PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Caster Level 7 Before Level Seven?

sambouchah
2014-05-04, 12:56 PM
Is there a way for me to get a Sorcerer to have Caster Level 7 before obtaining 21,000 XP? I want to take the Miser with Magic feat for obvious reasons, I'm just not sure how I can take it early on in the game.

Also could someone point me in the direction of the book with Knowstones in them? My Google-Fu is failing me.

Thanks!
Sam

Techwarrior
2014-05-04, 01:39 PM
I'm pretty sure Knowstones are Dragon material.

For a Sorcerer, the easiest way is through feats. Reserve feats tend to boost CL by +1 for a certain type of spell. Fiery Burst, for instance, gives +1 to [Fire] spells.

That being said, I can't think of anything that just flat-out boosts your Caster Level as a whole. Most of things I know of are specific to certain types of spells.

Inevitability
2014-05-04, 01:41 PM
White dragonspawn, maybe?

HunterOfJello
2014-05-04, 01:45 PM
Doesn't that feat require Arcane Spellcaster Level 7+ and not Caster level 7+?

You can use the kobold ritual (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/we/20060420a)to effectively become a level 7 sorcerer at level 6 (which also increases your caster level to 7), but you wouldn't be an Arcane Spellcaster Level 7+ with it.

zingbobco000
2014-05-04, 02:06 PM
A combination of dire stirge and hunter, be a kobold, then have the white (we can't use blue for level 7) dragonspawn template. Because you are a dragon, take the sovereign archetype loredrake from dragons of eberron. This makes you a third level sorcerer at level 1 (-1 LA, +1 dragonspawn, +2 loredrake). Also be old which gives you +3 Int, wis, and cha (somewhat of a side note). Do the ritual: Draconic Rite of Passage at level one to get a 1/day SLA. At level three take the draconic resevoir feat to increase that to 3/day. At level 6 do the Greater Draconic Rite of Passage, you should have already recovered from the buy off, so now your level is 10 (+1 dragonspawn, +2 loredrake, +1 GDRoP) At level 7 it'll be 11. (I recommend taking the incantrix PrC at level 5 from players guide to faerun).

dextercorvia
2014-05-04, 04:04 PM
Fire Domain Wizard (+1 CL to domain spells)
Trait: Spellgifted Evocation (+1 CL to evocation spells)
Flaw: Bloodline of Fire (+2 to CL for fire spells)
Flaw: Elemental Spellcasting (+1 Fire spells)
Human: Spell Thematics: (+1 CL to one spell of each level, chose your Domain Spells)

So you cast Evocation [Fire] spells from your domain at CL 7

With your level one feat you can either choose Precoscious Apprentice (Scorching Ray), or if you want to be able cast other spells, Practiced Spellcaster, so that you don't have a 0 CL for non evocation non Fire spells.

Unfortunately, the feat you want seems to have a Spellcaster level requirement, which means levels in a spellcasting class.