PDA

View Full Version : Dr. Sickness, theme build help

GutterFace
2014-05-02, 07:27 AM
So i got invited to play a short campaign, starts at level 3 will go until about level 8(?) if everyone sticks around

28 pts, no LA buyoff, no flaws or traits, no templates.

i wanted something interesting since we have our blasters and crushers.

i wanted to make a lock down Nauseater.

i don't know where to start...im assuming a caster like Wizard (archivist?) with Fetid Breath....but i was wondering if anyone else had some good ideas for a class(s). a puke aura would probably be best. but hey this is last minute ill take what i can get.

i want to make all enemies sickened and to the most part, nauseated.

Arc_knight25
2014-05-02, 07:37 AM
Druid sounds like it could fit the bill. You'd may need to be evil or have your philosophy as that sickness will only make the survivors stronger kind of deal.

Not sure how early you could get into Blighter from Druid, but that seems like the direction you want to be heading.

Or go Paladin of Tyranny or Slaughter for the opposite Paladin gimmicks, poor casting, but you could have some nice fluff to go on.

WinWin
2014-05-02, 08:30 AM
There is a Druid ACF, Spontaneous Affliction. You lose the ability to cast SNA spontaneously, but gain the ability to sicken humanoids. Exemplars of Evil has more details. It's not a very good exchange, but then you're still a druid, so who cares?

There are the Spells Wall of Smoke (SPC, Druid 1, nausea), Horrible Taste (SPC, Druid 1, Nausea), Circle of Nausea (BoVD, Druid 2, Nausea), Decomposition (SPC, Druid 2, Bleed effect), Dessicate (Sand, Druid 2, Dehydration/fatigue), Saltray (SPC, Druid 2, Stun), Thin Air (Frost, Druid 2, Altitude Sickness), as well as a few spells on the Druid list that can cause ability damage or inflict other status conditions.

Alternatively you could work toward Thrall of Jubilex, but it seems like it is out of your level range.