachja, "Oh, it's you," the shotgun was still in his hands, but lowered to be pointing at the deck rather than the face and center mass of the Judge. "Sorry, something seems to have me on edge lately..." that was about all the explanation she was likely to get for the moment about why the Inquisitor was in full gear, on an assault footing, shotgun out as he stalked towards the ship's bridge.

"Come on, strength in numbers and all, indomitable human will of the group, things like that." He cracked a smile, even as cheesy as he made his words sound there to help ease tension, it was something he honestly believed in. Despite all the horrors of the warp, the xenos, heretics, enemies, and traitors, that a man standing strong with the faithful would prevail.

"Managed to hear anything about what is going on?" he asked the Judge as he started making his way towards the bridge once again. Less of an Assault footing, though he still kept his shotgun in hand. You never knew when it'd be needed, and wasn't quite the overkill that might otherwise be unleashed if some rating jumped out.

Tychris1
2014-04-29, 06:15 PM
Veshun nodded his head curtly as he followed her instructions, slowly stalking towards the drawer as his arm was raised up to open it. Peering inside his face grew as solid as stone as he looked at the contents. His thin, sharp gauntlets reached into the drawer apprehensively, his movements tight and jerky. Were one to look upon the Incubus from the side, it would appear as if he were trying to defuse a bomb, his hand moving with such controlled speed. Brushing aside the undergarments carefully, he wrapped his metal claws around the grenades, and with deft swiftness took them out and closed the drawer. Eldar Grenades in hand, he soon followed in suit behind Anastasia, hounding her footsteps in utter silence.

Sir Dancealot
2014-04-29, 07:40 PM
Anastasia glaced back over her gleaming shoulder, checking for the Eldar behind her. Seeing that he was indeed there, she talked as she walked, rounding a cornerAre you alright Veshun? Usually you've reprimanded me for not wearing my helmet by now."

Tychris1
2014-04-29, 08:00 PM
Veshun deemed it necessary to break his current silence, atleast for now. He compartamentalized and stowed away any images he may have seen or imagined earlier, allowing his cold training and instincts to process everything and control his body. He wasn't going to lose his edge just because he was flustered.

"There are no available vantage points currently for a sniper to take aim with against your skull. Furthermore with the onset of the Gellar field crashing and our recent visit from the damnable domain of She Who Thirsts, a helmet would do little to protect against the sorcerous attacks of the Daemon, or their weaponry. A prioritization of facial recognition and testing are far more valuable in the event of Daemons, and thus rank higher,"

His tone changed slightly, not to one of annoyance per say, but more of an urgent edge as if to say "Drop it".

"Lastly, in the event of trespassers aboard the ship, avoiding confrontation is a priority until contact can be made with the others. Remaining unseen and hidden until then would be recommended, wouldn't want to give our position away with my voice."

And with that he returned to his stolid silence, carefully scanning his surroundings as they walked about.

Sir Dancealot
2014-04-29, 10:34 PM
Her feet clomped loudly, echoing through the halls, servos whining as she moved.I doubt your voice is going to be what draws anything to us that wouldn't already be headed this way. I'm in a big, loud suit of armor. What's gotten you in a snit?" She frowned in thought, her mood darkening a bit, Whas it that disgusting for you? Shuffling through a Mon-keighs undergarmets? It's an old habit. Nobody expects grenades to be in there." She was more stomping than walking now, and she wasn't entirely sure why. Or so she made herself think.

KasmKat
2014-04-29, 10:45 PM
The message is simply what Martellus read out before.
You can detect a lingering presence with your psyniscience however you are sure it’s not from inside the ship.
You can’t figure out what has caused the communication problems or the oddities.

Cogsrow
2014-04-29, 11:00 PM
-Those in the bridge would suddenly see the vent grating fly off the side and Andreas leaps into the room and lands guns drawn looking around- Wait a minute.....I think... I got turned around somewhere....hey wheres the two lovebirds? he somewhere popping a round into her chamber?

Tychris1
2014-04-29, 11:42 PM
Veshun continued to eye his surroundings, his commenting now more of a distracted aside as he twirled his Klaive in his hand, and occasionally fiddled with his Clone Field.

"It might come as a shock for you, my Lady, to learn the fact that I can handle such trivial things. If you wish to understand the nature of my displeasure, you need look no further then our current situation. Defensive shields down, forced to transition through the warp, and with the potential for Daemons to be on board. I may be superior to every swordsmen on this ship combined, but my Klaive cannot cut away She Who Thirsts' cloying influence. Every time we embark upon expeditions in the warp, I risk having my eternal soul devoured by warp spawned creatures of untold horror. To suddenly be awakened to the fact that my one and only shield, which is more comparable to a thin piece of paper to She Who Thirsts, has been shattered and I am now rendered bare tends to leave me in a less then amiable position."

Tapping a rune upon his clone field it pulsed with life and activated, humming softly as its arcane energies began to work passively. Had he the need for it, all he would need to do is think or use his twitch reflexes to react and it would spring to life.

Sir Dancealot
2014-04-30, 12:06 AM
"Bah. Daemons. We're not in the warp, and we have failsafes for if we're stuck back into it. If they don't activate, well, we'll be too dead or in too much eternal agony to care.'Till then, we'll just fill anything that wants burn, maim, kill, devour, destroy, or mutate us with lots of holes, all varied in size. Then, we'll find the next one and fill that one with holes as well. Chin up my sword swinging friend. If there are daemons aboard, we'll have a decent fight on our hands for one. Maybe the Inquisitor can join us." She clomped on, not really stomping anymore, still speaking in Eldar. By this point, she had the ammo pack on her back, and the bolter slung over one shoulder, helmet still in hand. Besides, no matter what you say, we both know that unease is at least partially due to you having no enemy tofocus your attention on. All warriors are the same in that respect."

kestrel404
2014-04-30, 06:03 AM
As something comes out of the vent on the wall, Mark's sword is in his hand and he's charging across the room without hesitation.

Manifesting Precognition, because that's just as reflexive in this situation. I'll roll it both ways, because I'm not sure how we want to handle it:
Dark Heresy activation roll - fettered: [roll0] vs 18 (equal or higher)
or
Rogue Trader activation roll - fettered: [roll1] vs WP + 25 (95) (counting +10 for power well, unless power well counts to offset sustained powers? Conversion rules can be interpreted both ways.)

He stops about two feet short of the assassin and doesn't swing, as he recognizes the figure. "You're quite lucky I've just assured myself there are no Daemons on this ship, or else I'd cut you down just in case."

Re-attaching his sword to his back, the unnaturally calm Psyker turns away from the Assassin. "I think you should stay in sight. The micro-beads aren't working."

Hemnon
2014-04-30, 07:02 AM
Kachja strode into the Bridge-area, with the strong presence of an Adeptus Arbites and the prim-and-proper acts of an experienced soldier. "Alright, Sit-rep. What's going on here??" she asked in a commanding voice, hoping to see the inquisitor here as well.

Tychris1
2014-04-30, 07:12 AM
Veshun traced his hand over the side of his Klaive, pulling out his Wychknife after a short bit, and began to inspect it in the light. Flicking the blade around, he began to sharpen it against his Klaive to ensure the edge was nice and sharp, and continued with his maintenence as he walked.

"Indeed, I'd certainly enjoy sticking my blade into something fleshy right about now. Helps ease the nerves, sooth the soul, that sort of thing."

He glanced down at her posterior as he spoke, realizing a fraction of a second too late the innuendo he just made, and grimaced in shame as he fell silent once more.

"Shouldn't be too much longer now, I think I can hear the rest of them....."

Jyssika
2014-04-30, 08:09 AM
Jinx cant help but push the buttons of the Arbite; showing up fully armoured but very much late as far as developments were concerned.

Don't worry; you missed all the frakking confusion.
She looks to Martellus.
This juvie pilot is getting messages through but clearly is in no hurry to share
them with us; until the Ar-Tee arrives so you may as-well get used to
an uncomfortable wait... Oh and dont shoot the Assassin; apparently his
new suicidal game is jumping out of frakking vents and shouting boo during a
warpdrive failure.

Cogsrow
2014-04-30, 11:49 AM
-Andreas tilts his head- no offense witch but you wouldn't be able to touch me if you tried. Also I realized the microbeads weren't working when my soliquay about how sneaky I am didn't get any groans of boredom

LeSwordfish
2014-04-30, 12:34 PM
"Funny." Frey didn't greet the others as he entered the bridge. "When I used mine, I got a response. So something's talking to us."

He began the laborious process of climbing into his powered armour.

Cogsrow
2014-04-30, 12:37 PM
-Andreas shrugs- maybe all the vindicaire training makes me immune to space voices. would be a nice break though from the regular voices telling me to kill all of you horribly -he laughs...maaaybe a little to long-

ArcturusV
2014-04-30, 02:09 PM
Walking, walking, walking... and ignored. Titus arched his eyebrow as the Judge just went right past him as if he wasn't there and didn't seem to hear his voice. Warp spawned nightmares? Was he still dreaming? Was his comrade suffering from some sort of Warp Dementia? He frowned, well familiar with how the rigors and terrors of the Warp and the Void could snap the sanity of lesser men, and women for that matter. He had followed after the Judge, concerned for her seemingly odd behavior, all bluster, ignoring other people, wrapped up in... something. A dream? A delusion? He saw her entrance to the bridge, cocking his head as he studied the behavior of the men and women, Kachja's attempt at instilling order and command over people she had no real authority over, the various boundary pushing by the others on the bridge, pushing at each other. He slid into the room, not demanding attention at the moment, merely a figure in Carapace armor with a shotgun, someone they should have recognized but maybe were mistaking for just a random storm trooper, though lacking the "assets" of the standard stormies on the ship.

kestrel404
2014-05-01, 08:58 AM
"It's pronounced Soliloquy." Mark responds automatically. He's about to go back to investigating consoles when he spots the person walking onto the bridge behind the Judge.

The militarily-dressed psyker comes to attention and salutes. "Inquisitor Gunnar. We were introduced when I came aboard." After a pause for acknowledgement, "Have you seen the captain?"

Sir Dancealot
2014-05-01, 09:47 AM
And on that note, the Rogue Trader enters the bridge as a gleaming mound of metal, "Yes, I'm right here. As is everyone else. Wonderful, I timed this perfectly it seems. What's the status?"

LeSwordfish
2014-05-01, 11:48 AM
Frey saluted lazily. "Spooky and confusing, Ma'am."

Jyssika
2014-05-01, 12:16 PM
Jinx doesn't even bother to stand let alone saluting.
A little hacked off at how long it took the RT to arrive
but knowing it was better she arrived fully armoured
than risking her safty.

Jinx didn't honestly know why she was pissed...
She just was; she sighs trying to sort herself out
and be patient for a sit-rep.

So; can you pretty please tell us what happened now cap?
She is a little calmer; almost polite for the hothead pilot.

ArcturusV
2014-05-01, 02:40 PM
Titus clips off a quick, crisp salute to Mark, "As you were," he ordered with a crisp, clear voice well used to dealing with the general din and chaos of a battlefield. Of course there was no need to respond to the issue of the Lady Captain, as she managed to stride in right after him. He actually smiled a bit that she had thought to armor and kit up, along with her Xenos companion, just as he did. Just those little similarities in thought and spirit that had managed to keep them from clawing each other's throats out initially.

KasmKat
2014-05-01, 09:36 PM
“Ah, Captain” Martellus says, smiling and relaxing slightly, happy to hand off some of the responsibility to the captain, “There’s a strange message coming through for you, using your personal message codes and encryption, Also you need to look outside, I’ve got the camera’s pointed at something, but I don’t know what to make of it… Which would you like first?” Turning towards the Console he prepares to switch the view to whichever one The captain asks for, when suddenly the bridge power is cut, leaving the bridge completely dark, except for a small glowing dot hovering in mid-air.

As you all look towards the dot it grows much larger, rapidly taking on the shape of a person, it seems familiar to all of you, in fact it looks strikingly like captain Anastasia, with a extra 40-60 years of age and experience.

Suddenly the figure turns, looking over the people collected in front of her before settling her eyes on the captain, “Ah, so nice to see you all again, It’s been such a long time, But I can’t stay, I’m sure you all understand, I’m simply here to deliver a message, You mustn’t go to the dark star, no matter what happens, you must stay away.” Her face saddens, the age and experiences weighing it down, obvious to those of you who know her well that they weren’t necessarily good ones, She turns to Veshun, holding out her hand longingly as she fades out, her last words you catch, “I remember…”

As she completely fades out all the power returns to the bridge, an image appearing on the main screen, a battered hulk of a space ship, holed and broken, just floating there, as it slowly rotates you catch the name on its scarred hull - The Terror in the Void- just before it simply fades away, directly in front of you.

As the ship fades from the view-screen, your feeling of the warp presence disappears.

Tychris1
2014-05-01, 10:22 PM
As Veshun entered the bridge, he would curtly nod to each of his fellow crewmen and warriors, making sure to address the Inquisitor as he did so.

"Inquisitor."

He said rather blandly and casually, recognizing and validating the other imperial powerhouse he wasn't sworn to protect, and not giving him much more of a thought. His head turned to the screens as he prepared to state something, the seeds of a question being planted on the tips of his lips, and yet never being born to fruition. They were snatched from him, corroded and rotted by the ghastly image he saw. Expecting some kind of Daemon to manifest itself from the Warp, he rapidly shunted Anastasia back, slamming his forearm into her as he took her place. He held the entire weight of his Klaive in one hand, and with the other rapidly drew his glowing blade. The scintillating katana exited it's sheath with a dastardly crackle, whispering and rumbling spontaneous and destructive energies. No Daemon would pierce his wall of blades.

Yet the sight he saw was far worse then any Daemon. Worse then any genetic abomination, frenzied ork, or twisted abomination of Commoragh. That spectral figure of Anastasia chilled him to the bone, filling him with questions of self doubt. Was she dead? Was it his fault? Was it natural? Why did she need to come here, and what was she going to say? Or was she trying to warn him, and she was still alive? Was Veshun dead? Did the Mon-Keigh really out live him? Did he die with his sword held up high, surrounded by a mountain of corpses. Or was he merely target practice? These thoughts races to him at a mile a minute, disorientating him even as his raw instincts took over. He felt his legs twist, taking on an aggressive stance just as his grip tightened around his blades. He felt his katana arm raise slightly, preparing itself to strike out, and then it was over.

As quickly as it came, it was gone.

Disorientated by its sudden disappearance, Veshun stared at the spot for a good few beats, bewildered. Spinning the long and dextrous blade in his hand, he sheathed it and proceeded towards where the red vision once stood (Or "floated" really). As he stood at that very epicenter, he grew gravely quiet, and inspected the ground inch by inch. It had to be some kind of trick, a play on the mind, an illusion.

Right?

Looking for Blues-Clues :smalltongue:

Awareness Test:[roll0]

ArcturusV
2014-05-01, 10:35 PM
Titus's shotgun had trained on the vision almost immediately as it appeared, his eyes hard and cold as it delivered her message, with great theatrics and vagueness. As the power turned up, he still had his shotgun shouldered, though the barrel was pointed towards the floor instead of the empty space that the apparition had been in. He looked towards Mark immediately, "Psychic Trickery? Perhaps the attempt of an Eldar to toy with our fates in some way?" he asked, looking for an opinion from, well, the resident expert on psychics in his team.

For his part, the apparition seemed to have put him on guard more than anything else. Ghostly images, vague warnings, seemingly familiar voices. They all took him back to his dream and the life that it represented, the daily moments of strangeness, things teasing at the ragged edges of your perceptions. He let out a long frustrated sigh. Strange dreams, warp travel mishaps, shields down, visions... he couldn't help but think of Eldar and their general douchebag behavior and attempts to manipulate men.

kestrel404
2014-05-01, 10:35 PM
"A most ominous sending from the warp. I sensed warp-taint out among the stars from the direction of that Hulk, and now it has faded. But the trail is clear enough - the Dark Sun looms once more."

Mark's voice is clear and confident - not quite devoid of emotion, but perhaps...exultant? Slightly excited? Certainly not showing the dread that should be there at such dark portents. "Orders, Captain? Inquisitor? I can use divination to try and investigate further...but it may be dangerous. And it should be done quickly, before the warp quiets too much and the trail grows cold."

Cogsrow
2014-05-01, 11:58 PM
-Andreas looks at everyone involved- So that happened, I vote we move on and never speak of it again. I mean we're seriously not dumb enough to go after something named the dark star right? -he pauses for a moment- no, we are exactly the people to go after something named the dark star cause the floating ghost lady told us not to.

LeSwordfish
2014-05-02, 02:54 AM
"Snapshot's got a point." Frey growled. "This could be the tyrant star. You don't mess about with things like that."

Hemnon
2014-05-02, 11:48 AM
Kachja was just as surprised and freaked out like all the others by what they'd all just seen.

In the same split-second that it had begun manifesting, Kachja had pulled out her shotgun and held it aimed at the strange apparition, ready to fire at the warp-spawned thing the second it would move in hers or any other direction.

----------------

After it vanished again, Kachja was slow to lower her shotgun again. "What in the name of all that is holy was that!? What's been happening on this ship?" She questioned out to the entire room, sounding very angry - this sort of thing wasn't meant to happen since ships had well-functioning Gellar-Fields after all... so someone must have screwed up their job for this to have happened.

kestrel404
2014-05-04, 10:28 AM
While waiting a few moments for his 'superiors' to give him permission - and then a few more to give them time to scream for him to stop - Mark manifests a very simple fate-affecting power. He uses only his own will, channeling power into a matrix that will let him reshape fate should something go wrong in the next moments.

Since no orders are forthcoming, Mark decides that he should act before the moment passes. He unleashes his full psychic power to attempt to read the truth of what just happened.

First: Manifest the Lucky minor power while waiting for a response, power roll is less than my WP bonus, so no need to roll.
Second: After action comes back to me, I Manifest Psychometry at full power. [roll0] vs 16.

Cogsrow
2014-05-04, 12:49 PM
-The vindicaire rubs the back of his helmet- So we're dead in the water till we get the geller fields turned back on right? shouldn't we hop to that?

LeSwordfish
2014-05-04, 01:22 PM
"If I may make a suggestion," Frey began "We should sit tight and search the ship. If something's come through, better a few days wait while we dig it out. Like Snapshot said, we need to fix the Geller anyway."

Sir Dancealot
2014-05-05, 05:38 PM
"Well. That was interesting and distressing. But, there's no need to fear my friends and companions. It was simply a warp ghost feeding on our fears and the malfunction of the gellar field. I didn't give myself the sign I devised years ago in such an event of my future self coming back to give a warning." Nodding amiably, she smiled. She was very much rattled, but it wouldn't do to show that.. "Speaking of gellar fields, what by the throne happened to ours? WHERE'S MY SITUATION REPORT!"

KasmKat
2014-05-06, 05:14 AM
Martellus checks his screens carefully, looking up occasionally as if to make sure there was still nothing where the apparition had been, “Ma’am, Engineering has just reported in, apparently they’ve got the plasma cores balanced again and running at full power, however half of the ship is still without power for some reason, the geller fields won’t respond and the warp drive needs a total cold start, apparently something froze the core… We don’t know how badly we’re emitting signals, and we’re not sure if we can raise the void shields… Basically ma’am, until we get the power situation sorted out we’re dead in the void…” Martellus looks around at the end of this, obviously worried.

Currently these things aren't working on the ship:
Warp Drive is completely shut down - Theres nothing you can do to speed up the restart for this, it will take quite some time (Read - When it is narratively relevant)

The geller fields aren't responding for an unknown reason - someone will need to find out why and how to fix them (Or not, up to you, I hear the warp is nice this time of year...)

About half the ship is without power, spread around in various compartments, this also means no gravity, or life support, these compartments will rapidly become deadly for anyone in them. At this point there is no obvious reason why or pattern to the lack of power.

Currently all sensors and Augur arrays are offline, you don't know what else is out there except what the external camerras can pick up, you also don't know haw badly you are emmitting electronically (ie. how much of a signal you are broadcasting for anyone or anything to pick up)

Standard engines Are working, however without working augur arrays you don't have any idea what you might run into.

Weapons are probably fine, however no-one has checked. and once again you need the augur arrays so you know what to shoot at, if anything...

On top of all this is the obvious thing everyone should have figured out by now - you just lost your geller field coming out of the warp, currently you don't know if anything might have gotten inside...

Will edit this for your psychometry results as soon as you let me know the duration you are sustaining it for.

Cogsrow
2014-05-06, 02:20 PM
-Andreas sits down unslinging his rifle and popping it open, taking out his one shieldbreaker round he loads it and slings the rifle back over his shoulder- Since I don't know tech I'm going looking for demons now, just...gonna take the corridors so I don't get lost in the vents. If anyone wants to come with me follow if not, well if I don't show up back here in a few hours means something probably ate me -he says deadpan as he walks out-

LeSwordfish
2014-05-06, 04:23 PM
"Martellus, get me a list of the unpowered regions. I'm going to head to them and see about getting survivors out."

OOC
I imagine this is a Command test? Command vs 80: [roll0]

Jyssika
2014-05-06, 05:31 PM
Jinx chirps up; happy as ever.

Our first priority should be comm's, ship this big with so many people, frakkin nightmare doing anything without comms.

She stands.
We need to get some birds in the void too; encase anything is out there wanting to take a bite out of us...
Not that we can without comms...

Sir Dancealot
2014-05-06, 05:43 PM
"Faaaantastic. Right then, comms are important, yes. Get on that. MARTELLUS! Upload the most direct route to the auger arrays in my suit. We need to get out there and get the throne-damned things working. Who around here has the best fingers for tech? Because I need you with me. Someone check the weapons as well, I don't want my eyes to come up and tell me that's there's an enemy and find my hands have been chopped off." She began barking off orders and instructions, getting what she could assembled, "Do we have contact with any of the soldiers aboard the ship? And give me a line to any currently working vox-boxes."

kestrel404
2014-05-06, 06:40 PM
Mark slowly picks himself up from where he was thrown to the floor by his powers. He blithely ignores the papers and other objects that are whirling frantically around the bridge because of his lavish use of power.

"Once I have finished my analysis of the warp energies here, I can remotely view different parts of the ship, or look beyond its hull into the void. Until the ship's sensors are back, we needn't be entirely blind - though my limited view will be meager compared to what the Machine spirits could do."

His words are vague and distant, as he continues to focus the majority of his attention on the spot where the Captain's phantom image manifested.

Jyssika
2014-05-07, 02:46 AM
Jinx sighs to her boss.
The hell of the psyker making her uneasy; thankfully it did not affect
her too hard and she simply sat back in her seat incase of further effects;
others were not so lucky.

Me ma'am...
She was still just a soldier on board the ship; but the Ar-Tee forgot so often.

Unless it has affected Vox Boxes directly; all the ones inside our vehicle bay
should still be working. I believe each squad of troopers is also issued with a Vox
Box incase they should ever have to leave the ship... with their comms down
they are probably using them so simply making it to a vehicle would put me in
touch with the entire force... although why none of them ventured to the bridge
to check in on things in the last fifteen minuites worryingly disputes that.

Visions of troopers being struck down by deamons and vicious close quarter
combat along the length of the ship fills her mind; she would be much safer
off this ship and in a gun-cutter.

She takes on a more formal tone.

May I be dismissed or do you need me to stay and teach these frakking space
cadets how to fly a voidship?

ArcturusV
2014-05-07, 03:02 AM
As Mark's power ran wild, Titus felt himself rocked by it, teetering and just barely losing his balance, thrown onto his ass. Hardly a cutting image of Inquisitorial authority, but he didn't seem too bothered by it. After all, Mark was the only one who seemed to ever realize he was there, and Mark had fallen as well. Getting up slowly he dusted himself off, pulled a few sheets of paper that had been whipped onto him off and letting them fall, very undignified, but otherwise unharmed.

"I trust that means your power has been accessed, please, continue scanning, I want full details, particularly if we are dealing with the Eldar and their Witchcraft," he instructed Mark, shaking his head as he settled himself back down, the fall having momentarily rattled him. The Captain seemed to be getting things cleared up, others taking command, he nodded as he started formulating a plan, turning towards the Lady-Captain.

"With your permission, my friend, I would like to get some of the women loaded on an assault boat squadron. This situation screams more to me of enemy outside than enemy within. Your own crewman said the field fell AFTER leaving Warp, we shouldn't have a problem with warp entities then. And with the engines offline, we won't be entering the warp anytime soon. The random power outages? This all feels like trickery to make us think there is something inside... when the danger lurks outside. Worse comes to worse? We get out there in the boats and see nothing is coming. But at least we know it's covered."

Sir Dancealot
2014-05-07, 05:41 PM
She took a step back as a psychic wind knocked into her, she idly waved a few papers from her face as she continued speaking, "Of course you're not dismissed, you just volunteered to come with me and fix our arrays. Unless you want to take a team and do it yourself? I could do other things. You might need a void suit." She said the last bit offhand, turning to the Inquisitor as he spoke again, "A sound plan. Unfortunately I cannot be everywhere. MARTELLUS! Are the voidcraft functional and are the bays capable of opening up?"

ArcturusV
2014-05-07, 05:57 PM
"Oh, don't worry, I was plannin' on takin' the girls out myself, with your approval," Titus offered the rogue trader with a smile. He was geared up and ready for a fight, and over their history together he had always been a "Frontline Commander" that she had seen, believing he could only effectively lead troopers if they saw him and he could see firsthand the battle as it unfolded. At the very least, he had little else to do as it looked, people were self motivated, acting within their specialties, as expected of a veteran cadre.

Hemnon
2014-05-07, 09:11 PM
Kachja raised an eyebrow at the Inquisitor's rather crass comment about She being a 'girl'. it's been a LONG time since she last could call herself a 'girl' without blatantly lying. "Girl?? wow, been a long time since i was last call that, pffhahaha~" she chuckled out loud.

Tychris1
2014-05-07, 09:18 PM
Veshun was knocked off his feet as the Psyker pierced the veil of that which is and is not with his minds eye. The Dark Eldar was never truly prepared for the Psyker's ways, and thus he often found himself flitting about while the Mon-Keigh dabbled with deadly Warp Magics beyond comprehension. Falling against the ground, his body was laid flat against the ground and slid slightly forward from the impact. Just enough movement for him to throw his hands around his head, push off the ground, and flip into the air back ontk his feet. Acrobatics display finished, Veshun slinked by the shadow of his Lady, silent as the grave, darting his eyes about, and awaiting further orders.

His default command was to protect the Lady Captain, and as of such unless told otherwise that's exactly what he would do.

Jyssika
2014-05-08, 12:40 PM
Jinx cocked her head; and stated blankly.

I believe the Inquisitor mean't me and the aR-Tee.
She replies her boss.

Repairing things is for Cogs, im just here to fly n drive.
I am sure the boy-

Her eyes indicate she is speaking of the Inquisitor
-would look lovely fired out [of] a guncutter's [airlock] in a chicken suit
though. Does he know how to use a Terra-Primate Wrench?

She speaks the last bit mainly to herself; she knows that is probably the
main reason the RT is comming but just incase it makes good sense
to state the obveous.
If you come with it means you can grab a Vox Box to the stormtroopers
also; ... saves the hassle of relaying comms info.

KasmKat
2014-05-08, 09:13 PM
Martellus looks up from his screens again, glancing towards the captain, “Ma’am we appear to have vox communications back inside the ship, currently the un-powered sections appear to be – both port and one starboard Launch bays appear to be un-powered, and there’s no vox communication coming from the crews there, though there is an open vox line; The primary crew quarters, and various corridors, all the corridors surrounding the barracks appear to be un-powered at the moment…” checking over the incoming data, patchy as it is, he frowns, “there’s also an intermittent power fluctuation coming from the Munitorium as well…” He continues tapping away at the screens in front of him, working on something, “I’ve just transferred the most direct route to the augur arrays to your suit ma’am, it’s a bit of a run around avoiding the un-powered sections though, I’ve also set up a dedicated vox link to each person, routed through here and the captains suit, I don’t know if that will survive whatever interfered with the last one though…”

Your micro bead crackles to life suddenly, the voice coming through recognizable as the captain of the stormtroopers, “Ma’am this is Captain Farachi, we appear to have regained communications, however we are apparently trapped inside the barracks, what are your orders, whats happening ma’am?”

You sense from the spot the Captains look alike disappeared an overwhelming feeling of sadness and regret, at the back of this are more subtle emotions you can’t figure out, you can tell it really was the captain, but not from when…

Cogsrow
2014-05-08, 09:17 PM
-Andreas through his walking reaches the barracks and deciides to pop into the vents to get inside, after all this is where he would go if he was a horrible demon of pleasure and rape, where the women are- If there are any unholy chaos spawn in here kindly growl so I know where to shoot

LeSwordfish
2014-05-09, 01:45 AM
"Right." Frey growled, attaching the helm of his suit of coal-black armour. "I'll take the left battery, and get that online."

Sir Dancealot
2014-05-13, 03:01 PM
"Wonderful. Thank you Martellus. I'm heading out now. Inquisitor, would you mind ever so much on heading towards the Barracks? I believe the Stormtroopers might require assistance." She switches over to the Captain as she strides towards the bridge door. No use waiting around. "We've had a few problems, mainly being shunted out of the warp and our gellar fields dropping. DO NOT CUT OPEN YOUR DOORS. The power around you is down, and we are currently unaware of what could be out there between us and you. We need you and your women alive Captain. I don't want some horde of demons to start rampaging through you. I don't doubt you would win, I just find any losses unacceptable. Keep me updated as to your situation. Assistance should be on the way shortly.

kestrel404
2014-05-13, 06:17 PM
Mark finishes his sensing of the warp-spawned image. Turning to the Captain, he calmly states, "Ma'am, the projection was likely what it appeared to be. Your image, sent through time. Not an impossibility, when the warp is involved. Now, would you like me to look into what is happening on this ship, or do you want me to come with you? I can remotely view the unpowered sections - or I can join you and we can see first hand what is there."

ArcturusV
2014-05-14, 06:19 AM
Great. Time travel. He wished he was part of that Ordo Chronos, or at least had some passing training with them to know what to make of it. Inevitability of fate? Something that needs to be purged with fire? It was just a headache growing and honestly he didn't want to think about it. Focus on the Xenos witches, the daemons, the heretics. Those were easy to understand. Find, pull trigger, job done.

Well, it seemed like the plan was still the same then. A team to the arrays, a team to the barracks. Whatever it was, he'd feel a lot better about it with a company of female stormies watching his back. Looking out over the gathered bunch, he called out loudly, shotgun poisoned on his shoulder nonchalantly, seemingly relaxed and confident, "Alright. I need a couple of you for the break through to go help the Stormies with whatever is planning on isolating them from us. I expect resistance, possible Xenos, possible Daemon. We'll need to secure void suits if you don't have it, make sure you're loaded and ready to bear, this is a Breakthrough mission, Find, Identify, Destroy, and link up with the Stormies."

He waited to see who, if any, were willing to follow him. He expected Mark at least, hopefully the rest of the Retinue.

Jyssika
2014-05-14, 06:39 AM
Jinx follows the Captain out of the bridge;
excited to be getting on with something
she was good at instead of sitting around
twiddling her thumbs.

As much as she would like to have joined
the breach crew back to the Barracks her
carapace was still lying in said 'rax next
to her empty bed and she didn't fancy the
trip without it to keep her alive.

She opens her dataslate bringing up a map
of the ship and plots the shortest route
to a working voidcraft of her liking.
At the same time messaging the bridge
requesting the power outage data be
uploaded to her dataslate.

Sir Dancealot
2014-05-14, 09:26 PM
"It would probably be best if you headed with the Inquisitor, Mark. He'll be more bothered with the empty sections than I."

kestrel404
2014-05-15, 06:14 AM
Mark nods at the captain's words, and follows the inquisitor. He looks around to see who else it coming, before pulling the helmet from his pack, and sealing it. With the voidsuit worn under his suit, he would have no issue with vacuum - unless something pierced his armor.

Edit: Well, if you can wear a voidsuit under armor, Mark probably does on ship. He's 'detail-oriented' enough to have his armor layed out next to him when he sleeps, in case of emergencies.