PDA

View Full Version : Natural Spell fix

Proven_Paradox
2007-02-11, 12:46 AM
Replace Natural Spell with...

Natural Metamagic
Prerequisite: Wild Shape class feature.
Benefit: You may prepare spells that you can cast both in unaltered form and while wild shaped. Spells prepared this way take a spell slot one level higher than normal.
Normal: You may not cast spells while wild shaped.

This seems like a simple yet effective way to make Natural Spell a little less rediculous. Now, not only do spells to be cast in wild shape have to be prepared ahead of time, but they also take up a higher level slot. I could still see this being useful, but not the given every-druid-has-this thing that Natural Spell currently is.

mikeejimbo
2007-02-11, 12:47 AM
I like the idea, but I have one question.

Are those spells prepared so that you can ONLY cast them while wild-shaped? That's what I'd assume, anyway.

Proven_Paradox
2007-02-12, 01:46 PM
Actually, I'd rule that the spells can still be cast while the druid is in human form. I'll edit that in.

Duke of URL
2007-02-12, 01:55 PM
Ooooh... nice balancing idea for those who find Natural Spell too powerful.

I'd replace "human form" with "normal form" or "unaltered form" so as not to be species-ist.

Proven_Paradox
2007-02-12, 06:59 PM
Mmm, didn't realise I typed in "human." Opps. Good call, I've edited it.

Rama_Lei
2007-02-12, 07:54 PM
Thank you very much for this. Natural spell should be treated like
metamagic and this is wonderful.

Collin152
2007-02-12, 11:02 PM
Good job! Now we can have our last resort spells for wildshape without instantly becoming Druidzilla! (On another note, please stop calling it Godzirra when mocking accents. It's Gojira. I dont think I have encountered it here, but still.)