PDA

View Full Version : Optimization [PF] Custom Items for a Gundolon?

Snowbluff
2014-05-02, 09:12 AM
I have this Samsaran Mysterious Stranger 1/Synthesist4. (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=879438)
Feats: Multiweapon Fighting, Rapid Reload, Point Blank Shot, and Craft Wondrous Item.
Items thus far:
Glove of Abundant Ammunition (I'm not tracking ammo, holds 5 regular bullets and 45 paper cartridges).
Headband of Alluring Cha
Belt o' Dex
Armillary Amulet (More spellcraft for crafting)
6 pistols (Loaded with regular bullets out of combat, and will be reloaded with paper cartridges in combat)

I have 3.7k GP left. Are there some good duration spells that could make cheap items?

weckar
2014-05-02, 09:14 AM
I hope that's 2.7k GP?

Snowbluff
2014-05-02, 09:21 AM
Thanks! Error corrected! ^^

Slipperychicken
2014-05-02, 10:06 AM
I would try to use double-barreled firearms instead of regular ones, wherever possible. It lets you take a -4 to double your attacks, which is very nice when you're swinging against Touch AC. I think that's worth the extra 1 misfire chance.

Try to make sure your guns are at least +1 magical. This way, they don't explode after two misfires, but simply are "wrecked" (and can be repaired). This will save your skin, especially if you use double-barreled weapons like I suggested (since those have the chance to misfire with both barrels at once). The greater reliable enchantment will be useful when you have the money to afford it on your guns, since you're going to be misfiring a lot.

Snowbluff
2014-05-02, 10:23 AM
I was considering using double firearms, but that would cost me ~2k gp. My misfire chance would usually be 1-3, which is just asking for trouble. I wanted to see if I could grab another magical item in the mean time.

I'll be focusing on using magic ammunition through Magic Weapon, Great Magic Weapon, and Named Bullet, since the effects are duplicated though the Abundant Ammunition effect. Multiple magical guns would set me back a huge amount of GP as well.