PDA

View Full Version : Stone Death Assassin Adaptation

GutterFace
2014-05-01, 10:47 AM
In the entry for Stone Death assassin there is a stub for adaptation for the class.

i was planning on playing an Air Goblin Rogue going into the class. does anyone have any previous experience or knowledge or ideas for an "Air Death Assassin" adaptation?

Zombulian
2014-05-01, 10:54 AM
In the entry for Stone Death assassin there is a stub for adaptation for the class.

i was planning on playing an Air Goblin Rogue going into the class. does anyone have any previous experience or knowledge or ideas for an "Air Death Assassin" adaptation?

Hmm. Maybe instead of Meld into Stone as a spell like ability you could have fly/invisibility.
The more I tried to adapt it the more it just sort of seemed to become way more powerful than Stone Death. I mean, if you could Hide In Plain Sight any time your were flying that could get pretty dumb.
Not sure how Stonedeath Strike and Corrupt Stone would be translated.

weckar
2014-05-01, 10:56 AM
the prc is built around the environment the character is likely to act in. AFAIK, air goblins have no fly speed and would generally stick to similar environments as other goblins.

GutterFace
2014-05-01, 10:59 AM
Fly and Invisibility would be too powerful. and Gust of wind not very appealing.

if anyone else has a balanced idea i will collect all of them and possibly at some point start a Stone Death Assassin Adaption page just for ideas.

weckar
2014-05-01, 11:01 AM
If fly is too good, how about Glide? Fits in with the archetype too.

GutterFace
2014-05-01, 11:08 AM
Glide is a good idea. does glide help with move silently?

also any thoughts on something to reduce falling damage....?

weckar
2014-05-01, 11:12 AM
That is what glide does. It completely eliminates falling damage and partially converts vertical speed into horizontal speed.

GutterFace
2014-05-01, 11:14 AM
Possibly we should just get ideas for a Shadow Death or Storm Death Assassin(s)....air may be a bit more limited?

weckar
2014-05-01, 11:17 AM
I seem to recall a Death From Above ability that would always allow sneak attacks as long as your vertical distance towards the subject exceeds the horizontal distance. No idea where I got that from, though.