PDA

View Full Version : E6 Best Magic Armor?

Baroknik
2014-04-27, 11:19 PM
Was reading through Ironsiul Forgemaster and thought about the possibility in an E6 campaign. With the right feats, you could enter at 5 and learn Secrets of the Forge at 6, giving 6CL for forging arms/armor from IF.
Throw that on a wizard/cleric chassis and you can get a CL of 10 for magic arms/armor...

Am I missing anything there? Seems like a pretty sweet deal to me!

Techwarrior
2014-04-27, 11:30 PM
If you can enter Ironsoul Forgemaster at 5 (thus getting 2 levels, and Secrets of the Forge), then you want to combine it with Artificer, Practiced Spellcaster, or Illumian (Naenkrau) for a total of 12 caster levels. That gets you to +4 bonuses for stat items, weapons, armor, resistance, deflection, and natural armor bonuses. I'm sure CL 12 can get you plenty of other nice things, but +2 saves, +2 stats, +2 to hit and damage, and +6 AC is definitely a Nice ThingTM.

Do note that, depending on your group, they may feel this breaks the spirit of E6, and ban it. In particular, getting skill requirements in is seldom allowed in the games I've seen, and that brings you down to caster level 9, for only +3's. Still nice, but not OP.