PDA

View Full Version : Unusual weapon

Jomni
2014-04-29, 07:09 AM
I want to add new weapons to my game besides swords and the like.
Weapons like yo-yo and fishing rod, so if there is any one that knows of more unusual weapon be it melee or range

One-handed
Rolling pin
frying pan
Book
Tablet
Bat
Chains
Yo-yo
Scissors
Hammer
Wrench

Two-Handed
Cross
Shovel
Heavy scissors
Chair
Tome
Metal bat
Broom
Sledge hammer
Heavy Wrench
pitchforks
hoes
rakes
Board
Skateboard
Snowboard
Surfboard
Airboard
Hoverboard
Wire

JeminiZero
2014-04-29, 08:34 AM
Hammer
There are actually rules for Hammers (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/equipment/goodsAndServices.htm#hammer) already.

As well as rules for crowbars (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/equipment/goodsAndServices.htm#crowbar) if you want.

Veklim
2014-04-29, 08:58 AM
Well, I made a battle spade for a cleric necromancer character I played years ago;

Battle Spade
Two handed simple weapon
Damage 2D4
Type Slashing or Bludgeoning (chosen with each attack)
Critical x3
Special qualities Also digs!

Highly useful both in and out of combat, his was made of adamantine! :smallbiggrin:

Thunderfist12
2014-04-29, 08:58 AM
Light
Twig

One-Handed
Book, Novel
Bottle, Small Glass
Goblet
Stick

Two-Handed
Battle Cane
Book, Encyclopaedia
Bottle, Large Glass
Chair
Chair, Folding
Chair, Recliner
Hockey Stick
Jug
Really Big Stick
War Broom
War Paddle
War Rake

Ranged
Really Big Thrown Stick (Two-Handed)
Thrown Stick (One-Handed)
Thrown Twig (Light)

Jormengand
2014-04-29, 12:28 PM
In Tales of Symphonia, Genis wields a kendama as a weapon. Could be fun to stat out.

We're not sure why all the weapon shops sell weaponised kendamas in increasing order of how much they should be kept out of the hands of a 12-year-old, but shh.

erikun
2014-04-29, 02:10 PM
I don't think that anything which could be classified as an improvised "club" or "throwing stone" is really that unusual of a weapon. Yes, I do not expect to be hit with a flying stapler or a curtain rod, but it would hardly be an unusual weapon to see.

What exactly are you looking for here? A list of household items that could be picked up and swung? Some sort of categorization? For categories I'd expect to see something hard that you could hold in your hand (stapler, figurine, anying small and metal really), something longer that you could swing like a club (stick, pipe, curtain rod, baseball bat, fire poker), and anything that could be lifted up and smashed up against a target (TV, microwave, breastplate, table, chair). You'll also have "small stuff that can be thrown" (water bottles, computer modem) and "large stuff that can be thrown" (TV, microwave, breastplate).

Are you rather looking for a list of items that could be effective weapons in combat, instead? Most tools do not make effective weapons, precisely because they're intended to be used repeatedly in controlled conditions. Weight and balance are a secondary concern to durability. Almost every weapon has a tool it is based off. There's knives, cleavers, machetes, hammers, sledges, bats, crowbars, threshing flails, sickles, scythes, pitchforks, hoes, shovels, smithing hammers, pitons, picks, ice axes, and lots of other tools out there.

Debihuman
2014-04-30, 04:49 AM
All are improvised weapons see SRD improvised weapons:

Improvised Weapons
Sometimes objects not crafted to be weapons nonetheless see use in combat. Because such objects are not designed for this use, any creature that uses one in combat is considered to be nonproficient with it and takes a -4 penalty on attack rolls made with that object. To determine the size category and appropriate damage for an improvised weapon, compare its relative size and damage potential to the weapon list to find a reasonable match. An improvised weapon scores a threat on a natural roll of 20 and deals double damage on a critical hit. An improvised thrown weapon has a range increment of 10 feet.

You could simply rule that being hit by a cast-iron skillet is like being hit with a light mace and a baseball bat is the same as a Medium Club and rolling pin is a Small club.

Here was one interpretation of improvised weapons:http://scratchpad.wikia.com/wiki/REd20_Improvised_Weapons

Debby

Hytheter
2014-04-30, 08:38 AM
What I don't get about the ipmrovised weapons is the proficiency thing. Like a Crowbar would really be 20% less likely to hit than a regular club.

Beelzebub1111
2014-04-30, 09:46 AM
What I don't get about the ipmrovised weapons is the proficiency thing. Like a Crowbar would really be 20% less likely to hit than a regular club.

Because a crowbar was designed balanced and gripped to open things, not hit people.

EarlGraye
2019-08-17, 07:28 PM
While this is not unique I considered it an unusual weapon when a character with the gladiator background in my campaign suggested it. Would appreciate any input on what we came up with:

Bat'leth

Type: Weapon
Subtype: Unusual
Rarity: Unique

Cost: 25g
Weight: 10lb

Damage: 1d6 slashing
Properties: Finesse, two-handed

Description:
This weapon resembles two scimitars whose hilts have been connected creating one long blade with a curve on each end and hilts in the middle. It requires two hands to wield.

Using an attack action; the wielder has the following options:

Make two (2) attacks for 1d6 slashing damage each
Make one (1) attack for 1d6 damage and gain +2 to AC until the beginning of their next turn using the weapon to parry incoming attacks.