PDA

View Full Version : [BitPR2] Extra Episode 10: Trial By Storm

Dorizzit
2014-04-29, 08:19 PM
[Hueco Mundo]
The Wastes

This part of Hueco Mundo's vast area is far to the north of Las Noches, well outside of the territory that is firmly under the control of Las Noches. Despite this, not a single Hollow allows its presence to be felt. Even in the untamed realms of the dead desert, news has a strange way of circulating, and most have heard of the deadly squads of Hollows that walk like Shinigami, who hunt down any in their path. Those who escape are few; those who do not are taken, never to be seen again. Thus, does the White City's power check even the most brash Hollows when a strange, but notable energy signature enters the plane; a single, potent human. This would mean prey in a better time, but now it means is uncertainty. In these times, uncertainty all too often means death.

Of course, even if the source of the signature in question hadn't been protected by paranoia, he would have been by the tall Arrancar devoid of presence who stands beside him as they enter through a Garganta. Jehoel immediately blurs away from Tamaki's side, reappearing atop one of the nearby dunes. This section of Hueco Mundo is particularly uneven, creating massive dunes that stretch for hundreds of feet into the sky. Raising one finger above his head, Jehoel fires a weak but visible Cero into the thin clouds above, which quickly reseal after its passing.

This is a prearranged signal to the two others present in the area: Kyoki and Valentina, the Cuatra and Sexta Espadas. They should already be here, but sometimes, things happen...

AnimeKid
2014-05-03, 01:55 PM
Hueco Mundo
The Wastes

Tamaki looked over the endless dunes as he stood beside Jehoel Yurius. Tamaki had been acclimating to the air of Hueco Mundo. Almost too well. There was a feeling of power here. His powers felt like they were more powerful the longer he stayed here. Did it have something to do with the fact that this world was abundant with spiritual matter and energy? He would have to ask Jehoel later. After all it was worth investigating. As he looked over to the being that he was currently thinking about Tamaki saw him take off at high speed. No that's not the word for it. It was more like felt. He knew that Jehoel had moved even though to Tamaki's eyes he simply disappeared and reappeared on top of a massive dune, appearing to almost teleport. As he fired off a weak Cero Tamaki thought about all the things in the world that were stronger than him at the moment, both this one and the one he came from. He could almost feel a storm brewing especially with all the people with powers showing up. Not to mention that Shinigami Alice. He would need to be prepared.

__________________________________________________ ______________________

Seeing the Cero go off Kyoki's thought's were far more simple. She saw the signal so she went to Jehoel's location. As she did she couldn't help but think about their alliance with the Shinigami. She wasn't quite sure how to handle it but Jehoel seemed willing to go along with what they proposed. It could indeed lead to an easier life for them while keeping the way of life they had. She didn't fully understand all of the complicated stuff but she did know that this was a good thing for them no matter how uncomfortable it made her. Kyoki dropped out of her Sonido a few feet from Jehoel. She nodded to him before her eyes spotted a blonde human boy. Her confused face said it all to Jehoel.

5a Violista
2014-05-25, 03:10 AM
[Hueco Mundo]
The Wastes

Valentina, La Sexta Espada, feels the Cero fire into the air. There. That's the signal. She was wondering when it would happen.

She races towards where Jehoel and Tamaki - and now Kyoki - are. Tamaki - he's that kid who came with Mikael, isn't he? If so, then he's got to be pretty interesting, as well. Possibly trustworthy? Valentina thinks as she arrives, her thoughts running just as fast as her legs ran. "Jehoel. Kyoki. Hello."

"Remind me what we'll be doing here, please."

Dorizzit
2014-05-25, 11:09 AM
[Hueco Mundo]
The Wastes

Jehoel projects, allowing his voice to easily be heard despite the large gap between himself and the other three. Despite how loud it is, his voice still sounds like the quiet, neutral tone it always does.

"Simple, Valentina. We are here to learn. About ourselves, the world, and the people around us. Tell me, Kyoki, Valentina, Tamaki. Why do you all fight?"

5a Violista
2014-05-27, 06:03 PM
[The Wastes]

Valentina takes a moment to respond, to think. Why does she fight? Mikael coming and the alteration and incessant speaking by the many once-Sin Rostro has forced her to reflect quite a bit. A lot, even.

"I fight because I can't trust others enough," she says. Then, she explains, "I don't trust anything to do what I want unless I fight for it. This necessity makes me...fear. The only way to take care of the fear is to fight harder."

AnimeKid
2014-05-31, 07:27 PM
The Wastes

Kyoki waved in a slightly nervous manner to Valentina when she arrived. Aparrently she was still a little unnerved by the human in their midst. Then again it didn't take much to unnerve Kyoki. AT the very least she had gotten better about acting on her feelings of it. Tamaki himself gave a polite bow to the newest Arrancar to show up. When Jehoel asks his question Both Kyoki and Tamaki must think for a while before they answer. When they finally have them Kyoki goes first.

"Well, for me I fight to get stronger. I don't know how to handle a lot of things, but I fight to get stronger so that I can change. I do get really sick of jumping at shadows. I get tired of being unable to ever properly look at newcomers. If I get strong enough I don't have to worry about stuff like that."

Tamaki really wondered about how this woman could fear him when she could conceivably crush him like an ant. Maybe it was just a personality quirk. Still it was his turn so he should speak up.

"Well then. If I am to be honest I truthfully don't have a good reason to be fighting. While it is true that where I come from I and one of the seemingly few who can protect the people where I live, the fact of the matter is that I am only one part of the whole. Possibly not even a significant one. I realize that if I truly wanted I could probably do my best to live a normal life and let the others there handle it. Or even let those handle it whose job is to do so. However to truly achieve this the principle of 'out of sight, out of mind' is almost inherently necessary. So if I had to give a reason that I fight it boils down to basic and selfish concepts even if I do have benign intentions. 'I don't want to feel useless when I can see what is happening', 'I don't want want to see something happen that I could have prevented', and 'I want to protect that which is most important to me'."

Dorizzit
2014-06-01, 12:01 AM
Jehoel snorts.

"Those are idiotic reasons to risk your lives."

Without warning, Jehoel releases his power. At its base, being hit with the Reiatsu of a stronger opponent is similar to experiencing a powerful fight-or-flight instinct. Paralyzing fear and inherent understanding of one's absolute inferiority is the first stage. Widen the gap a little more, and it becomes closer to a panic attack. The urge to simply lay down and accept the inevitable fate of death becomes overwhelming, even as conscious thought all but shuts down. At the highest degree of separation, it can even cause physical symptoms, such as a heart attacks or death. Most powerful Reiatsu also comes with a secondary sensation appropriate to the spirit or medium in question.

This case is rather unusual.

For Valentina and Kyoki, the experience is much different from any Reiatsu they have felt before. Rather than overwhelming rational thought, the fear effect generated by Jehoel's Reiatsu is so potent that it almost weakens the impact, effectively burning out the brain's ability to feel fear. The fear never leaves, entirely, just becomes so strong that it gives way to an odd sort of serenity. Worse, however, is the crushing, physical sensation that accompanies the taste of Jehoel's power. It's like being submerged in the ocean without warning, a crushing, cold pressure seeming to push down on the body from every direction. They can, at least, breathe despite the sense of water. If they pay particular attention, they might be able to tell that Jehoel is holding back, at least a little.

For Tamaki, however, being exposed to Jehoel's Reiatsu is entirely different. The fear, the panic; this is overwhelming, but biggest threat comes, once again, from the aquatic nature of Jehoel's Reiatsu. Specifically, he will immediately begin experiencing what he may or may not recognize as drowning. Breathing will become almost impossible, as his lungs seem heavy and full of liquid. Unless he can focus and counter with his own Reiatsu, he will swiftly fall unconscious.

"The time has come for you to become stronger. This is your first test. Survive."

Jehoel blurs behind Valentina, quickly putting her in a painful hold unless she dodges.

"You've trapped yourself in an unbreakable loop. Where does it end? Being so strong you cannot be betrayed...that isn't trust. Believe me, I know. It's arrogance. Trusting someone means willingly giving them the power to hurt you. You can paint it with pretty words and flee from the truth, but this simple fact remains. You're good at running, though, aren't you? That's all you ever do. You ran from the wastes to Las Noches, and you run from ambiguity by fighting. Then you fear that, so you run from your fear by fighting harder. Even your desire to grow stronger is just running away from your own weakness. Where does it end? When is it enough? You can't seek some nebulous pinnacle where no one can harm you because that doesn't exist."

If Jehoel managed to catch her earlier, he dislocates her arm and blurs away. Otherwise, he maintains a brutal flurry of blows while he speaks before vanishing.

5a Violista
2014-06-02, 05:13 PM
Valentina

The reiatsu is so crushing. Valentina can hardly move - although it's probably all in her head. Maybe. It's crushing, and there's no way to go.

It was probably because of this feeling that she couldn't dodge Jehoel fast enough. She can't get away from the hold, no matter how hard she struggles to pull away. She tells herself that she could've gotten away under different circumstances...

"I already know that," she responds through her teeth as he speaks.

As her arm is dislocated, pain escapes her lips. "But knowing isn't everything."

AnimeKid
2014-06-03, 12:49 PM
Kyoki's eyes widened as she felt the depths of Jehoel's power. Her knees started shaking as her fear started to get to her. She was more susceptible than others. On the other hand unlike other Arrancar her fear typically made her more dangerous.

'Jehoel-sama is so strong, too strong, too strong for me. I don't know how to deal with this. But Jehoel-sama wants me to deal with this. I don't know how, I DON'T KNOW HOW! I don't want to deal with this. I want to get stronger though. Gotta think, gotta think fast. He'll come after me after he's done with Valentina'

Kyoki's thoughts went at a mile per minute as she tried to fight her fear. Meanwhile Tamaki had a similar yet different problem to deal with. He had known about Jehoel's strength and how he could crush him like a grape. However he hadn't that that just the Arrancar's aura or spiritual pressure would be enough to do the same. It literally felt that like he was being crushed by the depths of the ocean. However it wasn't the pressure that was the true danger to him right now. It was the fact that he was going through the symptoms of drowning. His mind did it's best to focus, even as his brain started to stop receiving the life giving oxygen it needed. He knew it was related to the Arrancar's Reiatsu but was unsure of how to counter it. That is until he thought about his power and went out on a limb. Using the power he used to transform Tamaki donned his Red Joker armor. As his helmet donned itself Tamaki started to breath easier thanks to his power more freely flowing at the helmet itself allowing Tamaki to better breath thanks to the nature of how it helped to filter Reiatsu. It was mainly a built in feature to better help him deal with any hollow's that used poison gas abilities. However this was also an acceptable application. Now he needed to focus on trying to move

Dorizzit
2014-06-03, 07:08 PM
Kyoki, as it turns out, is entirely correct. Jehoel reappears in front of her, and simply stalks forward, expecting her to back away.

"You want to grow stronger because you're afraid? Ridiculous. Fear isn't rational. It isn't something you can fight off with strength. You are Espada. The Cuarta. Do you think you fear because you lack strength? A newcomer to Las Noches couldn't fight you. I'd be surprised if a given one could even stand near your released form. Do you think that seizing even more power for yourself will make a difference? Strength will not solve your problems. Your fear will grow in proportion until one day you snap, unable to take it anymore."

Jehoel punctuates this by driving his fist into Kyoki's gut, unless she does something unexpected.

AnimeKid
2014-06-04, 05:34 PM
Kyoki indeed did start backing away as Jehoel came towards her. In the Arrancar of Madness' defense, there were plenty of beings that would take the same action with Jehoel advancing on them and not bothering to suppress his power. As the Primera spoke Kyoki would start seeing the truth in his words, every syllable shattering her naivete about her reason to acquiring strength. When punched in the gut Kyoki bent over the fist, the power behind it driving the breath from her lungs. However Kyoki was only one part of who she was. Her soul split but not completely, not cleanly. Two beings, totally different, yet one in the same. Neither could exist without the other. That was the intriguing coexistence that Jehoel was reminded of when out of Kyoki's back sprang her partner and Zanpakuto, Ragunaroku. The second being residing with the Cuarta had just about had enough of Jehoel and came from his resting place, a ball of energy in his hands. Thrusting his hand forth Ragunaroku called upon their energy to use their best skill.

"Cero!!!"

It was most likely futile. However Ragunaroku had never let something like that stop him before. Which was why he act as though the powerful purple beam had more than a snowball's chance.

Dorizzit
2014-06-04, 05:44 PM
Jehoel's hand snaps up, intercepting the Cero. After a few seconds of pressure, the Primera Espada simply shoves the blast aside, aiming towards Valentina. With his other hand, he rushes forward and grabs Ragnarok's throat.

"And you? Why do you fight? Loyalty? Self-preservation? Entertainment?"

AnimeKid
2014-06-04, 06:36 PM
Being made of the black blood substance that made up Kyoki's Heirro being choked was a new feeling to Ragunaroku. Normally no Arrancar would be able to exert enough force on him to make such a thing happen. However Jehoel was no ordinary Arrancar. Although he might be a bit surprised to find he would need to exert more effort than he would think to achieve the fact. With both hands Ragunaroku grabbed at the arm that was choking him, trying to remove it as he did not like the feeling.

You want to know why I fight Jack@ss! *cack* Yeah, it's because my life is tied to this pathetic woman in a way. However if I wasn't around she might not have even made it this far. Kyoki is always talking about how she can't handle this or that *gasp* and its annoying! So I try to toughen her up for her own sake as well. As you can see it's a slow process. So if your done with 20 questions why do you fight wiseguy?!"

Impertinent. Perhaps it is not so surprising if you consider that he is everything Kyoki isn't. Indeed, perhaps you could say that it was almost expected. If these two could find some sort of harmony then they could be a truly feared being.

Dorizzit
2014-06-05, 12:36 AM
Jehoel pulls Ragnarok in closer, until their faces are mere inches from each other.

"For the same reason I do anything. Because. I. Can."

Pushing down, he slams Kyoki and Ragnarok into the ground before blurring away so that he is equidistant from the three others.

"Unfortunately, my usual methods of training aren't going to suffice here. I'm changing the rules. For every open wound I have in three minutes, one of you gets to survive. Go."

Unlike before, he stands still and waits for the others to come to him.

5a Violista
2014-06-06, 06:55 PM
As the Cero is redirected at Valentina, she decides there's not enough time to move out of the way, so she tries to catch it with her non-dislocated hand. Luckily, though, this is her specialization: something that she's really good at.

(I'm going to say it was the left arm that was dislocated 'cause that's her stronger arm and it makes sense that Jehoel would dislocate that one if it's training time.)

The Cero is caught and absorbed, but she didn't return it. Instead, the energy began leaking out of her arm and burning off into the atmosphere.

After Jehoel makes his ultimatum, Valentina makes the first move. She points her right arm at Jehoel, and fires a Cero at him: the Cero Doble. First, the remaining energy from Ragunaroku (that which hasn't bled off yet) fires at Jehoel, followed up immediately by a crimson energy.

She doesn't advance, at this moment; her arm's still dislocated. She tries to relocate it by stretching. Hurts, but necessary to use her katana. She winces from the pain, then draws her katana.

AnimeKid
2014-06-10, 09:22 AM
Tamaki still panted a little from Jehoel's Reiatsu but he was rapidly acclimating. So the first thing he did was what he always did, watch. He observed, doing his best with his own senses and the read outs from his armors sensors to try to keep track of Jehoel. Find a pattern, a whole that they could take advantage of. Especially since Tamaki knew that Jehoel knew that if he was truly taking this seriously then three minutes would not be enough.

Kyoki after recovering from where Jehoel slammed her and Ragunaroku into the desert sands. As she stood her knees were shaking at the pure power she felt from being up close to Jehoel. Still, upon hearing Jehoel's ultimatum she had to fight. Transforming Ragunaroku into his broadsword form, she then proceeded to cut the palm of her hand, her black blood leaking onto the blade and gathering in a small sphere at the tip of it. As Valentina takes the time to fire her Cero Doble she takes the time to charge up a surprise of her own. Kyoki and Ragunaroku began funneling obscene amounts of Reiatsu into the small black sphere of blood at the tip of the blade, Ragunaroku taking charge of manipulating and shaping it. After Valentina had finished her attack and Kyoki had seen Jehoel's reaction she would be ready as the energy charge reached it's peak and the duo realeased it at once in a burst of power. A huge torrent of energy would shoot towards Jehoel in the shape of a dragons maw. Their Gran Rey Cero.

Dorizzit
2014-06-10, 05:52 PM
Jehoel throws out his hand once more to catch the Cero Doble, this time struggling with it visibly. He is pushed back several feet by the blast, and by the end of it, the flesh of his hand and arm are lightly scorched.

"Good. Turn your enemy's strengths into your own."

When Kyoki launches her Gran Rey Cero at him, Jehoel crosses both arms in front of his face to block it. This one blows him completely off of his feet, tumbling away before rolling into a crouch. He stands, his right arm now bleeding profusely from a massive wound running its length. He seems almost completely unbothered by the horrible wound.

"Never let up. Strike down your opponent without mercy. Cover your allies as they recover."

Jehoel suddenly bursts forward, trying to drive his foot into Kyoki's face. Within a heartbeat, he then launches Cero at Valentina.

5a Violista
2014-06-17, 05:46 PM
Valentina watches as Jehoel's Cero sails towards her. It seems like it's coming in slow motion, as if nothing could move slower. She holds her arms out and prepares to catch this one as well. It shouldn't be hard; after all, this is one of the things she's good at.

Then, doubt casts its shadow across her. Can she really do it? This is Jehoel's Cero. It's powerful. It's too powerful. How can she do it? If she tries and fails, then what? She tries to move out of the way even as it still approaches. As slow as it appears to approach, it still comes faster than she can move. Her feet dig into the sand, and the Cero hits her right arm. It burns her arm, the blast knocks her down, and - almost fortuitously - her arm absorbs much of the energy.

The absorbed energy, now uncontrolled, tries to burst out of her arm. It feels like it's exploding from the inside out. Almost like what happened with that Yasunobu Captain all over again. Panic grips her. No, no, not again. Not right now.

AnimeKid
2014-06-19, 07:34 AM
Valentina watches as Jehoel's Cero sails towards her. It seems like it's coming in slow motion, as if nothing could move slower. She holds her arms out and prepares to catch this one as well. It shouldn't be hard; after all, this is one of the things she's good at.

Then, doubt casts its shadow across her. Can she really do it? This is Jehoel's Cero. It's powerful. It's too powerful. How can she do it? If she tries and fails, then what? She tries to move out of the way even as it still approaches. As slow as it appears to approach, it still comes faster than she can move. Her feet dig into the sand, and the Cero hits her right arm. It burns her arm, the blast knocks her down, and - almost fortuitously - her arm absorbs much of the energy.

The absorbed energy, now uncontrolled, tries to burst out of her arm. It feels like it's exploding from the inside out. Almost like what happened with that Yasunobu Captain all over again. Panic grips her. No, no, not again. Not right now.

Kyoki was knocked back by Jehoel's kick, simply outsped by the man and surprised at being his first target. She thought he would go after Valentina with a physical attack first since she seemed to be able to absorb Cero's. Especially since she absorbed one of Ragunaroku's Cero's. After all the specialized in Cero's and their's were very powerful. The wound on Jehoel's arm was a testament to that. Quickly she tried to right herself and dashed for with a Sonido, slashing at Jehoel with her sword vibrating from Ragunaroku's screams.

Tamaki meanwhile was able to move well enough now. However he still wasn't up to his full speed. Still it could not wait since his armor's sensors picked up the massive amount of uncontrolled energy in Valentina's arm. Running over to her as fast as he could Tamaki called out to her.

"Valentina, you need to get that energy under control, it will go haywire soon if you don't. You need to calm down and control it. I saw you do it once you can do it again. You need to use the energy like a circuit. Bleed off the excess with your right arm and control the trimmed down energy and fire it from your left! That will keep the energy from bursting from your arm and damaging it!"

Dorizzit
2014-06-20, 03:28 AM
Jehoel dodges to the side of Kyoki's slash, then vanishes and reappears next to Tamaki and Valentina. He spares a casual glance at Tamaki.

"I am the teacher here."

With an almost gentle seeming motion, he places a hand on Tamaki chest and shoves him hard enough to send him ten feet before he touches the ground again. There won't be any significant injury, but Tamaki is definitely going to feel that in the morning. Jehoel turns his full attention to Valentina, grabbing her afflicted arm.

"Look at me. Look me in the eyes. Focus. Now listen to me. A battle lost in the mind is a loss your body will make real. The Cero Doble is your power. A power made to kill Hollows. To take from them their greatest killing tool and turn it back against them, stronger than before. I am a Hollow. A powerful one, yes, but no different from any other. If you absorbed it, you have already mastered it. It is only a matter of exerting this mastery. You can control this power. Do it."

5a Violista
2014-06-24, 10:00 AM
Valentina's arm is grabbed, but still in pain. "It's one thing to say it and quite another to do it," she says between gritted teeth.

Even so, she looks up and focuses on La Primera Espada's eyes. It helps to focus on something: makes it easier to ignore how much it hurts. Concentrating, she does bleed off a little bit of energy out of her left hand, just to make room for her own Cero. The energy stops pushing out as she controls the enrgy, then she fires a crimson Cero again out of her afflicted arm.

"Thanks," she says to both Jehoel and Tamaki.

Well, the timer's still going down and they still have to wound Jehoel twice.

Dorizzit
2014-06-24, 10:45 PM
"It's one thing to say it and quite another to do it."
"No. It isn't. Our powers come from the mind, heart, and soul. With sufficient will, anything is possible, as you just demonstrated. That said, simply bleeding off the Cero when your target was directly in front of you was incredibly foolish."

Jehoel punctuates this by grabbing Valentina by the neck and casually tossing her at Tamaki.

"Honestly. I don't usually give openings like that, and you just wasted it."

Of course, Jehoel has had his back to Kyoki for quite some time, now.