PDA

View Full Version : No/ Low magic game stats [3.?]

Hyde
2014-05-04, 01:47 PM
My friend was wanting to eliminate static stat bonuses from items, to eliminate the concept of "necessary" purchases and to make it so magic items are effectively just their abilities.

I seem to recall coming across a table for inherent stat increases similar to the vow of poverty's shenanigans for the expressed purpose of a no-magic game.

I thought it was Unearthed Arcana, but now I'm less certain. It may have been a setting with a Dark Sun kind of feeling.

Any help finding this thing?

Mcdt2
2014-05-04, 09:26 PM
I don't know of anything 1st party (or even 2nd/3rd) but this VoP fix (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?140428-Vow-of-Poverty-Fix), I find, makes an excellent progression for such things, as it incorporates not only ability bonuses (and other "statics", like armor class, save boosts, energy resistances, weapon enhancements, etc) but also includes flight, and removal of food/water/sleep dependence, fortification, etc. I might recommend toning down the AC boosts, especially at lower levels, though. Gets out of hand quickly with dexterous characters.