PDA

View Full Version : Player Help question reguarding crusader

shadowseve
2014-05-02, 02:49 AM
I understand the movments and stances but how does the randomly chosen readied maneuvers work? who what moves are readied and what are withheld? this is kinda confusing so if someone could help me out on their randomness works and their move regeneration works I would appreciate it.

Xerlith
2014-05-02, 03:12 AM
Imagine a deck of cards. Those are your maneuvers readied. Now, when you'd be granted your maneuvers, you choose X (where X = number of maneuvers granted) random cards. You do so in subsequent rounds until you've expended the deck. Then you shuffle the cards and begin anew.

KillianHawkeye
2014-05-02, 05:41 AM
It's random. You can use cards as Xerlith suggested, or roll dice, or whichever other method of determining a random outcome you prefer.

Cicciograna
2014-05-02, 05:48 AM
Imagine a deck of cards. Those are your maneuvers readied. Now, when you'd be granted your maneuvers, you choose X (where X = number of maneuvers granted) random cards. You do so in subsequent rounds until you've expended the deck. Then you shuffle the cards and begin anew.

Actually that is a pretty good way to handle the process of granting and shuffling maneuvers. (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/we/20061225a)

FullStop
2014-05-02, 08:21 AM
Actually that is a pretty good way to handle the process of granting and shuffling maneuvers. (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/we/20061225a)

Honestly, I'd recommend it as a way to track maneuvers on any martial adept, simply having it be "in your stack is your readied pool, face up is available, facedown is expended/unavailable". That it also gives you a nice straightforward way to deal with the Crusader's maneuver-granting mechanic is just gravy.

Cicciograna
2014-05-02, 08:47 AM
Honestly, I'd recommend it as a way to track maneuvers on any martial adept, simply having it be "in your stack is your readied pool, face up is available, facedown is expended/unavailable". That it also gives you a nice straightforward way to deal with the Crusader's maneuver-granting mechanic is just gravy.

Absolutely. The fact that the maneuver cards seem to be formatted to be put in the Magic card sleeves is another hint that this is probabily a very handy way.

FullStop
2014-05-02, 08:55 AM
Absolutely. The fact that the maneuver cards seem to be formatted to be put in the Magic card sleeves is another hint that this is probabily a very handy way.

Oh man so I hadn't initially looked at your link and just assumed it described "hey write out the rules blurb on an index card", which is what I do. But that's super cool.

shadowseve
2014-05-02, 01:36 PM
thanks for the advice. Gives a bit of mystery to the class, but on the downside you'll never really know what you're have available at any given moment. Don't know if I like that or not.

John Longarrow
2014-05-02, 01:42 PM
shadowseve,

Having run both Crusaders and Warblades, you will find that if you prepare several maneuvers as a crusader that do X, odds are you will be able to do X EVERY ROUND.
For a warblade, you will have to reset your maneuvers.

Example: if you have a cleric -4 / Crusader - 1 (taken as 5th character level) you get 5 maneuvers. If 3 do extra damage and overcome DR, you will have one of those available every round.

shadowseve
2014-05-02, 01:43 PM

that is a dang good way of keeping up with them thanks for the link.