PDA

View Full Version : Movies Which movie should I go see?

Eldariel
2014-05-02, 03:49 PM
So, I have a free movie ticket that expires on 6.5. so I have to go see a movie in the theaters right now. Problem is, I haven't really paid any attention to what's actually in the theaters right now and I don't really have that strong of an interest in anything I could find thus far. Thus, I'm in need of tips: recommend me a movie worth watching in the theaters right now. I'm fairly omnivorous when it comes to movies so the style needn't be such a strong criterion, as long as it qualifies as "enjoyable".

FinnDarkblade
2014-05-02, 04:00 PM
How do you feel about Liam Neeson? Non-Stop is a fantastic movie if you like his type of acting.
*edit* Hmm, I see you're in Finland so I suppose it would be a different voice. Or would it be subtitles?

Eldariel
2014-05-02, 04:06 PM
How do you feel about Liam Neeson? Non-Stop is a fantastic movie if you like his type of acting.
*edit* Hmm, I see you're in Finland so I suppose it would be a different voice. Or would it be subtitles?

Everything is subtitled in Finland except for stuff aimed at people under 12. Liam Neeson though, yeah, I do like his style. Non-Stop, huh? Hm, I might just have to look into that.

FinnDarkblade
2014-05-02, 04:11 PM
Everything is subtitled in Finland except for stuff aimed at people under 12. Liam Neeson though, yeah, I do like his style. Non-Stop, huh? Hm, I might just have to look into that.

It's very tense, especially near the end. And his character is very much the type of character he's good at playing.

Zrak
2014-05-02, 06:52 PM
Grand Budapest Hotel is a really enjoyable movie, with a great cast and the typically idiosyncratic Anderson aesthetic. It's a lavishly stylish, old-school caper about the concierge of a fictional luxury hotel being framed for murder in the process of claiming the inheritance left to him by a client with whom he was having an affair, told by the young Lobby Boy who becomes his protégé. It's as much about the disappearance of a certain world as it is about any of the plot, though; even if it has a somewhat more organized and directed journey than most Anderson films, that journey is still much more important than its destination.