PDA

View Full Version : Retooling races from Bastards and Bloodlines...

atemu1234
2014-05-03, 08:48 PM
I recently tracked down a copy of Bastards and Bloodlines (well, technically I got it as a gift from one of my players) and I want to use some of the races from it. But I really want to avoid the squicktastic idea of things like rangers sleeping with unicorns and the like, so I wanted to retool the flavor of them but keep the races themselves. So any ideas for it?

Deathra13
2014-05-04, 04:31 AM
Off the top of my head, blood transfusion, partial polymorph spell, blessing from a the creature to the pregnant mother, or a special pool, fountain, door, or other magical thing that two creatures could go through to become one.

Yogibear41
2014-05-04, 06:28 AM
Wendingos:

"Me mother was a dwarf, and me father, well we don't like to talk about him, lets just say Mum was a serious furry"

- Mr. Scruffy Wolf Jr.

If you were a lonely elvish ranger, and a unicorn came a-calling who's to say what you would do. No judgements. :smallsmile: they have high charismas :smallsmile:

It would depend alot on which combinations you were talking about, alot of the combinations in that book aren't that terrible but a few are hilarious, I especially like the gnome/umber hulk paring ha ha.