PDA

View Full Version : Eurovision Song Contest.

Maryring
2007-02-10, 06:02 PM
"Ah, Van a bailar con migo. Let's dance the night away."

The time for the Eurovison Song Contest, the greatest musical contest of all times spanning an entire continent, and then some more, is approaching swiftly. The 10th of May will the showdown be, when the continent of Europe judges the winner of this marvelous contest.

This day, or rather yesterday by only five minutes, the song "Van a bailar con migo" won the Norwegian finals. And this year, I am feeling good about this contest.

You see, this year, the show has been really inspired. Spanning many interesting songs, our finals this year had everything, and I mean Everything. And we have chosen to let Latino represent us this year.

It will be interesting to see what surprises the other countries will pull out of the magical hat, but it is bound to be fun. The Norwegian Eurovision Song Contest has been the greatest in all my time, so give us your best. I promise that Norway will not be a pushover.

Now sing with me

"Van a bailar con migo. Let's dance the night away. Let's feel the heat, feel the beat. Dance with me."

Dihan
2007-02-10, 06:06 PM
The UK entry will suck as usual.

Timberwolf
2007-02-10, 06:06 PM
EUROVISION !!!!!

I LOVES IT !!!!

Terry Wogan (the British commentator) makes it all worthwhile.

BRING IT ON !!!

Shadow of the Sun
2007-02-10, 06:07 PM
I wonder if Finland will win again, or if any of the countries will follow the Lordi equation and send hard rock/metal bands?

Dihan
2007-02-10, 06:15 PM
Hopefully they will.

Arang
2007-02-10, 06:43 PM
The UK entry will suck as usual.

I thought the British purposely voted for the sucky entries every year.

Timberwolf
2007-02-10, 07:04 PM
Yep, another reason to watch Eurovision

Will we get nul points again

Khantalas
2007-02-10, 07:08 PM
Turkey will again bring a half-Turkish half-English all-abomination thing to the mix.

I think.

Seriously though, the song two years ago was disasterous. I was ashamed of being represented by that.

Gygaxphobia
2007-02-10, 07:17 PM
Terry Wogan (the British commentator) makes it all worthwhile.

I thought the British purposely voted for the sucky entries every year.

Quoted for truth!

...Let's see what the Balkan politics throw up this year, will that be 12 points for Russia if you want gas this winter?
... how rude can Cyprus be about Turkey?
... how rude can Terry be about the French?

hurrah!

Lord of the Helms
2007-02-11, 07:32 AM
I wonder if Finland will win again, or if any of the countries will follow the Lordi equation and send hard rock/metal bands?

They're sending a good band in (certainly far better musically than Lordi), but I doubt they'll win.

Sampi
2007-02-11, 07:35 AM
Finland won once. Pigs fly only once in a man's lifetime.

Prediction for this year: Finland: no points.

I do hope we get good entries from all participants, though.

Shadow of the Sun
2007-02-11, 07:38 AM
What band and what style, might I ask?

bosssmiley
2007-02-11, 09:20 AM
I shall, of course, be voting for whichever entry is most rawk! *mosh, mosh, mosh* :smallcool:

PRO-TIP: watch out for the Baltic entries (Lith. Lat. and especially Estonia). They always seem to mine an inspired vein of musical and stylistic lunacy.

Arang
2007-02-11, 05:12 PM
Anybody remember that hilarious act where an old woman showed up out of nowhere and started banging on a drum? That was great.

Lord of the Helms
2007-02-12, 05:42 AM
What band and what style, might I ask?

Thunderstone, Melodic Power Metal. Pretty similar to Stratovarius. Fun band, excellent live (ironically I saw them on the same night as Lordi. Thunderstone kicked Lordi's dressed-up butts by a pretty large degree :smallcool:).

Sampi
2007-02-12, 05:46 AM
@ arang: true that, that was one of the high moments of said contest.

Om
2007-02-12, 06:12 AM
Best Eurovision song (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vKqEU6jlNw) ever

Shadow of the Sun
2007-02-12, 06:24 AM
I have some Thunderstone stuff, I wasn't overly impressed. They are good, surely, but something just wasn't there.

BrokenButterfly
2007-02-12, 10:16 AM
The UK always seems to vote for some substandard ballady thing, we tried something weird last year and we certainly did better than usual.

Of Terry knows it all sucks, so it's just fun to hear his cynical phrases in his lovely dulcet tones. Makes life worthwhile, like using a marshmallow for a pillow...

waspsmakejam
2007-02-12, 08:53 PM
Ah yes, Moldova 2005 and the Superstar Drumming Granny - fond memorieshttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksJEGApQNCI

I think this year's Eurovision will be wonderful, thanks to Lordi. Just like Abba, they've given the competition a badly needed kick up the bottom. They were wonderful entrants who ticked every single box requried for win in the 21st centruy AND brought a whole new set of viewers to the contest.

Dear Rock Fans, please consider voting for Andorra. Without Lordi, there's no way they'd have selected their act for this year.

Anonymous are a punk rock band and they are really young lads, eldest is 19. Its a great opportunity for them, but I worry how on earth such an inexperienced act are going to cope with the media circus let alone the technical side of a television performance (especially miming) Here they are looking terribly scared on Andorran news when their selection (no national vote in Andorra) was announced. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bfx7r_QeHn8

Okay, I haven't heard the song yet. And I recommend you ignore the other youtubes, after all they won't be playing live and they'll have rehearsed and stuff. Check out their myspace site, that sounds erm ... not that bad ... look, in my dreams its going to be like the end of Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey - the band are currently off up a mountain growing beards (not sure they all can yet) and getting good.

Otherwise I quite like Moldova's and the Netherlands entry. I think Romania's might pick up a lot of votes with the mix of languages plus the eastern sound. But my favourite so far is Denmark, absolutely fabulous darling.