PDA

View Full Version : Seeing really far

Eaglejarl
2014-05-03, 12:28 AM
What non-Epic, non-Psionic items or spells exist that allow you to see really far? I'm aware of Eyes of the Eagle and spyglasses. Ideally, I would like to be able to read a book from a mile away. Any thoughts?

eggynack
2014-05-03, 12:32 AM
I'd go with linked perception (PHB, 117). It grants allies in a 20 foot radius a +2 to spot and listen for each ally in that radius. So, basically, you get as much ability to spot as you can possibly get through pure skill use.

Eaglejarl
2014-05-03, 12:42 AM
I'd go with linked perception (PHB, 117). It grants allies in a 20 foot radius a +2 to spot and listen for each ally in that radius. So, basically, you get as much ability to spot as you can possibly get through pure skill use.

Perfect. Thanks.

da_chicken
2014-05-03, 01:42 AM
There's a ton of Wizard spells that accomplish this.

Clairaudience/clairvoyance (rarely more than a quarter mile, though). Scrying. Arcane eye, although you're pressed for time early on. Prying eyes. The last three have greater versions at higher level, too.

A crystal ball works, too.

zingbobco000
2014-05-04, 02:16 PM
Chain of Eyes is probobly the best. Familiars are also good as well. Arcane Eye, greater and arcane eye are nice.

Yorrin
2014-05-04, 04:39 PM
Bind Vestige + Improved Bind Vestige + Practiced Binder

Bind Malphus. Gain Bird's Eye Viewing- effectively infinite range spot as long as your bird can get there.

dextercorvia
2014-05-04, 04:46 PM

So, the real question becomes, "How many allies do I need to cram into a 20' radius emanation in order to be able to spot the sun?"

HammeredWharf
2014-05-04, 04:52 PM
Third Eye Sense from MIC. It allows you to see an "obvious" or familiar location at-will. No LoS or LoE needed. The very least of its uses is seeing miles away. It's rather broken, actually, even for a relatively expensive item like that. You can use it in small jumps to explore entire dungeons without alerting anyone and I think it's technically not even a scrying effect.

zingbobco000
2014-05-04, 05:23 PM
So, the real question becomes, "How many allies do I need to cram into a 20' radius emanation in order to be able to spot the sun?"

Just get a ton of tiny followers and have them be in the same spot as four can fit in one 5 ft. space and ta-da!