PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder help with to-hit...

arkangel111
2014-04-28, 12:32 PM
So we are quite possibly doing our last session this week. I am a lvl 15 half-elf Ranger Archery focused. I have approx. 30k to spend before this last fight and I have an open feat slot. Every BBEG seems to have AC through the roof and I can't hit reliably. I need to boost my to hit as much as possible. Following this paragraph I will list a few of the pro's and cons. I have no problem buying some scrolls for the final battle, but assume I only have 2 rounds to buff, of which I need to use my quarry ability for one and instant enemy as well. any of the 1 min/lvl buffs (cat's grace for sure) or better on the ranger list will be cast shortly before entering BBEG evil lair. So my question is what would be some good scrolls to UMD for this last battle, with DC's listed if possible, or any other items suggested.

Pros:
keen weapon 19-20x3
18 UMD
favored enemy (with instant enemy can get +8)
Quarry +2
Bracers of greater archery
Ioun stone +1 to hit
Rod of quicken lesser
always on flight (racial heritage line of feats)

Cons
No dex item currently (+4 str belt)
Lowest AC in the party so I prefer to sit far back
Bow is +1 (with holy)

arkangel111
2014-04-29, 12:44 AM
bumping...

ArendK
2014-04-29, 01:29 AM
I would have suggested bracers of falcons aim, but you've already got the greater archery bracers.

I'd find a way to get the Dex bonus on that belt. Cats Grace works well enough, but action economy is almost everything.

Greater Magic Weapon at a high caster level (at least 9-12 for the +3 or +4 total bonus, so it's a gain of +2/3 to hit and extra damage no less). Either through a wand or one of your casters.

Other tricks depend on the nature of the BBEG; is it some humanoid with a ridiculous huge amount of buffs through his manufactured Armor? If he's living, break out the Brilliant Energy. Doesn't work if it's a construct, undead, or with natural armor.

Wand of Greater Invisibility; your UMD is high enough to easily activate it on command. Granted, at high level, it's easy to pierce that (if it's a demon or devil esque foe, don't bother as they automatically have true seeing IIRC), but it's making your enemy be reactive to your antics and waste actions that could otherwise be used to inflict harm; and if he doesn't, you are striking from concealment on a flat-footed foe.

Depending on your GMs rulings for homebrew wands and metamagic feats and traits; A wand of True Strike quickened with the feat/trait that drops metamagic costs down to the required level for a wand. A little cheesy, but it's an idea.

The actual spell Falcons Aim is a workable solution if you aren't already using it; maybe do gloves of falcons aim for an item as to not waste the action?