PDA

View Full Version : Equipment for lvl6 druid

Felvion
2014-04-28, 06:37 PM
Pretty much what the title says. I'd like some ideas for my lvl6 Druid's equipment, preferably core restricted. TBH i already have some things in my mind which are:
Periant of Wisdom +2
Scrolls worth 1.500 golden pieces
Heward's handy haversack

all these cost 7.500 gp, which means i'm left with 5.5k gp to buy the rest of my equipment. I think i will definately get some barding for my riding dog ac (which could also be enchanted). Next things that comes to my mind is a CON boost for another 4000gp and Gray bag of tricks but i feel i'm missing something...

Any suggestions? Any suggestions apart from "nature spell and go crazy"?

Thanks in advance people!

eggynack
2014-04-28, 07:05 PM
I'd advise picking up a lesser metamagic rod of extend spell (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/rods.htm#metamagicExtend). It's within your price range, it can be used out of wild shape for benefits within wild shape (so you don't need a wilding clasp for it to work), and it has some good applications, given the druid's propensity for long duration buffs. That list is admittedly pared down a lot in core, but you definitely have stuff worth extending, and if you can get access to other books for spell purposes, the item goes from reasonable to fantastic.

Dugong
2014-04-28, 08:08 PM
the lesser metamagic rod of extend is great! extending things like creeping cold, lessor vigor or hour/level spells like heart of air and water are great at low levels. It's the gift that keeps on giving.

Getting an item of CON is always a solid idea, a little pricy but hp is hp.

My suggestions would be to consider a healing belt (MIC), it's only 750 gp and can give you 6d8 healing every day, one of the best healing items around.

Also a wildling clasp would be good for your WIS item so it still applies when wildshaped.

Also consider heavy dragonhide armor, this one kind of depends how you play your druid. Druids aren't proficient in heavy armor (which you could fix with a feat) but even if you don't the penalty is the armor check applies to your attack rolls, Str and Dex checks. But if you wildshape the armor merges into you (and eventually make the armor wild so you still get the AC bonus) and you don't have the penalty. Basicly you have the armor to protect you until you wildshape.

A ring of deflection is nice but won't work when you wildshape.

Later on you could consider a normal metamagic rod of extend (to extend energy immunity), monks belt (it stacks with wild armor after wildshaping :smallsmile:), ring of the beast to get better summons, mantle of the beast to make wildshaping a swift action (saving you the feat fast wildshape, although the feat changes it to a move action).

If you're focussing on wildshaping and buffing you're probably looking at the Bite of the X series of spells from the spell compendium. If so you probably don't need a CON, Str or Nat armor bonus item as the spells already provide them.