PDA

View Full Version : Druid vs lycanthrope

Shadus
2014-05-04, 12:16 PM
So I should of asked this a month ago, Instead of 5 minutes before the game is suppost too start...but anyway;
So my party is about to with one, maybe more, Weretigers. Now I'm playing a Druid and I know I've heard Druids have good spells for fighting lycans, but all I can find is counter moon from the spell compendium. Help?

eggynack
2014-05-04, 02:50 PM
So I should of asked this a month ago, Instead of 5 minutes before the game is suppost too start...but anyway;
So my party is about to with one, maybe more, Weretigers. Now I'm playing a Druid and I know I've heard Druids have good spells for fighting lycans, but all I can find is counter moon from the spell compendium. Help?
I can't say that I'm aware of many specifically anti-lycanthrope spells, but this shouldn't be all that difficult, at least at certain level ranges. Weretigers are tied to the ground, and their ranged attack is archery based, so if all else fails, something as simple as flight+windwall+spells should work reasonably well. One magic option really worth considering here is silvered claws (BoED, 107), which will let your animal companion's attacks bypass DR. Beyond that, a good number of your possible plans are somewhat level dependent, so it's important to note what that level is. No matter what, however, you should probably angle your offense towards will saves and touch attacks, as those are two areas where the weretiger is at its weakest.

pwykersotz
2014-05-04, 04:45 PM
Druids can't be affected by lycanthropy in animal form, so they've got that going for them, which is nice.

eggynack
2014-05-04, 04:53 PM
Druids can't be affected by lycanthropy in animal form, so they've got that going for them, which is nice.
I don't see why not. You're still a humanoid while in animal form, after all.

Gildedragon
2014-05-04, 04:53 PM
Spellwise my googling brings up:
Countermoon (3) which locks the lycanthrope in a shape
Metal fang (2) which transforms natural weapons to silver (or cold iron)

Grayson01
2014-05-04, 08:27 PM
I don't see why not. You're still a humanoid while in animal form, after all.

Yeah I gotta Second this one. I don't see why they wouldn't be.