PDA

View Full Version : Player Help New Campaign Level 10 Warlock Help

Weepingxxbadger
2014-04-28, 11:16 PM
Hello,

I am a fairly new player, been playing about 7 months now but we are starting a new campaign with a much more experienced DM. He wants us to start at Level 10.

I have decided I want to be a HUMAN WARLOCK, My end goal for this character is to be the ruler of the underworld/hell. I am asking you guys/gals in this forum for help on building a level 10 warlock set to rule the underworld/hell. I need tips on the feats I should take, the equipment I should buy, the spells and basically everything. I have never played a caster of any sort before. Usually stick to fighters or Palidans.

Thanks guys/gals,

The Weeping Badger :)

TheCountAlucard
2014-04-28, 11:25 PM
Shall we assume this is 3.5?

Weepingxxbadger
2014-04-28, 11:37 PM
Shall we assume this is 3.5?

Yes, Sorry about that. This is 3.5.

TheCountAlucard
2014-04-28, 11:45 PM
Eldritch Glaive is a pretty solid choice for an Invocation; in fact, entire builds can and have used that as the center-piece. I'd also recommend taking the Hellfire Warlock prestige class - not only does it fit your fluff, but it's a very powerful boost to your Eldritch Blast.

If you can, dipping Mindbender for one level is nice, too; it gives you intrinsic telepathy like a fiend has.

Last but not least, since you're human, for later levels consider taking two levels in the Chameleon prestige class; at Chameleon 2, you get a free "floating" feat that you can reassign daily. This is an amazing option for the normally option-starved Warlock; with twenty-four hours' notice, you can have access to any least/lesser Invocation you want (thanks to Extra Invocation), or any Crafting feat, or even something highly situational like Mage Slayer.

For more fiendish fluff, consider the Mortalbane feat from the Book of Vile Darkness; five times a day you can charge your spell-like abilities (i.e., your eldritch blast and invocations) with fiendish energies to deal an extra 2d6 points of damage.

Pair that up with the hellfire damage from Hellfire Warlock and a Chasuble of Fell Power, some other damage-boosting items like the Warlock's Scepter and the Gauntlets of Eldritch Admixture, and you might be doing hundreds of damage per round before you hit level 15.

Weepingxxbadger
2014-04-29, 01:36 AM
Awesome! Thank you so very much! :) Ill try to put this to use.

Oh and I was wondering where you find Hellfire Warlock?

TheCountAlucard
2014-04-29, 06:02 AM
Sorry!

Hellfire Warlock is in Fiendish Codex II: Tyrants of the Nine Hells.

Chameleon is in Races of Destiny.

Chasuble of Fell Power, Warlock's Scepter, Gauntlets of Eldritch Admixture, and dozens of other cool items besides can be found in the Magic Item Compendium.

Mindbender is in Complete Arcane.

And Eldritch Glaive should be in Dragon Magic.

Plerumque
2014-04-29, 06:25 AM
The Hellfire Warlock can also be found online, here (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ex/20061207a&page=3).

Kane0
2014-04-29, 06:34 AM
Nobody has provided you with this gem (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?252715-The-New-Warlock-Handbook-3-5-WIP) yet?

That should set you on the right path :smallsmile:

Weepingxxbadger
2014-04-30, 09:08 PM
Wow, Thank you all so much.

I am bound to be on this forum for many many hours.