PDA

View Full Version : Weapon Focused Classes

Morof Stonehands
2014-04-29, 09:43 PM
Hey all,

I'm looking for some kinds of base classes and prestige classes that focus on making your weapon better. For example, the two I've found so far:

Kensai (CW) - Signature Weapon, makes your weapon super awesome

Hammer of Moradin (PGtF) - All the bane bonuses and the throwing and returning properties are like free enhancements.

So are there any other classes that do similar things, either through actually improving your weapon, or giving enhancements without actually putting them on your weapon?

Grayson01
2014-04-29, 09:47 PM
SoulKnife
Spirte Shaman

StormLord

Edit Ranged Weapons: Arcane Archer gets Free +X to all bows
Oh and Deep Woods Sniper has some as well

Edit: Shinning Blade of X

Red Fel
2014-04-29, 09:53 PM
Ironsoul Forgemaster. You can invest essentia into your weapon to give it a bonus on damage rolls, and the ability to daze enemies on-hit. You can also invest in your armor and shield for other benefits. Check my sig!

Grayson01
2014-04-29, 09:58 PM
I forgot Soulbow the PRC for the Soulknife

and there was also a Pyromancy PrC for teh Soulknife in I think the Complete Psyonic.

Irk
2014-04-29, 10:00 PM
Incarnum Blade and Shining Blade of Heironeous
Quite honestly, any good build will have at least 3 levels of both the above PrCs.

EDIT: ninja'd on the Shining Blade.

Doc_Maynot
2014-04-30, 09:36 AM
Arcane Duelist gives a pseudo-enhancement bonus on a weapon when you wield it.

Vaz
2014-04-30, 09:42 AM
Anointed Knight recieves some benefits to its weapon. The major one is the only RAW way to give your magic weapon sentience, something that's otherwise down to DM-agreement. The class itself is pretty weak however recieving a couple of minor benefits.

Callin
2014-04-30, 09:49 AM
One level of OA Samurai

Doc_Maynot
2014-04-30, 09:55 AM
Anointed Knight recieves some benefits to its weapon. The major one is the only RAW way to give your magic weapon sentience, something that's otherwise down to DM-agreement. The class itself is pretty weak however recieving a couple of minor benefits.

The item familiar feat does that too.

Morof Stonehands
2014-04-30, 10:14 AM
The Shining Blade and Incarnum blade are really neat.

Stormlord is also the kind of things I was looking for. Awesome!

Are there any others?

Vaz
2014-04-30, 10:42 AM
The item familiar feat does that too.

True. But point me to a sane DM who knows what Item Familiars are capable of who'll just grant it to one character, but not give it to another. Item Familiar is one of those variant rules which works best if everyone is able to take advantage of; either by removing the 3rd level feat from the game, or simply just stating that each character has an item familiar it's THAT broken.