PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Ed Looking to make 3.5 Grimlock Barb

Bobduh_Builder
2014-04-29, 10:28 PM
Been while since i played DnD, let alone the 3.5 version, Me and couple real life friends we're looking to set up a campaign this weekend.. We're all rolling classes and races now.. I was reading the underdark book, came across grimlock race.. i was like, oh this sounds neat.. so im getting ready to build my character..... Im thinking that this is gonna be a easy build, only reading the level 2 adjustment... Which isnt all that bad, as im making my character, i came across the extra hit dice i get for being a Grimlock, which is like 2d8 extra.. Since that benefit, my buddy is trying to tell me i have a ECL of 5 because i am level 1 barb, level 2 Grimlock, with level adjustment of 2.... is he right? does the extra 2 racial hit dice make me ECL of 5???? when in the books it says nothing of a Grimlock being a plus 4, just a plus 2

CrazyYanmega
2014-04-30, 03:29 AM
Effective Character Level factors in three things. Character levels, Racial Hitdice, and Level Adjustment. A level 1 Grimlock Barbarian would indeed be ECL 5.

Another example would be a Rakshasa. 7 racial hitdice, Level adjustment 7, and one level in sorcerer. A Rakshasa's ECL would be 15.

Bobduh_Builder
2014-04-30, 10:57 AM
dam, thanks man... hopefully the DM can work something out