PDA

View Full Version : Kudos to my DM

Zuke
2014-05-02, 06:16 PM
Hi Guys,

I thought I might start this thread to let all DM's out there know their player's appreciate them.

Players, please next time you see your DM give him\her a pat on the back and thank him\her.

My DM (AJ) currently allowed me to play an over the top Shadow Illusionist \ Fear build which many times had the ability to wipe out the party at his whim. What makes my DM so awesome was that he devised a way to limit the power of my character through the campaign by simply selecting mobs that I had to work out how to combat them in a fun manor. They may have been immune or resistant, blind etc. This allowed me to use my toon to its fullest and still seem balanced to the rest of the group as they also where using their toons to maximum potential.

Overall thanks mate for giving us that little bit of extra thought....

GilesTheCleric
2014-05-02, 06:45 PM
What an excellent idea for a thread.

I'd like to thank my temporary GM for allowing me drag mag material, even though I'm banning it in this game. It allowed my ridiculous cha-based archer build to actually work. Also for allowing me to play an evil character, in a non-evil game (two of the party members are LG!). And letting me squint my eyes pretty hard at WBL. Basically for allowing me to GM while I'm temporarily a player.

Sir Chuckles
2014-05-02, 07:51 PM
I would like my first DM ever, who very much let us see that "hitting things harder" was not always the best way to go, and that with craftiness, a party of three fourth level characters can take down both an Adult Black Dragon and a Gargantuan Spiked Zombie Kraken (not together, though).

Jergmo
2014-05-02, 08:40 PM
I would like to thank my first DM, who humored my convoluted character plans and hoarding of random bits of junk and McGuyvering them into useful weapons.

slaydemons
2014-05-02, 09:34 PM
I would like to thank my third dm *also my current* for letting me play a psionic character just so I can learn the mechanics of it, and find out psions are not as strong as originally thought but he is only level three and showing how strong grease can be.