PDA

View Full Version : Combine Power Attack with Combat Brute with leap attack whats my damage?

Barbarian Horde
2014-04-28, 08:40 PM
Just need an example to see what I have in my head matchs up with what I read. Your variables are the following. If I've done something wrong just let me know I'm just trying to make sure I have a proper understanding how these feats work with each other.
Combat BruteMomentum Swing: To use this maneuver, you must charge a foe in the first round, and you must make an attack using your Power Attack feat in the second round. The penalty you take on your attack roll must be -5 or worse. Your attacks during the second round gain a bonus equal to your attack roll penalty x 1-1/2, or x 3 if you're using a two-handed weapon or a one-handed weapon wielded in two hands. For instance, if you choose to take a -6 penalty on your attack roll, you can deal an extra 9 points of damage, or an extra 18 points if you're using a two-handed weapon or a one-handed weapon wielded in two hands.

+6 Bab
26 str So 8 Str Modifier
Using two handed weapon Large Battle Axe
Anklets of Translocation
Haste
Anyways

Character is a minataur. So it uses Powerful ChargePowerful Charge (Ex): A minotaur typically begins a battle by charging at an opponent, lowering its head to bring its mighty horns into play. In addition to the normal benefits and hazards of a charge, this allows the beast to make a single gore attack with a +9 attack bonus that deals 4d6+6 points of damage. Now I've successfully charged my enemy. Now I power attack. Next round comes. First action I Teleport(Swift Action) backwards 10feet. I activate leap attack, combine it with power attack, and second part of Combat Brute. Because of haste Im aloud to attack again. So Power attack with two handed weapon makes it 12 instead of 6? Then because of Leap attack(x3 power attack damage) its now 36? Then does it stack with Combat Brute(another x3 power attack damage) to make 108 damage. Now second attack is just power attack of 6 again, but because two handing it, becomes 12 again.

Now im at 120 damage? Lets roll my 2d6 for both swings. Im take the avg of 3. So another 12 damage. So what now its 132 damage. Add my str modifier to this. Which is 8, so both hits for total of 16damage. So now we are at 148 damage. Is this correct? Do I add Half My str from each attack to this as well because It's two handed? So another(1/2 my str each hit) 8 damage?
in round 2 iv done 156 damage?

If I got valorous Weapon How would it change my damage?
http://www.realmshelps.net/cgi-bin/magweapdesc.pl?power=Valorous&src=mweapontype

GilesTheCleric
2014-05-02, 03:38 PM
Multipliers do not stack directly, they add for values beyond 100%. Eg. x3 + x3 = x5. See pg 304 in the PHB.