PDA

View Full Version : Rules Q&A Help regarding custom weapons!

Kitsunator
2014-05-01, 07:27 PM
Bonjour playground!

First time poster, long time reader/watcher/lurker whatever you wanna call it.

So i'm farely new to d&d in general but I de believe I have a fair grasp of 3.5 in general. Also sorry for the bad grammar if any. English ain't my cup'o'tea.

Anyway, point is this, Were making a new campain, my changeling rogue died on day 2 by a coup de gras after our sorc color sprayd me. I was level 2.

So now i'm rerolling an warforged artificer (lvl 3) that wants to hit things. Now I want him to use a 2 handed bludgeoning weapon. Now I love the morningstar, that peircing AND bludgeoning is nice. But for some reason, a 2handed version of that does not exist. I know i can wield it in 2 hands, but it's still primarely a 1 handed weapon, I know i could make it large and use it in two hands, but I get a -2 penality for diffrent size weapon.

An artificer can craft things right? Then is there any rule regarding creating custom weapon? I'm only asking for a 2 handed morningstar, shoudnt be rocket science to add spikes to a greatclub, or make a maul with spikes on the side (like a 2handed meat tenderizer)

At worst I'll probably go with a spiked hammer if nothing like a 2 handed morningstar exist.

Thanks for the help!

Barbarian Horde
2014-05-01, 09:14 PM
Id treat a custom created two handed mace the same as a two handed Flail. Personally.

Morof Stonehands
2014-05-01, 10:11 PM
There is the executioner's mace, from Dungeon Magazine 135; pg. 61, 2 handed, Medium sized, 2d6 damage, critical on 20 x3 damage, deals bludgeoning and piercing, or bludgeoning and slashing, your choice.

Looks like this:

http://aslancross.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/emace.png?w=221&h=139

Kitsunator
2014-05-01, 11:25 PM
The two handed flail idea could work, but that executioner's mace look real purdy if you ask me. I'm gonna have to contact my DM tomorow morning to check this thread and the item to verify. That darn things actually sounds better then what I wanted to begin with. Huzzah! Thanks guys!

GilesTheCleric
2014-05-01, 11:49 PM
You have a few choices available: Lucerne Hammer (Drag331 24), Maquahuitl (MM4 88), Gnome Hooked Hammer (PHB), Kaua'koi (Drag352 72), and the aforementioned Executioner's Mace. The Goad also does B+P, but you can't have your steel meet steel when you hammerfall with that. There's also the Warmace in CW, but that doesn't do piercing damage.

Captnq
2014-05-02, 12:02 AM
My Sig. Get the EVD. Go to folder Combat Equipment. Look up Handbook Weapons-Shields v4.05.doc
Compare Stats with Spreadsheet Weapons-Shields Charts v4.01.xls

Have fun.

GilesTheCleric
2014-05-02, 12:31 AM
Cap'n, were you the one that made The Spell Book? I was talking about it in some other thread, and couldn't remember the author.

Chronos
2014-05-02, 08:27 AM
Wait, your first character got killed by one of your party mates? I hate to bring it up, but that really needs to be addressed somehow or another before you create a new character.

RolandDeschain
2014-05-02, 10:31 AM
If I'm not mistaken, there was an entire thread about his character's death in which the coup de grace and the color-spraying sorcerer were discussed at length.

Kitsunator
2014-05-02, 11:40 AM
AH! That was probably my DM since he started posting on the playground before me. I'll check that EVD as well as the other suggestion, I have to make him ready by sunday. Thanks for all the help guys!