PDA

View Full Version : soulmelds and soulknives.

mabriss lethe
2014-04-28, 09:54 AM
My dirty little not-so-secret: I love the soulknife. There's no denying that they're an absolutely terrible class. However, that doesn't stop me from looking for new ways to plaster over their failure in a quest to make them at least marginally effective. That brings me to my latest experiment. Incarnum.

I'm fluent in the basics of the system already. That's not the point. I'm trying to figure out if there are any good soulmelds or incarnum feats that would boost the soulknife's combat prowess to the point where they're functional frontliners. I know Bluesteel bracers and bloodwar guantlets fit the bill pretty well for a straightforward combat boost. Are there any others that spring to mind? Also, for a soulknife, which is a better investment? Psycarnum blade or Psionic Weapon?

Xsatra
2014-04-28, 10:08 AM
You could have a look at Dreamscarred's Soulknife (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/classes/soulknife) and see if it fixes any of the problems you have with the class.

mabriss lethe
2014-04-28, 10:18 AM
I'm familiar with DSP's Soulknife. It's a solid reworking of the class. Not what I'm interested in, though. I do this stuff with the 3.5 soulknife mostly for the challenge of finding ways to wrangle some use out of bad classes.