PDA

View Full Version : Need help with Oblivion.

blackout
2007-02-11, 08:40 AM
How do I install mods for the game Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion?

Penguinizer
2007-02-11, 12:48 PM
You download the mods into the oblivion mods folder. Then when you put the disk in or click on the icon there is a data folder in the menu. Click this and check the box next to the mod name.

blackout
2007-02-11, 12:54 PM
Wait, there's a mods folder? Where?

Penguinizer
2007-02-11, 02:50 PM
somewhere in the oblivion folder maybe, Im not sure

Arang
2007-02-11, 03:32 PM
C:/Program Files/Bethesda Softworks/Oblivion. At least that's where it is for me.

blackout
2007-02-12, 05:01 AM
Ok, thanks.

The Evil Thing
2007-02-12, 05:29 PM
You might need to extract some files from the CD first. Worth giving the forums a quick glance to see what you need to do.

Duraska
2007-02-12, 10:19 PM
I might be wrong (as I've uninstalled Oblivion a few months ago), but I think you want to look for the "modules" or "plugins" folder located at:

C:\Documents and Settings\Your_Profile\My Documents\My Games\Oblivion\

Then, start Oblivion's launcher (by putting in the CD, or double-clicking the icon, and go to "Data Files" or whatever it's called and put a checkmark next to the module you wish to "add."

Note that some modules which replace textures do not have an actual "plugin" file and instead require you to extract files into specific directories. Read the readme.txt files included with (reputable) plugins for details...

Soveliss
2007-02-16, 12:25 PM
Have any of you beat Oblivion?

NEO|Phyte
2007-02-16, 02:20 PM
Have any of you beat Oblivion?
Yes. The end guy was tough.

Arang
2007-02-16, 03:43 PM
Yeah, that fight was a blast. Really, really tough too. I'd say it was one of the toughest boss fights I've ever played, but maybe that was because of my level.

PokeTheBard
2007-02-16, 04:45 PM
Technically I see "Beating Oblivion" as kinda impossible unless you spend every waking moment on it. i.e. do every side quest and every guild and every dungeon crawl. *yawn*

General Leitmann
2007-02-16, 04:53 PM
If you're level 30 and at least worth your weight in copper, you should be able to handle what's his name without much trouble. And if you're not worth your weight in copper, just brutalize him as quick and as hard as you can before he finishes talking, and don't worry about the kiddies.

And @ PoketheBard, it is impossible, as the Dungeons constantly respawn with different loot, and different enemies depending on your level. Then again, I wouldn't see how it would be impossible to have fought and killed all of the different enemies and have collected all the loot provided you've spent all moments of your life from the release to now hunting for it.

Though after that you could download the Elder Scrolls Construction set and create enemies and dungeons and cities and all that jazz. So, in my opinion, the game never really ends for you.

EDITED: Mankar Camoran is his name right?

The Evil Thing
2007-02-17, 04:57 AM
And @ PoketheBard, it is impossible, as the Dungeons constantly respawn with different loot, and different enemies depending on your level. Then again, I wouldn't see how it would be impossible to have fought and killed all of the different enemies and have collected all the loot provided you've spent all moments of your life from the release to now hunting for it.
It seems some sort of cloning spell is in order.

Camoran was just the priest chappie, wasn't the last boss Mehrunes Dagon? Or did I wander into this thread not really knowing what's going on? :smalltongue:

Arang
2007-02-17, 05:02 AM
Mehrunes Dagon wasn't the end boss. You weren't even supposed to fight him (though he can be killed if you do ridiculous amounts of damage with spells), so in a way, either Mankar Camoran or the daedra that attack the Imperial City at the end of the game are the end boss.

And I forgot to mention that a lot of people seem to like Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul. I haven't tried it myself, but it does seem good.

Penguinizer
2007-02-17, 05:07 AM
Its annoying how you can make a spell that does tons of damage if you have 100 destruction.

Dragor
2007-02-17, 05:07 AM
Yes. Obscuro's Oblivion Overhaul (or OOO, thank god for shortening stuff to letters) is brilliant. New armour, Slave Traders, better enemy scaling - meaning no more bandits in Glass armour - and lots of other stuff too. Oooh, and shiny katanas!

PokeTheBard
2007-02-17, 08:14 AM
(or OOO, thank god for shortening stuff to letters)

"Acronym" :smallwink:

Yea, I killed Bruma (Yeah, the whole city except quest characters that just "got up again"...) but two days later the ENTIRE city guard just rose from the dead and respawned some armour :smallfrown:

Fireball.Man.Guy.
2007-02-17, 10:58 AM
Yeah, a favorite of my friends and I is to get a large area high level Frenzy spell, then cast it to slaughter an entire town.

Crispy Dave
2007-02-17, 12:35 PM
has anyone read that pc gamer mag with the zombie masicer its pretty fun of course ou have to reinstall the game if you want to play without evrything dead it tells you how to turn off the get back upers too

Saurous
2007-02-17, 01:43 PM
has anyone read that pc gamer mag with the zombie masicer its pretty fun of course ou have to reinstall the game if you want to play without evrything dead it tells you how to turn off the get back upers too

........Whaaaaaaat?

Dragor
2007-02-17, 01:47 PM
........Whaaaaaaat?

I believe I have an idea what he's talking about... there was a 'Zombie Master' scenario in a PC Gamer UK magazine. Basically, it told you how to create an invinsible zombie called Steve who wrecked havok across Oblivion without getting harmed. It was supposed to be 'good for letting off steam'.

At least, that's what I think he's talking about. :smalltongue:

melchizedek
2007-02-19, 06:00 PM
http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/View.php?view=Tutorials.Detail&id=60

Here's a guide for installing oblivion mods if you still need help. Basically you download them and copy them to the Data folder in the Oblivion directory.

blackout
2007-02-24, 10:29 PM
K, thanks. Chatter at will, now.