PDA

View Full Version : Sacred Exorcist

Grayson01
2014-05-03, 10:43 PM
I see this as a Prc Dip on a lot of Builds. I was wondering what the appeal is, other then the TUD attempts or is that it?

Jeff the Green
2014-05-03, 10:56 PM
Turn undead is big, but it's also 3/4 BAB. In gish builds this is really nice to fill out a build and get 16 BAB plus 9th-level spells.

Grod_The_Giant
2014-05-03, 11:02 PM
It's not just extra turning attempts-- it grants the full ability if you didn't have it before, allowing you to use Divine feats/devotions/DMM shenanigans on non-cleric builds, without losing any caster levels.

Pluto!
2014-05-04, 11:45 AM
Keeping in mind the easy entry requirements, look at the Sorcerer or Cleric's class features, then look at the SE's class features.

Techwarrior
2014-05-04, 01:58 PM
Keeping in mind the easy entry requirements, look at the Sorcerer or Cleric's class features, then look at the SE's class features.

:smalleek:

For a Sorcerer, it's not easy at all. Look at the Sorcerer skill list and tell me how you're getting 10 ranks Knowledge (The Planes) and 7 ranks Knowledge (Religion) on a non-Int based character with 2+ skill points. Then also remember that a Sorcerer really wants to have at least Spellcraft max'ed, has Bluff as a class skill, and would like decent Knowledge (Arcana), and if they still have points left over, Use Magic Device makes Runestaves so much more interesting for them, and Concentration opens up tactical options (and Swift Concentration trick). The only way I've seen it done effectively was on a high point buy Silverbrow Human who took the Dragonblood Sorcerer 1 substitution level and the Draconic Knowledge feat.

On top of that, you have to burn a feat on Arcane Disciple: Good (requiring Wis 14), burn a 5th level slot on Dismissal (which sucks because 5th level spells are fun, and Dismissal is not), or be a Mage of the Arcane Order 4 (which is very nice anyway).

Sacred Exorcist is only good for a Sorcerer after a different PrC to help them qualify (the aforementioned Silverbrow? Took 4 levels of Mage of the Arcane Order).

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2014-05-04, 02:04 PM
:smalleek:

For a Sorcerer, it's not easy at all. Look at the Sorcerer skill list and tell me how you're getting 10 ranks Knowledge (The Planes) and 7 ranks Knowledge (Religion) on a non-Int based character with 2+ skill points. Then also remember that a Sorcerer really wants to have at least Spellcraft max'ed, has Bluff as a class skill, and would like decent Knowledge (Arcana), and if they still have points left over, Use Magic Device makes Runestaves so much more interesting for them, and Concentration opens up tactical options (and Swift Concentration trick). The only way I've seen it done effectively was on a high point buy Silverbrow Human who took the Dragonblood Sorcerer 1 substitution level and the Draconic Knowledge feat.

On top of that, you have to burn a feat on Arcane Disciple: Good (requiring Wis 14), burn a 5th level slot on Dismissal (which sucks because 5th level spells are fun, and Dismissal is not), or be a Mage of the Arcane Order 4 (which is very nice anyway).

Sacred Exorcist is only good for a Sorcerer after a different PrC to help them qualify (the aforementioned Silverbrow? Took 4 levels of Mage of the Arcane Order).

You can grab Ruathar or similar and have plenty of extra skill points to get those Knowledge skills.

Dismissal isn't such a big cost with this trick (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=267805#4), considering you need to be good-aligned for Sacred Exorcist anyway. Once you hit Sacred Exorcist 4 its own Dispel Evil spell-like ability meets its own prerequisite, so you don't even need to keep Dismissal.

Grayson01
2014-05-04, 08:31 PM

I looked at the SE's Class features and I don't see the big deal, other then TUD I understand the big deal on that.

Edit: I forgot Thank you @jeff and @green that does clear it up a bit.