PDA

View Full Version : Foot, meet mouth. Mouth, this is foot.

Dareon
2007-02-10, 05:43 PM
We've got a few threads going here and there for the awesome or funny things that have been said during campaigns, but the embarrassing things aren't very well represented. Sharing is good. *nods*

Situation: On a subquest to break the hold of a drought on this desert town we're visiting:
Party member: "By the gods, it's hot."
Me: "Yes, but it's a dry heat."
Everyone around the table stopped and GLARED at me. It actually took me a moment to realize what I'd said.

Situation: Another campaign, this one a world covered in perpetual rain, some of which is bad evil naughty rain.
DM: You notice something as the rain picks up - it holds an odd texture, and is as black as night.
Ninja: I throw kunai at it.
Rest of party: ...:smallconfused:
The same player later asked what the weather was like. Both times he appeared suitably embarrassed.

J_Muller
2007-02-10, 06:08 PM
Dry heat?

...I don't get it... but I think I should...:smallfrown:

Inyssius Tor
2007-02-10, 06:11 PM
Well, it's a drought, so the whole plot was about how to make everything less dry.

Ishkahl
2007-02-10, 06:18 PM
Situation: Our party talking to a town official who was warning us about trouble ahead that might overwhelm us
Me: Don't worry, we've pulled out before
Party: *stares* ... *laughter*

I of course was referring to getting ourselves out of jams, it just didn't come out right (no puns)

ShneekeyTheLost
2007-02-10, 06:19 PM
Dry heat?

...I don't get it... but I think I should...:smallfrown:

Clearly, you don't live in the midwestern part of America. This is one of those things that are often said, and often gets people upset. Rather like saying 'Hot enough for ya' in Arizona in August in the middle of the worst heat wave on record... where temperatures easily get over 110F (that's over 42C, for non-americans) in the shade.

Saph
2007-02-10, 06:24 PM
" . . . So can we go now?"

Said by my enchantress in our Forgotten Realms game to a giant courtyard full of angry orcs, after we'd just killed their leader in a challenge battle.

From a Star Wars game:

We'd escaped from an Imperial attack with a lot of laser-scar souveniers. I later found out that these laser scars were really, really obviously from Imperial TIE fighters. We landed on another Imperial planet and the duty officer looked askance at us and asked where the damage had come from. My answer: "An asteroid hit us." They weren't impressed.

Also from the Star Wars game:

"We were looking for a resteraunt." - Explanation given by two PCs when asked by a group of unfriendly stormtroopers why they were snooping around the perimeter of a secret military base in the middle of the barren wilderness.

These are more silly than embarassing, but they were pretty funny at the time.

- Saph

ShneekeyTheLost
2007-02-10, 06:28 PM
Also from the Star Wars game:

"We were looking for a resteraunt." - Explanation given by two PCs when asked by a group of unfriendly stormtroopers why they were snooping around the perimeter of a secret military base in the middle of the barren wilderness.

These are more silly than embarassing, but they were pretty funny at the time.

- Saph

Ahh, my response was:

"Ahh, hello there my good man. My name is Neeman Needermyre from Neeman, Neeman, and Neeman's, and boy do I have a deal for you! I have here a collection of the newest Encyclopedia Empirica for the LOW LOW price..."

That was about when the stormtroopers opened fire. I guess they don't like door to door salesmen either...

Thomas
2007-02-10, 06:55 PM
You fools! You should've gone with "I'm selling these fine leather jackets..."

Khantalas
2007-02-10, 07:03 PM
Then followed by: "Look! A three headed Wookiee!"

NecroPaladin
2007-02-10, 08:04 PM
EDIT: Have removed this thingie, gonna start new thread with it.

The Glyphstone
2007-02-10, 08:35 PM
Then followed by: "Look! A three headed Wookiee!"

"But since Wookies don't live on Endor, you have to let me go!"