PDA

View Full Version : Come Join the Gnoll Fan Club!!!

Conners
2007-02-10, 06:48 AM
This thread is for the discussion of gnolls, and gnoll related topics.

We are currently looking for members for a club, and anyone is welcome to join, as long as they keep to the rules:
No killing other members.
No setting your friends or family on fire.
No prodding gnolls with sticks (it's hazardous to your health).Please also follow the forum rules.

After we gain enough members, we'll all vote for a club president.

Enjoy :smallbiggrin:.

Zincorium
2007-02-10, 08:20 AM
Flinds. Seriously, if Flinds aren't prominently featured, I'm going to have to decline despite my liking of gnolls. Flinds get no love.

Maryring
2007-02-10, 09:12 AM
They do get love. In my group, one of the players has a Flind Character. And then placing the group in a place full of gnolls... that is fun.

JadedDM
2007-02-10, 09:30 AM
Aw, Conners. Your signature reminds me of how much I miss PlanetAD&D.

Anyway, gnolls are playable in my homebrewed world. However, I changed them a bit. They are LN instead of CE (generally) and are honorable, but paranoid. They really don't like elves. Once you earn their trust, though, they are quite loyal.

Sulecrist
2007-02-10, 10:50 AM
I like gnolls.

JellyPooga
2007-02-10, 12:03 PM
I'll join the Gnoll Fan Club (or GFC). I like those furry 6ft critters (though I prefer Catfolk - so much more style than Gnolls), but only if you join the Tomb Mote Appreciation Society (or TMAS), 'cos I'm the only member (of TMAS) so far and I just love those little guys! :smallbiggrin:

Fhaolan
2007-02-10, 12:04 PM
Gnolls are a standard 'race' in my campaign. Of course, my version doesn't quite match the MM version, but I kept the name! :smallsmile:

AtomicKitKat
2007-02-10, 12:07 PM
Love the Hyenafolk. Don't really care for flinds. Too much like "An Elf in every Environment".

reorith
2007-02-10, 12:38 PM
my buddy ran a ce gnoll ranger/scout. favored enemy: humans

he lasted for a fairly long time.

JellyPooga
2007-02-10, 12:54 PM
my "buddy" (he was a bit of a nob) once ran a CN Gnoll Barbarian/Ranger with favoured enemy: human. He didn't last very long at all because none of the rest of the groups characters liked him - he smelled bad, he was obnoxious and arrogant and kept killing people that didn't need to be killed (our group is, on the whole, fairly honourable about fights - if someone is incapacitated or surrenders, they don't get killed for no reason). Hey ho.

On the whole though, I like Gnolls (though I'd rather see them with a Neutral alignment rather than an Evil one). I assume we are going off the Races of the Wild portrayal of them, by the way, 'cos those Gnolls I like. Don't know any other type other than the 'generic monster' from the MM.

If I were to run a D&D game I would so have Gnoll and Catfolk tribes/societies locked in an eternal war, destined never to end.

Conners
2007-02-10, 09:20 PM
Has anyone read monster manual IV? I read on wikipedia that the book reveals that gnolls have a female-dominated society. Can someone please post a few details?

Roland St. Jude
2007-02-10, 09:53 PM
Sheriff of Moddingham: No fanclubs in Gaming. If you want to talk about gnolls that's fine. But "fan clubs" are off-topic here.