PDA

View Full Version : Smashing Face IC

Pages : [1] 2

smasher0404
2014-05-04, 05:34 PM
It is the night before the Champion Games, people of all races, genders, ages, and lifestyles gather to compete in various forms of competition. You find yourselves at the Flying Boar, one of the cheaper inns of Verdantis, and a popular resting spot for competitors in the Champion Games. The common room of the inn is filled with other boisterous adventurer. You've all been entered into the Great Dungeon Trek, a simple dungeon adventure designed to train beginner to intermediate adventurers. While the Trek itself was designed to be non-lethal, with a handsome grand prize, a free wish for each member of the winning party granted by either King Birkey or one of his court mages, parties will often turn to blows against each other. In order to ensure fairness in this competition, the parties were randomly assigned among all those entered. Each of you has received a magically sealed envelope with the name of your fellow party members. There are still several hours before the envelopes will unseal, and the name of your teammates are revealed.

Vhaidara
2014-05-04, 05:40 PM
Alceris looks over the names of her teammates.

I'm not even positive it will actually be the party.

smasher0404
2014-05-04, 05:48 PM
You find, not to your surprise that the letter is still magically sealed.

The letter isn't supposed to be opened 'till the morning after the party sleeps, I'll transition to then when I find a nice point to.

Vhaidara
2014-05-04, 05:56 PM
Well then, Alceris spend the night practicing shaping Incarnum.

And that is what I get for being tired.

ChaosArchon
2014-05-04, 07:09 PM
Azrael enters the bar from his room upstairs, letter in hand, and approaches the bar and then orders a glass of mead. "Busy night?" he remarks to the bar keep.

smasher0404
2014-05-04, 07:17 PM
"Quite obviously, it's not every day that the Champion Games, occurs, not to mention rumors of people trying to sabotage the Great Dungeon Trek. There are even rumors of demons entering the competition in disguise, in attempts to eliminate potential leaders." replies the Barkeep as he hands Azrael his mead, "That will be three coppers, good sir."

ChaosArchon
2014-05-04, 07:23 PM
I hand him three coppers, "Demons you say, well here's to our own Verdantis boys sending them back to the hell, eh!" I say raising my glass in salute. "So have you heard any other rumors about the competition, such as who the favorites are this time around?"

JonU
2014-05-04, 07:33 PM
As Harley enters the bar she looks around and finds a seat in a corner so that she can keep an eye on the comings and goings. She then orders a meal and while waiting she thinks about all the fun she is about to have. She is excited to finally be a part of the games that she has enjoyed watching for so long.

smasher0404
2014-05-04, 07:34 PM
"Beyond the rumors of demons, it seems this year's Great Dungeon Trek will be rather quiet. There don't seem to be any clear favorites, I've heard of several interesting competitors this year. Some say that a member of the Pact of the Moonblooded is entering, as well as a product from one of them Floating Isles, Muta I believe it's name is. There are also the odd mages, and academy rejects entering as well." replies the Barkeep, taking the three coppers and putting it in a pouch on his belt.

ChaosArchon
2014-05-04, 07:40 PM
"Thank you kindly good sir, oh say before I go I was wondering what the local word is about House Crowley recently?.". After hearing his response Azrael continues to drink for a bit longer while mulling over what he has learned, then turns to return to his room and prepares himself for the day tomorrow and his adventures under the blessed sun.

smasher0404
2014-05-04, 07:44 PM
"Nothing, besides the usual, but I've heard one of the younger members of House Crowley is entering the Trek, maybe you could ask him" replies the Barkeep

JonU
2014-05-04, 07:53 PM
Once she gets finished eating she dons her hat and goes up to the barkeep and asks about the event (interrupting the conversation between the barkeep and Azrael) "I overheard what you were saying about the Trek and was wondering; is it true that the winners receive a wish a piece?". She continues on, "So what would you guys wish for? I for one have a pretty good idea of what I would want." As she waits for a response she eyes Azrael suspiciously and subconsciously puts a little more space between the two, with the hand further from Azrael resting near one of her Dragonsplits.

smasher0404
2014-05-04, 07:57 PM
The Barkeep, wishing to remain helpful, responds "Of course, happens every year, the King uses his resources to grant the wish of the winners of the trek, within relative reason of course. However he has been known to be quite generous with the wishes. The Kings before him have established remarkable precedents for the wish,legend has it that a hundred years ago, King Arthurius the Brave, even went to war with another nation in order to fulfill a wish"

ChaosArchon
2014-05-04, 07:59 PM
Azrael smiles, "Hello there friend, that is quite a question you ask. I cannot speak for the barkeep but if I were to win I would ask the king allow my father to finally legitimize me. How about you friend?" he says to the stranger.

I guess I don't go to my room just yet

Vhaidara
2014-05-04, 08:04 PM
Alceris grows bored of practicing shaping the incarnum, and decides to relocate into the bar. The warforged stands up and walks into the bar.

Mostly being posted because Alceris looks very not normal. And also has her soulmelds shaped.
Alceris is a tall warforged with a lithe build. Normally, there is nothing else distinctive about her. However, when she has shaped her soulmelds, blue energy surrounds her hands and a purple belt of the same energy wraps her waist. Her body also takes on a purplish tinge.

JonU
2014-05-04, 08:15 PM
"Wellll, I think I would wish for great riches of some sort, I think he should be capable of that once my team wins this thing." As she finishes, she notices the warforged walk in. She then states to the two she has been talking to, "Get a load of that gal; if you can call it that! All skinny and purple looking. Wonder what happened to her?"

Can't think of something better to say about the warforged.

ChaosArchon
2014-05-04, 08:21 PM
"We all bear the marks of hardship, some just wear it more visibly than others," Azrael remarks, looking lost in sadness for a moment. He seems to then shake it off and then says "Anyway, I never caught your name?"

JonU
2014-05-04, 08:32 PM
"Of course you didn't catch it, I never told you. The name is Harley; and who might you be? Getting back to your answer about the wish, why is it so important to be legitimized by your father? Is he some sort of noble or something?" She then tries to get the warforged's attention by motioning for her to come over.

Vhaidara
2014-05-04, 08:41 PM
Alceris notices the motion, and walks over.
Is there something you want?
Her voice is surprisingly musical.

ChaosArchon
2014-05-04, 09:08 PM
"We just wanted to make your acquaintance, my name is Azrael and she is Harley." Azrael says as he flashes a smile at the warforged in front of him.

Vhaidara
2014-05-04, 09:13 PM
Alceris. A pleasure to meet you.
Alceris extends a hand, still cloaked in blue energy.

ChaosArchon
2014-05-04, 09:15 PM
Azrael reaches out to shake Alceris' hand, "A pleasure to meet you too, what brings you to Verdantis? Are you planning on entering the tournament?"

Vhaidara
2014-05-04, 09:17 PM
Alceris' handshake is firm, and the energy does not seem to have substance.
Is there another reason for people to come here?

JonU
2014-05-04, 09:22 PM
"Well,I couldn't help but notice that you appear a bit on the thin side. Well, that and the purple glow. What is it that you do?" While she listens she orders a glass of meade.

ChaosArchon
2014-05-04, 09:23 PM
"Perhaps some visit for the lush green forests near the town," says Azrael laughing a little, "But in all seriousness I must ask, have you been able to open your envelope yet? I have tried but it will not yield."

This is meant to be read before Harley's question to Alceris, I'm not attempting to poke fun at Alceris

Vhaidara
2014-05-04, 09:26 PM
Alceris looks at Harley, her tone implying disdain.
My design is for speed over strength. And my coloration is a side effect of my choice of soulmelds.
He gaze returns to Azrael.
I have not.

ChaosArchon
2014-05-04, 09:39 PM
"How strange, perhaps they only open tomorrow when the tournament proper begins." he muses, "In that case i wish both of you the best of luck, but I think I shall rest now." After a polite nod of the head to both Alceris and Harley, Azrael returns to his room and rests.

Vhaidara
2014-05-04, 09:43 PM
Alceris nods.
Good night, and may you win if you are on my team.

JonU
2014-05-04, 09:53 PM
Well, speed isn't a bad thing but there are times were strength is needed. So you both have letters as well? I guess we will see who is on what team tomorrow. And what's so funny about the forests? I love them and that where I'm from.After hearing what Alceris has to say, she finishes her drink and excuses herself. Once she gets back to her room she removes her Dragonsplits and places them in the chest under her bed with her armor. She then spends some time practicing what the Pact has been teaching her, trying to tap into her lycanthrope heritage. Once done, she goes to bed, excited about the events that lay ahead.

If she hasn't used all her shifting ability for the day and is in a safe area she uses them before sleeping to try to put into practice what she has been taught.

Vhaidara
2014-05-04, 09:56 PM
Alceris decides to stand in the bar to see if anyone else interesting shows up.

smasher0404
2014-05-04, 10:03 PM
tencharcter minimum
Well it seems the party has finished it's first interactions, time for the segue!

Morning arrives quickly, and the various competitors gather into the Field of Titus, home to the legendary Great Dungeon Trek. Each of you see competitors of various shapes and sizes mingle. Market stalls are bustling with new customers, as some of the competitors try to buy some last minute gear or souvenir. Bookies can be seen, taking bets on individual competitors before the teams are even revealed. Every competitor makes his way to the Titus Memorial, where a grand stage is set up. A young man with a short trimmed beard, who you recognize as King Birkey, walks upon the stage in slow, elegant strides.
"Good Morning Brave Adventurers! As is annual tradition, the Great Dungeon Trek is now underway. As all of you know, you've each received a sealed envelope containing the name of your three team mates. The four of you will make your way to the Great Maw of Doom, a man-made dungeon made to test the mettle of new adventurers. Inside, is the Ceremonial Sword of Lord Ajax, a once mighty warlord from before the God War. The first team to reach the end of the dungeon and retrieve this legendary blade, will receive one wish that I with all my power will attempt to grant. In just a few moments, my court mage will release the seals on the envelopes, which will reveal your teammates. May the odds be in your favor!"

Just a few minutes after the King's short speech, a robed figure chants a long spell, and the seals on the envelopes are released. When you open the envelope you see the following

Team 7
Alceris Arbukan
Azrael Aurorus
Harley Moonblood
Grimalkin Shatterstaff

After releasing the seal, the King says "Report to the banner with your number, and we will begin shortly"

Edit:Guess we'll run with a split timeline until Grimalkin shows up

ChaosArchon
2014-05-04, 10:09 PM
As he reads the letter he chuckles to himself, "What a coincidence, it seems the Sun has deigned to light my path in this venture." Azrael then goes the to 7th banner and awaits his new companions there.

JonU
2014-05-04, 10:50 PM
As Harley opens the letter, she quickly realizes that she needs to find someone to let her know what it says. Maybe if I can find one of the two that I talked to last night they can tell me what this says. She then wanders off looking for one of the two from last night. Upon finding them she asks Would one of you be able to tell me what this paper says? I'm having a hard time figuring it out.

ChaosArchon
2014-05-04, 11:03 PM
"It says that you and I are on the same team, as fate would have it. Now we are just waiting on Alceris, whom we met last night, and a person named Grimalkin Shatterstaff." replied Azrael. "While we wait, I realize I failed to answer your question about my parentage. My birth mother and father perished in the Great War, I was adopted by the noble House of Aurorus, one of the houses in Verdantis. I lived with my father Duke Reginald until my thirteenth year, when I was sent off to train with the Order of the Dawn, at the behest of his new wife, who was jealous of the rumors which claimed I wad the duke's bastard. I have not seen my noble father since then, but now it seems that his wife was discovered by a certain order to be guilty of treason, and without an heir I hope he will seek reconciliation and I can join him again as his son."

Sorry for the info-dump tl;dr the guy has daddy issues

JonU
2014-05-04, 11:37 PM
OOOOkk, Let me make sure I got this right. Your real father died. Then you got adopted by a noble. The new wife got jealous, so you got sent away to be trained as an uppity Paladin and now that his wife is out of the picture you want back in to have a chance at being his heir? Best of luck, but I've gotta see how this one goes! As they wait Harley does her final preparations making sure her weapons are nice and sharp. I could have sworn that yesterday we were told that everyone on the team gets a wish. Then this morning it is said that the winning team gets a wish. So which is it?

smasher0404
2014-05-04, 11:41 PM
Ooc: oops sorry forgot to put each after wish assume he said one wish each

ChaosArchon
2014-05-04, 11:57 PM
"Minus the uppity bit, yes I believe you have the general idea of it," chuckles Azrael, "and as for the tournament's reward, I believe it is custom for each individual member to receive their own boon from the king."

I don't know what the DM wants to decide as it is his world, but I figured the Order of the Dawn were a group of elite warriors, but that not all of them were paladins, only a small sect of them are paladins of which act almost as inquisitors, while the rest of the order act as a special forces of sorts for Verdantis.

Vhaidara
2014-05-05, 05:56 AM
I just remembered that totemists are illiterate too...

Alceris tracks down the two from the night before.
Is there any chance one of you could read this for me?
She holds out her letter.

Tibbaerrohwen
2014-05-05, 06:49 AM
I don't see any need to work within a split timeline. I don't want to bother anyone with that. We can assume the character, as with the player, was late to the festivities.

Grimalkin burst out of the Flying Board, in a huff, pausing only momentarily to run his fingers through is hair with an expression of overwhelmed anxiety. Tearing his envelope open with his teeth, he tosses the envelope aside before quickly reading the contents and racing over to join his compatriots, panting for breath and leaning heavily on his knees as he arrives.

"Ohhh. Ohhh. Sorry I'm late. Phew. Let me catch my breath."

Grimalkin stands up straight, for a brief moment, his hands wafting air towards his face as he takes deep breathes in from his nose and exhales them through his mouth.

"Alright...I'm good. I'm Grim.

He says, over onto Azrael's paper and pointing to his name.

"Ah. There. Pleasure to meet all of you.

Finally looking at his teammates and doing a double-take after seeing Alceris.

WOW! You're...Umm...quite...unique. Glad to have you aboard.

Looking to the others, with a raised eyebrow, as if to emphasize the warforged's size.

It should be fun. You know...if we don't die.

Vhaidara
2014-05-05, 07:54 AM
Alceris turns to the newcomer.
Greetings. I am Alceris. Can you read this?
She holds out her team assignment

ChaosArchon
2014-05-05, 03:27 PM
"Yes, it says you two are on our team as well, and pleased to meet you Grim" replied Azrael. "Now that we've all gathered I'd say we all go to the entrance of the dungeon."

Vhaidara
2014-05-05, 03:29 PM
Alceris nods and pulls out her sling.
Let's get started then.

ChaosArchon
2014-05-05, 04:17 PM
Azrael then draws his greatsword from its sheath on his back and begins walking to the entrance.

Unless there's something anybody else wants to do/say before then

smasher0404
2014-05-05, 06:08 PM
As soon as you cross the threshold of the entrance, you are carried away by a magical force, bringing you to what appears to a large stone chamber. Inside are 4 well-made beds, with a nightstand made out of solid oak. In the middle of the chamber appears to be a chest, covered with ornate, but glass, gems. There appears to be a stone door, and on either side of it are lit torches. On a table near the chest, is a bag, 4 ornate signet rings with a 7 carved into the stone.

A voice out of nowhere calls out to you. "Welcome to the Great Maw of Doom, site of this year's Great Dungeon Trek! Inside you will find monsters, traps, and treasure to behold. At the bottom of the Maw, is the legendary sword of Ajax. Those who find the sword will be granted their heart's desire. The Maw is of no mortal land. It is near timeless, for every month that goes by in here, only a day goes by in the outside world. To allow those who came into the dungeon unprepared, there is a bag of everlasting rations to tide over your hunger. This chamber is your safehouse! The only way in is through the stone door, and the only way to get through the stone door is to use the magic signet rings found on the table. Good luck young adventurers, and may you find your heart's desire!"

Vhaidara
2014-05-05, 06:14 PM
Alceris looks around
What does the writing say?
As she asks she walks over to the chest and attempts to open it.

ChaosArchon
2014-05-05, 06:33 PM
Azrael walks over to the chest as well and examines the gems, "The writing on the rings is a seven and marks that the rings are assigned to our team, however I do find these gems interesting. Why would there be provided gems in this trial?" he muses.

smasher0404
2014-05-05, 06:37 PM
The chest opens quite easily, but nothing of particular note is inside of it besides a lock to actually lock the chest.

Vhaidara
2014-05-05, 06:46 PM
Alceris takes one of the rings.
Well then, what are we waiting for? We don't want to be the last ones to finish.

ChaosArchon
2014-05-05, 07:35 PM
"Then let us advance," replies Azrael, "Everyone put on your signet ring and we will go forward."
Azrael then puts on one of the signet rings.

Vhaidara
2014-05-05, 07:39 PM
Alceris puts on the ring, puts a bullet in her sling, and waits for the rest of the team to form up.
I suggest you go first, warrior. I am more suited to the back line.

ChaosArchon
2014-05-05, 07:43 PM
"I will go in front then, however before we leave I must warn you that there are rumors that demons have infiltrated the tournament and plan to kill contestants, be on your toes." cautions Azrael as he touches the door.

smasher0404
2014-05-05, 07:53 PM
The door slides open upon Azrael's contact with it. Right outside the door is a spiral staircase heading downwards.

ChaosArchon
2014-05-05, 07:58 PM
Azrael advances slowly forwards, pulling his greatsword in front of him as he walks down the staircase.

If it is dark I first pull out one of my sunrods and use it to light the way.

JonU
2014-05-05, 08:00 PM
Harley quickly walks over to the table and puts on one of the signet rings. I can follow behind Azrael or if needed i can go ahead and scout a head. I'm pretty good at not getting noticed and spotting things. She then draws her dragonsplits and heads off with Azrael. Come on guys; We have no time to waste! I didn't come here to lose!

Tibbaerrohwen
2014-05-05, 08:04 PM
"As am I."

Says Grimalkin, sliding his signet ring onto his middle finger and holding his bow and a prepared arrow in one hand.

Can I make a knowledge Dungeoneering check to determine what might be lurking in this place?

[roll0]

EDIT: Well that roll was a dud. For all I know there could be rabid Samuel L. Jacksons terrorizing this place.

Vhaidara
2014-05-05, 08:05 PM
Alceris will bring up the rear. If they are attacked from behind, she is still able to handle herself in melee.

smasher0404
2014-05-05, 08:10 PM
After cautiously heading down the stairways you come to a narrow hallway, also lined with torches, which as you can see leads into a much larger room, in the distance you can hear the loud metallic clanging of blades.

Tibbaerrohwen
2014-05-05, 08:17 PM
At the sound of clanging weaponry, Grimalkin readies his bow, pulling the arrow and drawstring back till they are taut.

He quickly glances at the others and whispers softly:

"What's our game plan?"

ChaosArchon
2014-05-05, 08:23 PM
"I say we advance slowly down the hallway, and anyone who can check for traps or the like should do so." says Azrael.

Vhaidara
2014-05-05, 08:26 PM
Alceric tenses at the sound of battle.
I have no experience in such matters. Do any of you have knowledge of traps?

Tibbaerrohwen
2014-05-05, 08:35 PM
"Our huntswoman colleague may be able to lend a hand with that."

Says Grimalkin, looking over at Harley.

"If not, my minor magical abilities could conjure an ally to assist us, but it would be short lived. I don't have the power to hold such a being under my command for long."

JonU
2014-05-05, 09:07 PM
I've never really trained for finding traps. Usually if I'm looking for traps they are ones I have placed and know where they are. But who knows, we could see how well my survival skills allow me to find other people's traps. Also, I guess this is as good a time as any, but I really, really don't do very well in confined spaces. With this Harley moves to the front and takes a lead position roughly 30 feet ahead of the group. Taking care to move quietly so as to keep from alerting any possible enemiesand also keeping an eye out for any potential traps.

Move silently
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

Survival
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]

Spot
[roll10]
[roll11]
[roll12]
[roll13]
[roll14]
Not sure how many checks so i figured I would give you a few to go with

smasher0404
2014-05-05, 09:13 PM
Considering the normal manner of detecting traps is search, and it takes a fullround action to search 5 feet i'm assuming you are searching every 5 feet

20 feet into the hallway, the ground beneath you caves in a little reveal a pit below

Roll Reflex against DC 20, or take [roll0] damage

Tibbaerrohwen
2014-05-05, 09:20 PM
"Be careful."

Grimalkin utters quietly.

He lowers his bow and arrow, letting the bowstring go slack and holding the weapon and arrow in one hand.

Is it alright if I take a readied action to cast a spell?
The actions is to cast stick on a trap or trap components, if they are within reach, should Harley trigger a trap.
Stick holds an object weighing 5lbs or less in place.

Grimalkin mumbles a short incantation under his breath, the fingers on his right hand twitching violently to complete the spells somatic components.

EDIT: Swordsaged. Ignore my spoilers. I meant to post this before the trap was triggered.

JonU
2014-05-06, 08:43 AM
[roll0]
See how it goes. Not bad!

As the ground gives way, Harley just barely makes it to the other side of the pit. There's a pit there guys, so be careful.

JonU
2014-05-06, 08:53 AM
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
Let me know when I need to do a spot or move silently.

ChaosArchon
2014-05-06, 09:44 AM
"Alright then, everyone stay on your toes and make sure not to fall in." Azrael then follows behind Harley, and as they approach the room, he motions for her to slow down. "Let me try something before we enter." Upon saying that Azrael closes his eyes and focuses his thoughts on any auras radiating from the room.

Azrael uses Detect Evil

smasher0404
2014-05-06, 11:16 AM
You can detect 1 active faint aura of evil and 3 lingering faint auras of evil
You detect no more traps down the hallway

ChaosArchon
2014-05-06, 12:25 PM
"I sense an evil presence in the next room, we should be careful." whispered Azrael.

Vhaidara
2014-05-06, 02:19 PM
Well then, it looks like we're in for a fight

JonU
2014-05-06, 06:31 PM
hmm, well then. How shall we enter the room and who do we focus on first? Harley whispers back. By the way, do we have anyone that can heal? That could really slow us down if we don't.

Tibbaerrohwen
2014-05-06, 08:19 PM
"I don't believe so. I did not bring any medical supplies with me, and our colleagues don't appear to be clergymen or witch doctors. Thankfully, we do have a sanctuary to return to if we're injured. Our best course of action may be to focus on defense."

After speaking, Grimalkin returns his attention to his bow, once again readying an arrow.

"Let's give 'em hell."

[roll0]

JonU
2014-05-06, 08:34 PM
Harley brings here Dragonsplits up to the ready, preparing for a fight.

[roll0]

Vhaidara
2014-05-06, 08:42 PM
Alceris readies her sling, giving it a few slower rotations.

[roll0]

ChaosArchon
2014-05-06, 08:56 PM
Azrael raises his greatsword, preparing to strike at a moments notice. "I sensed only one entity that was evil, but it may have other accomplices so be ready." whispered Azrael.

[roll0]

smasher0404
2014-05-06, 08:59 PM
Harley 13
Alceris 12
Grimalkin 7
Azrael 3

As soon as you finish conversing, the clanging of swords stops. You can hear a few screams of pain. Mad cackling, with a small hint of sobbing can be heard.

JonU
2014-05-06, 09:16 PM
Ok, you go first Azrael. I'll be right behind you and work my way into a flanking position. And you two can attack from a distance. I'll push the door open for you Azrael. With that said, Harley prepares to fling the door open when Azrael is ready.

ChaosArchon
2014-05-06, 09:32 PM
I was under the impression I went last, am I even allowed to go first in combat even though I rolled so low? If so... Azrael rushes into the room to the full extent of his movement. If he sees a foes and can attack him he does so.

Azrael rushes into the room and attempts to swing his greatsword into his foe's body.

[roll0] wow that roll :smallcool:

smasher0404
2014-05-06, 09:39 PM
Yeah I'll assume you can, assuming everyone apparently delays their action in a surprise round

As soon as the door opens, and Azrael charges, he finds his sword connects with a scrawny demon with sharp claws,

Roll for damage and to confirm your critical

ChaosArchon
2014-05-06, 09:49 PM
Crit- [roll0]
Damage- [roll1]

JonU
2014-05-06, 09:50 PM
As Azrael charges in, Harley charges in right behind him and takes a swing at the same foe.

Ok, to be sure I'm clear on this, in order to take a swing with both weapons, it takes a full attack round which i can't do since i moved. Charging gives a +2 to my attack roll at the expense of -2 AC until next round.

Oh yeah, and get to confirming that crit Chaos!

Attack (slashing crit 19-20 x2): [roll0]
Confirm crtical (if needed): [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]

Vhaidara
2014-05-06, 09:56 PM
Alceris lines up her shot, and lets the stone loose.

I usually roll my attack, the crit confirmation (in case it's needed), the damage, and the crit damage (if needed) all at once. Like this.
Attack : [roll0]
Critical Confirmation : [roll1]
Crit Damage : [roll3]

smasher0404
2014-05-06, 09:57 PM
Azrael's hit connects with what seems like incredible force, yet the Demon still stands.

Harley's hit deflects off the Demon's hard skin. The Demon cackles at this near hit.

Alceris' sling stone hits the Demon on the forehead, and the Demon rubs it's forehead in recoil

Tibbaerrohwen
2014-05-06, 09:58 PM
If the party is faced with 3+ enemies, Grim casts Colour Spray on his first turn.

If there are less than three enemies, Grim launches an arrow [roll0] for [roll1] damage.

If he is attacked with a melee or ranged attack, he retreats using abrupt jaunt, while trying to maintain line of sight.

If he begins his turn within 10ft of an opponent, he drops his bow and arrow and draws his club and uses Acid Splatter as a ranged touch attack [roll2] for [roll3] damage.

If an ally is corner and/or badly wounded, Grim casts Summon Monster I (Celestial Badger) to attack the enemy nearest the cornered/wounded ally for 1 round. If the enemy threatening the cornered/wounded ally is mounted, Grim instead casts vengeful mount.

If combat has ended and Grim dropped his bow and arrow, he retrieves them before continuing.

smasher0404
2014-05-06, 10:01 PM
Grimalkin's arrow goes wide burying itself in the ground 30 feet behind the demon.

JonU
2014-05-06, 10:11 PM
I believe that ends the surprise round?

Man this demon is tough. Harley quietly thinks to herself. She refocuses and lets loose with her dragonsplits

Primary weapon will be used for piercing damage with a crit range of 19-20 x2, Offhand will be used for slashing damage with a crit range of 20 x4
Primary
Attack:
Confirm: [roll1d20+4
Damage: [roll1]

Offhand
Attack: [roll2]
Confirm: [roll3]
Damage: [roll]1d6+3

Man I'm getting some amazing rolls today! Heck, my offhand rolled a 0 for confirmation lol

Vhaidara
2014-05-06, 10:12 PM
Alceris loads another bullet and lets fly.

Critical Confirmation : [roll1]
Damage : [roll2]
Critical Damage : [roll3]

smasher0404
2014-05-06, 10:15 PM
Harley completely misses the demon again, while Alceris manages to strike the demon again with a sling bullet

ChaosArchon
2014-05-06, 10:16 PM
Azrael raises his greatsword and strikes again at the demon, while shouting at it, "This is for Marik and all the innocents I must protect!"

Attack: [roll0]
Crit confirm: [roll1]
Crit dmg: [roll3]

smasher0404
2014-05-06, 10:22 PM
Grimalkin lets loose another arrow which goes wide
Azrael's attack seems to have been quite effective. The weakened demon lets out a loud screech, and in a moment of panics releases a cloud of noxious cloud of gas

Anyone who threatens in melee gets an attack of opportunity
If the Demon is still alive roll a fortitude save against DC 12 or be nauseated while in the cloud and for [roll0] rounds afterwards
Everyone in the cloud gets concealment from everyone else in the cloud, and total concealment against anyone outside of it.
This cloud appears to have a radius of 20 ft.

ChaosArchon
2014-05-06, 10:28 PM
Sensing his opponent in a state of panic, Azrael strikes again.

Attack:
Crit Confirm: [roll1]
Dmg:[roll]2d6+4
Crit Dmg:2d6+4
Fort Save:1d20+3

fixed some of the mistakes i had made, sorry :( ill take the hit as punishment if need be

JonU
2014-05-06, 10:30 PM
Attack (at my newly realized levels): [roll0]
Confirm: [roll1]

Finally! A good roll! :smallsmile:

JonU
2014-05-06, 10:32 PM
Forgot my fort roll

[roll0]

Do we make this save for every round we remain in the cloud?

smasher0404
2014-05-06, 10:35 PM
Both attacks narrowly miss the demon, the demon breathes a small sigh of relief as the stinking cloud releases into the room before smelling the air himself.

[roll0]

ChaosArchon
2014-05-06, 10:36 PM
if i had rolled the correct die my fort save would be [roll0] but I'll take the hit anyway.

Vhaidara
2014-05-06, 10:40 PM
Fortitude Save: Warforged. You don't nauseate a robot. Yes, I am immune to the condition

Alceris curses as the cloud obscures her vision, and fires off another shot.

Miss Chance : [roll0]
Attack : [roll1]
Critical Confirmation : [roll2]
Damage : [roll3]
Critical Damage : [roll4]

smasher0404
2014-05-06, 10:43 PM
Alceris' sling bullet misses it's target

I'm ruling you have to roll above the miss chance (since I forget what's the RAW way of reading it.

ChaosArchon
2014-05-06, 11:02 PM
Azrael, while retching from the sinking feeling in his stomach, attempts to leave the noxious cloud

Azrael spits at the demon shouting, "Nor Solis or I will tolerate your putrid presence any longer! Prepare to return to perdition!(Smite Evil)

JonU
2014-05-06, 11:08 PM
Assuming he doesn't go down before it's Harley's turn again.

Growing visibly frustrated, Harley drops the Dragonsplit in her offhand (right hand) and shifts. She grows a set of claws and on the visible skin you can see what appears to be tiger fur emerge. She then lets loose with her dragonsplit and takes a swipe with her now empty, but clawed hand.

Dragonsplit (still piercing)
Confirm: [roll1]

Claw (slashing x2 on nat 20 crit)
Attack: [roll3]
Confirm: [roll4]
Damage: [roll5]

Here is what it says about using a main hand and claw secondary from RoE p.27:
Razorclaw (Su): ..... He can attack with one claw as a standard action or with two claws as a full attack action (as a primary natural weapon). He cannot attack more than once per round with a single claw, even if his base attack bonus is high enough to give him multiple attacks. He can attack with a claw as a light off-hand weapon while wielding a weapon in his primary hand, but all his attacks in that round take a –2 penalty

smasher0404
2014-05-06, 11:09 PM
Regardless of the roll mistakes, the Demon is dead either way Gain 150 experience points and 75 experience points for the trap earlier I guess

smasher0404
2014-05-06, 11:10 PM
The Demon lets out screeching loud death throes before finally calling out in the common tongue "My Masters! Avenge Us"

ChaosArchon
2014-05-06, 11:12 PM
"Well done friends, we have slain this foul demon and made the world a safer place!" proclaims Azrael.

Sorry about the dice roll mistakes by the way, I'll pay closer attention next time.

smasher0404
2014-05-06, 11:14 PM
Now that you have had time to actually examine the room you are in, you can see three corpses of demons similar to the demon you just slain, in addition you see the bodies of another adventuring party that encountered the group of demons before you did, a dwarf, elf, halfling, and human corpse. Each carrying a similar signet ring to yourself.

JonU
2014-05-06, 11:18 PM
Sorry I was of no assistance guys. I guess my mind was on other things. I'll try not to let it happen again. Harley says; visibly frustrated. She then proceeds to check the Demon for a coin purse, pausing a moment to ensure he is dead and not faking.

Search: 1d20+5

JonU
2014-05-06, 11:21 PM
Search: [roll0]

smasher0404
2014-05-06, 11:21 PM
After some careful pokes, you ascertain that the Demon is most certainly dead :smalltongue: but you are unable to discover anything of note

ChaosArchon
2014-05-06, 11:22 PM
I examine the bodies of the other adventuring party and check to see if any of them are still alive, as well as if I recognize any of them as members of one of the noble houses.

Knowledge: Nobility and Royalty [roll0]

Tibbaerrohwen
2014-05-06, 11:26 PM
Grim curses his foul luck and covers his mouth and nose with his sleeves, attempting to block out the wretched odor.

"What is this putrescent creature?"

[roll0]
If Grim glimmers and information by searching his memory he shouts to the evil denizen, calling it by name, screaming:

"We know thee [name of creature] ! You will fall as so many of your kind have fallen before you."

If he gains any useful information, he shares it with the party.

"Beware the creatures [dangerous things]!"

or

"Aim for the [weakness] and use [materials it is weak against] if you have it."

[roll1]

If successful, Grim waves his hand hastily to remove the putrid smell form his vicinity and casts summon monster I (celestial badger). After it is summoned, he orders the badger to charge.

If he fails he fort save, Grim falls to his knees, gagging, and tries to exit the range of the cloud.

If he fails the save, he retreats till he is free of the cloud. Once he is able to make a full round actions, he follows the same actions as if he had succeeded.

If he succeeds the fort save, after the badger is gone, Grim returns to using his bow and arrow.

If, after 3 more turns the creature is vanquished, he advances, cautiously, remaining at a distance of 10ft, and uses acid splatter.

If the creature advances and Grim cannot flee the creature using abrupt jaunt, or is forced to use melee weapons, he opts for his club.

Finally, if acid splatter proves in effective, after the first attack, or does not fell the beast after 2 rounds, Grim retreats and uses colour spray (DC 13 Will Save Negates).

The following round he continues to attack with his bow, unless an ally is downed, in which case he summons another celestial badger to distract/attack the enemy and tries to drag the ally to safety

Bow:

[roll2] for [roll3] damage.
[roll4] for [roll5] damage.
[roll6] for [roll7] damage.
[roll8] for [roll9] damage.
[roll10] for [roll11] damage.

Acid Splatter:

[roll12] for [roll13] damage.
[roll14] for [roll15] damage.
[roll16] for [roll17] damage.
[roll18] for [roll19] damage.

Club:

[roll20] for [roll21] damage.
[roll22] for [roll23] damage.
[roll24] for [roll25] damage.
[roll26] for [roll27] damage.

Reflex:

[roll28]
[roll29]
[roll30]
[roll31]

Fort

[roll32]
[roll33]
[roll34]
[roll35]

Will

[roll36]
[roll37]
[roll38]
[roll39]

I hope the contingency spoilers don't bother anyone, I just don't want to get in the way
For the Celestial Badger, I'll leave those rolls to the DM (if that's okay). If you'd like me to make summoned monster rolls in the future, please let me know. Keep in mind that the Badger is under the effect of Augment Summoning (+4 Str & Con).

smasher0404
2014-05-06, 11:26 PM
The dead adventurers are all dead, their bodies covered in multiple claw wounds. From the signet ring on the Elf you determined, that he was a servant to House Altair, a House specialized in building airships. The other 3 don't seem to belong to any house of nobility.

While the combat is over now, you find out that the Demon was in fact a Dretch, a simple foot soldier of the Infernal Armies. It typically is cowardly when encountered alone, and would normally flee at the first chance it gets.

JonU
2014-05-06, 11:28 PM
Upon noticing the other bodies, Harley grabs the signet ring off the elf and puts it on her middle finger next to hers. She then searches the elf for a coin purse as well. You guys should also grab a signet ring off of them. We could use them to get into their safe room and see what kind of valuables they may have had. She then goes back to the elf and meticulously searches to make sure that he doesn't have any key on him that might open a lock. By the time she is finished the Elf has been left wearing nothing other than his underwear. His armor/clothing and weapons have been stacked neatly in a pile at his side. If asked what she is doing she responds with a curt Looking for a key to the lock on his chest!

smasher0404
2014-05-06, 11:31 PM
Upon noticing the other bodies, Harley grabs the signet ring off the elf and puts it on her middle finger next to hers. She then searches the elf for a coin purse as well. You guys should also grab a signet ring off of them. We could use them to get into their safe room and see what kind of valuables they may have had. She then goes back to the elf and meticulously searches to make sure that he doesn't have any key on him that might open a lock. By the time she is finished the Elf has been left wearing nothing other than his underwear. His armor/clothing and weapons have been stacked neatly in a pile at his side. If asked what she is doing she responds with a curt Looking for a key to the lock on his chest!

In your incredibly thorough stripping of the Elf you find:

A longbow of hard oak, carved with notches
A light set of Chain Mail carrying no insignia
The Dungeon Trek Signet Ring for Team 6
A Signet ring for Pages of the House of Altair
30 Arrows
a Dagger

ChaosArchon
2014-05-06, 11:35 PM
"While what you do is up to your prerogative, I don't believe the noble houses take too kindly to looting the corpses of those in their employ, nor would the families of the slain dwarf, halfling, or human." states Azrael. "However you may take my share of whatever is found on these demons as a substitute, although I do agree that we may take the signet rings at least, as they are property of the trial itself, not the wearers."

JonU
2014-05-06, 11:46 PM
Well, I'm here for the money. And I'll search anything that might get me some money; even a dead person's personal chest. As she's talking she tries to slip the second ring she found into her pocket without people noticing. She then proceeds to do the same on the other three bodies. Once finished with her incredibly detailed searches she looks at the group and states So what do you guys want to do? Nobody seemed to get hurt, so i suggest we keep moving forward if we want to win.

Sleight of Hand: [roll0]

smasher0404
2014-05-06, 11:52 PM
On the Dwarf you find:
A bronze breastplate ornamented with scenes of peaceful valleys
A Wooden Shield with a tree engraved on the front
A Dwarven Waraxe, covered in blood

On the human:
You find a spellbook undecipherable to you,

On the Halfling
A pair of daggers, one with a black hilt, the other white
A small sized chain mail with no special markings
A bronze key made for opening a lock

JonU
2014-05-06, 11:56 PM
Harley quickly pockets the key and when she finds the book she tosses it behind her mumbling What useless garbage to bring to a trek. She leaves all the gear and clothing neatly stacked next to the body it came off of except for the book which she doesn't bother with after she tosses it over her shoulder.

Tibbaerrohwen
2014-05-07, 04:02 AM
Grim races forward to try and catch the book as it flies through the air.

[roll0]

If I can't catch the book, I get it off the floor after it falls.

"Be careful with that!" Grim shouts, reflexively, before lowering his voice, remembering they are in a perilous place.

"These pages could contain more power than all the weapons we wield."

Grim quickly flips through the pages, to see if there are any useful spells or information scribed within.

smasher0404
2014-05-07, 06:47 AM
You find the spells to have been written in code,

Ooc:roll spellcraft and decipher script

Vhaidara
2014-05-07, 07:33 AM
Alceris nods at Harley's suggestion.
Looting the dead may not be the most attractive option, but they no longer have any need of their equipment, and it may help us to win this race.

Tibbaerrohwen
2014-05-07, 07:34 AM
Grimalkin closely looks over the words and symbols in the book. Drawing a pen and ink from his pack, he starts writing notes about the code on his hands and arms, not wanting to waste valuable pages in the spellbooks.

"This'll just...a....minutes...second...um...yeah."

He mumbles, while scrawling down notes that end up taking up most of his arm.

I take 20 on spellcraft. I can't take 20 on decipher script, which makes me sad.

Decipher Script bonus is +4

Spellcraft bonus is +9

However, if the spells I'm looking at are from a prohibited school, I take a -5. If they are from the school of conjuration, I get a +2.

If I cannot take 20 on the spellcraft checks, the rolls are below.

Decipher Script [roll0]

Spellcraft (general) [roll1]

Spellcraft (conjuration) [roll2]

Spellcraft (evocation) [roll3]

Spellcraft (necromancy) [roll4]

EDIT: Huh. Even if I have to rely on the rolls, they are not bad. I hope there's something good.

Tibbaerrohwen
2014-05-07, 10:17 AM
I have to sign off, so I'm placing some contingency scenarios below for what I might miss. I really don't want to confuse the continuity with multiple timelines.

If Grim can decode the spellbook:

Grim leaps from a sitting position, but partway through his jump recalls his environment and tightens his lips to stop from releasing any noise, pumping his fist and grinning ear to ear with a victorious smile, gesturing to the spellbook whispering "It's good."

If Grim fails:

Grim sighs heavily, with a look of defeat on his face. He half-heatedly waves the book at his compatriots saying, glumly, "It's still paper and that's...valuable, I guess."

If the party encounters combat, Grim tries to identify the creature for a tactical advantage. Afterwards, if the party is faced with 3+ enemies, Grim casts Colour Spray on his first turn.

If there are less than three enemies, Grim launches an arrow.

If he is attacked with a melee or ranged attack, he retreats using abrupt jaunt, while trying to maintain line of sight.

If he begins his turn within 10ft of an opponent, he drops his bow and arrow and draws his club and uses Acid Splatter as a ranged touch attack.

If an ally is corner and/or badly wounded, Grim casts Summon Monster I (Celestial Badger) to attack the enemy nearest the cornered/wounded ally for 1 round. If the enemy threatening the cornered/wounded ally is mounted, Grim instead casts vengeful mount.

If combat has ended and Grim dropped his bow and arrow, he retrieves them before continuing.

Initiative [roll0]
Ranged Attack Rolls [roll1] [roll2] [roll3] [roll4]
Melee Attack Rolls [roll5] [roll6] [roll7] [roll8]
Damage Rolls (Bow & Arrow) [roll9] [roll10] [roll11] [roll12]
Damage Rolls (Acid Splatter) [roll13] [roll14] [roll15] [roll16]
Damage Rolls (Club) [roll17] [roll18] [roll19] [roll20]
Knowledge the planes [roll21]
Knowledge Dungeoneering [roll22]
Knowledge arcana [roll23]

Fort saves [roll24] [roll25] [roll26] [roll27]
Reflex saves [roll28] [roll29] [roll30] [roll31]
Will saves [roll32] [roll33] [roll34] [roll35]

smasher0404
2014-05-07, 12:36 PM
@Grimalkin
You find three spells in the spellbook, two of which you find to be Detect Undead, and Daze, the third you can't identify, but you recognize it as a spell of the necromancy school

ChaosArchon
2014-05-07, 04:42 PM
Azrael puts on one of the signet rings and then goes to search the demons to see if they had anything of value on them

[roll0] what is with these nat 20s as my first rolls of the day :P

After which he splits what he finds among the party and announces, "Lets move forward, same formation as before with Harley in the front searching for traps."

smasher0404
2014-05-07, 06:13 PM
All you can find is a single clear blue gem that seems easy to crush, on it is inscribed infernal runes.

The gem says, Contact the Master

JonU
2014-05-07, 06:40 PM
I'm assuming there is another door in this room.

Harley walks over to the next door and puts her ear to it; listening for any sounds on the other side. She then opens the door and says Lets go guys. in a hushed tone and starts moving slowly and quietly as she looks for traps. She also scans the hallway for any potential enemies.

Survival:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

Move Silently:
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]

Spot:
[roll10]
[roll11]
[roll12]
[roll13]
[roll14]

smasher0404
2014-05-07, 06:43 PM
As you proceed through the door, and into a short corridor. Uphead is a dead end, to either side of it is two crevices about the size of your signet rings. On the wall is inscribed "To Cooperate is golden!"

Vhaidara
2014-05-07, 06:46 PM
Alceris grabs a rins from one of the other group, and heads into the next room.
What is it with these people and their writing?

ChaosArchon
2014-05-07, 06:54 PM
I read the writing on the door and relay what it says to the rest of the party. I then try to remember if it is a motto of one of the noble houses and relay that to the party as well.

Knowledge: Nobility and Royalty [roll0]

Also I ask Grimalkin, "You are the most learned man in our group, do you know what is written upon this gem?"

smasher0404
2014-05-07, 06:58 PM
To your knowledge, the phrase on the wall is not the motto of any noble house.

Tibbaerrohwen
2014-05-07, 07:12 PM
Grim reviews the gems writings momentarily before replying,

"In fact I do. It is the language of the foul and infernal denizens of the lower planes. It says 'contact the masters'. Based on the writing, I may be a magical form of communication."

Knowledge arcana [roll0]

Knowledge the planes [roll1]

JonU
2014-05-07, 07:12 PM
To cooperate is golden." Harley mumbles to herself after Azrael reads the writing. She then begins studying her ring and looks back at the wall and back at her ring. She then mumbles "To cooperate is golden." She then speaks up I think that we have to do something together in order to go further. But I'll tell you now, I'm not squeezing through any tiny holes.

smasher0404
2014-05-07, 07:18 PM
You cannot determine the exact nature of the gem, and dretches are the lowest of the low in the army, literally every other type of demon or devil has a few dretches serving under him or her.

Tibbaerrohwen
2014-05-07, 07:19 PM
"We may just need to place our signet rings inside. That being said, it's a worrisome predicament if we end up having to leave them to hold whatever passage it creates open."

Grim scratches his chin in contemplation before raising his finger with a look on his face like he was just struck by lightning.

"We should return to the previous room. The departed adventurers in the other chamber we likely from the same group of adventurers as us. If so, they should also have rings. We wouldn't need to worry about leaving our own behind if we used theirs. We're still following the motto; we're cooperating with the dead."

Vhaidara
2014-05-07, 07:22 PM
Rings like this one?
Alceris holds up the ring she took.
Someone put one of our rings in the other slot.
She walks over and places the ring she took from the corpse in one of the slots.

ChaosArchon
2014-05-07, 07:27 PM
"Harley use one of our signet rings in the other slot, I'll be ready to strike if anything attacks us on the other side of the door," says Azrael, raising his greatsword towards the door.

JonU
2014-05-07, 07:31 PM
So which is it? My ring or the one off the elf? asks Harley.

just to be clear the ring on her middle finger was the team 6 ring she took off the elf.

smasher0404
2014-05-07, 07:33 PM
The Door Remains shut, but a torch on on the side which Alceris put in a ring lights up with bright blue flame

ChaosArchon
2014-05-07, 07:37 PM
"I believe Alceris used the ring from team 6, so if you use our team ring, it may work." says Azrael, "if not use the other ring."

Tibbaerrohwen
2014-05-07, 07:41 PM
I really need to read things more carefully. I thought Harley had pocketed the other rings.

Absent-mindedly "Umm, yes. Like that."

Grim begins to wave his hands, chanting an arcane incantation. As he speaks, his hands fill with multi-colour light, that shimmers and pulsates, trapped in his hands.

Ready an action to cast colour spray at any aversaries that present themselves when we open the door

JonU
2014-05-07, 07:52 PM
I had better get this ring back states harley as she puts the team 6 ring in the other crevice.

smasher0404
2014-05-07, 07:53 PM
Nothing changes

Tibbaerrohwen
2014-05-07, 08:07 PM
Have we tried both combination yet?

"I wonder if we're missing something..."

Grim says as he peers about.

[roll0]

smasher0404
2014-05-07, 08:10 PM
No you haven't put in your own ring yet... :smallannoyed: :smalltongue:

JonU
2014-05-07, 08:16 PM
After waiting and seeing nothing happen, Harley grabs the ring she placed in the crevice and replaces it with her own. Maybe it's because we aren't using our own rings. If this is part of the trek, then we should be able to get them back later. She then proceeds to place the team six ring back on her middle finger and places her own ring in the crevice.

smasher0404
2014-05-07, 08:17 PM
The stone door slides open slowly, on the other side is 3 rotting corpses that appear to be facedown.

JonU
2014-05-07, 08:34 PM
Ewwww! exclaims Harley. Did you grab the last signet ring from Grim? If not, you should. We may need all of them to get to their room. Once everyone is through the door she grabs her ring and then checks to make sure none of the bodies have signet rings.

If Grim chooses not to go back and grab the last signet ring, then Harley will run back and grab it before grabbing her ring.

Vhaidara
2014-05-07, 08:37 PM
Well, those weren't what I was expecting. Shall we continue, or should we go back and see if we can find the room the other group came from?

smasher0404
2014-05-07, 08:54 PM
As Harley investigates the bodies, the three bodies suddenly animate and launch their bodies at Harley

Surprise round Attacks:
Attack 1 [roll0]
Damage 1 [roll1]
Attack 2 [roll2]
Damage 2 [roll3]
Attack 3 [roll4]
Damage 3 [roll5]

JonU
2014-05-07, 09:06 PM
Clearly surprised, Harley jumps back and lets out a little shout. She readies her dragonsplit to swing at the nearest one.

Initiative: [roll0]
And for whenever it gets around to my turn
Attack (piercing 19-20 to crit x2): [roll1]
Confirm: [roll2]
Damage: [roll3]
Oh and since Grim had a readied action for color spray I'll roll my save for that since i assume it's safe to say I'll be in the line of fire

Will save (my worst one :smallfrown:): [roll4]

Aww, horrible combat rolls and intiative roll, but at least i'm not sucking on color spray:smallbiggrin: and the jump back would be her 5 foot adjust when her turn comes around.

smasher0404
2014-05-07, 09:11 PM
Taken off guard by the zombies, Harley's attacks barely hit, but hit they do

Sorry for the edit, I forgot I had the zombies start in prone condition. Although you should be flatfooted because of the surprise round, and unable to act during it

Vhaidara
2014-05-07, 09:15 PM
Alceris whirls her sling and looses a stone at one of the zombies

Damage : [roll1]

ChaosArchon
2014-05-07, 09:27 PM
Azrael rushes to the group of corpses and swings his greatsword at the nearest corpse.

Initiative: [roll0]
Attack: [roll1]
Crit Confirm: [roll2]
Damage:[roll3]
Crit Damage:[roll4]

Both I and Tibb had prepared to act prior to the door opening so do we get to act during the surprise round or do we just get a bonus to the initative roll?

JonU
2014-05-07, 09:58 PM
Taken off guard by the zombies, Harley's attacks barely hit, but hit they do

Sorry for the edit, I forgot I had the zombies start in prone condition. Although you should be flatfooted because of the surprise round, and unable to act during it

I was just doing the rolls all at once. I shouldn't have an attack or actions until my turn in the initiative order. I was just try to keep from doing multiple posts is all.

Tibbaerrohwen
2014-05-07, 10:48 PM
Is my readied action to cast Colour Spray triggered by the undead?

[roll0]

Seeing Harley struck by the creatures, Grim shouts: "Quickly! Kill them!"

On is turn, Grim races forward to within 10ft f the closest undead attacking a party member and unleashed an Acid Splatter upon them. If attacked he retreats, using abrupt jaunt, but tries to remain within 10ft of an opponent, who struck an ally in the previous round, during his following turns to continue to attack.

If an ally is downed or badly injured, he casts summon monster to summon a Celestial Badger to attack the enemies for one round, before returning to aforementioned tactic.

Ranged Attacks [roll1] [roll2] [roll3] [roll4] [roll5]

Acid Splatter Damage [roll6] [roll7] [roll8] [roll9] [roll10]

Reflex [roll11] [roll12] [roll13]

Fort [roll14] [roll15] [roll16]

Will [roll17] [roll18] [roll19]

smasher0404
2014-05-08, 05:34 PM
Since you did ready it on enemies, rather than living enemies I rule that it does.

Zombie numero uno takes Azrael's attack and slowly rises from the ground to an upright form

Next in Initative is:Azrael then Alceris, then Keledrath

ChaosArchon
2014-05-08, 05:59 PM
Azrael moves in front of Harley. not sure whether she is hurt or not and attacks the same zombie again. "Are you ok Harley?" shouts Azrael.

Damage:[roll1]

smasher0404
2014-05-08, 06:02 PM
Just as quickly as it got up, Azrael strikes down the zombie with a furious blow of the sword. The body is cleaved straight down the line.

Tibbaerrohwen
2014-05-08, 07:08 PM
I saw you state in the OOC that readied actions do trigger. For a little insurance, in case I misinterpreted that, I'm putting the RP in spoilers, so it can easily be ignored (in case I'm wrong).

The shimmering ball of florescent light in Grims grows in strength, momentarily, before he clenches his fist, facing his palm towards the enemies (OOC: whichever ones are in a 15ft cone, angled in a way to avoid friendly fire, if possible).

"Cover your eyes!" He shouts, as the multispectrumed brilliance effloresces into blinding spray of techno-colours.

(DC 13 Will or, assuming standard 2HD human zombies, they are unconscious, blinded, and stunned for 2d4 rounds, then blinded and stunned for 1d4 rounds, and then stunned for 1 round. [Zombie wouldn't be knocked unconscious; only living creatures are knocked unconscious])

After casting colour spray, Grims actions follow those detailed in the previous post.

smasher0404
2014-05-08, 07:10 PM
you realize color spray is mind-affecting right? :P Zombies are flat out immune

The colors dance harmlessly off the zombies

smasher0404
2014-05-08, 10:32 PM
The other two zombies rise up from the ground, prepared to take on all comers.

Tibbaerrohwen
2014-05-08, 10:46 PM
you realize color spray is mind-affecting right? :P Zombies are flat out immune

The colors dance harmlessly off the zombies

Ya, but it was a readied action and Grim has no ranks in knowledge religion. I can't certain he knows and he readied the action to cast it anyway. Can't be helped. Rolls for my future actions have been performed in the other post.

On his turn, as per consolidated and written above, Grim glares at the zombies, cursing them, with visible frustration. Rush forwards, he halts abruptly, 10ft form the nearest zombie and releases a torrent of acid upon his foe.

smasher0404
2014-05-09, 07:17 PM
Alceris' sling bullet goes wide by a fair margin

ChaosArchon
2014-05-09, 07:36 PM
Azrael shifts his stances and swings his greatsword at the second zombie.

Attack:[roll0]

Vhaidara
2014-05-09, 07:37 PM
Cursing, she loads another bullet and flings it at one of the zombies.

Attack: d+
Damage: d+

smasher0404
2014-05-09, 07:45 PM
Azrael's mighty swing hits true, the zombie is staggered by the blow, but barely hangs on

JonU
2014-05-09, 08:41 PM
Still recovering from the initial surprise, Harley steps forward and unleashes her Dragonsplit on the zombie

If the already damaged zombie is still standing when it's my turn, I'll attack it. Otherwise I'll attack the last remaining zombie

smasher0404
2014-05-09, 08:58 PM
The second Zombie falls to Grimalkin's, Harley's, and Azrael's combined might, the last zombie makes a feeble swipe at Azrael

Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

JonU
2014-05-09, 10:04 PM
Great swing Azrael! Shouts Harley as she steps into her swing at the last remaining Zombie.

ChaosArchon
2014-05-09, 10:07 PM
"Thanks, now lets finish this," says Azrael as he swings his sword into the last zombie

Tibbaerrohwen
2014-05-09, 10:14 PM
"From death they come and to death they return."

Unless it is made very obvious, after the threat is nullified, Grim inquires: "Is anyone hurt?"

smasher0404
2014-05-09, 10:34 PM
Azrael's and Harley's combined might finishes off the last zombie with relative ease

Receive 113 xp

ChaosArchon
2014-05-09, 10:47 PM
Azrael says "I am unharmed," and then kneels down and searches the first zombie, the one which he bisected. He also asks Grimalkin for the infernal blue gem back.

Search:[roll0]

smasher0404
2014-05-09, 11:07 PM
You find nothing particularly of note.

smasher0404
2014-05-09, 11:09 PM
The chamber you are in is brightly lit by torches, in the exact middle of the room is a cauldron. There are three other exits to this chamber. One directly ahead of you, signaled by a door made out of wood. One to your left signaled by a door made out of bone. And one to your right, which is left completely open.

Tibbaerrohwen
2014-05-09, 11:25 PM
"Of course." Grim says, returning the crystal.

"Which way?" He inquires. "Perhaps the road less traveled?" he muses, pointing to the door of bone.

ChaosArchon
2014-05-09, 11:49 PM
"Thank you, Grim" replied Azrael, "also would one of you more experienced with magic inspect the cauldron?" While he says this, he looks down the open door to see what lies beyond on that path.

Tibbaerrohwen
2014-05-10, 07:34 AM
"With pleasure. Though, I might need another pair of eyes to spot anything of import. I can't say my eyes are the best." Grim says before inspecting the cauldron.

Search [roll0]
Knowledge Arcana [roll1]
Spellcraft [roll2]

smasher0404
2014-05-10, 01:09 PM
Grimalkin finds the cauldron full with bubbling green liquid, it's heat is almost too much for him to take.

When Azrael looks through the open door he finds a short hallway leading into another chamber where it seems two parties are fighting.

JonU
2014-05-10, 02:13 PM
going to roll a listen check to see if I can hear the other fight going on.
Listen: [roll0]

Upon noticing the open door, Harley says Maybe we should go that way. It looks like somebody else has already gone that direction so we should be able to catch up quickly. If there is a group ahead of us, we can follow at a safe distance until they head back to their safe room. Then we can take advantage and push further forward.

Vhaidara
2014-05-10, 02:33 PM
IIRC, pitched battle is a DC -20 for Listen, but in case I don't
Listen: [roll0]

These beasts were not natural.
Alceris collects her sling stones.

smasher0404
2014-05-10, 04:33 PM
Outside of your talking, there is dead silence nothing else to be heard.

JonU
2014-05-10, 06:04 PM
While Harley waits for the others to get ready she checks the two closed doors for any traps and to make sure they are in fact unlocked, being careful not to open them. She then looks over at Azrael and asks Well, is there anything down that way?

Door 1: [roll0]
Door 2: [roll1]

Tibbaerrohwen
2014-05-10, 07:18 PM
Grim carefully fills and empty flask with the contents of the cauldron.

Afterwards, he joins the others by the door.

ChaosArchon
2014-05-10, 08:15 PM
"I see a battle between two groups occurring, but something unnerves me about this chamber..." says Azrael, almost half to himself. "Allow me to think upon this for a moment, our path lies in pursuing the greatest evil and stopping it." After saying that he kneels down, closes his eyes, and focuses his thoughts on detecting the foul presence of evil down the corridor of the open door. He then does this to the other two doors as well.

Azrael uses Detect Evil

Vhaidara
2014-05-10, 11:32 PM
You're wrong. Our path lies in completing this maze first.
Alceris taps her foot as she waits for the meatshields to get ready to continue.

smasher0404
2014-05-10, 11:46 PM
You can detect a faint aura and a strong aura of evil in the current battle

ChaosArchon
2014-05-11, 12:12 AM
Do I sense anything past the other two doorways?

"There is a strong, dark presence in that battle ahead, I suggest we send it back home, off our precious plane." says Azrael, "however the silence in their battle is unnerving to say the least..."

JonU
2014-05-11, 12:38 AM
I propose that we move up to where we can observe the fight and figure out what's what. Then we can jump in at the opportune moment and take less damage. says harley.

Tibbaerrohwen
2014-05-11, 05:39 AM
"Agreed. It is always best to know your enemy before you have to fight, if it is possible."

Grim turns to Alceris and muses

"Do you think they would leave the exit, or at least the gateway tot he next section, unguarded? In my experience, when you encounter resistance it means you're going to right way."

Vhaidara
2014-05-11, 09:03 AM
Alceris looks curiously at Grim.
I was simply correcting Az about our priorities. In this particular circumstance, I agree that is the right direction.

ChaosArchon
2014-05-11, 03:58 PM
"We are agreed then, we'll go through the open door and engage whichever enemy wins the battle." replies Azrael. "And don't worry Alceris, I want to win as much as you do, anyway, Harley you're in-front as you are the most stealthy of our number. The rest of us will follow behind, and when you feel the time is right, join you and engage the enemy."

JonU
2014-05-11, 04:44 PM
Harley proceeds to move forward silently trying to stay hidden among the shadows. She pauses at a safe distance and waits for the right opportunity to make the move.

Move Silently: [roll0]
Hide: [roll1]
Readied Action: Upon the last member of one of the two sides falling, Harley will charge the nearest one of those that are still standing attempting to hit them with a slashing (crit: 20 x4) blow she will also use one of her 2 daily shifts and attempt a claw attack with her free hand
Dragonsplit Attack: [roll2]
Crit: [roll]1d20+5
Damage [roll3]

Claw Attack: [roll4]
Crit: [roll5]
Damage: [roll6]

smasher0404
2014-05-11, 05:18 PM
The silent battle continues for several minutes, at the end only two members of one side, a half-orc in a blood-red breastplate, and a human in a black set of full-plate remaining, six other people have fallen dead on the ground. As the last falls dead, a faint red aura can be seen flowing into a half-orc's sword, which is black as night. The human seems to be quite rested as well.

Harley's blow lands upon the human staggering him backwards, the claw does not seem to even touch him

Half-Orc: [roll0]
Human: [roll1]

JonU
2014-05-11, 05:49 PM
Oh yeah, forgot my initiative roll
[roll0]

ChaosArchon
2014-05-11, 06:35 PM
Upon seeing Harley begin to charge, Azrael grips his greatsword and begins running to join the fight.

Initiative:1d20+1
Crit Confirm:[roll1]
Damage:[roll2]
Crit Damage:[roll3]

Can Detect Evil be used while attacking or is it a full action, cuz I wanna figure out which is the strong evil aura or would I still be able to tell?

ChaosArchon
2014-05-11, 06:37 PM
Mistyped my initiative roll, added a / to the first roll segment, when I changed it, it wouldnt show anything so heres my Initiative
[roll0]

Tibbaerrohwen
2014-05-11, 07:10 PM
Grim follows the others. When the commotion has died down and then begins anew with our our party Grim calls upon is training in the arcane to guide with hand and protect his allies.

[roll0]

On his first turn, Grim casts Summon Monster I (Celestial Badger). One the Badger's turn it charges and attacks the nearest enemy.
On the following two turns, Grim stays at a safe distance at attacks with his bow. If, after two turns, the bow proves ineffective, Grim closes the distance and attacks with Acid Splatter.
Should Grim come under attack, he withdrawals, using Abrupt Jaunt.

Ranged Attack [roll1]
Ranged Attack [roll2]
Ranged Attack [roll3]
Ranged Attack [roll4]
Ranged Attack [roll5]

Bow Damage [roll6]
Bow Damage [roll7]

Acid Splatter Damage [roll8]
Acid Splatter [roll9]

Vhaidara
2014-05-11, 07:28 PM
Alceris moves in and whirls a bullet at the half orc.

Initiative : [roll0]
Attack : [roll1]
Crit Confirmation : [roll2]
Damage : [roll3]
Crit Damage : [roll4]

smasher0404
2014-05-11, 08:39 PM
The Human regains his footing and launches a mighty cleave of his own sword at Harley

The Half-Orc cries out "For the Pride of Bisavel! For the Clan!" and snarls loudly in a cry similar to that of a raging boar, and charges at Harley

Attack: [roll2]
Damage: [roll3]

smasher0404
2014-05-11, 08:43 PM
Alceris Sling Bullet Hits the Half-Orc square in the face

Grim's spell goes off unimpeded and a celestial badger appears besides him

Badger Initiative[roll0]

Whom are you charging? The Human or the Half-Orc

JonU
2014-05-11, 09:17 PM
You see Harley fall to the ground in a lifeless heap.

Percentage Roll to see if I stabilize, if not I'll get started on a new and improved character. And don't worry, I enjoy creating characters, researching characters has helped me learn more about this game than anything else.
Stabilization: [roll0]
10% chance, I'll let you determine High or Low Smasher

Vhaidara
2014-05-11, 10:13 PM
Alceris grimaces as Harley drops. She grimly loads another sling stone and whirls it at the half orc again, since he is clearly a deadly threat.

Crit Confirm : [roll1]
Damage : [roll2]
Crit Damage : [roll3]

ChaosArchon
2014-05-11, 10:25 PM
the half orc

smasher0404
2014-05-11, 10:44 PM
The Half-Orc Collapses on his knees and then finally falls down.

The Badger Charges the Human

Damage[roll1]

The Human drops his sword to the ground, and cries out "Soulreaver, Come to me!", upon saying this, the sword flies into his hand as he attacks the badger which just attacked him

[roll2]
[roll3]

ChaosArchon
2014-05-11, 11:02 PM
Seeing the half-orc fall Azrael shouts at the human, "Your ally has fallen, now you stand alone against the might of justice! Your profane artifact cannot save you from the righteous will of Solis! Innocent blood lays on the orc's hands, as well as your own. I, as an arbiter of justice and protector of the innocent, find you guilty of conspiring with evil and treason against the mortal races in their defense against the outsiders. The sentence... death! Upon saying that he cries out, "Me clamare vindictam ad mortem infantium!" and his greatsword glows with a fierce white light, as if it were the sun itself. Azrael then charges at the human and brings down his greatsword on the wicked mortal.

Attack:
Crit Confrim: [roll1]
Crit Damage: [roll]2d6+5

The blade looking like the sun is just Smite Evil, I just like it better, oh and the Latin means "let me claim revenge for the deaths of the innocents- phrase to be said before smite evil"

smasher0404
2014-05-11, 11:15 PM
Azrael's attack goes wide, hitting the ground. The Human laughs at this, "That long speech for nothing!"

ChaosArchon
2014-05-11, 11:18 PM
My thoughts exactly :smallfrown:

smasher0404
2014-05-11, 11:24 PM
Grimalkin's arrow lands true and knocks out the Human, who is sent tumbling backwards.

Earn 200 xp each

Tibbaerrohwen
2014-05-11, 11:28 PM
With Harley downed, Grim spends his next turn summoning another Celestial Badger (afterwards, I'll be out of 1st level spells).

When the badger appears, he commands the badger to Smite the human (if he is still standing at the time).

I know, Celestial Badgers have smite evil; how sick is that.

Just a reminder that the badger has +4 Str and Con when summoned.

ChaosArchon
2014-05-11, 11:28 PM
Azrael quickly walks over to the unconscious human and beheads him, "That long enough for you?" He then does the same to the unconscious half-orc.

Vhaidara
2014-05-11, 11:40 PM
Alceris walks over to Harley and checks for signs of life. Finding none, she begins to strip the body of its equipment.

ChaosArchon
2014-05-11, 11:44 PM
Azrael strips the human of his plate armor, and concentrates, attempting to detect any evil the armor possesses if any. He then searches the rest of the body for any other equipment.

Search: [roll0]

Detect evil again

After this he walks over to Harley, and closes shut her eyes saying, "May you find peace in the afterlife my friend."

JonU
2014-05-12, 12:10 AM
Alceris walks over to Harley and checks for signs of life. Finding none, she begins to strip the body of its equipment.

Team 7 ring
Team 6 ring
Bronze Key
Chain Mail shirt
Dragonsplit x2 (requires EWP)
Explorers Outfit

Tibbaerrohwen
2014-05-12, 05:28 AM
Grim moves over to to join the other by Harley's side.

"Did...did any of you know her? I mean, really know her? Does she have family?"

Seeing Alceris gathering up Halrey's equipment, he chimes in, "We should try to find out if she had any family, when this is all over, and give them her belongings."

Looking over to Azrael, he inquires, "I know you're not a priest, but you seem the most likely to know anything about last rites. We've seen other bodies become animated and lash out here. I would hate for us to have to put her down...a second time. I might be best for us to try and give her some kind of last rites and burn the body."

Grim shakes his head a little after speaking, then adds, "I don't like the idea. If circumstances were different, I would recommend he carry her back, but it's not an option. This place is to volatile for any of us to be pinned down carry a body that could very well spring up and attack us."

smasher0404
2014-05-12, 09:38 AM
You find no evil amongst the armor of the Human, the only other gear he had with him is his signet ring for Team 8 and his sword.

ChaosArchon
2014-05-12, 02:00 PM
"I only knew of her love for money, other than that we had not much time to talk, this trial leaves very little time for that." said Azrael dejectedly, "as for last rites, I suppose I could do so but afterwards I suggest we return to our sanctuary to rest after we search the half-orc and the group they slaughtered for anything of value. Also could one of you grab the sword, until we know more about it I would like to refrain from coming in contact with it, I know of some evil weapons that cause physical harm to anyone aligned with good.

He then kneels down in prayer and says, "Though the gods may be dead, their memory remains. So to shall Harley's memory remain, she shall rest forever at the Well of Souls, safe from the infernal clutches of the hells or the cold, impersonal hands of the heavens. She may be gone, but in death she still opposes the outsiders and helps Verdntis. May she find peace in her afterlife, so say we all!

By the way the Soul Reaver (I like the legacy of cain reference) is it a sword sword, or is it a greatsword? cuz the damage rolls indicate a greatsword but you keep just saying sword. Also is the plate of the human, full-plate or half-plate?

smasher0404
2014-05-12, 04:45 PM
Soul Reaver, which I had no idea was a reference to anything,is a greatsword, i just abbreviate greatsword to just sword occasionally.Also the armor is fullplate

ChaosArchon
2014-05-12, 07:52 PM
After taking a moment Azrael uses one of the torches from the walls and lights Harleys body on fire. He then says, "Its been a long day, lets carry what loot we can carry and rest in the sanctuary room." Azrael then takes the plate armor and the human's ring.

smasher0404
2014-05-12, 08:04 PM
Through the political power of the Pact of the Moonblooded, the King has agreed to make an exception, and has his court mages teleport you to Team 7's safe-room. You have been given a copy of Harley's ring. However, to be able to retrieve Harley's body and leave the dungeon, the dungeon must first be completed.

JonU
2014-05-12, 10:37 PM
Whenever the group shows up, they find Cahal sitting on what used to be Harley's bed with his back against the wall having a little snack. His chain mail is put away and he is wearing a gray shirt with his black pants.

Vhaidara
2014-05-12, 10:42 PM
Alceris quickly loads a bullet in her sling.
Who are you and what are you doing?

JonU
2014-05-12, 11:08 PM
Easy there fella! I'm just here to retrieve someone; Apparently I have to finish this before doing so. replies Cahal. After a momentary pause he continues I'm Cahal and will be joining you guys at least until the end of this trek. As for what I'm doing, currently I'm eating and then I was planning on taking a nap. He then goes back to finishing his meal.

Tibbaerrohwen
2014-05-12, 11:25 PM
"I'll bring the sword." says Grim, before chortling "Aligned with good; you sound just like a priest."

Grim grabs whatever was left behind by the other party members and continues on his way to the sanctuary. Upon entering, he drops whatever loot he carried with him, placing the sword on the ground next to his bed.

I'm not sure what it is to determine an items magic properties, but I'll toss some rolls out to see if I learn anything.

Spellcraft [roll0]

Knowledge Arcana [roll1]

"I don't see why everyone is so jumpy. Do you have a ring...Cahal? If you do, you check out. Aside from us, and the one we took from our departed comrade, only the people in charge of the trek could have given him one."

He sits on his bed, rolling tobacco into papers, making enough custom cigarettes for everyone in the party.

"Anyone else want one? They help calm the nerves, which I think we could probably use about now."

He lights his cigarette and takes a deep draw. Exhaling, he slowly releases the smoke through his mouth with a deep sigh.

smasher0404
2014-05-12, 11:39 PM
Although you cannot determine the exact properties of the might Soul Reaver, as soon as you touch it, you can feel the tormented screams of thousands of souls trapped in the greatsword over the years.

ChaosArchon
2014-05-13, 12:18 AM
"Hail friend, if you mean us no harm then good. Grim before I sleep let us test my theory." upon saying that, Azrael picks up the greatsword.

Do I take damage or turn into a sociopath?

smasher0404
2014-05-13, 08:27 AM
You do not suffer any physical negative effects, but you can hear the screaming of the thousands of souls trapped within the blade.

ChaosArchon
2014-05-13, 08:50 AM
"Well it seems I am unharmed... but the screams of those souls... my Solis bring peace to them in time" says Azrael in a horrified tone, "I think I'm going to try to rest now... see you all after we wake up." Azrael then places the full plate and Soul Reaver underneath his bed and quickly passes out from exhaustion.

JonU
2014-05-13, 09:01 AM
Cahal quickly flashes his ring at Grim before going back to eating. Once he finishes, he looks everyone over and asks (those that are awake still) What are your names and just what is it that you do? I have been told that you guys could help me find the person I'm looking for so hopefully we can get this trek over with quickly so I can do what I need to do.

Tibbaerrohwen
2014-05-13, 10:20 PM
Through a puff smoke, Grim says "Well, we'll be happy to have your help. But, who is it you're looking for exactly? We've come across a lot of dead bodies. You might not like what you find here."

Vhaidara
2014-05-13, 10:27 PM
I am Alceirs Arbukan. And I neither smoke nor sleep. Who do you search for?
Alceris places the bullet back in her pouch.

JonU
2014-05-14, 09:39 AM
I've been sent to retrieve Harley Moonblood. I know she got killed recently and I've been instructed to retrieve her body. The only way for me to do that was to get stuck in this trek and they put me on your team. He then waits to see what the others has to say.

Vhaidara
2014-05-14, 10:54 AM
Why are you looking for this woman? Is she a criminal?
Alceris mechanical face doesn't change, but her tone implies narrowing eyes to glare at the newcomer.

JonU
2014-05-14, 01:11 PM
I was sent to get her body by a mutual acquaintance of ours, and no she is not a criminal. It's just that our friend wants to make sure she gets a proper burial. Cahal says with a growing look of frustration.

Vhaidara
2014-05-14, 02:47 PM
Alceris relaxes, and nods to the sleeping Azrael.
He burned her body. We had encountered walking dead recently. My apologies, I didn't realize you were aware she was dead.

Tibbaerrohwen
2014-05-14, 07:33 PM
Grim shakes his head slowly, exhaling heavily through his nose in frustration.

"We're sorry for your loss, I'm sure, but burning the body was a necessary precaution. Carrying the body back here was too dangerous and leaving it intact would likely have meant fight our colleague a second time simply to return her to death. Not a prospect I welcome."

After a short pause and another puff of smoke, Grim continues.

"I don't know what your burial customs are, but we did our best to see she was given last rites. If you like, you're more than welcome to collect her ashes and return them to your mutual friend."

Showing obvious distaste at the choice of words, "mutual friend", he closes his eyes after, smoking and chancing daydreams.

JonU
2014-05-14, 09:37 PM
Understandable, I'll need to try to gather her ashes. Did you guys grab her equipment at least? It'll give us something to put at her burial site. Cahal looks around and continues Well, I guess I'll let you guys get some sleep. It sure looks like you could use some after the events that have passed today. With that said Cahal starts getting comfortable for a nap.

smasher0404
2014-05-14, 09:48 PM
The next couple of hours pass peacefully, nothing seems to disturb your slumber. The next "morning" arrives relatively swiftly.

ChaosArchon
2014-05-14, 10:40 PM
Azrael wakes up, feeling well rested. He then mediates and waits for the others to awaken, upon which he asks Grim, "Would you mind trying to figure out if the full plate is enchanted in any sort of way?"

Vhaidara
2014-05-14, 10:43 PM
Azrael awakens to find Alceris staring at him.
The stranger came for Harley. You slept through that part. Such an inefficient process you organics use.

ChaosArchon
2014-05-14, 10:45 PM
"I agree, before the fall of the gods, there were those blessed by Solis who could go without sleep, constantly keeping vigil over the Order's most sacred treasures, sadly those days are past us." replies Azrael, "Did he say why he came to collect Harley's body?

Vhaidara
2014-05-14, 10:49 PM
Something about a mutual friend.

ChaosArchon
2014-05-14, 10:57 PM
"Hmm, well it will come to light eventually, until the trek is ended he's pretty much stuck with us," chuckles Azrael.

Tibbaerrohwen
2014-05-14, 11:17 PM
Grimalkin spends an hour in the morning preparing his spells, in silent meditation, smoking another cigarette.

lv 0 - Detect Magic, Repair Minor Damage, Repair Minor Damage

lv 1 - Colour Spray, Summon Monster I, Grease

Lv 2 - Melf's Acid Arrow

When finished, Grimalkin stands by the door, his club/walking stick in hand, looking over the others as they also prepare.

"I really wish we had a holy-man or a doctor with us. Still, others less skilled than us have succeeded in the past. We've got this."

Taking a quick glance at Cahal, then looking back over the rest of the group, he adds "Just...be careful."

smasher0404
2014-05-14, 11:20 PM
Didn't you have Summon Monster II as your Precocious Apprentice Spell? I might be wrong, but I figured I might as well ask

JonU
2014-05-14, 11:22 PM
When Cahal wakes up, he grabs himself a bit of food and sits down. He then looks over at the two that are already up and says You know what? It was generous of them to give us this everlasting rations bag. Could you imagine how expensive this trek would be if you had to provide your own meals?! Then he looks at Azrael and proceeds I was told that you burned Harley's body. Would you be able to get back there so I can gather up her ashes? I would also appreciate it if we could secure her gear in here until I can get everything returned to our friend.

ChaosArchon
2014-05-14, 11:26 PM
"Of course, we were going to go past there anyway, so you may pick up here ashes as we pass." replied Azrael, "Also Grim would you mind trying to figure out if there are any enchantments on the full plate, or see if you can see how this "Soul Reaver" functions?"

Tibbaerrohwen
2014-05-15, 02:34 AM
With a shrug of his shoulders, Grim says "Sorry. I took a crack at it earlier and I'm afraid I'm out of my depth. If this place really is secure, leave it here and we can take it to get it check after we're finished."

Vhaidara
2014-05-15, 07:33 AM
The blade is enchanted, and therefore more powerful than yours. Wield it.

Tibbaerrohwen
2014-05-15, 08:36 AM
Didn't you have Summon Monster II as your Precocious Apprentice Spell? I might be wrong, but I figured I might as well ask

When I had to rearrange somethings for the build, including swapping around some feats, I switched out Summon Monster II. I was replaced with Melf's Acid Arrow at the same time I took Acid Splatter.

If I'm unavailable during the commencement of our next encounter, Grim starts of the encounter using his longbow and keeping a safe distance from the enemies. He will do this for two rounds.
If no allies have been harmed and one of his shots has hit, he will continue to use his bow for another two round. If no shots have hit, he will close
the distance and rely on Acid Splatter for the rest of the encounter.
If an ally is wounded and the creatures are not immune to mind-effecting effects (as far as Grim would know with basic knowledge) he casts Colour Spray.
If an ally is wounded and the creatures are immune to mind-effecting effects, he casts Summon Monster I and summon a Celestial Badger. If the creature is evil, he commands the badger to charge and use Smite Evil.

Initiative [roll0]

Knowledge Arcana (for strengths and weaknesses) [roll1]

Knowledge Planes (for strengths and weaknesses) [roll2]

Ranged Attack [roll3]
Ranged Attack [roll4]
Ranged Attack [roll5]
Ranged Attack [roll6]

Arrow Damage [roll7]
Arrow Damage [roll8]
Arrow Damage [roll9]
Arrow Damage [roll10]

Acid Splatter Damage [roll11]
Acid Splatter Damage [roll12]
Acid Splatter Damage [roll13]
Acid Splatter Damage [roll14]

Reflex [roll15]

Fort [roll16]

Will [roll17]

ChaosArchon
2014-05-15, 01:59 PM
"Fair point Alceris," nodded Azrael, "well I would hate to delay us any longer, one moment." Upon saying that, Azrael equips the full plate and grabs Soul Reaver, although he still brings his old greatsword w/ its sheath, just in case. "Let's head out then, unless anyone else needs some more time?"

I'll change my character sheet with the new equipment in a sec, any stats you want to inform me of or for right now should i assume the full plate is a masterwork item and Soul Reaver a +2 GS?

smasher0404
2014-05-15, 02:20 PM
Ooc (sorry typing through phone): For Azrael Soul Reader is only treated as a masterwork greatsword.